Advice needed- How to clean Avent steriliser?

adelia

Recently I used vinegar to clean my Avent steriliser and found that the rubber components of the pump accessories that I sterilised turned a yellowish-tinge
sad.gif
Is this the correct way to clean the steriliser? I feel that using water to rinse the steriliser is not sufficient.

adelia,
if i am not wrong, for Avent steriliser, they do not advise the use of vinegar. Supposed to buy the de-scaler salt from the Avent service centre. Usually after I de-scale (for my avent milk warmer), I will run 1-2 rounds in normal tap water to ensure that the de-scale product is properly washed out. De-scale only do it once in a while...
happy.gif

As for the rubber parts of pump accessories. Just to share that for Medela, the soft shields should not be sterilised. My Avent pump, the petals did turn yellow gradually after several rounds of sterilising. It's normal.

Hope the above helps.

I saw someone posted in another forum saying that we can get the critic acid from daiso to de scale the sterilizer....

I have a similar steriliser. Purchase critic acid powder on ebay and follows the instruction on the steriliser's manual. I heard there are people using lemon.

Oh ya.. my pump accessories went a bit out of shape after sterilising....
sad.gif

Was advised also by Avent steriliser promoter to use white vinegar and mixed with water 1:3 portion to clean the stains off the sterliser. Have not try it though..

I bought the citric acid powder from Avent office Philip at Toa Payoh.. per pack $2. I think use the original citric acid powder safer..

Heheh... I just tossed a few slices of lemon, switched on the empty steamer with water inside of course. And tadaaa... All icky brown water stains gone. Cheap and gd

Yeah, I use the same method as Puteh, using few slice of lemon with some water and switch on the sterilizer and it does the job! I used diluted white vinegar before too, but I don't like the smell. Still prefer the natural lemon fragant.
happy.gif

Hi ling, I put about 2 lemon slices at the base of the Sterilizer, where the water pools. The rest of the lemon I keep in the freezer, can use some other time. Heheh yes, heather I also buay tahan the Chao serng smell of vinegar.. Eeks.

I tried the lemon slices and ended up with a blackened water bank.... How ar? Cannot use the steriliser any more?

Back