Agape Little Uni (Kallang) - Infant care

leereiner
the email is dated this yr or last yr? hmm agape got membership?? i also havent met mrs neo... is she chinese or indian? saw a few new faces in agape lately but no idea who they are....

regarding mattress
u can try to find 2nd hand online and buy from those pple who decide to stop CC and go for normal kindergarten... and bedsheet need not be agape one... cos mine is a red color mattress and my cover is cute pink pictures kind... not the usual agape mattress and bedsheet ... :D

the e-mail is dated 02 Sep hor...

wow!!! 3 hands up >>. no see mrs neo yah... she's chinese ya.

double check my gal's enrol receipt... <font size="+1">GOT PAID THE MATTRESS...80bucks</font> think me got a mix up w cr**tive one yah.... this cr**tive didnt ve to pay yo...

is there any notice given of fee increase for PG/N1, N2/K1/K2 kinda eh?

If I'm not wrong, I saw a notice on the increase of infant fees but didn't see any notice for increase in N1 fees. I realised the increase from the monthly receipt. But I'm quite blur sometimes so maybe they did send...anyone received?

Ooh...you didn't pay for the mattress in CS!?! I paid leh... $50 for mattress $20 for 2 covers. That's why when we left, I asked for the mattress back ;P

when me enrolled my gal for PG, the rate is 850bucks (Sep/Oct Yr08, during their very 1st open hse) and the rate for PG/N1 are the same 850bucks. So are N2/K1/K2 leh 750bucks...

me didnt received any notice for fee up leh...

ya... recalled that paid 20bucks for the mattress cover... already "screamed" leh... keke...

can share the agape monthly fee receipt, PG/N1 or even N2 one eh? wanna verify the charges yah...

Hi Leereiner,

My younger gal at PG also paying $500 ($900-$100(disc) - $300 subsidy) until end of the year - Due to $100 discounts (for 1yr) granted by OCBC Baby Bonus account. Maybe your SIL is under the promotion.

For my elder gal, she was enrolled in Sep 08, 1 month before the fee hike and standardisation of CC fees. Hence, I am paying $750 for N2 onwards (still under the old fee).

Hi Snowball,

nice to see you here yah... the baby bonus account? is it CDA? the one that govt match dollar by dollar one? if is this, then nope leh... my niece is not entitle to this scheme.

N2 - so can say after 300bucks govt sub, the fee is 450bucks? no other discount eh?

Hi Leereiner,

Hi, hi.....Yes, the CDA account opened with OCBC. If not, then maybe the CC got some other promotion tie-ups which your SIL is entitled to?

My N2 DD1 is paying $450 for CC fees. But, after adding fees for Art class/ English S &amp; D, milk/ yalkut, we also end up paying almost $500(after $30 sibling discounts somemore).

I find that the mattress covers and uniforms are expensive.

Next week, my DDs' CC organising trip to Buttefly park, they charge each child $25 (transport/ entrance fee/ lunch). Plus, my MIL going along to jaggar my DD2, pay another $28. Paying almost $80 for this 1/2-day trip. Expensive hor?

Hi Snowball,

ay... how come different pricing yah? you can scroll up and see EiLiYa posting:-

<font color="119911">EiLiYa (s_l)
Username: s_l
Posted on Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 10:34 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow we're going to Butterfly Park... Cost $18 per child and $20 per adult (without lunch). Thought it is kinda expensive too but I'm not sure what the admission price is and didn't bother to find out so just paid for it. Any parents going?</font>

@ Kallang is 18bucks where as your side is 25bucks.... hmmmm

ya... everything is so ex from agape leh... every single thing they wanna earn a BIG share of it... so no matter how much govt sub, the monies still go to agape bah... poor parents become poorer lor... govt no help wah...

me is paying 450bucks for fee and S&amp;D of 60bucks... so every month is 510bucks... NO ART CLASS leh... 30bucks sibling discount?? applicalbe to younger one only or for both eh?

Hi Leereiner,

I thot Agape standardise their CC fees from Oct last yr, except for One-North where their fees cost $100 more for all levels.

