Advice Needed: Any Mummy who put baby in infant care centre ?

iorois: then were u on waiting list for My1stSkool?I registered n was told there are 20 babies infront of mine wo,n i ask how long it take she cant ans me.

janiemin: u mean Dr Heng ah.i went to him b4 change to my current one,me n my hubby just cnat stand him, ask qn dun ans just said wait n he check the baby then afterwhich nvr ans
sad.gif

snowyee11/janiemin: hehe wats eczema?my bb has red patches on his head but was told just heat rashes by Dr heng then.By the way do u all started work aldy?

annette,
Eczema is skin allergy, some could cause by food or history of family with skin allergy. Eczema will come back when recovered and as and when. Heat rashes could sometimes appear if bb feels hot/heaty. Can take a look at these threads below for info on eczema/heat rashes

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2052338/2209285.html?1258165002
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2052338/2354883.html?1257479033
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/578191/1673322.html?1249353966

Yes, I've came back to work for 1 year already.

Hi annette, snowyee11,
Few days didn't online because I was down with high fever and throat infection. Wear mask at home and don't dare to carry my bb, only look at him from a distance away. Am feeling better now.

Annette, my current IFC is at Pasir Panjang Road so don't think you will enrol yr bb there bah. Don't worry. You can always call up the IFC and ask to tour the centre. That's what I did.

Most of mummies here stayed at Jurong West right? I stayed in Clementi.

Snowyee11, yup! Will switch to My First Skool at Clementi, infant care opening in Feb next year. My husband being there twice and I went there last Friday. The prinicipal was very young, in her mid twenties, very friendly lady. The caregivers also pleasant looking and friendly looking (seriously can't tell much from 1st meeting right? But at least can kan de shun yan). Is fully air-con de. Do you dress yr bb in beanie in air-con environment? I am planning long sleeve top & pant and beanie, cos scare the air-con too cold.

Also, what vitamin you giving to you boy? Can start from how old? Are there any vitamins for 7 month old?

Nanny vs IFC
I actually went nanny hunting last weekend, viewed 2 nanny. Conclusion is still prefer to place bb in IFC unless I can find 1 nanny which meet my expectation. Placing bb at nanny care runs the risk of exposure to the nanny's family environment and culture so I am very particular about this point. Too bad that am not able to find good nanny yet..

Janiemin,
Really haizz... this is the disadvantage of putting bb at IFC, keep getting running nose + cough. When comes to cough, I am very paranoid cos I know cough can be very very difficult to 'duan geng'.

So annette, you have to be prepared to deal with this once yr bb starts IFC..

Oh Annette,
read about your options. If your grandma is not staying too far from you, I think is quite ok. The maid will be transfer to you but stay at your grandma place right? Then you have the right to states that daytime strictly taking care of bb and cooking and if time and situation allows, simple house chores. Since she taken care of 5 children and being with your aunt for 10 years, at least you do not need to worry so much.

snowyee11,
thanks for the GP contact no.no choice leh, i want to sleep late oso cant,bb wakes up around 6-7am.so around 8plus bring him go walk walk loh,cos after tat he take a morn nap, then i oso take a nap if im tired.hw come ur bb can allow u to sleep until so late ah? the PD claimed its ezema but maybe its mild one.think not as serious as one tat need to prescribe steriod. heard BB california calendula cream is good,bght aldy waiting to deliver to my letterbox.most of the day, i go fetch bb back home will be around 6plus.okok i go and see if u there or not..u got chit chat with other mummies one? i will normally be carrying my bb in the baby bjour.

annette,
yes,u knw who lah..better dun mention his name again.keke.everytime i go, said the same thing, last went cost about 70 bucks.so nw where u go to see PD?care to share?

pastries,
yes,most of us stay in jur west.yaloh, today i went to take meds for my bb for running nose.the recept lady or maybe nurse said that her bb oso placed in IFC.for the first 3 months, expect to have runny nose etc..very heartpain to see bb take meds.my bb take until he used liao.sometimes will knw and dun want to take, have to trick him with treats to let him open his mouth. i let my bb wear long sleeves n pant, cos its aircon, scare too powerful..the first week he went, kena runny nose aldy.unsure whether ist aircon too power cos i let him wear romper for 1-2 days (cos duno mah) or due to environment.

