Advice on Washer: Top or front load? Brand?

chickensoup

Hi mummies,

It has probably been years since we bought our last washer into our homes. Can anyone share their experiences on the preferred washer that is doing u fine til now. I regretted not getting a bigger washing machine and now checking around which model to get so i dont have to send my king size mattress cover for paid laundry as well as serve good purpose in washing the kiddies clothes.

I have used both top load and front load before and felt front load is good (Brand like Electrolux, bosch etc), quiet, cleaner and dun spin the clothes until like kiam chye....

I also bought one Samsung brand front load for my tenant at my mom's house (coz cheap mah)...verdict: noisy lor though I dun know if it is as clean as other brand..to me, other than the price competitiveness, its thumb down...

But I do not know anything about the latest technology that has tilted drum like what ozzie said...

Buy at least 7kg load coz u can chose economy wash one mah for small load...I saw 10kg load one but dunno if small family need to be so KiaSu...hahaha

Thumbs up for front load. Needn't bend in to reach for clothes when pregnant. Mine is Whirlpool and has used it for about 4 years. My ex-colleague has used her Whirlpool for 10 years and still going strong.

i've got space constraint when buying a new washer. went to gain city n check, top load one said 7.5kg but the drum seems similar to my current 5kg one. sales said if i put in king size, washer may not even move cos it'll auto sense the weight. I'll actually left with getting LG frontload 8kg with acceptable small depth to fit my cabinet. that'll cost about $900. probably will wait a little longer for the price to drop

LV
was just walking by Harvey Norman at Millennia Walk... saw some washers there... front load, and top load... and 2 (thomson and Brandt) - top load but with the front load type of drum... quite compact, but not sure if that is what you are looking for...

but for the mummies who are looking for top load convenience (easy loading, no need to bend down)... but front load washing (tumble wash)... it looks like a good combination!

Mine is an Ariston Front Load, it's been with me for 10 yrs and serving me well. Must agreed that clothes do not turn out as crumpled as top load.

which type is better? top or front load?

i remember the sales asst asking me back this very same question:" what type of washer does the laundry shop use?"

that answered my initial question!

i bought my bosch front load washer & indeed it cleans well yet is gentle to clothes. i can even throw in my wire bra & it will turn out fine.

its quiet, water saving & doesn't tangle nor crumble up clothes like the top loaders do.

so thumbs up for front loaders!

besides, u can also stack ur dryer on top if u got not enough space
happy.gif

I use front load.

This article is really good in explaining the benefits of front load and the different types of washing machineas around. http://sg.******************/articles/which_washing_machine_to_buy_singapore

I used to have a top load before. That time young, donno mah. Just buy whatever that MIL was using. SHe using it, must be good la.

When I shift to a new place, there is a cabinet especially for a front loader and a dryer. I wanted a dryer so didn't really have a choose - must buy front load.

Mine is a Electrolux, 8.5kg. I have to say, it's good! Worth every single dollar that I have spent! It saves water, saves time (express wash only 20min vs top loader, at least 45min). I can see how my utility bill (for water) drops from about $30 per month to $15! Yeah!

Even my King size quilt cover and mattress protector can go in. I bet they can fit in together but I dont do that. Cos I believe must give some "air space" to spin, then clean
happy.gif

as i'm gonna move to my new place, i need to buy my own washer and dryer! first time... and i've never done laundry before... (erm actually all household chores...)... so i dunno anything at all!

i dunno what brand's good? But i wanna get the front load type so i can stack. any recommendations on brand and load capacity? Pls PM me as I find it hard to follow thread...

thanks

My fav brand for washing machines and dryers is Ariston. Their prices are reasonable and the machines last long.

My first washer & dryer (separate stack-up units) last me more then 5-yrs. Changed to Toshiba 2-in-1 washer cum dryer and it was lousy! Spoilt just after 2-yrs. Now back to Ariston and love it! Will stick with this brand in future.

Back