Huh? you mean the lunch cost $7 per person.....I wonder what lunch they provide. Ya lor, I find that Agape's outing/ excursion is very expensive. Last time went Marina Barrage (CC brought fried rice for lunch), each pax still paid more than $10.

Only my DD1 enjoy $30 sibling discount after I enrolled my DD2 for PG. I gotta pay $40 for her Art class.

Every month, more than $1k is paid to Agape (after subsidy). I agree with you, whatever additional subsidy Govt give, they will adjust their CC fees to sucked up the extras. We are not any better off in the end leh.

Hi Snowball,

my #1 in N2 is going to animal resort on 16 Sep and gotta pay 16bucks yah... how about yours?

yah... so how come there's difference of pricing for excursion eh?

already clarify with mrs neo yah...

for my #1 - the fee is 900bucks (as you mentioned of price increased) but given 150bucks discount. so agape still honour the old price of 750bucks. With govt sub of 300bucks, we are paying 450bucks per month for the fee...

as for my #2, the fee is 900bucks. With govt sub of 300bucks, and "member" of (TMC -sorta of baby club and using ocbc cda to pay fee) then 100bucks rebate... so my boy fee will be 500bucks...

wanna confirm again the <font size="+1">30BUCKS SIBLING</font> discount hor... so your DD1 has 30bucks off eh? not on your #2 right?

<font color="ff6000">side track... is your DD1 @ yahama? how is it eh?</font>

Hi Leereiner,

Yalor, I find their prices for excursion to same place different for different centres.

My DDs' centre did not organise to go Animal Resort leh.

My DD1 got $30 sibling discount. DD2 dun have.

Yamaha - My DD1 enjoyed her class very much. Music Wonderland has lotsa singing and listening. They only use the keyboard ocassionally. My DD1 going to progress to YJC (Yamaha Jnr Cse) next month. They will be using the keyboard more. Let her continue for 1yr first and see if she has the interest then we will invest in a proper piano for her.

Hi Snowball,

thanks so much for confirmation of the <font size="+1">30bucks silbling</font> rebate yah... gotta get them to check on this yah...

hmmmm.... which yamaha branch? YJC will be a new teacher yah? not e same teacher from the wonderland eh?

any one going for the animal resort this week?
happy.gif

Hi,

Jus wanna share this:

My aunt who is babysitting my 1.5 yr old boy, helps to bring my elder boy to Agape daily. Last fri when she reached the ccc at abt 10am, she saw a playgroup little girl crying and there was this new teacher (I dunno who she meant) who became angry with the crying little girl and threw a sch bag very loudly besides the little girl. The little girl got a terrible shock and my aunt who witnessed the whole incident, scolded the teacher. She told her off saying that if she does not hv the patience, go find another job. Li Lao Shi came out cos the bang from the bag was really loud and she too agreed that the little girl was frightened.
Cos of this, i hv decided not to put my little boy in Agape anymore. At least my elder boy is able to tell me whatever happened in sch.
Btw, there are apparantly 2 very naughty boys in the K1, K2 group from Sengkang. 1 of the took a N1 boy's hands and swing him round and later released his hands. the N1 boy flew off and hit his head. This landed my older boy in shock as well and he refused to go to school.

OMG... how can the teacher be so impulsive?! This incident had a witness, how about the other incidents without witnesses? Gosh...this is unbelievable!

Eileen, did you see which N1 boy was bullied? Also, when did it happen? Usually they are not suppose to be in the same class unless during early morning or evening while waiting for parents. I am very disturbed with this sort of bullying in school. I think we need an explanation from the school in regard to this. I've seen rather mischevious-looking K1/2 boys around before and they always seem to be intimidating the younger ones. Gee...

