!!!ADVISE N HELP NEEDED FOR OSCAR RESULT!!!

evelynn

Hi mummies,

I m so lost n helpless now. I jus wanna share my feeling n would appreciate some advises fm u.

I jus did my Oscar on Tue n my gynae called me to tell me that i m at risk n suggested a amnio test on 25th Jan. She said e passing pt should be 1 to 300 while for my case its 1 to 227. She said e scan shows very positive result n e risk is reduced to 1 to 500 but my blood test result increases e risk to 1 to 227.

If i were to take e amnio test, there is a 1% risk of miscarriage and i will have to wait for 4 more wks to take e test n e test result will only come out 2 to 3 wks later. Meaning i will have to stay this worried, lost n helpless for almost 2mths.

1) Should i take e amnio test? Is e result accurate?

2) May i know what is "Triple Blood Test"? Was it e blood test taken on e same day as e Oscar scan.

3) May i know what is Chorionic Villus Sampling? Is there any risk for this test? Is e result similar to amnio test?

4) I understand there are e express test result n e normal test result but my gynae suggested e normal one as she said e result is more detailed n more tests are involved but it takes 2-3 wks. Is there any detailed test but yet i can have e result in jus 2 to 3 days?

5) May i know what is TR?

6) Does the DS possibility affects heart as well? Cos my family have a few members w/ this problem.

Sorry for so many questions but would really appreciate it if u could advise on any that u know of.

Hi Evelynn,

You must be feeling very worried now. Just to share, my OSCAR results was 1:24 when I did it a few months back. I cried buckets when my gynae broke the news to me. Like you, I was also very worried and troubled. I waited a month to proceed with the amnio as the risk of miscarriage for CVS was much higher had I decided not to wait but to go ahead with CVS. My amnio came out fine and I was very relieved. I wil be delivering this thurs at 38 weeks.

I know quite a few friends that went through similar experience as us and 100% of them all turn out ok after amnio. I know it is very difficult for u not to worry but the Oscar test really yields a lot of false positive results. I would encourage you to opt for the express results to shorten the painful wait. The express results will be followed up with detailed results in 2 weeks but it is a very close indication of the final result.

All the best to you and I really think you and your baby will be fine, like so many of us that went through it.

I think there is another thread on "bad Oscar result" if you google. I've read the thread umpteen times in my moments of depression and found that it really consoled me.

Keep us updated!

Hi Evelynn,

I went through the same thing as you just a month ago. My OSCAR results was 1:170-something. My age-adjusted OSCAR result was 1:200-something. I went through an Amnio and the result came back ok.

Don't worry too much about it. I have heard so many stories of women who had such bad OSCAR results. A friend's wife was told her risk was 1:13 and she was carrying twins. She opted not to go through with the Amnio and her babies turned out fine.

I don't know the answers to all your questions. But I know that the risk of miscarriage for Amnio and CVS is the same. Also, the accuracy is also the same for both tests.

Whether you should take the Amnio or not is really up to you. The accuracy is over 90% for both procedures.

Do you have a very experienced gynae who does either of the procedure a lot? I had my Amnio done at KKH (by Dr. John Tee). He is really experienced. It took all of 3 minutes.

CVS (Chorionic Villus Sampling) is taking the blood from your placenta. Unlike the Amnio which is drawing the fluid in your uterus. I believe CVS is more painful because local anaesthesia is applied in CVS, whether it is not in Amnio. Also, CVS is newer procedure compared to Amnio (it is not new but newer compared to Amnio)

So if you opt for CVS, make sure the gynae is really skilled.

I don't think there are test results that can come back in 2-3 days. It would be better to go with the conventional test.

I know how you are feeling now because that was exactly how I felt when I was told I have high risk of delivering a down-baby. However, the vast majority of women give birth to normal babies, even women who are much older (I will be 38 when I deliver my first baby).

So don't worry too much about it. I am quite sure the baby is normal.

Take care!

Hi Bean & Charlotte,

Thk u for your advises n encouragement.

May i know if there are any food or things to avoid after e test?

How many days of rest are required?

