Advice on cereal brand!

My girl is starting on solids soon. Anyone can advise which brown rice cereal brand is good? I've heard of happy bellies, healthy times, friso cream, nestle brands but not sure which ones are good?

Are u giving bm or fm? Some cereals like friso crem contains fm, some r plain cereals where u hv to add bm/fm on ur own.

Hi Happymrskoh,

I started both with Heinz First Rice Cereal since they were 4 mths old.

When they turned 6 mths, I added Healthy Times Oatmeal Cereal in addition to the rice cereal. The oatmeal cereal is very fragrant.

My kids enjoyed this very much.

I also gave them bottled food by Heinz (yogurt/ cereal/ fruits). It is very convenient if you kids wanna eat these esp when you are out. You have to train your kids from young to eat these tho'.

My kids do not like FrisoCreme. I tried it and find its too sweet.

You can check it out.

Hi, my gal doesn't like cereal, mashed fruits, puree at all so was starting to give her porridge instead...

snowball32,
thanks for your sharing. Will check out happy Times cereal.

Just wondering if the bottled food has preservatives?

Actually, how do we know whether baby is ready to experience food? my girl is currently 4 months old.

Hi happymrskoh,

Bottled food like Heinz, Gerber, HT has no preservatives. Somehow, my kids only like Heinz. I guess Heinz taste better.

I have to start my kids as early as 4 mths with cereal as both of them start to reject milk when they were ard 4 mths old.

When you buy the Heinz Baby Rice Cereal, you can follow the instructions on how to start your baby with feeding....You start off with 1 teaspoon of rice cereal mixed with milk and increase qty gradually over about 1 week. If your baby can sponstaneously let you feed after that, that shows that she is ready for solid food. But, do give your baby diluted fruit juices as cereal can be quite heaty.

hi snowball32,
thanks for your sharing. My girl seems to be drinking less now. Maybe like what you mentioned, she is starting to reject milk. I shall monitor her for this week and see if this continues. If her milk intake continues to drop, maybe it's really time to start feeding her with cereals.Initially, I wanted to wait until she's 6 months old before feeding her with semi-solids but I guess it really depends on herself.
happy.gif

hi mummies

i was wondering whether the Friso Cream is good? i bought the one with Wheat-Based Cereal and started giving my baby at 4months old, mixed with her milk. She loves it. But as time pass by,now at 6months old, she gets diarrhea and i'm afraid it might due to that...but if it is because of that how come earlier at 4 months no diarrhea...could the Friso Cream be the problem?

I also gave her Heinz biscuit mashed with warm water..so it could either one of this...what do you mummies think?

All natural foods are better although they are a bit pricey compared to regular cereals. You can do your own by mashing fruits and vegetables.

Back