Agape Little Uni (Kallang) - Infant care

Hi,

Does anyone koe abt the centre closure today before the letter was issued last fri?
They have a calender of sch closure dates pasted on the door but i don't think today's date is on it....

cant rem whether 22nd Nov is on the list pasted @ the glass door... but its marked in my hp yah... n gave me a reminder on Thurs lor...

RE:director's speech
director is to earn monies so no good english nvr mind yah... but has big pocket mah...

wonder has agape arrange for next yr teachers eh? any changes? or all Tr remain in the same level or go with the kids eh?

Eileen,

I believe the centre closure dates for 2010 is pasted on the side of the entrance not the glass door itself which only notifies of the PH in Nov. Also, on Fri the principal reminded me as I bumped onto her. Did you bring your kid to school this morning?

Hi EiLiYa,

I didn't bring my child to school yesterday but i didn't note the date for the centre closure until i saw the letter last fri. I noted down the dates for the centre closure but yesterday's date wasn't in my calendar. Maybe i missed it out.....

Hi,

Are your childen going for the library visit next thurs, 2nd Dec? It's so far the cheapest trip ($9)but i still think they are over charging parents. Not that i can't afford, more of i buay gam guan to let them earn from it. The cost of a 2-way transport for 40 children (big bus)is $180. That amounts to $4.50 per head, including teachers. (17 children from the K1 and K2 group, plus N2 children n teachers. The school should pay for the teachers' share, not parents)I am not sure if there is food but even if there is, shouldn't the cost be included in the school fees already???

me also same as you yah, buay gam guan... teachers' pay is from school.. others expenses gonna "charge" to parents yah... simple calculation wah... this is where to earn the extra... how much effort is require to make the arrangment for transports & library eh?

Ooh I haven't check my son's bag...didn't know there is a library trip. Btw, which library are they going to?

I also think $9 is too expensive. Even taking a taxi to Geylang East library (for example) will not cost you one way $18 ($4.50 x 4 pax) leh...

2nd dec, marine parade library... cant understand why hv to go there leh? why not geylang east one? since its the nearest to agape... and library has been org FREE events yah... and they are more willing to org such event for young kids yah... sigh!!!!

N1 is not included in this trip yah...

Yo mummies... are you all going for the X'mas party? Saw the note in the bag last night, it was stated Friday, 23rd Dec... asked the teachers this morning and they confirmed its Thurday, 23rd Dec. Was scratching my head when I saw the note, Friday, 24th Dec is definitely out for us since we have our own family party. Anyway, hope to meet you all there ;D

maybe later part... cant make it so early yah to the party... wanna meet you all too...

today is my boy 1st day @ agape... yipeee!!!! so far so good as zheng lao shi said lor... he's still w jie jie yah... hope he likes the pl... he gotta cope with only 1 nap in a day now... under MIL's care, she gotten make him nap in the am so she has time for housework yah... and pm for fixing dinner... keke...

Yeah...its good the jie jie is there so it'll make 1st day/week easy for the di di. I remember I had to take 2 days leave and spend time with my son and had to sneak out during before lunch!

The timing is also very early for me thus I intend to leave office by 3pm that day. X'mas period no one is actually working anyway... LOL

Hi everyone.
I'm intending to send my 2mth old boy to the infant care. Any comments abt the place? I've seen the sch before but not sure abt the service and overall care giving to infant.

Appreciate feedback or anything to take note of.

ermm.. cant give comment on the infant care yah... #1 went in when she was 3, and #2 @ 20M...

hope to meet you all too... hope can make it yah...

Hi Mummy!

I intended to enroll my girl to the PG in Agape sengkang branch next year. And I visited the center this morning, actually I feel that it is quite good since the baby can have GYM program. But of course I have no opportunity to know whether the teacher is patient and nice or whether big children are naughty or not. After read your comments, I am a bit worry...

So may I know that is it still worth to enroll my girl when having these issues?

Hi AZ,

At first i was like you, very worry after reading so much from here and there. And after my girl there, I can see the teachers is not as bad as what you hear. They are nice and excellent teachers, especially the principal Ms. Yee there are very good, she do keep her eyes on the children and show her love and smile. So now I have no worries, my girl learn a lot there, she eat by herself and play.
But be prepare for the first week in school as is the child do need time to adapt with the new enviroment teachers, vv for teachers too, to understand the child pattern, each child have difference pattern. As for us also if we are in new enviroment we also scare too.
I will give my two tumbs up for this school for sengkang agape.

eiliya
tr charlene is previously PG (now N1) teacher. my gal teacher. was shocked to see eileen posting that tr charlene got tattoos. anyway i have withdraw my gal from agape and this week will be her last wk @ agape. glad to have known u mummies here.
happy.gif
take care everyone and have a good year ahead!

75% of K1 kids will be tfr to Cecil outlet... but mine stay put...

hmmmm... what's the reason behind for this tfr eh?

Hi mummies,

Just for sharing... had a birthday celebration this week. All the kids were so cute, sitting around the tables waiting for the cake to arrive ;D

5011258.jpg
5011259.jpg

Hi Reiner,

Why did you trf your kids to Cecil branch? Better environment? N2 this year has 21 kids!! *fainted*

Hi Eiliya,

I'm from the Serangoon branch. May I know what is the standard classroom size? 21 really seems like alot!

My child is also in N2 and his class is the biggest so far 13 kids which I already find it's alot. haha

Hi bbwow,

I think the class size differs. I know N2 at Kallang is the largest by far. 21 kids. I only knew that last week. It is shocking eh.