Is it true that there would be spotting n amnio fluid leakage after e test?

Is it true that it is better to do it in e morning?

Thk u

Hi Evelynn,

I did mine in the morning and I was told to eat a normal breakfast. After the amnio, you may feel a bit of pressure in your tummy area. Make sure you rest in bed for the rest of the day, if possible. Normally the gynae should give you 2 days of MC. Avoid housework for the next few days and it is probably best not to exercise for the week, unless you feel really ok.

There should not be any spotting or amnio fluid leakage after the test. If you experience that, you have to see the gynae immediately.

Hope this helps.

Hi Evelynn,

I also did mine in the morning. I took 5 days off work just to be very safe. I had bed rest the first two days. I also avoided carrying anything heavy.

Just to share with you that my bb girl was born last tues and she is well. So pls take good care of yourself both physically and emotionally. I know it's normal to worry a little but just bear in mind that there are really a lot of false positive results for OSCAR. I've read so much about amnio and oscar to know that most of the time, bb is just fine.

Do update us after your test and the results! Take care!

Hi Charlotte n Bean,

Thks for your advises. Bean, congrat to your new born bb girl n she must be a cute little one.

My appt is in e afternoon @ 12.30 n my schedule has been bring forward fm 25th Jan to 21st Jan cos both my gynae n dr doing e amnio test are on leave on 25th.

The nurse said morning appt all full hence, earliest appt available is at noon.

Hope my bb is sleepy during e test so don't move that much.

May i know if u all watch e procedure of e test? Is it advisable to watch or not to watch?

When e dr insert e needle, did u all move? I m so worried i'll move.

How you all control your emotion during e test? i tried imagine myself in e test n my heart start beating very fast, can't imagine during e actual test.

Hi Eve,

The process is very fast. I have a very low threshold for pain and am a super emotional type of girl. I wouldn't lie to say that it is totally not painful. You will feel some pain similar to injection or drawing blood pain, and when the fluid is drawn, you will feel a very weird feeling. The poking and drawing was about 3 mins in total. I said a prayer during those 3 minutes to distract myself and the procedure was over before i could finish my prayer. Just remember not to move and stay absolutely still.

I suppose then, I was more concerned of the after procedure risk of miscarriage and of course the results more than the actual procedure itself which I had read to be so swift it's over in no time. I don't think it matters whether the procedure is in the morn or afternoon since your doc will monitor bb's movement to judge suitability of the procedure. All the best to you on 21st! Will keep u in prayers!

Evelynn: I'm going thru the same fate as you. Went for my FTS yest and the result came bk to 1:180 though bb's neck thickness and nasal bone was seen. Will be in my 17+ week when i do the test on 07/02. And the wait is killing me! So i can imagine the anxiety u're going thru. Many ppl ask me to seek 2nd opinion but i guess i'll have doubts with the result even if it turns out ok with the 2nd opinion.

I shld think we shldnt see the process coz u might jerk if u see the doc poke the needle in. So, i guess i wld just close my eyes and TRY TO relax. Easy said then done, i know, but for the seek of the bb...Bless u and hope all's well! Btw, are u seeing doc in KKH?

Hi Bean,

May i know where u did e test n who is e dr who did e test for u? My friends told me can see one but advise me better not to.

Hi Cactusnah,
I m seeing e dr fm TMC. My gynae is Dr WK Tan n e dr who is doing e test for me is Dr TC Chang.

U really sounds so much stronger than i m. I delieve n i know our bb can feel how badly we wanted him/her n for this reason thery will have to stay really strong, for we needed their support so badly.

My emotion was like roller coaster, but i m really lucky n blessed to have e support of my religion "SOKA" members, i do really feel so much better after talking to them. They tell me that my bb is to come to this world w/ a mission n that is to share the benefit for this religion w/ more ppl in e future.

Although i don't know what is your religion, but if at times u really feel down n jus need someone who can talk to jus let me know.

I believe your bb same like mine also have a mission, n for this reason they will also have to be strong, healthy n smart in order to fulfill e mission that is entrusted to them.

