Advice on Myanmar Maid

By Singpost Western Union
$900 fee is $10
$2000 fee is $15

They used to offer CasHome at flat rate of $8 but think no more liao..

No need to use western union. My ex helper only paid $8 remittance for any amount, maybe can check with the counter again.

Yes, they don't update their website, even their bank branches list in Myanmar was last updated 2013. Had a hard time using Cashome locating a new bank branch in Myanmar earlier as the Singpost staff are not sure too.

Oh. So now only Western Union is the only option.

Any mummies can advise on calling cards to Myanmar? Which is the cheapest and where to buy? I intend to get one for my helper.

Hi I just took one Indonesia Maid from D'Absolute last week. Just wanted to share my experience. After I signed up with them, I saw this post and panicked and called them up to clarify all the documents signed. They explained everything clearly again. I also called MOM and confirmed that these are the required documents. Anyway there fees are clear and there were no hidden cost. When I collected the girl, they briefed the maid all the requirements we had and the girl even had a translated time table. They also handled the fingerprint appointment.

Having been through one week, we find them ok. They addressed all our concerns, never rushed us to take the girl and they emailed everything clearly upfront. I am quite happy with their services and the girl they gave. My previous agency (don't want to mention names) was totally opposite, more rushing to close me, no interviews, no follow up advise and I felt left alone after they give the girl to me. All the staff there are always too busy and never understood what we wanted.

Anyway everyone will have their say about this agency and that. But so far having gone through so many agencies, I find them one of the better ones. They have an emergency contact number (mobile) for even after office hours. I guess enough said.

Actually I also interviewed some Myanmar maids when shortlisting at dabsolute. They said the Chin, Kachin, Mon and Shan states are generally good. But they also said this is general norm. Ultimately they still preferred the employers to interview the girl to ascertain the suitability and personality matching. They said they have 5 or 6 (can't remember) training centres in Myanmar so I gather they should know their stuff.

Hi, i recently gt a myanmar maid and realised that she'd need a visa for most countries, even malaysia. Anyone brought ur myanmar maid overseas? Can share where n how n how much to apply for a visa to bring her overseas?

Thanks!!

Hi Mummies,
Do u have any Myanmar transfer maid to let go?
- Need a honest, hardworking and thrust worthy with no attitude.
-Language barrier is ok for us.
-We're a small family, only 3 members,jus need to take care my three-year old daughter only after she's coming back from child care and doing general household.
TIA:)

Dear Mummies,
Do u have any Myanmar transfer maid to let go?
- Need a honest, hardworking and thrust worthy with no attitude.
-Language barrier is ok for us.
-We're a small family, only 3 members,jus need to take care my three-year old daughter only after she's coming back from child care and doing general household.
TIA:)

Hi all,

We need to hire a helper to help an elderly.

However, it is our first time hiring a helper and advice given so far suggested a Myanmar helper and thus I've landed in this thread within SMH.

Naturally, the first step is identifying a reliable Myanmar-focused agency.

I would like to conduct a simple survey and will be compiling the results (publicly) for all other who are/will be searching for a reliable Myanmar-focused agency.

For those who have good or bad experiences with Myanmar-focused agenc(ies), please reply this message with these 2 piece of information
(1) Name of Agency
(2) Your rating between -10 to 10 (where -10 is an agency that is the worst possible, while 10 is the best possible)

We need to hire this helper within the next couple of weeks and your responses would help me narrow down to the top 3 agencies to talk to. Thank-you in advance. Namaste.

PS: For the extreme rating of -10, it is where both the agency is from hell, and the helpers that they have are also from hell, and the other extreme rating of 10 is where the agency is very helpful and select/screen it's helper with max care and their helpers are the best that you have experienced. 0 would be neutral and is acceptable. And yes, an Agency can have multiple ratings from one person, this is when the quality of helpers vary.

Last edited:
Dear all,

My maid from Myanmar brought a man home when me and my family was out for dinner. The man escaped the house so fast, only my husband caught the glimpse of the man running out of our house in a flash. My maid denied everything we asked and we were disappointed by her answers. It’s a question of integrity, and the trust that we have built for 3 years have been broken.

We decided to send her back, and not letting her know our intention, until the later stage. The problem now is, her passport is expiring in a month. How do I proceed from here?

Last edited:
I heard from others that as long as you bought her a one-way ticket and she is not coming back (pls cancel her work permit online), the airport immigration will let her pass. but you might want to double confirm by calling MOM.

Back