Annette;
My boy is aleady inside My First skool.. ya, was on waiting list prev as well.. but i reg b4 baby born, so better...

think u can call them to see if they still allow the tour ;) 67955144

Pastries,
Hope you are better. Muz take care. I'm very scared if I down with flu and sorethroat cos' it makes u very tired and afraid to pass to the small one also. Yes, I let him wear long pants and T-shirts cos got aircon, but no beanie cos' my boi don't like to wear.

He's taking childlife Vitamin C(from GNC), can start from 6mths old onwards. Quite ex, ar $23per bottle but my sis got discount card, so everytime I lobang her to buy.

annette/janiemin,
the PD clinic is kidslink rite? I went to this clinic before but another branch at CCK, think that PD better.

janiemin,
What time u start work one or can still hv time to bring ur boi go walk walk? My boi also wakes up very early, same like urs loh, ar 6plus to 7am, cos' weekdays I let him sleep early. I oso wish he could wake up later. Ya, sometimes got chit chat, but usually with those maids hahaha, cos they are usually the ones who bring their "young master" down mah.

Pastries: grandma stay bt batok. jam every morning if go workplc fr tt direction tts y haiz
sad.gif
cant state wat u mentioned also ma,ppl will said i what lor.worse is tt cousin of mine not working still get a vietnam wife n both not working, living damn life on my grandma who is 80+ lor tts wat i hate

Re: Maid intro by another maid haha
Any one of u have maid at home?considering getting maid n put my my mil plc opp my wkplc if cant find gd ifc n nanny.My tuit kid maid intro me her cousin, here for 9yrs,worked for 2 chiense family follow by american follow by the current one british family n take care of their new born.Was told current british expertise employer gog back UK tts y shes looking for new employer. meet up with her 2 days back ,very petite looking but when shake hand seems strong,shd i give it a shot?But again ppl said maid who work for foreigner always demand alot coz used to the better life with them compare to chinese family,is tt so?

snowyee11/janiemin:ya was told CCk kidlink pd better.Janie, i changed to Dr Agnes at Alpha Baby,opp Jurong entertainment centre tt hdb blk level 2, intro by my hubby's frdwho sent her 2 kids there for yrs hence gave it a shot and not bad,much better then the previous,at least ask all my qns posed be ans n doubt cleared,but again not much qn to ask la haha.

Pastries/ioroios: weird for the 1st skool i ask to tour the plc, but she said when its my bb turn to enroll then can tour!! tts weird lor. Pastries, where is the new branch at clementi?U ahve their direct nos?still ahve vacancy?maybe i can consider tt as well since near wkplc.Need decide fast coz if IFc then dun wan tt maid liao

snowyee11,
yes its kidslink. thanks for informing tat CCk is better.keke.
oh i meant weekend lah, i will bring my son to walk walk.i working 8am in the morn,so my boi is the 1st few to be at the IFC..

Annette,
Oh din knwo JEC (jur entertainment centre) got clinic.ok will take note of tat as well.now at least, we know which are the better PD or GPs.yes, for J.pt 1st skool they allow u to tour only when they confirm your vacancy then u decide to enrol or not loh.

I also intially thinking of maid then can do hsechore for me but nobody at home, so my mum strongly disagree.cos the price of a maid is similar to IFC.

Hi annette,

There are 2 new My First Skool in Clementi. Blk 375 & Blk 339.

Please see this link for the contact:
http://www.myfirstskool.com/loation-west.html

Will pm you the direct contact for Blk 339.

Ya, maid can do housechore which is a major plus point. Me also nobody at home, cannot hire maid.. v tiring to do housechore & look aft baby & being a working parents hor.

Snowyee11,

Thanks for concern. For the childlife vitamin, you started when your DS is how old? Don't know should I start now cos not sure ok for bb under 1 to take vitamin anot??