At times like this, i guess it will be a religion that we trust n truly have faith on that can make us stronger n more confident.

Hi Eve,

I did my test at Tmc and my gynae was Joycelin Wong. She is very experienced and told me that out of the thick stack of all her past amnio cases, only 2-3 cases are positive results. Taking that odds, you do have a pretty good chance that everything is fine with your baby, right?

Frankly the process is so fast you won't get to see anything for long even if you could.
happy.gif

Hi Bean,

Thks so much for your encouragement. U mean your gynae is e one who did e amnio test for u?

My gynae refer me to e other doc to do e test for me.

Yep, my gynae did the procedure herself. Your gynae probably referred you to another doc that does a lot of amnio? If so, then it's even better cuz that would mean that he would have done a lot more cases and would be very experienced.

Hi Evelyn

I also wen thru amino test during the 20th week of my pregnancy. My triple test results came out bad at 1:95. I was in agony for about 4weeks till i received the results, which turn out to be fine.

Amnio test is 99% accurate...
Triple test is conducted 16weeks and Oscar earlier.
I think Chorionic Villus Sampling the risk is the same of Amnio. Accuracy of results about the same as Amnio too.
Yes, u can opt for express result (pls do so, as that time i didnt and regretted). in the end gotta to wait for 2 weeks. i think u can obtain the results within 24hours

Evelyn, dun worry.. there are alot of false alarms for the tests mentioned here.. It just an indicator to advise if need to go for amnio anot. Your baby will be fine. I have given birth to a healthy 3 months old boy. U will also have a healthy baby.

Only mummies who wen thru this ordeal will understand. U have my support and take care. Let me if wan to chat more.

Hi Eve,

The wait will be over soon! Did you opt for express results? Do update us of how the procedure went. And remember to take it really easy the next few days!

Hi Mummies,

Thk for e care n concern. I have done e test n everything is well so far
happy.gif

I finally overcome e fear of e test
happy.gif
And i would like to share w/ u all my experience that day.

I was told to register at e counter where e nurse passed me a concern form to fill in. As my friend knew that i m a very emotional person, she advised that i should get my hubby to jus read n sign on behalf for me if possible. When i got e form i jus simply filled in e details required n signed it w/o even looking at e content. Honestly, i don't even know what i m signing for but i was telling myself that since i m going to take e test n its a must to sign e concern form, then its not necessary to know what is stated there since i can't change any of e clause anyway.

My soka members asked me to chant that i will meet good doc n nurses during e day of e test n everything goes smoothly. And my prayer was being answered.

Although i was trying my best to stay calm n positive before e test, my heart was actually beating so fast that it almost jumped out. Then a nurse called my name n she asked me to enter to a rm where she will explain the procedure to us. During e briefing, she explained that hubby cannot be in to reduce e risk of infection. Although i barely know her but i really felt so safe n assured after hearing her said "Don't worry, i will be in e rm w/ u throughout e whole test."

After e briefing, she walked me to e rm where e test would be taken. I was in e rm getting prepared n waiting for e doc. Every minutes in that rm would be like years if not bcos of e nurse.

She kept talking to me n assuring me that e doc is a very experienced n nice doc. She told me she is a Christian n worrying is a form of sin hence she asked me not to worry n stay positive. She even told me she will hold my legs during e test, which she has done that for all e rest of e mummies who took e tests as she felt that by holding their legs they can feel more secure. And i really appreciate that cos it really does make me feel so much better at that pt when i was feeling so helpless.

I watched e monitor screen n chanted in my heart that my bb stay calm n still n don't move around during e test. The test fm poking in e needle to drawing e fluid to removing e needle really only take less than a min. But watching e needle being so near to e bb i was thinking in my heart "why was it so long, when r u going to remove that needle?" Now that i recalled, i don't even know if i was breathing at that moment.

After e test, e nurse asked me to turn sideway before sitting up so that there will be lesser pressure. I was asked to sit outside to rest for half an hr before going home.

