Advice regarding employment rights for pregnant employee

Bendi

Hi my wife is currently pregnant and has been working for this F&B outlet for past one year on a part time basis of 5 weekdays a week for 6 hours each at $10/hr. If she requires off on those days, she would not be paid.
As she is pregnant, on some days she needs to go for checkup so she is not able to work. And on some days she is not feeling well so she reported sick. Her boss is actually not very pleased with all this as they are under-staffed. For all these days, she was not paid as she did not work, which is understandable.
However recently she was warded for a few days and was then given 2 weeks mc to rest due to her pregnancy. Her boss is not happy about it and hinted that she does not wish my wife to use the 2 weeks mc and wants her back to work instead. Of cos I am not happy and wants my wife to rest.

Now my question is, if my wife go ahead with the 2 week mc, and the boss wants to terminate my wife, are there grounds for unfair termination ? And will my wife still be able to fight for her maternity leave benefit if she is terminated? She is currently 7 months pregnant.
And how early can the maternity leave start?
Thanks.

If SheS n0t a full time Staff.. SheS n0t entitle f0r any maternity leave.. unleSS She iS a full time Staff.. S0 which meanS her MCs are all n0t c0vered..

Pr0lly u might wanna check with the c0mpany itSelf.. c0z t0 my underStanding.. part timerS d0eSnt get thiS priviledge.. c0z my c0mpany d0eSnt have part timerS benefitS e.g maternity leave & etc..

Pr0lly u might wanna check with the c0mpany itSelf.. c0z t0 my underStanding.. part timerS d0eSnt get thiS priviledge.. c0z my c0mpany d0eSnt have part timerS benefitS e.g maternity leave & etc..

MOM states that part timers are entitled to maternity benefit too provided the employee has worked for at least 3 months prior to taking the maternity leave.

Probably your company has not been following the MOM regulations.

C0z my PT c0liq ever rep0rt pertaining t0 thiS..
But their reSp0nd waS each c0mpany haS their 0wn regulati0n..

Back