Advice on Seng Kang Methodist Children Center

Cherrie, we didn't feedback this to the school. As I've mentioned before, there would be so many to highlight but usually we just suffer in silence.

When the teacher informed me during the 8th week of the 1st term that my child was squatting throughout the lesson, I didn't even raise any alarm as my concern is more on helping my child. Can you imagine telling me only after 8 weeks in school and it really pains me to know that she has been squatting for so long and the school only inform me now? Worst of all, I keep quiet and still have to hear a sarcastic remark from the principal about my child, saying that "8 weeks in school and still like that".

So we will only highlight if really necessary. We finally did and for that, we got to withdraw our children (really wonder their classmates who left suddenly are also suffering the same situation as us).

We did not even argue or insist on anything, but just suggesting if things could be done in another better way.

If you have experience talking to those who have their own principles and refuse to listen to others' opinion type, you will be able to understand whether it is useful to provide any feedback.

StePhz,

My friend's son was there briefly last year nursery. She had a nasty argument with the principal too so withdrew her son immediately and go pcf. Her encounter sounded abit like yours and she told me it is impossible to talk to her, so much for a church school but the Principal doesn't seem to be patient at all, and yes, the principal shouted at her with nasty remarks and accusations infront of her son... I thought my friend over reacted as she is fiercely protective of her son who is very naughty also. So dun ever think church school means the staff there will have any true religious faith and carry themselves properly...

Sorry to be nosy, but why did ur gal squat in the class? How did the sch committee react when u feedback about this principal?

Cherrie, for my girl's squatting, it shouldn't be an issue at all. After I learnt about it, I talked to my girl and she told me that the floor is dirty and so she didn't want to sit. So I taught her to tell teacher or sit on the area that is not dirty. So before the end of Term 1, this problem was solved.

I'm just annoyed that this principal kept on insisting that it was because my girl was learning from me, just because she saw me squat talking to my girl (during the time they told me).

I don't even want to argue with her cos it's useless. I will usually sit on a chair if I need to talk to my child at face level. When they told me about it then, there was none to sit on. I'm surprised that as an educator, she doesn't know that at times, we need to go down to face-level to talk to the kid.

When the principal shouted at me, my girl came running to hug me. (like to protect me). Yet she wasn't even bothered if she had scared my child.

B4 we meet the sch director, we don't expect much out of it, as they had already received so many complaints before and yet history just keeps on repeating, so either they are not doing anything or they can't do anything to her.

Anyway, we won't want to be bothered with this school or church anymore. I just want to let parents be informed of what we and many other parents have gone through in this school and I would be appreciative too if the other parents can share their bad experiences too (for any schools in this forum).

For the principal, she will have to be answerable to God for her actions in the end.

btw the Principal is stepping down this year ( she resigned, according to the Board of Directors)

Wow i didn't know that there are so much unhappiness with the Principal! And I didn't know she was so anti-sweaters. My girl was in Nursery and she loved the school very much. She had an excellent form teacher and she looked fwd to sch everyday.

But i withdrew her coz we were relocating next year.

Hello mummies I am thking to enrol my daughter in skmcc for this year term 3. Anyone can feed back isit a gd school as I can see so many bad comments abt Tis sch....
Anyone who wan to give away skmcc girl uniform???

My son is in Skmcc k1 this year. He had lots of problems adjusting from day 1 in nursery But I don't blame the sch cos I see their efforts in trying to help him plus he's like that for even outside classes. His English, Chinese and assistant teachers were very caring and supportive.
I understand some parents didn't like the previous principal but though she may have her way of doing things, it's really no doubt that the kids love her and she loves children when I witnessed the children greeting her and hugging her last year. I'm neutral towards her so I just state what I saw.
Piggy ger, the principal left already so if u are worried, u can put your mind at ease. The new principal seems nice but as my son takes school bus, I don't see her in action much.

Teachers wise , My Son had very patient and caring ones... Hope that applies to the rest of the kindy too!

My main grouse for the school is the school fees. Next year they will raise the fees and the increment is by $150 per term. I thought the increment is very steep.

And about the sweaters, my son wore one to school last month and no problem. He said his classmates wore too. But he did say that the teacher asked him to take off when in class. Actually wearing a plain white t shirt under the uniform for kids this age is easier than getting them bring a sweater. (at least for my blur little boy)

hi mummies, anyone can share your comments abt this sch since it has changed to a new principal?
you may PM me if u like.
thanks!

Back