I think its due to that i only took a chicken pie before e test n being too worried, i started shivering n trembling e moment i sat down outside. My sis asked one of e nurse at e counter and she merely passed me a blanket to cover myself. I was still shivering n i saw e nurse who was with me during e test. I asked my sis to approach her n she run to me n ask me if i m ok. She said i m suppose to take proper meal before e test n not jus a chicken pie. She then arranged a rm for me to lie down to rest n prepare for me cup of Milo n also brought me another additional blanket to cover myself. I felt so blessed to met this very kind nurse n i know its my prayer being answered.

I didn't opt for e express test result cos my gynae n one of e soka member, who was a nurse at KKH for 20 over yrs told me its not necessary cos after e express result, i will still need to wait for another 2 - 3 wks for e full result. My gynae said " Why waste that kind of money?" n e soka member told me " U might as well donate these extra money that u r going to spent for e express result, to those who need it more."

I then asked myself it i will still be e same "worried" for e rest of e 2-3 wks after i got e express result, n e answer is "Yes". Hence, i decided to wait for e 2-3 wks for e final result n donate e money meant for e express result instead
happy.gif

And i think i made e right decision cos at least for e past few days i can concentrate on recovering fm e test instead of worrying about e result of e test.

Hope e result turns out well n really hope to get good news fm e clinic. Think e result will be out around Chinese New Year.

Hi Eve,

Wow. What a vivid account of your experience. The nurse you encountered was really nice. Glad to know that everything went well. Do rest well and remember not to overtire yourself this week. Keep us posted of the good news. Btw, with the test, you will also know the gender of your baby and it is 100% accurate.
happy.gif

Hi Bean,

Ya i m really blessed to have met this nurse. She is really nice n guess she can feel e fear in all e mummies who is doing this test. Hence, to her she might felt that she is doing a little more to help mummies feel assured n at ease but this "little" more meant so much to us at that point of time.

Although i still need to wait for e result for another 2-3 wks n i do worry about e result, but at least i feel so much better now that e test is over n my bb is fine.

I m back to work today n i'll take note to continue to rest well. Thk u
happy.gif
Haha, e nurse told me i must stay at home for e 1st 2 days n can go out fm e 3rd day onward except that don't carry heavy stuffs like new year goodie
happy.gif

I'll keep u all posted on e result n e gender of e bb. Really hope the result turns out well.

Hi Mummies,

My gynae called me to inform me that e result of e amnio test shows that my bb is fine n is a bb girl
happy.gif

Thk u so much for e support, advise n encoruagment all these while.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year
happy.gif

Hi Bean,

Happy New Year to u n your family.

Thks u so much, I really felt so relieved. Its like i can finally put down e heavy burden on my shoulder.

My gynae was so nice cos she called me at around 3pm plus on chinese new year eve to break me this wonderful news, so that me n my hubby can really enjoy n celebrate e CNY
happy.gif

Hi Evelynn and the rest of the mummies who had gone thru or are going thru the amnio test like us. I had my amnio done on 07 Feb and finally received the result aft much waiting. The result turns out normal and i'm expecting a bb girl. Am grateful for the support here esp Evelynn for her encouragement through her email message. Thank you and hope everyone can have healthy bb.

Hi Mummies, hoping to get a listening ear coz i juz did my OSCAR on Saturday and received results today that the scan was fine but the blood test was a flop =( I was categorized as high risk 1:279. Immediately rushed down from office to clinic. My gynae suggested CVS / Amino. Am feeling so traumatized now...cant concentrate on anything..cant stop crying and worrying =( Worse thing, tension rose between hubby and myself. We decided to go for CVS this Thursday...praying with all my might things will be fine...and all will turn out to be what u all said, a false alram..