Seems like the thread is moving fast. Me down with stomache flu for past 2 days..lie dead at home..my boi also down with flu and cough..two patients at home..haha

Pastries, I think I started the vitamin C when he is around 7mths till now. Can start to take when bb is 6mths onwards. U can check with GNC counter for more info.

Ya got maid very convenient, can help with the hsehold chores. I also got no maid cos' both of us also dun like maid to take care unless like annette knew her grandma's maid who can take care of kids. Actually some of the parents who put their bb at the ifc wan also got maid. I guess they also rather put their kids in the then to let the maid take care.

For myself, I hired part-time cleaner too help me with the hsehold chores twice a month. At least those tough cleaning like cleaning windows, balcony, ironing can leave it to the auntie to do.

Sorry gals, i putting my bb to ifc next mth, how do i label milk btl? can i use perm marker? will it release toxic upon sterilising? my frd advise me to get brightstarkids label. any other method? wanna save $

snowyee: take care wo. me down with flu also. alot ppl falling sick.hope i dun spread to bb

janiemin/snowyee11/pastries: haiz long story.1stly, grandma side tt aunt maid dun wan come my plc though im paying her so out. then frd maid intro cousin who is a maid of 9 yr exp,intend to get it n put at mil plc then initially mil ok with it then now keep giving excuses tt she dun like maid, rather take care of my bb without maid(but obviously she cant handle on her own)n best we can put at ifc compare to maid if im not gog to be sahm, so flare up haiz.

Pastries/snowyee: haha i gotten the clementi direct nos fr their headquarter. u enroll urs at blk 339?Gog down to take a look soon, need to decide fast haiz.Whisperingheart call me n said have vacancy for my bb in jan,by right gog down tour today but hubby keep hesisting coz dun really like whisperingheart environment compare to JP the 1st Skool fr our 1st visit, snowyee u visited both, u find which better?

janiemin: not in JEC, its the blk opp JEC, i din know too till frd intro. there r also another clinic n dental clinic there n alot beauty salons

snowyee11 & annette, oh, must take care ok!! lately many ppl fall sick. Do wear mask at home when sick to prevent bb getting sick too. Snowyee11, hope your boy recover soon!

I will go to GNC and enquire, thanks! ^^

Annette, your MIL keep changing her stand, even if u let her take care, scarly after a while, she said dun wan to take care liao.. i think now yr best option is IFC or nanny. Yup, i enrol at blk 339, the principal, Lina is very friendly and young.

If u decided IFC, better decide fast, cos IFC can be very hot wan, sometimes waiting list can be quite long..

createjoy, oh i want to ask this qn too! My current IFC label for us, use some sort of sticker. I did not ask in details about this labelling..

pastries: not i dun decide,its hubby very fussy n scare his bb not in gd hand lor. coz mil all the while dun like maid, but if really no choice cnat get gd ifc then she will try take care but again she taitai wo, din take care of bb n din work for so long, doubt she can handle lor tts y simimultanously looking out for gd maid too

Pastries/annette,

Thks for yor concern. Ya, I also hope my boy recover soon cos' he taking his MMR Jab next week. Another Jab that will cause fever.

Createjoy,
for my ifc, the teachers will label the bottles for me. But I also label it myself also. Bought those white stickers(avery) and print my boi's name on it then paste on bottle, then use scotch tape paste over it cos the stickers is not water proof. Actually all his towels and creams I also label, jus in case to get mixed up with the others. I guess esp. bottles cos' usually it's the same few brands.

annette,
I did not tour my 1st skool at jp as that time when I'm searching for ifc, it's not open yet at jp. We oni tour 3 ifc cos' that time not many. In the end, choose whispering Hearts becos' of the convenient of the location for me. 1 thing impt for me is most of the ifc teachers been working there since the ifc started in 2006 so am still quite comfortable they don't change teachers so frequently.