13 sounds alright. I remember when I 1st brought my son in Oct-09, they had something like 14 kids, then in '10 they had 17 kids... this year is ultimate... 21 kids. I hope the teacher ratio is not actually 2:21. I did ask my friend who runs a Montesorri carechild, they operate 1:8 at N2 level. Of cos their fees are slightly higher but not by alot... gosh. Just thinking if I'm getting the "best deal"?

Eliya
i think your son class will eventually get lesser too ;) cos i bump into one of his classmates mum last fri @ the carpark and she told me that she want to withdraw too but waiting for the other kindy/cc for vacancy.

yah, better env over @ cecil lor... not so crampy like kallang... and ms lai is over @ cecil now.

isnt agape is going by mcys law? i.e the min requirement: -

Trained Programme Staff-Child Ratio
1. Table 1: Programme Staff-Child Ratio
AGE OF CHILDREN TRAINED PROGRAMME
STAFF-CHILD RATIO
2 months - 18 months >> 1: 5*
Above 18 months - 30 months >> 1:8
Above 30 months - 3 years >> 1: 12 (PG)
Above 3 years - 4 years >> 1: 15 (N1, N2)
Above 4 years - below 7 years>> 1: 25 (K1, K2)

is the staff to child ratio stated in agape handbook?

how about N1? how many kids?

Hi Reiner,
I thought the agape at Cecil st also quite cramp already? I found another new Childcare at Cecil st, it's called Genius Hive, visited them in dec, very impressed with the layout, the subject based program n the toys. They have a big playground at entrance, the director told me it's tailor made then import into Singapore. The have varieties of program includes geography, science, festive corner on top of the normal language n music/art. They also imported quite a number of toys from Europe to make the learning funs. I was pretty tempted to put my boy there but my husband already registered my son into Agape at serangoon. This cc is very different from other cc I visited. I can see that the director put in lots of effort in designing the programs, not just sucking Money.

Ya... I know the class ratio is still within the MCYS regulation but I think 1:15 is way too much for a teacher to handle. I mean if I am paying like $400-500 per month for school fees, I won't complain about that. Our fees is double of that right... we should be expecting a higher level of service and quality.

Reiner, Cecil is in CBD area. Isn't it very inconvenient to send your kids there every morning? I won't consider moving my son there if it means I have to drive to CBD area every morning and then to Tuas. My life will be shortened by 10 years man...

Actually my hb's family been urging me to send my son to Ascension kindergarten (long story...) but I've been resisting it cos' I think my son is happy at Agape. He looks forward to going to school and even on PH, he'll tell me he wanna go to school. I also thought Agape's environment is quite good, curriculum is good too. However, this sudden explosion in class size is disturbing me
sad.gif

Hi all,

My older son is in agape and i intend to send my younger boy (22 mths) to PATS Schoolhouse at Meyer road. I am going to let him take the school bus. Maybe you all can consider that and our kids can take the school bus together? Pats schoolhouse ratio is 2:7 or 2:8 for all levels. There are 2 teachers at all times. 1 english teacher and 1 chinese teacher.

the kids over @ cecil is lesser leh.... can share how much is the fee @ Genius Hive?

transport provided to cecil lor... same time, hubby sends the kids to agape kallang... but back home will be aro 15min later lor...

Hi Eiliya,
heard lots of gd comments @ Ascension leh... but not convenient for us @ all...

Hi Reiner,
I can't remember the exact dollar Genius Hive is charging, I think it is around $1100 b4 subsidy, i hav the impression that this price is about the range at CBD cc like Cherie hearts and Citikids, I think it's a reasonable price consider the facility, teachers n the rich programs. The learning schedule is quite full, avg 45mins for each subject, don't hav to worry the kids get boring n nothing to do or spend the extra dollar for enrichment class jjust to fill up the time.

Hi Reiner,

I drop by the Cecil Branch when I was in the vicinity. Nice environment. Infant care also got big area.

I remember when I queried about the fee hike the last round, I was told that the CC wanted to reduce teacher-to-child ratio. Now for my DD1 (in K1), their class has 23 kids (2 teachers). For DD2 (in N1), now they have 15 kids (3 teachers). Indeed the teacher-to-child ratio has reduced. Anyway, think the CC is running at full capacity liao, cannot take in anymore children.

HI Snowball,

nice to see you yah... keke....

both kids are @ Cecil branch now... hope there wont be same problem as @ kallang one...

the ratio oer your side is good leh... N1>> 1: 5, K1>> 1: 12 wow!!! how me wish kallang has such gd Tr to kids ratio yah.... then me wont move my kids to cecil....

Hi Reiner,

Seldom see you at the other mummy forum leh.

Actually they put 3 teachers with N1 now as the PG kids also join them. When the CC recruit more PG kids, they will split the class and N1 will be back to 2 teachers.

Hi mummies!

I'm intending to put my son at agape @ Cecil when he's 18 mths old..

Any comment on the centre? How's the curriculum of agape?Is it worth the $$?

Thanks!!

hi sandra,

both my kids r tfr to Cecil branch... so far okay lor... 18M will be in PG, same as my #2. Now PG is combined with N1, Tr HuiXin.... She's a nice Tr yo....

Hi leereiner,

yar, tr huixin seems nice, very young too.

How do u find the curriculum? It looks very nice on paper. Do they really follow the time table?

Ur kids enjoy going to school?

Thanks for responding!
happy.gif

so far so good yah... yah curriculum is nice on paper, think apply to most ccc bah.... practically unsure how much they follow the paper...

Hi Reiner,

My gals' CC going to start 3G arithmetic enrichment class next mth. Your elder child joining?

I signed my DD1 up for this course. See if it is good.

Back