Advise for Post Natal Massage

mrs_mohammad

A good period to start post natal massage is after delivered seven days.
For ceasarian, you have to wait at least one month later.

i got this indo lady from mums here too and she's really good
happy.gif

Susi hp# 90072875, she does other sort of massages as well (e.g. aromatherapy body / facial massages, slimming, baby, afterbirth(traditional) post-natal massage, pre-natal massages, seaweed scrub, almond milk scrub).
her package is indeed 1 of the best deal (10x + 2 hot mask = $500)
her skill... 'ouch' on 1st day.. b'cos i have alot of water retention + cellulites, so rather painful .
the massage is appox 1.5hrs. Susi uses lemongrass oil all over the body (head-to-toe) and the final massage on tummy will be with the jamu (2massages on tummy - 1st time with the lemongrass oil and final one is the jamu) then, tie-up with 2-7m long binders from bustline (just below your bra) till the hips. still able to walk, sit, go the loo...
she's really skilled and very committed to her customers. she'll even help to massage your breast for better milkflow.

i did her post-natal and now monthly got her to do a relax session at my home and really shiok
happy.gif

Hi Jasmum,
May I check how you find her skills? did you manage to get back yur pre-preggie weight after the 10 session? Thanks .. as I am interested to get one to do for me too
happy.gif

would welcome any feedback

hi Gan,
i still have 4kg to lose
happy.gif

she's really good... i'm a pear shape figure (heavy bottom), have lot's of cellulites and she really massage and press them out now my flabby tighs are not so lumpy liao...
tummy still got the extra skin but at least got waist already
happy.gif

Hi jasmum,

You mean 10 sessions for $500 only? Its quite resonable. She did lots of things during this 1.5 hrs.

Do you have to pay for the binders? Some do charge for the towels.

Im interested in getting one. But heard from frens that there is not a need if you are slim b4 pregnancy. What do all mummies out there think abt this?

to me... it's not so much of the slimming.
post natal is meant to expell the 'wind & water retention' in our body.
also after 9mths of the extra weight, our body system has alot to adjust that's why we need confinement period, eat well, rest well and relax well.
frankly eating & relaxing very easy to achieve but to 'expell wind & water reention', the massage can help ALOT.

Susi's rate $500 x 10 session (+ 2 hot mask) is really very honestly the cheapest !! and everything is included. you only need to provide a mattress (any cheap ones will do) as you'll be lying on it and bath towel. b'cos she needs it to keep you covered after massaging each limbs (so you won't catch a chill also).
binders, oli & jamu (for massage) she provides. if you want to consume those jamu drink/tonic then it's additional charges (not sure how much as i didn't have any).

if you are slim b4 preg./ or have slim genes, then you are very blessed... but here again it all depends if you take care and eat well.

Susi also helps alot for b'feeding mum to increase milk production, after massage, milk supply will really increase.
and also massage baby... to help baby relax and also expell 'wind' so won't be colic.

hope this info helps.
p/s: i have spent some time searching and asking a few mums... and so afraid of being 'con' (sadly there are a few 'cons' out there lor...) she is really trustworthy. i paid her in full on the 1st day and she'll issued a receipt and have a card where she'll get you to sign for every session done. very professional lor...

Hi jasmum,
thanks for yur feedback.. can feel u re very happy wih her services. Btw, did she apply any herbs on yur forehead during massage too?

Usually do i need to book susie in advance?
happy.gif

Hi jasmum,

You sound very satisfied with her services. She do massage baby. How much does she charge for massaging baby. You mention that she also helps for breastfeeding mums to increase milk supply. Does she massage the breast? And also, its impt that we eat well. This will increase our milk supply too.

Are you still having sessions with her now? I bet you can feel n see the differences.

Gan,

I think you will need to book her in advance.