You have to be comfortable, if both of u not comfortable with the environment, then very difficult. U can go down tour 1st before u decide. I also agree with pastries tha ur mil is finding excuses oni, like "mei you xin" to help u take care.

But annette u already quit ur job or on maternity leave now? If u not working, enrol in ifc not subsidy leh.

snowyee11:eek:icc.haiz all the while my mil dun wan take care one ,when my hubby told me she ok with maid, i open my eyes bigbig with the 'u sure or not look,shall see soon if she back out' and really she finding excuse now like i will help u all take care without maid for 3 days a wk.But then excuse me 1st can u take care without a maid?n 2nd take care 3 days a wk then tt 2 day find who ?
I ahvent quit my job, still on maternity leave till end feb.

Pastries: Lina is principal for tt blk 339 branch only or for all branches?Hubby went down today but she not ard,was told by another staff tt she wnet to JP branch

createjoy,
my ifc just used marker loh..cos its written on hte bootles outside, so dun tink will cause any toxicity.

snowyee11,
recover liao?take care..bb always take jab every now and then, so many jab to take.we mummy always worry tat got fever after tat. u said u have part-time maid to go ur hse clean 2/month.im looking for one wor..hw much u paying ah? can provide me more details? hw many hrs they stay each day.i got tons of clothes always waiting for me to iron/haiz. when u said u used stickers n scotch tape for the towels, when u do washing of the clothes, wun the scotch tape come out? currently, all my bb's belongings, im using marker wor..cos i tink very ugly, so i wan to change to something else but its cheap as well.haha.

annette,
my word of advice.if u feel tat ur mil cant make it, meaning duno how to take care of bb.then better dun put at ur mil for the first place.i agree with pastries, scarly a while, she fly kite, u have difficulty finding IFC. just like me,my mil taking care,but lotsa issue with her.so last min, i find IFC to place even thou i have some time to find, but i rather dont.at the first place, i aldy plan to look for IFC but she insist she want to take care..after taking care for 6 mths, nw put in IFC.u see lah..

annette, so how does your hubby find blk 339 IFC? I find the sleeping area very small.. I always thought Lina is permanent principal for blk 339, I didn't ask also. I think she went to other branch for learning bah, cos she is really very young.

annetthe,
Ur mil so lame, find excuses. Take care 3 days, she thought she part-time ah? My advise is don't ever consider her.

Janiemin,
Ya going to recover liao but nw kanna sorethroat and flu. Must be my boi passed to me.
sad.gif
I PM you the details later for the part-time cleaner. Oh I oni use stickers and scrotch for the bottles and creams but the towels, I use marker to write at the corner.

snowyee/pastries/janiemin: haiz maybe when my hubby ask her ,she dun feel nice rejecting. my bro-inlaw told me during my wedding day then she aldy mentioned wont take care of her grandchildren tts y hubby's bro wife quit n take care of her own kids which is wat happening to all the women who married into their family even hubby's aunties so they expect the same from me .i was thinkingin my heart' ppl husband can afford ma,ur son still cant afford all expenses leh'but din bark back la:p

Pastries: my hubby said the ifc looks very nice wo n very satisfied with the plc but again my hubby expectation for all these plc very low hehe.i will try drop by one day when the principal is ard,very high chance bb be there lor if cant find gd nanny haiz so difficult to find lor.

Re:feeding time etc
Allmom: im thinking hor, most bb feeding time is ard the same time leh, 1 cher to 4 bb,n my bb bottle feeding time super long ard 1 hr leh,how cna they manage to feed all bb?

dear mummies,

i am gg to put my baby gal in ifc soon. i would like to know so far how is the experience and what will the teacher in charge do when baby is crying? my gal is very clingy and likes to b carried ard, if not she will keep crying so i am kind of worried.

annette, oh your MIL is those modern type lah, don't like take care of bb, so she actually make her stand clear to all her sons. I agreed with snowyee11, don't ever consider her if not you will have big headache if she back out suddenly. And where got take care 3 days wan, then rest of 2 days how?

