!Advise on Mulberry Learning Centre

Hi Kayla, Thanks. Will go take a look
happy.gif

I don't believe this... but it appears it's all the mamas here, and no papas? Sigh.

I hope I'm not the only guy who cares more about my kids than my wife. Lol.

Anyway, I know this is a motherhood forum. But given this time and age about gender equality... can welcome a "papa penguin"? :)

I'm also looking at Mulberry @ JE and wondering if there are other alternatives.

Thanks WWT for your sharing.
We have decided to go for Mulberry JE mainly location is nearest to home and i did not like the environment at chevron cherie hearts.
My son is now in Little Skool House...we have been there since N1. I love the skool lots cos teacher is GREAT and the environment is not wow wow, simple but sufficient. Fees also in $6xx range....But due to work now near our home, we have to give up Little Skool House.

Hope Mulberry JE can deliver. I just hope the teachers are good as little skool house. Haizz.....

My girl also started with Mulberry. We took her to visit many centers and Mulberry was her choice. She actually like both JE & IBP branch (actually she didn't know that they are both Mulberry) but we eventually decided to go with IBP due to logistic arrangement. So far things has worked out pretty well, she like the teachers & environment and she is enjoying her class. For me, it is important that the curriculum can keep her interest going as we moved her out from her last center because she kept saying she learned nothing there and didn't want to go. For fees, Mulberry has included 2 enrichment programs so if you take that into consideration, I guess it is still reasonable, not to mention it does help to save some time for the weekend.

WWT, actually there is also a Little Skool House at West Coast CC as well. I had visited the center too. They are quite new and did not have many students as yet. You can check that out. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I understand that Townforkids is a curriculum that Mulberry used to adopt till they developed their own program. Currently, they are only using the multimedia program from Townforkids.

Hi keann, All the best. I hope your child can adapt fast to his new childcare
happy.gif

Hi mycottonbaby, Thanks for your recommendation. Mulberry@IBP is one of my choice too. Let me know more about the childcare can? am particularly interested with the following n hope you can share:
- is any of your child class teachers or aunties there to welcome your child every morning? do they come over automatically to assist if child throw tantrum in the morning?
- does the teacher follows the time table?
- is the children nasal mucus wipe off or left dry on children face when you see them?

LSH is also one of my choice. i search their web but only found one LSH at ayer rajah cc (LSH@Pandan). are you referring to this LSH?

WWT, my girl is adapting well; there were a couple of days she had separation anxiety when i dropped her off in the morning but thereafter, when I asked her about her school, she said she like it & she is having fun. She likes the teachers and the enrichment classes as well since the 1st week she started.

As for class teachers receiving her in the morning, it was not all days. I guess all centers are more or less the same as teachers are on rotating shift and it really depends what time you send her off in the morning as well. In all the centers that she has attended, the class teachers are not always there. In this case, for those couple of days that my girl went into tears, teachers (not just class teacher) were helpful and even the principal came to help. However, in my case, such situation is probably better handled by myself than the teachers. There again, all child is different and I felt the teachers there are quite open and will be willing to work with you.

As for whether the teacher follows timetable, I never stayed through the day to verify (just couple of hours on the 1st day). I learned from my own experience that the longer I hang around the slower my girl adapt to the surrounding. I guess you can if you want and they do allow you to sit in for the initial period. I think it is quite close at least from what my girl has related to me.

Lastly, all kids look clean to me so far. My girl was having running nose the last few days and i don't have any issue with it when I picked her up.

For LSH, yes, it is the one at Pandan Garden. Rather near West Coast Area.

PM me if you have more questions.

Hi myconttonbaby, Thanks for sharing.

Mulberry@Acer sounds good.but their fees+uniform quite ex. anyway will go take a look. seems like this is the best alternative for my child since creative don't take in child 18 month old. btw is your child in their PG level?

I called LSH@ Pandan and talked to one of their teacher. their PG is presently full. 3 teachers (inc asst. teacher) taking 16 children. more than half the class is in AM session and already have 5 HFMD cases. the cc is planning to start new class but will bring in one new teacher and the chinese teacher will run all classes... their fees is $716.5 after subsidy + $22 uniform... sounds like they may have manpower issues. don't think i want to risk :p

My wife and I were hunting for a cc to transfer our kids once we have shifted and we chanced upon mulberry@Acer after visiting creative-o. The first impression created by creative is no-nonsense, that they know what they are doing and if you want to enrol your kids there, you'll just have to queue up and wait. On the other hand, mulberry gave us a warmer feeling because the stand-in principal gave a thorough brief of the curriculum and also brought us around to see the environment.

Mulberry's centre is bright and spacious, compared to creative, dim and untidy. Mulberry is newer so we can understand the infra is definitely better. But I feel that tidiness and cleanliness are habits that should not erode even if the centre is established (old).

I didn't manage to see the staffs at creative but the staffs at mulberry are quite young and some of them seem like they have just graduated. Anybody has feedback on the quality of the teachers at mulberry@acer?

The fees are rather steep but I believe in 一分钱一分货。I hope I'm right.

hi, Sam. I am a mother whose kids just transferred from Mulberry to Creative O. I transferred them becoz the teachers' turn-over rate is very high.I have to admit that Teachers are good and caring but the management is no good. Teachers' workload is right heavy and couldn't take good care of the children.My Girl struggled there for about 2 years in JE branch(she had no sense of safety because she had to met new teachers frequently. I transferred my two kids to creative O even without prior visiting the school. But i have no regrets. Creative O looks not so tidy which give the children more space for imagination and creation. That's my personal opinion. My two kids grow up with Creative O very well and I like the way they guide children. They have assistant teachers taking care of the children's meals and napping time. Core teachers have enough time to concentrate on teaching program.I also like the project method. My 2 kids adapted well after enrollment. they are looking forward to their school life everyday. Creative O not publized well because they mainly open to their own staff's kids, they no need to do a lot of marketing. Mulberry has strong marketing team that's why they open a new branch every year and from west to the town! but as parents, what i see is what the real thing my kids has learned from school.

hi all,me and my husband just went to mulberry @IBP today to check out the environment.Anita was the person who showed us around.She was able to answer all the questions which I posed and we were there for over an hour while the kids were having their lessons.I have a better feeling about this place as compared to Learning Vision @Icon (also within IBP). will consider to bring my boy there to see if he is comfortable with the environment and the teachers.

Let go 2set of BN Mulberry Uniform

boy's morning uniform 1 set size S $10
girl's afternoon jumper 1 set size L $10

Absolutely Brand New.

PM me pls

Hi all,

Just would like to share with you the information regarding the intellectual development of a child...

Confirming numerous scientific researches about the beneficial impact of live classical music for children's brain and IQ development, “Symphony of Motherhood” project is an evening of relaxing, mood-making music and poetry, artistically crafted to multiply the effect.

Check it out!))

Hi Mulberry Learning,

You are from Mulberry Learning HQ?

My child has withdrawl from CCK branch last day's attendance was 29th July 2016 but I have not get the deposit refund till in Oct I emailed the Principal, the Admin. assisted the matter but due to the wrong figure on the cheque, I failed to collect it. The HQ will re-issue the cheque but now after 1 week, still nobody updates me when the cheque will be ready, I also emailed the Principal and Admin. This is a poor service. Let me know how I can feedback to the HQ.

Thanks

Back