Advice needed : Any mummy who r diabetic then become pregnant?

huijun

Any mummy-to-be who r diabetic and got pregnant? Need advice on how to bring down the blood sugar?
happy.gif

Dear Linda,
I have had diabetes since 1991 before getting pregnant in 2008. Initially the journey was not easy, but once you are TTC and already pregnant, you need to work tightly with your doctor and medical team like dietitian. Also if you are previously on tablet , the doctor might ask you to switch to insulin jabs. To have a tight control, you probably need to test your blood sugars pre and post meals. it is not easy, but you can do it! To have a healthy baby is absolutely possible
happy.gif
It seems you can't accept PM. If you need encouragement, feel free to msg me
happy.gif

Hi raspberrytea77,
It's nice to hear frm u...
happy.gif
I had diabetic 13yrs ago, tried for bb or 3 yrs and when i had given up on it, I am pregnant... I am 8weeks pregnant now, seeing a Gestational Diabetics Joint Clinic at SGH. I had not seen a dietician yet, i am on insulin for yrs. I find tat controlling the blood sugar is difficult, as b4 pregnant, my blood sugar control was bad. So which hospital u had ur child? Btw, wats a TTC?
happy.gif

Hi Huijun,

You are not alone..I had my 1st child in 2006 and later i cant manage to conceive for many years..went KKh to do a checkup and realised I had family inherited 'Diabetes'!!...my world crash~ And becos of this, I got a miscarriage last year September..so sad..

Later KKH doc told mi to take pills to control my sugar level..make sure sugar level being in good control before planning to have a bb again..

But when I am losing hope in getting a bb, I realised I am preggy..I was shocked and scared..went to see doc immedaitely..Gyne advised mi to go into insulin jab..and i did as he say..I have to inject 3 times a day and to prick my finger to test sugar level every time before and after each meal..

I cant think of any pain i am going tru now..I only hope that by doing all these, my bb wil be safe and healthy through my pregnancy journey..

I am currently at 16 weeks now..hope god will bless us going through all these in a safe n smooth journey..

Hi Linda,

It's great to hear from u.
happy.gif
Sorry to hear that u had a miscarriage last yr, is it becoz of diabetics? I had been on insulin for abt 10 yrs and i had tried for 3yrs b4 i am pregnant now...

So which hospital will u be deliver ur bb? Do u put on alot of wt after u use insulin?

Hi HuiJun,

Yup, I think cos of my diabetic..It was known as 'Blighted Ovum'...on my MC...

I am delivering my bb @ KKH, same as my 1st child and now currently seeing Gyne, SF Loh..I dun think i put on much weight..I even lost weight for the 1st 3 months..yesterday just went to diabetic doc and realise my weight had gone up 1 kg at my 4th month pregnancy...=)

I realli salute you on your 10 yrs insulin..you are consider type 1 or 2? Mine was inherited from grandparents then from my dad..bo bian..

Hi Linda, I m so afraid tat I will get depression as my collegues all say I become less chatty, n I m trying my best to eat little, less carbo, but the blood sugar dun sees to go down, tat makes me abit feeling down. My diabetic also runs in the family, my grandpa, dad, uncle n cousin. But I read up saying tat woman wif diabetic which pass the genes to bb is 1 is 100, which if the daddy has it, the ratio is 1:25. I m keeping finger cross tat my bb will not have my genes. Todae I fall sick le, n is resting at hm. Can I ask, when u had mc, how many mths was tat? As I m onli 8wks n I m quite afraid.
happy.gif
I m seeing a joint clinic at SGH where the diabetic n gyn doc sit down together wif me.

Dear Huijun,

Usually what are the highest and lowest readings at your blood meter? Mine was highest at 11 and lowest at 4...but most of the time between 5-9, depend on the food that i ate..

Your worries are the same as mine...as we had diabeties, we have to be more careful in our pregnancy..try to think on the 'BRIGHT' side..dun worry, our baby will stay strong and healthy for us! let's pray!

when is your EDD date? mine is on 31 Dec 2011..

I think the only way to bring dwn sugar is to cut dwn our sugar intake and also diabetic doc will have to increase your insulin as your pregnancy goes along...

Hi Linda, my EDD is on 1st march 2012. My average reading is between 7 to 11. The lowest was once at 3. I dun take swt stuff anymore n I start to eat everything tat is wholemeal n start to learn to eat oats. For tis bb, I gave up alot.
happy.gif
hope all will turn out well.

Hi I also diabetic and get pregnant, which gynae do u seeing coz I have bad experience with my gynae in my first pregnancy last year

Hi Yeni, I am seeing a gestational clinic at SGH, diabetics centre... And there will be a gyn and a diabetic doc who sit in together. This two male docs is beri nice and I am happy with it. I am currently 11 wks, wat abt u?