Hi EiliYa,

I dunno the name of the N1 boy but his parents were informed. The 2 very naughty K1/K2 boys are Brian and Jepthan.
This incident was brought up cos my boy refused to go to school. He complained that Tr li is very fierce. So i went to sch to find out.
Apparently the N1 tr had to go to the toilet so she asked tr li to help look after the class. i think tr li combined the classes in order to look after both groups of children. and when she saw the incident, she screamed very loudly and my boy was scard cos of this.

eileen
the PG class has a new english teacher cos teacher angelene has transfered to another branch. but that new teacher doesnt look so bad tempered leh... after reading the incident, it sounds very worrying to me cos my gal is in PG.
sad.gif

Eileen,
Tr Li was screaming at the naughty boys right? I think she is usually quite ok but can be fierce towards naughty kids. Which is fine I guess... Some kids need to be taught the "hard way". But of cos' hitting the children is not allowed. Raising voice is inevitable.

wow.. happening again...

the new teacher @ PG seems like fresh O leh... how to cope with PG litties eh? how mcuh experience and patience she has? <font color="ff0000">just kpo,who's that little girl eh?</font>

Hi eileen,
me got no choice gotta send my 18M boy in liao leh... how to 放心 leh??

Brain - that K boy... saw his writting on the whiteboard as punishment yah.. sthing like " not to say STUPID again" saw 2 big boys pressed the door switch n ran out, think to the school bus back to SK yo. Now even in K got bullies liao!!! what is the P doing eh? no see her everytime leh, too early in am (aro 0730hrs) or too late in pm (aro 1700h) so gotta make appt to see her leh??? she very bo eng leh... wonder is she @ Kallang or not?

but raising voice till make the kid scare/dont want to go to sch is no good too yah... worst is to PG kiddies...

Tr Angelene got tfr eh? how come P Michelle got tfr n Tr Angelene also got tfr eh? why like to tfr Kallang ones out eh? then get FRESH ones here... <font color="119911">TREAT KALLANG AS TRAINING GROUND</font> leh...

who are the teachers?

K1/K2 - Tr Pauline, Li Jia老师 (the bubbly one)
N2 - Tr Grace, Chen 老师 (the long hair)
N1 - Tr Jessica, Tr Doris
PG - new Tr (to replace Tr Angel) Li老师 (the short hair)

<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">any news for the new P?</font></font> or are they gonna save this cost? run by PT Snr P eh?

leereiner
tr angelene got transfer in end sep to the new branch in raffles place. they even gave us the invite to the opening hse there wor... as for the P, usually i'll see her going in to the CC at ard 9am.

PG - Tr Charlene &amp; Zheng 老师 .

so why gotta tfr Tr Angel, why cant new RP get their Tr leh?

Superbee, you mean there's already a new P? hmmmm... didnt notice any memo yah?! or are you refering to Mrs Neo? if she, then she's not the new P lor. she's the Snr P or rather temp P only hor... wow... so gotta see the Snr P after 9am and before 5pm lor... this is my working hr too leh... so very hard to meet her lor... need to take leave to meet her eh? need to meet her upon appt lor after 1830hrs?

@ least to see the P everyday, not a 过分要求 bah... cld see/small talk to P Michelle every am and also the previous P leh...

K1/K2 - Tr Pauline, Li Jia老师 (the bubbly one)
N2 - Tr Grace, Chen 老师 (the long hair)
N1 - Tr Jessica, Tr Doris
PG - Tr Charlene &amp; Zheng 老师 (the short hair)

dunno y they transfer her out wor...

paiseh shd be Snr P... New P not in yet... i been seeing Snr P lately cos i drop my gal off at ard 9am... :p

This thread serves as a gathering place for all busy mummmies whose children are all in the same ccc. I seriously think that it is a good avenue for all to voice our concerns and share our views on certain issues pertaining to all aspects of the centre.
It is alright for the centre's personnel to read this thread but they definitely have no right to stop us from all our discussions, and we have absolutely no obligations to help them keep certain happenings under wraps. In fact we should all share so that we can be aware of the things happening..

Eileen,

I totally agree. So long whatever we are saying are true experiences and not defamations we should have no qualms about sharing. Afterall, this is what a forum thread is for.

Hi all,

Does anybody have any reviews on Pat's Schoolhouse, the Siglap branch? Thinking of sending my younger boy there........