Hi Sum,

So sorry to hear about it. You must be very worried. Many mummies including those who did not post, have gone thru amnio or cvs before and had good results. I've searched many other websites before and read that most cases are false alarm! So stay positive. There's really an excellent chance that your bb is fine and healthy! Take care and keep us posted of your results.

hi sum...i juz did my cvs test ytd...my oscar result was 1:11...blood test was alrite but nt the scan...gynae told mi based on the results fr my oscar test, bb has veri short limbs n thick neck...so highly unlikely that bb will be fine...if result for cvs turn out to be fine...the more we have to worry as to why bb has such short limbs...maybe other complication or a dwarf bb...so more test needed if cvs turn out to be fine....after the scan...he told mi the shape of the bb brain look like strawberry shape which might be possibly be trisomy 13 or 18 instead of trisomy 21 which is down syndrome..bb who is diagnoised wif trisomy 13 or 18 can hardly survive thru their first yr....after gng thru so many tests...it juz added up our disappointment....i will be expecting the cvs result tis sat or next mon...but from the gynae's look and the way he say....he is reali not optimistic abt the result...haiz....

Hi Sum,

I went thru whay u r going thru right now, hence i can understand your feeling. It's like e end of e world n tears jus kept rolling down fm e eyes. I know its hard but u got to stay strong for your bb cos like Bean said alots of these blood test are all false alarm.

Mine e other time was only 1:227 n e result turns out well too. Hence, i strongly believe that yours would turn out well too
happy.gif

Do pm me if u need someone to talk to
happy.gif

Hi ashtonbaby,

So sorry to hear that but pls stay strong. I don't know what is your religion but don't lose faith cos miracle does happen.

Hi Sum,
I also feel the same as Eve, that you bb will be fine. Do stay positive and update us when you get the good news.

Hi ashtonbaby,

I feel sad after reading your post but at the same time hope that as opposed to all these medical tests, your baby is actually alright. Really not easy for u to go thru this.

Dear Bean & Evelynn,

Thank u all for ur well-wishing & concern..got my results last Sat and thank god it was alrite =) the prayers and ur wishes came tru, thank u! Still feelin jittery about the whole process..haiz no wonder ppl say its not easy having a kid! Going back for review with gynae tml..hope it will be juz as gd!

Dear ashtonbaby,

I'm so sorry to hear about ur precious..but I've learnt that until the final results are out, nothing's final yet. Hang in there ok..keep the faith going that u & ur bb will be alrite.

Any moms here who went for amnio test are also coughing and having runny nose? Im due for amnio this wed but i have been having cough and runny nose 2nd time since last wed.

My oscar results was 1:165, my blood test was very bad at 1:35. Then i was also sick. On top of that i have a 7cm fibroid so I am not sure if it is ok to do amnio test this wed. My concern is that I wd cough, usually in the morning and some during day and night and whether it wd affect after amnio test.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Simp,

My gynae advised me to postpone my amnio when I came down with stomach flu and was vomitting very badly (I strain my stomach each time i vomit, but in any case I was too weak to go for any procedures). After I was well, I came down with flu and sneezed incessantly. Gynae advised that I delay the procedure for another week as sneezing also will strain the stomach area. I think its best for you to talk to your gynae given your cough and fybroid condition.

All the best to you on the procedure and results!

Hi all,
Just went thru my amino test 3 weeks ago, that time i was also having quite a bad cough, but still went thru the procedure. if possible, get some cough and flu medication from your gynae. maybe can ease them.

True, is not easy having a kid. My pregnancy was like a roller-coaster. seems like each mth, there bounds to have some upsetting news for us.
During my 8 wks pregnancy, gynae found that my aminotic fluid seems to be low... haiz...
Ard 12 weeks, nearly had a threatened m/c which has to be admitted for 4days..
coming to 16 weeks, doing the detailed scan, found out that bb nasal bone is shorter than average, bb's stomach got white spots ( echnogenic bowel II), brain got water gap and bb dun seems to be growing well... sigh.. all these came to our ears, it seems like the own world is collasping above us. We couldnt stop worrying hence this is my 1st pregnancy.
Gynae urged me to go for the amnio test. after doing the test, that 3 weeks of wait seems long and miseable.
so went to get my result last satur, we were relieved to hear that it's a false alarm. everything's fine and it's a bb boy..
happy.gif

Pray hard, have faith. Miracles will appear. Jiayou.. May all the mummies have a smooth-sailing pregnancy and delivery.. shun shun all the way..
happy.gif

Hi Bean and Eleanor
Thanks for sharing your story. I am encourgaed to have hope. I just called my gynae to ask for advice. He told me to start my antibiotic today instead of tmw to prepare body for wed amnio test.