Hi Linda thnks for ur reply, I'm at 9 weeks now, my first bb passed away at 3 weeks old makes me a bit trauma and want to make sure get a good gynae, how to make appointment at sgh? I'm pr here n dunno anything, sorry
happy.gif

Hi! I am diabetic and I gave birth to a healthy baby boy last October.
Having a good gynae is important but I think it is even more important to have a good endocrinologist looking after you during your pregnancy.
My endocrinologist keep a close watch on my blood reading throughout my pregnancy. I have to send my readings to him every week and he will advise if I need to adjust my insulin injections.
I had to see him once every month and once every 2 weeks during the 3rd trimester.
He gave me lots of advices on my pregnancy and diets. He was a much better doctor then my gynae in every way.

Hi Yeni,
my endocrinologist and his nurse will keep a close watch on my blood sugar reading and i have to emai or fax to them every 2-3 days and they will get back to me and ask me to adjust my insulin as and when... my gyn just like Twink, jus sit there to make sure bb got heartbeat n is growing onli. I am seeing the Gestational Diabetics Joint Cinic every 2 wks and they operate on every wednesday afternoon. The number is 63214516 at SGH. My endocrinologist is Dr Abel Soh, but gyn sometimes change as I am a subsidise patient. But the endocrinologist dont change at all.

This is my second kid my first one I delivered in thomson but he got nose problem and passed away 3 weeks later at kk hospital because of virus that's why now I very scared

My reading us between 6 for breakfast, less than 7 before lunch, normally high on weekend when I eat a bit mire than usual , dinner sometimes will also be high as the fruits I eat after dinner. Wat abt urs. Mine the highest is abt 10.

How many times u need to inject insulin a day? My doc advice me to get result below 5.5 before meal n 6.5 after meal but it's very tough:p, ru working?

Yeni, I m working as a childcare teacher. I inject myself 4 times daily. My reading must also hit the same target like u. I change my diet, like frm white bread to soft grain bread, spagetti eat wholemeal instead of normal one. Bee hoon also change to brown rice bee hoon. Eat plain cracker or a handful of plain nuts when I m hungry. N even start learning to eat instant oats.

Is ur doctor ask u to eat 5 times a day small amount of food instead of 3 times big meal? I very confused after seeing 2 endo, 1 said I need to take small amount but frequent the other said just take 3 times big meal after inject insulin

My endo ask me to c dietician every mth, so dietician ask me to eat 3 main meals n 2 snacks. Insulin only b4 main meals. But recently my blood sugar been going up too. Very sianz loh.

Did ur doc ask u to see a dietician? So how much insulin u inject b4 any meals? My dosage I think r quite high already...

The doctors never ask me to see dietician, my dose before meal is 20 each, how bout u? Do u see the dietician?

Yah,I see a dietician every mth, my dosage r much more higher than u, twice or thrice ur dosages. So what u work as? Where r u seeing ur doc now?

I work as admin I find it's very difficult every lunch time need to inject first then faster go down to eat :p, I see the endo at gleneagles, first at mount e, do u sometime feel giddy n very hungry? I always felt like that

Yah, recently I feel hungry easily n when I m beri hungry, I will see patches of black... Ur insulin onli gives u a allowance of half an ur to eat... Wat type of insulin u using? Btw, u have Facebook? Can add u?

Oh I forget in the nite I also need to inject insulin name lantus so total I inject 4 times a day

Ladies, you need to keep your sugar in control to ensure the best for the baby. JIA YOU JIA YOU JIA YOU.

Hi ! how's everyone here??
I'm now in my 10th week...and sometimes after food my sugar level can shoot up to 9! but after another 2 hours drop to 5...
I'm trying hard to control my diet now, and it's improving...i think it's important to eat regularly...

Hi everyone,
i would suggest diabetic person to choose more Low-Glymeric foods as they convert to sugars more slowly and steadily, reducing the huge swings in our blood sugar level after a meal. they are the ideal choice

Hi all, I would like to share my story where I was discovered with gestational diabetes in my 7 months of pregnancy. I'm not sure if my diet is the same as yours. I need to see a dietician, do my own blood test every day and watch diet. I was told to eat 3 main and 3 small meals a day, on regular timing and meals to b at least 3 hrs apart. I delivered a girl in April this year. Throughout my pregnancy, I put on weight of only 12 kg.

Hello
I am a type 1 diabetic and insulin dependent.
Any type 1 diabetic who is pregnant or delivered baby in singapore and is under guidance of any endocrinologist and a gynea

Planning for my first pregnancy but very worried due to my diabetes Any recommendations.
Need some opinion or maybe consult a doctor before i plan for a baby.
Thanks alot

Hello
Any type 1 diabetic who is pregnant or delivered baby in singapore and is under guidance of any endocrinologist and a gynea

Planning for my first pregnancy but very worried due to my diabetes Any recommendations.
Thanks alot

Hello

Thanks alot

Hi Sinnew, have pm you..

Back