Btw what Agape Kallang really needs is a strong and influential P lah. They dun have a strong leader to drive the centre all these while until this Senior P came along. But then again, she is not permanent....

Hi everyone,

Mrs Neo called me and explained that the "throwing bag" incident. She said that the teacher "dropped" the bag and did not "throw" on purpose. So, benefit of doubt.......

Hi EiLiYa,

My aunt insisted last night that the teacher THREW the bag. She said she SAW how the teacher threw the bag. Anyway i didn;t pursue the matter lah.... was concerned cos i was looking for a ccc to place my younger boy

Eileen,

Sigh... Often it is better to admit the mistake and try to resolve the problem then to cover up and expose more faults.

Hi mummies,
I get my boy register to Agape@serangoon then only found this thread. It seems like some of the mummies view confirm my feel that this ccc is money sucker.

Also wanted to chk is it normal to pay the whole sum of deposits+ 1st mth school fee, misc... all upon registration? My child will only enrol in Jan 2011 but they demand me to pay upon registration, claiming they give the $100 off n they need security... is that right?

Hi Yaoyaomum,

I won't say they're money sucker though the fee doesn't come cheap. However, if you make a comparison outside, they are more or less about the same cost for this standard/type of CCC services. Surely you can get a CCC at a much lower cost, but the standard is different already. What I'm asking for is that while they are increasing the fee, they should also show that they are increasing the level of service/standard.

To answer your question, yes it is the norm that upon registration the centre will collect a full month fee (i.e. total amount before deducting subsidies or discount if any) as deposit and usually they'll collect 1st month fee as well. I had the same experience from the 2 CCC which my son been to.

Hi Yoayaomum,
Which level is your boy in? PG/N?
I juz registered my boy for PG1 with agape@serangoon too, starting in dec 2010.

So far no review for this centre, hope he'll do well there.

Hi,

Any mummies have experience to share with Lorna Whiston language school?
I am thinking of sending my boy there for English classes......

Hi EiLiYa,
Thanks for sharing, I really hope they are worth money to give the child experience better standard of service than those cheaper CCC. I put my boy into a neighborhood CCC before but he really don't like it n wasted 3 months money...

Sara,
I registered my boy into N1 next Jan. I visited this centre 2 weeks ago on Saturday, they hav done the cleaning n I can't really tell whether their ventilation is good enough during weekdays since they put all children at the basement, the underground part is the thing I don't like but my boy seems to enjoy their gyms act.
They are pretty new, only 60+ kids so far. Maybe you n I can start the 1st review on this agape@serangoon, haha..

Hi everyone,

Just to share that i attended Agape's concert last week and i was truly impressed at the standard of the performances! The musicals the kids put up were truely of standard though i find the item put up by one-north a little too long and draggy and not very suitable for their age.
Kallang put up the little red hen, cck put up ugly duckling and one-north put up the sound of music.
It'll be good if the kids can perform for the rest of the children in their own centres.
Just one concern for the authorities in Agape. The songs and lyrics in the little red hen and ugly duckling were improvised but the exact sound tracks were used for the sound of music. Agape is not a government institution. It is a commercially run private centre. Jus a word of caution: You are exposing yourselves to the infringement of copy rights issues for the sound of music performance.
Oh, the emcee for the event was either too nervous or not of very good standard. And the director's speech was full of tense mistakes!!! If even the director speaks like that, i am very concern of the standard of english taught in the centres.

Hi Eileen,

Thanks for sharing.

I'm shock to hear that the director's speech was full of grammar mistakes. Err... that is not very good ya. Like you said, if the management portrayed such standard, what more can we expect from the teachers and principals. Gosh...unbelievable...

Hi Yaoyaomum,
Russell will be in N1 too in 2011. He is starting in dec 2010 cos I want him to get used to the centre as he is very attached to me.
Maybe our boys will be in the same class.

I too don't like the underground part but am hoping the lessons, teachers &amp; friends will make up for it!

Hi Eileen,
Thanks for sharing.
The kids were rehearing their performances @serangoon when i visited the centre, looks high spirited.

Back