This is my 2nd pregnancy but more challenging. Like u, i seem to receive unexpected news for each checkup. I am already sick twice and have since taken antibiotics, flu and cough mix.Thew first sickness was on the same day of oscar test. The 2nd runny nose cough started last wed and i try to reduce medication so just made sure i drink more water.

I was also informed that my placenta seems to show that it is touching the cervix which means very low. Prob may have a preterm bb. Not sure if my excessive coughing then worsen it.

I am starting to get nervous for wed test as i start to worry for my very low count of blood test. This pregnancy is diff from my 1st one. I am keeping fingers crossed. Hope everything is ok. Until then, everyday will be in suspense.

Dear all. My Oscar test result is 1:66. I cried a lot after knowing the result. We thought about going for second opinion. But later on we decided to go for the amino test since it will be more accurate. My amino result shows my bb is ok! Finally ... Just want to share with those who are having high risk Oscar result n who r going for the amino test , relax and think positively . Oscar result is not 100% correct n the amino test is not painful at all. Cheers!!

Hi mothers/fathers who are reading this thread for reassurance...

Just like to share that my OSCAR was 1:267 and I was very worried too. My NT scan was not good (2.8) + blood test hcg was too high. Opted for amnio but the first time there wasn't enough fluid, so I waited a week (drinking a lot of water - not even knowing if it'd help, but just desperate) and managed to do the amnio. Results were completely fine!

Remember that OSCAR is only screening test, so don't worry ok! If you opt for amnio, it's also not as scary as it sounds - it's about the same feeling as drawing blood, except that when drawing blood you can feel the pull on your veins and there is no sensation for amnio.

Hi mummies,

I m vv depress since the day doc called me to see me!!
I hv a v bad Oscar result, 1:106, the blood test result even worse 1:24. I cried my lung out in clinic!! I feel helpless and
Really don't know why this thing happen to me! The world is falling on me!!!
This is my 2nd child after 8 yrs. I m 35 this year! Doc said the scan was ok but the blood test + my age make the total worse!! Doc refuse to advise whether shd go for amino test or shd not!! He wants us to decide!!!!I m damn worry I will lost my child giving the risk involve in taking amnio testdoc said if wants to take the test maybe after new year enjoy the CNY first!! This make me vv chuak!! Is like something scary waiting for me!!! How?? My husband is vv firm, he wants me to take the test no matter how!! But as a mother I m really sad n helpless when need to do this kind of decision!! I m vv scare of the pain n the hurt will b to my unborn!! Can anyone gv me yr advice?

Hi Karen,
Like you, I was very upset when I got my OSCAR results. I carried twins and one of my twin had a result of 1:145 (I was 36 yrs old and a good reading was suppose to be > 1:300.

Is abortion an option for you? For us, it wasn't an option and we knew that no matter what, we will keep our babies. Thus, I didn't go ahead with amnio because of its associated risks.

You must remember that the OSCAR test only gives you a probability! I.e 1 out of 106 babies will be born with down syndrome. Perhaps, your baby is the 1 of the 105 who is fine? The OSCAR is definitely non-conclusive and for me, it only gave me unnecessary anxiety.

My babies were born in end November and both of them are growing well and healthy.

Hope this helps.

HI Karen,

I can fully understand what you are gg thro now, as I was also told that I need to go for Amnio after the CNY.. (I wonder how are we supposed to celeb CNY in this state?) But from what I read from the forum, think many mummies went thro and were tested negative... so hopefully this will help to alleviate the anxiety abit... as for the pain, many said it's like injection.. so i think hopefully everything will turn out fine...
I personally feel tat it's better to do the Amnio, so tat at least u won't be so worried for the rest of the pregnancy...

hi Karen,

I too cried after I received the call from the clinic in the morning and worse, I'm in my office at tat time. I took urgent leave and luckily got an appt to see my gynae on the same day afternoon. mine was also due to the blood test result. heard abt the risk of miscarriage if do Amnio test but we think of the brighter side.. wif the Amnio test, it'll better tell us if our baby is alright, so we did the Amnio test.

