Advice on airplane travel for bb

Hi mrs lew mimi,

Yes i understand that i can carry my pram till the bridge and they will put a tag and keep for me. Now my concern is will it be the same if i wish to hand carry my car seat but my girl wont be sitting on it as we didnt buy a seat tix for her.

I dont intend to check in car seat and got damaged when i reach mel.

now i understand ......

didn;t buy seat tix, dun tik airlines allow u to bring the car seat unless flight not full.

they "issue extendsion infant belt" no tix bought.

my gf bought her car seat when travellg to UAE w/o tix then she veri lucky tt flight not full (SQ) to put onto empty seats next to her. Then her coming home trip not lucky coz' flight full and car seat kept away, gave her extension infant belt to replace the car seat.

be safe, do check with Emirates.

Oh so they kept the car seat for her in the pLane? Which I want them to do that.

I think I can only check with the cabin crew upon boarding. Coz the customer service officer for emirates doesn't know anything abt prams & car seats issues.

But what if they dun allow me to bring in the car seat when I reach the bridge? Will they ask me to discard it?

Thanks!

they may send to cargo just like treatg same as strollers/prams collected from the bridge.

surprised tt Emirates CSO doesn;t know anything for these issues ?????

Hihi...

Anyone has experience travelling in Tiger Airways? I'm bringing my 14mth DD to HK this mth end... hopefully it will be ok for her
happy.gif

I find Tiger ok for airtravel. Same thing with other airlines. Tiger allows you to push your pram to boarding point then you carry your child up the aircraft. Fold up your pram and the ground staff will load it to cargo for you.

Thanks Linda! Will be bringing carrier instead as pram will be bulky...

This is our first time bringing our DD overseas too... a challenge for both parents and bb hehee...

Do u know whether I need to call them up to book a bassinet before hand? I tried calling juz now and i was on hold for more than 15 mins and when someone finally answered my call, the line dropped
sad.gif

You can try check-in much earlier and ask for a front seat and a bassinet. U can only get the bassinet if you have the first row seat. On our flight back to SG, we checked in late, and once on the plane, we asked the first row passengers if they are willing to exchange seats with us - explain nicely that we have a baby and needs the bassinet. They very willingly exchanged seats with us.

Bring toys / books to entertain the kids.

Interesting and engaging toys/ books are the best ways to keep the kids entertained on a plane.

A good alternative to stickers and playdoh is WikkiStix- a creative activity toy for children. It's basically strands of wax coated yarn that sticks to any smooth surface with light pressure, and can be bended and twisted easily.

My 2 year old girl had a fun time bending the WikkiStix into letters of the alphabet, spelling words and creating simple shapes and sticking them on pieces of paper and the tray table!

Wikkistix can be bought online from www.wikkistixasia.com

Back