The IFC indeed look very nice, because it is new! It is quite spacious except for sleeping area. I wonder who is the staff who showed yr hubby around, is it one of the caregiver?

Yeah, very difficult to find good nanny.. haizz..

re: quit job & be SAHM
This thought ever crossed my mind but I have certain expectation of life which I think I do not want to sacrifice.. Also with job security almost to zero now, it is very dangerous to rely on sole breadwinner leh..

re: feeding
Actually not all bb feeding time will be the same, they will follow bb schedule.. Also, when bb feeding time too long, they will actually try to find out why. I think not to worry about this, you will be surprised that bb tends to behave well at IFC then at home, even as young as 3 mth old bb!

bluzcorner,
How old is yr gal now? When my boy starts IFC at 2 month old, I thought he is very difficult to handle, but surprisingly, the IFC feedback that he is well behaved, and I notice he really becomes more guai when at home. So not to worry so much, you can stay with your bb at the IFC during 1st few days.

As for bb crying, it depends. Definitely there will be situations where bb are left to cry because of shorthanded staff, so we parents must be realistic of this. At my current IFC, I do notice that they will leave the bb crying if it is solely just crying for attention.. but not for long lah..

re:
feeding @ ifc. caregivers also feedback my gal drink better in sch.
she also sleep longer stretches & dun request to carry as much as at home.

1 thing i dun like about whispering hearts, we cannot see the infant area. so, can't peep in unless is saturday. other than dat, it's pretty ok

bluzcorner,
I think the ifc shld be able to handle ur bb. My boi also likes us to carry and walk around but I think sometimes he just wan attention. But in school, the teachers said he's quite well-behaved and fast in picking up new things. Same like pastries ifc, sometimes I also saw the bb crying when the teachers walk away to attn to our babies, but oni awhile lah. So dun worry too much, ur gal will get used to it.

re:feeding
I know the ifc usually is every 3hourly feed for milk feed. After they take solid, then have standard feeding schedule. Ususlly they will not drink at the same time. Like some older babies can hold their milk bottles on their own, not need teacher to feed.
annette, last time my boi also drink for 1hr, feed until my back pain and milk turns cold also no good. Later I reaslise the teat hole is too small for formula milk, so I cut the teat abit, then he drinks very fast, less then 15mins. Now older even fast, 5mins. Maybe u see can cut the teat abit to let ur bb drink faster but dun cut too big else later get choked.

Hi pastries, my baby gal is coming to 3mths now. My mum n aunt kind of spolit her, carry her at hm most of the time. Once nobody carry her, she will cry for attention.

Hi snowyee11, thanks for your reply. hmm.....i hope my gal can get use to it. i wonder does ur baby needs feeding every 3hrs? my gal needs feed abt 2hrs interval i wonder if this is normal. i tried to stretch her feed, but she always cry till very poor thing, so in the end i just feed per demand. And does ur baby fall sick easily? this is one thing i am worry abt as well.

hi all,
wish all xmas first.

annette, so the SAHM run in ur hubby's family.keke..frankly speaking,single income is really very hard to survive nowadays unless hubby is really earning alot.

bluecorner,
most of the time when ur bb cry, the teachers will attend.but the treachers oso know, if they are crying for attention or not.I think ur bb is still too young to stretch to 3 hrs unless she can drink more each time.if u place in IFC, most likely they will fall sick easily..but i tink if u feed breastmilk,maybe immune system stronger. not to worry, ur bb will get used soon, they are very clever one.i think bb act differently in IFC and at home. heard fm the teachers, my bb no ned to pat to sleep but at home, i need to pat and hug him to Zzz..i think he knw who to bully.

janiemin,

ya, i hope my bb can get use to ifc cos my work commitment is quite hectic. Now the tot of gg back to work scares me.

Dear all, this is my first entry to this thread. Just to share my experience...

My girl is coming to 22 months old. She grew up in IFC.

We opted for IFC over nanny or maid. I dont feel good about entrusting my girl to a nanny who may be only keeping watch on her, exposing her to tv etc while carrying out her household duties.... i dont think I can trust a nanny to sing with her or even do flash cards with her....