luckily the test turn out to be alright and both of us are relief.. right now my baby is 23 weeks (my 1st child) and all is still doing fine.. I agree wif Shyen to do the test so tat you wont be worried for the rest of the pregnancy.. but still the decision is yours..
happy.gif

Hi Shyen,

yes the pain is just like an injection, they will apply some lotion around your belly button, cover your tummy wif a cloth leaving a hole at the belly button.. they will scan to see where is the best position to inject.. I closed my eyes the moment the cloth was covered, can feel some liquid being withdraw out, and it's in less than 1-2 mins they're done.. was asked to hold onto the wound (jus like how we do when we have our blood test) for about 45mins and rest outside the room before we can head home to rest..

was advised not to go shopping, carry heavy stuff and try to be in bed for the next few days.. I was given 5 days MC as I was having cough, flu, sore throat at the same time.. I can already move around the 2nd day but just dun over exert urself..

hope everything turn out well and smooth for both of you Karen and Shyen.. most impt is to keep urself happy so that ur baby will be a cheerful one..
happy.gif

Hi Miracle25,

thks for your kind words... U mean to say, it will be painful such that it's not easy to move ard after the amnio?? Cos u mentioned you can already move ard the 2nd day?
Actually this is my 2nd child... my first one when i tested was 1:21000+... now drop drastically to 1:300+... so i think age is really an impt factor in determining the ratio.
Rest well with ur 1st pregnancy, cos I think it's not easy juggling the 2nd, while looking after another active one
happy.gif

shyen,
not painful at all. if you dont kept ur mind thinking its painful than you would feel the pain. good luck for your test.

btw, i jus got my amnio results 2 days ago. another false oscar test alarm too. i took oscar for my #1, oso failed. then took amnio, bb normal. my #2 i chosen triple test instead cos i dont like it since i got bad experince with my #1. then this #3 gynae advise oscar cos of my age. i took and failed again. then took amnio again. same bb is normal.

Hi Bean, Sami, Shyen, Miracle,

Thank you so much for your reply! I have make up my decision to do amnio test, it will be on 27 jan, Friday, immediately after CNY! I try to be strong in front my hubby n daughter but I m bleeding in my heart! When I thk of the test, the pain, and the hurt will b to my baby, my tears are falling down.....My threshold level for pain is vv low

I m a worrier, I will keep thinking of wat will happen after the test? The waiting time is killing, I cannot imagine when doc call me to broadcast the result, what will happen? Oh no....

I asked the nurse of my gynae skill, she told me this doc is ok but never said very good. I would interpret as doc skill is just so so, how? My gynae fm Thomson medical, he will do the amnio test for me.

I have never in such fears before, I can feel my heart iis tearing apart....I didn't tell my parents n sibling of my problem as i dun want to upset them, let them worry for me especially CNY is round the corner! I will sure crying non stop if I broadcast this bad news to them!

My gynae refuse to advise whether shd or shd not
Take the test, he said we shd decide ourselves though i keep asking him base on his experience!! This make me even lost!

Karen

hi Shyen,

before I went for the test, I heard from frens tat we have to rest and not move around aft the test.. tats wat I was told too by the nurse and my gynae aft the test..

actually its not very painful, like how we did the blood test.. jus a pinch of the needle and not awhile later, they're done.. I was asked to verify my particulars on the test tube of my Amnio fluid and I saw the fluid is abit yellowish..

I waited for abt 4 weeks for the result cos tat time my hubby was outstation in India and my mum was the one who went wif me for the test.. I purposely made appt later to view the report to be in time for my hubby to come back.. however, less than 2 weeks later, I received a call from the clinic and informed me a good news saying the test is okay and I'm having a baby boy..
happy.gif

Hi miracle and RedTea,

thanks for your well wishes... I just hope I don't get too optimistic over the feedback given here... But i think i'll opt for the express results.. cos I can't wait for 2 weeks...

Hi Karen,

Do share with us your test results... mine will be 1 week after urs. Good luck!

Back