ADVICE NEEDED - How to Handle my MAID

I guess it's normal for maids to make friends with people they meet along the way as we send them to errands but they should act appropriately and be responsible since we hire them to do the tasks we can no longer do at home. And yes, I prefer that maid wash clothes separate from our clothes.

hihi, cos my family's moving to another country to stay for 2 years soon, I'm looking for another employer for my helper. Anyone looking for a smart fili helper? she cares for my baby in the day at my mum's place and can cook simple chinese food, like soups and stir frys.

Do drop me a note at [email protected] if u r keen, or call at 91548677 for more info. We can only let her go in August tho cos I still need help till we go off..

Some maids I know are good ones. Stayed with the family for years until when they had to go back hometown for good, the owner cried coz the maid already part of the family. Very sweet
happy.gif

Hi,
anyone of your maid having below offence, you can email to MOM.... to that the next employer won't face the same maid same problem again.

Feedback on Foreign Domestic Worker’s Conduct

An Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) is expected to comply with Singapore's rules and regulations. The Government takes a serious view of FDWs who break the law or misbehave themselves.

For Penal Code-related Offences
If a Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) is suspected of committing an offence (e.g. theft, child-abuse/elderly-abuse, threatening/harassing employer/family members, bringing strangers into her employer’s house without her employer’s consent) under the Penal Code, the employer should:
• Make a police report immediately; and
• Email a scanned copy of the police report to [email protected]. Please attention the email to Controller of Work Passes.

For Violation of Work Permit Conditions
Employers can provide feedback on their FDWs via email at [email protected]. The feedback should be attention to the Controller of Work Passes.

MOM will review the feedback given and take the appropriate action against the worker. The Ministry will only place the worker on an employment ban if she is charged and found guilty of an offence under Singapore laws, including offences under the Penal Code and the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act.

hi all,

wanted to take a poll.. I just found out that my maid took my undergarments without permission and took a lot of my kid and my stationery (pens and pencils).

I cannot stand her dishonesty and also she has been asking for funny requests lately.

1) ask me to finish cooking by 430pm on weekends so that she can wash up and rest early. I of cos rejected her.
2) ask for her fili hp but she say to communicate with her mother. But later I found out that she has a telephone book of quite a number of maids in the neighbourhood.

I am changing her but should i let her transfer or just send her back as she has finished her contract

hi,
ur maid oredi started to show "patterns".no point keeping her.Think who she is?how can she ask u to finish cooking by certain time?We don't even ask our bosses to knock off early!

hi avocado,

ya.... i definitely won't be keeping her.. just wondering if i should send her back to her hometown.
Although the things she took are all quite petty(pens).. but one of them is my undies leh...

1 thing is i dunno if she has taken other things as she has a locked luggage that is at least 20kg now and full to the bream!!!

driving me nuts thinking of what is inside that luggage.

Hi,

Ask her to show you her stuff inside. Most of my maids will auto offer for me to go through their luggage before going home. I will send her home.

Ahbui, u have all the rights to request to see the contents in that luggage. Afterall, our bags are also check if we work in some government organizations.

If u can afford, send her back.

I check all my maids' belonging before let them go for good. I will unload everything on living room floor. Then go through wif them together, I.e. I check everything in front of them. They can repack once I finished certain item. If the maid said item given by my relatives, I will call my relative to verify if item is of certain value.

All my maids do not hold cash, they will inform me if they need to buy anything. I told them this is to avoid misunderstanding of stealing.

One of my former maids used to steal small items n food. We closed one eye but to our shock, we found one big roll of hk, sing dollar n ringgit value over thousands in her bag that belongs to my husband. We r sure those were stolen money coz I never allow her to hold cash. She rampage my room after the money was taken away. I sent my two young kids to my brother's place fear she would harm them after her insane behavior.

I consulted the agent if I should report police, but becoz we did not have recording of searching her bag wif the money, decided not to report coz no evidence. She denied stealing money till the end. Agent sent her back the next day n did not ask us to pay for transport cost.

Back