Advise on confinement nanny during CNY period

BunnyKK

Hi all,

My EDD is 20/02/2019, this is my #1. My safe delivery date are from 30 Jan - 6 Mar. My parents and in-laws are not convenient to help me out during my confinement period, thus I need to get a confinement nanny.

The EDD is nearby the CNY period (5 & 6 Feb 2019), so there will be extra $1,000 CNY charge if I will to book a Nanny from 29 Jan-9 Feb. For this CNY package, there will be no price adjustment even if my BB born after 9 Feb. But I will be assign a Nanny if my BB deliver on 1st day of CNY.

The normal package start after 9 Feb. So in the event my BB deliver on 30 Jan, I will not have any Nanny from 30 Jan-9 feb.

I need to book a Nanny now, and I am in dilemma because who know when my BB is coming out. Any mummy whose baby EDD is nearby CNY can give me some advise? Thanks in advance.

Hi BunnyKK

My EDD is 14 Feb and I have the same dilemma. I spoke to my doctor and other ladies so the best we can do is book closest to EDD date.

I was also worried my baby would arrive early or later therefore if I booked through and agency I would have to fork out the full amount just be to safe. Since your EDD is 20 Feb don't stress yourself out and worry about things that are out of our hands.

I'm planning to book my CL for 16 Feb but requested she give me a week before and after to be safe. If complications arise then I'll deal with it then because I only have my husband too as parents are not in SG.

If you're booking through an agency and you really want to play safe then pay the extra 1K at least you can have a CL as and when you need one.

Hope this helps.

Hi all,

My EDD is 20/02/2019, this is my #1. My safe delivery date are from 30 Jan - 6 Mar. My parents and in-laws are not convenient to help me out during my confinement period, thus I need to get a confinement nanny.

The EDD is nearby the CNY period (5 & 6 Feb 2019), so there will be extra $1,000 CNY charge if I will to book a Nanny from 29 Jan-9 Feb. For this CNY package, there will be no price adjustment even if my BB born after 9 Feb. But I will be assign a Nanny if my BB deliver on 1st day of CNY.

The normal package start after 9 Feb. So in the event my BB deliver on 30 Jan, I will not have any Nanny from 30 Jan-9 feb.

I need to book a Nanny now, and I am in dilemma because who know when my BB is coming out. Any mummy whose baby EDD is nearby CNY can give me some advise? Thanks in advance.

Hello!
My EDD is 13 Jan and so it’s a 50-50 chances of me hitting the CNY period for a CL. I called up some that were recommended by my friends (private CLs and through agents) and after comparing their services, conditions and price. I decided on an agent company (Baby’s Whisperer) based in SG but their CLs are from MY.

Why? Baby’s Whisperer was sincere, they came down to my doorstep and guided me through what confinement is all about and also their recommendation for a successful confinement and what they have. They were super open to their pricing and they also shared that they are now extending their services in partnership with Gleaneagles in talks etc. It might sound like a marketing tactic but what I understood for a conversation is that because my EDD might hit CNY, some of the private CLs that I approached directly in MY said the price would be cheaper if I end my confinement period earlier and allow them home. Assuming my delivery date is really 13th, which means I would end my confinement about 1.5 weeks earlier if I want to save on that extra $1k CNY “surcharge”. But Baby’s whisperer don’t recommend that. The agent explained the whys (mainly to aid better recovery for the Mummy) and that sure enlightened me. Also, Baby’s whisperer don’t leave u dangling in the air when it comes to “when can I release my CL home before CNY?”. They gave a concrete date and shared if my delivery date is before 9th Jan, the charge will be their standard normal package charge. Otherwise it would be their CNY rate.

Can try asking around for opinions if it’s still not late! =)

Hi all,

Hi, my edd is 17 Feb and all the confinement agencies have informed me they are fully booked for CNY now. I’m panicking and wondering if you managed to book any and if u took up the cny package in the end?

Hello mummies, you all can try Baby's Whisperer. They have a good team of CLs, who are all professionally trained, and charge very reasonable price. You can contact Miss Skylene 90281488.

Back