Jasmum, ive book her for nov and gg to try out her pre natal massage. btw, have u try out her slimming package? Wanna know more abt this so that i won't kena con leh.

happy.gif
her service is good lor... (and good things must share)
she didn't apply anything on the forehead... she only used the lemongrass oil from toe to head. which you can feel the effect, very relax after that... and break wind very often <blush>
call her or sms to her your EDD and she will need your home address too. (no transport charges some more, she travels whole s'pore, unlike some massage lady charge extra for transport &amp; binders, etc...)

yes, she will massage your breast and removed block ducts as such increase the milk production. (no extra charge, it's part of your body massage, but some mums are sensitive or not b'feeding so don't want)

she will foc teach you how to massage baby or if you want her to do for baby, you can check her price. it's baby oil for baby massage hor... :p

i yet to try her slimming massage... after the post natal, i just ask her to do relax one... and she did can really 'zzzz' lol. maybe next one i will try and feedback here
happy.gif

payment in full on the 1st session, she'll issued a receipt and have a card for you to sign after each session. (if need to pay installment, pls check with her)
the massage is not daily... her advise to break a day or 2 in between, also that way in case you have doc's appt. to go back to, you can plan with her... but Sunday is her 'off day'. the inbetween break session is good so that the blood circulation can flow thru' and improve after ever session's break. she will plan with you ahead the day &amp; time after each session. and in case of any changes, she'll let you know too. she is a mother of 2 kids, so she knows, at times we all have to be understanding and flexible.

Hi jasmum,
I've called Susie today to ask more abt the massage. However she told me the massage is a continuous 10 days with no break in between (like 2 day in between). So me a bit confused now after reading yur post.

Hi Babyjo,
how much is her pre-natal massage? and what does it include?

Hi Gan, she told me $50. But din tell me much as she din reply my sms. Btw, she need us to pay upfront $500 at first session, so dunno is it abit risky leh.

I had called Susie. Her charges is the same as what jasmum had said. I gave her my edd date. She say she can slot me into her schedule.

But i will confirm wif her again when the day draws near.

ladies,
her name is Susi hp# 9007 2875, just so we got the right person (spelling of her name above is error).
hmm... continuous 10 days... is within the confinement period. anyway, don't worry she'll let you know accordingly... maybe i (my body) needed the break in-between. lol

BabyJo, it's not at all risky. look at it this way, her name &amp; contact is here, why would she want to "cheat". frankly, a few mums here also know her... anyway she'll issue a receipt. you can also pay by cheque if you feel it's safer as you got proof. frankly, it's only $500... if she "cheats", she's loosing even more $$ as look, it's baby-boom year, so much to earn from the coming mums... lol :p she won't risk it lor...
she is going to see you almost totally 'naked' for the next 10 days or so... don't you think you should trust her...
just my humble opinion hor...

Jasmum,

Are u still have massage session wif Susi now? So i can say that after your 10 sessions wif her, you still continue sessions with her rite?
So how does she charge after the 10 sessions?

yes finished post natal($500) 10days and so far did 1 relax massage($50) with her.
i hope to try and have a monthly session with her, afterall if go to saloon/spa it'll cost alot more + transport + hard sell product, etc...
do massage at home can relax and rest
happy.gif

i don't think the relax one is for slimming as the pressure points are more on the joints... but as she will still have to rub the whole body i think the technique will help detox body, as there are pressure moving upwards.

slimming is slimming, i guess... yet to try but when i do (or whoever try) please feedback
happy.gif

Hi all,
I was thrilled to find out that one of my colleagues actually engage Susi's massage services too! And she said Susi's service is good. I've already sms Susi and she told me to contact her again after I deliver. Yeah!

jasmum,

i did 1 time w Susi , wow damn pain and she say i hv lot of wind and water retention. Till after the massage still pain. Do yours gradually less pain?

sunsweet, not too sure about 'javanese massage';
but this indo lady Susi did post natal (x10) for me and 1 relax massage when i finished my post natal.

sunkids, !YES! the 1st 2 days so painful i really had tears in my eye but thereafter it works, really broke down the lumps and less pain by 4th day...
lol.gif

jasmum,

good to hear that. i find the most painful is at the tummy , feel like tearing apart.

At which session do your tummy actually reduce and able to see result?

the most painful for me were the back of my tights.
tummy was alright for me... didn't feel anything discomfort, i think about 5/6th session can see waist line
happy.gif
but of course must watch in-take of carbo lah... especially dinner time, i'll skip rice but drink soup &amp; eat dishes.

