Advice Needed Urgently: 3wks old Baby having lots of Phlegm!

vonnsmile

My 3wks old baby having lots of phlegm & little bit of running nose, had went to the doc a week ago n doc says it's normal for babies to have phlegm, prescribe me a nose drop to clear/wash the nostril n throat but until now my boy still dun seems to recover yet.. Any of u had this situation before? How? N need help badly..

Hihi,
Currently, are you breastfeeding? If yes, u see a doc and ask for cold medicine that is safe for you to take as you are breastfeeding your baby. That is what I did as your baby is too young to take any medicine. So what u take indirectly will pass it to your baby.
thanks.

My 3 wks old baby also coug n phlegm. Pd say let them cough it out. Cannot do anything. I also heartache

Had went to both gp n pd but got back the same advice n
Ans which is 'very common or very normal' and will last for 1-2mths..

If you're on formula milk, you may want to put lesser 'cos could be heatiness as well. Any constipation? If phlegm + cough, likely too heaty. Just from my own experience with bb when newborn.

mine also had tt issue when he was a infant..he had this coughing thingy at 1mth..n it persisted until 2mths which pd say can't do anything also..

end up i get fed up n brought bb to kkh n they use the machine to suck it out..n he was prescribe with medication n nose drops..doc still scold us y bring so late coz can develop to brohitis de..

if gp n pd say can't do anything it's better to bring dwn to kkh A&E for a second / third option as they have better facilites there..

until now, even my boy is like almost 2yrs old..n when he falls sick, after 2 visits to gp still no signs of recovery i will bring to kk liao..usually he will recover within a week after tt..

Yup my DS had a same prob. He's more worse. He started with blocked nose den cough, the phlegm caused him difficulty in breathing til one fine day his lips n center part of face jus went purple! Immediately sent him to kkh n was admitted to icu. Gradually downgraded to general ward.
My advice, newborn baby having much phlegm is serious enough for us to worry n bring to hospital for better treatment.

Back