!! advice needed: baby refuse to drink from bottle

xiaohuei

Hi mummies,

For the past 2 months, I have been breastfeeding my gal directly and now she refuses to drink from bottle.
I would be going back to work in another 2 months time, is there anyway she can switch to bottle soon?

Please help!!

Dun worry, my child is like that too at first. You just have to give her milk at longer hours and not giving her your breast. It take ard 2 weeks before my gal take milk from bottle too.
You can try to take toys to distract her while feeding.

Thx kaline!! Happy cny!!
Finally!! She is able to drink from bottle now and takes 2 wks or more!!! She still struggle whenever a bottle is place on her mouth so i need abit more time before she drinks..

That's good to hear. She will get better with bottle as she go older. Happy CNY to u n your family 2!!

Hi xiao huei,

I'm having the same problem too. My baby is 9mth now n still refuse bottle. May I know what bottle & tits u using? And at which feed u start with the bottle?must it be same time everyday to start the routine... Do u feed her with your express bm or formula ... Tks

Hi Lmf,

I am using both Avent bottle and teat.
I do not have a regular start time for feeding but most of the time is around 11am to 1pm.
I feed her with total BM.

The way to success is to be paitent and never give in too easily.  At the beginning she keeps crying, I will calm her down by rocking her to sleep then i put the bottle into her mouth slowly.  If she cries again, I rock her to sleep or let her calm down then i feed again.

Hope this will help!!
happy.gif

Back