Hi Jasmum, my friend is still single... not a mum. She engages her for the relaxing massage.
I'm quite excited about the massage cos I've never had a proper one before. Now when my hubby try to massage my legs, I'll make a lot of noise... cos it's painful!

jasmum,

the thigh also extremely painful on the 1st day, 2nd day much better liao. my tummy is still painful on 2nd day. i hope after all tis , it will not bound back lor.... cannot be not eating carbo for dinner for the rest of my life right . hee....

but my weight still the same leh, do u hv some weight reduce as well?

sunkids,
weight... i didn't weigh myself till the session is over... don't have a weighing scale at home. i only managed to weigh myself when i return to see my doc (after 1mth) and that's when i knew i lost the 10kg of my 14kg preg/weight. so have 4kg more to go... hmmm maybe i should get on the scale again, as i can feel i lost a bit more already... i've been wearing my pre-preg clothes
happy.gif
ever since.
must have discipline on food intake, cannot don't control. i feel that after birth stomach still abit expanded... so must slowly reduce food intake then can help reduce tummy too.

Jasmum and Sunkids, are you breastfeeding? Need to have enough energy to take care of the kiddo hor?... and breastfeeding does help to burnt off fats.

Jasmum, I can't finish a full meal cos I think my stomach is squash... so maybe after delivery my meal intake will still be small? Heh...

zenn,

i still having massage w her. she is good and she has lots of strength. so far after 2nd time i lose abt 2 inches off my tummy and hips
happy.gif

she tld me i had lots of water retention and wind on tummy.

Thanks twinkle! I tried calling her yest but no one pick up. Will try again later. Btw, does she helps to massage baby too?

HI Gals

Needed advices... if your EDD is in Jan, when is a good time to 'book' Susi.

I sms her a week ago n she told me to sms her my EDD and address in Nov so does dat me she ve 'book' a slot for me in Jan?

me dun want to confuse her by contacting or sms her too often before my EDD in Jan :p

Zenn,
try again, maybe evening time at 8+pm... or Sunday, its her 'off day' so she's not doing massage and able to answer call..
when she is massaging, she tries not to take any calls, so maybe that's why you are unable to get her... it's Susi hp: 9007 2875

Jen,
in Nov, just sms to her (again) your EDD &amp; home add or where you're staying during c'firment period.
then after birth, when you are discharge and arrived home, you can call her or sms again to inform her that you're ready to start. she will then give you a time. could be the next day or the following day.
she cannot c'firm a booking slot with you yet, b'cos you haven't given birth, also just in case *touchwood* there are unforeseen reasons... like baby got high jaundice can't discharge, etc...
so you also need to know when you can actually start the massages.
she does keep track on who sms to her... but as EDD is not a final date, it's better, after discharge to call her and from then on she's able to plan with you.
take care
happy.gif

Each session should be 1 1/2 hours long right? My friend told me she even give trials which is 1 hour for $50. Package of 10 sessions of 1 1/2 hours each would be $500 (in total).
Wonder how the slimming massages are like leh...

Zenn, why don't you just sms her? That's what I did. Just told her my name, EDD and gave her my address. Very easy...

thanks june! i tried calling her 3x today. she didnt ans n nv return call. will try sms. mine EDD in jan, do i ve to book now?

Hi zenn

I contacted Susi abt 2 weeks back to schedule an appt in early Oct. Am due later this month. Like you said, it's hard to get hold of her. I only managed to get thru to her on a sat nite at ard 9pm :p Even tho I contacted her relatively late (only 1 mth in advance), she cld still slot me in. She only told me that Sep is almost full. But I guess it's always prudent to get these things done earlier. Just sms her your EDD, address and name and she'll reply you
happy.gif

Hi alhana,

think I chat wif u on phuket thread? congrats ya! i just sms her, hopefully she replied.

keep us updated of her service.

thanks!

Susi called me back! Was told the massage is around 60-90mins. Gals, for those who been massaged by her, usually its how long?

Also, its not continuous 10days. She don't work on sun and PH.

Hi zenn

Yup, we've chatted on the SB boards before..congrats to you too! Are you expecting a boy or a girl? Kk..will let you know how the massage goes next mth
happy.gif

Back