Yes, in IFC, she falls sick easily. But I guess this is inevitable.... every other month she has running nose etc.... But we still pressed on. Yeap we do not have family support to look after her, thus if she falls sick, it means we have to take leave....

But end of the day, when she graduated from IFC.. I felt it was still worth it. She built strong bond with her teachers whom I still contact. She learnt a lot during her months there. The teachers are fluent in English and they got a mandarin teacher for the infants....

She is talking a lot given her age. I always attribute this to her teachers.... because of their patience and their teaching....

I do not deny that there are certainly times when our children may be left alone, or even encounter near accidents due to lack of attention..... but then I felt there is no perfect solution. So long as you are comfortable with the teachers, place your faith in them.

Yes I do encourage breastfeeding.... though I am not sure if it helps because she still fall sick on off, but perhaps with it, it could have been worse.

Apart from the above, I feel it is more of a mental struggle. The first time i dropped her there, i felt so sad, i feel guilty as if she is an unwanted child... leaving her all alone in a new place.... but slowly i overcome it.....
the only thing i thought i could have done better is to talk to her beforehand and tell her she is going to leave the home and go into a new environment with new caregiver.... When i read books later, i realised even at 3rd month, a baby could have separation anxiety and they can recognise environment.....

Take care!

Hi All,

Merry Christmas to mummies & babies!

bluzcorner,
Don't worry, as what other mummies mentioned, babies are very smart, they know who to bully. They really behaved more guai at IFC, my boy is one example! I understand your concern, all mummies who put their bbs in IFC all went through all these worries. As for falling sick, i think bf is a good way to keep the bb healthly though personally I stopped after one month. But it is inevitable that they will fall sick more often at IFC. But if they do not attend IFC now, they will also fall sick often when they attend childcare.

If yr gal is not ready for longer feeding interval, then just follow her schedule 1st. BBs these young, at IFC, they will follow their schedule. As what Snowyee11 mentioned, after they started solid, then they will have more regular feeding schedule.

Winnie, I like your post!! I can comprehend what you have written! During the 1st 2 weeks of putting my bb at IFC, I have tears in my eyes when I leave the IFC. But I overcome it and at least I am not a weekend parents, I still have good quality bonding time with my bb after work each day. Your post is very encouraging to me and all mummies who put bb in IFC. ^^

Hi all,

merry christmas!

ya, sometimes the tot of leaving her to ifc makes me teary. but just like many of u, i do not hv any other family support dat can help me look after my gal and i am not as adventurous like my friends entrusting the baby to maid so the only way whereby me n my hubby feel more fang xin is ifc.

and after hearing most of ur feedbacks, it really gave me more faith in ifc and i dun feel as bad any more feeling like a bad parent leaving my gal in a new environment.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year everyone
happy.gif

pastries: ya shes a modern mil who dunw an take care of grandchildren but wan her daughterinlaw to stay home take care lor haha.The person who bring hubby ard called Fedhlina,she gave hubby a name card n state shes the principal leh

snowyee11: thxthx shall try tt out haha too many nos 1 teats

janiemin:yalor,run in their family. today i just calculate for her that hubby income can only pay housing loan,car loan, his mthly expenses n baby expenses n household expenses then i wont have allowance n definitely no saving for both of us. im kind of winning my stand soon:p

winnie: thx for ur post, reassure me slightly more haha

Annette: Oh I thought she is not around and went to JP branch when your husband went down? Yup, her full name is Fedhlina, she told us just call her lina.

Yr bb is 3 mths old now? Can switch teats already. R u using Avent teats? Avent teats are very hard, I used Pigeon right from the start.

No savings is very dangerous lor. Also,we wouldn't want to burden our children when they grow up, so v difficult to be SAHM nowadays. We need to plan for our future also, cannot rely on children when we are old.

bluzcorner: Hope you & bb will get use to IFC fast! ^^

thanks everyone for the encouraging note!

Yeap at least I am proud to say I do not belong to the weekend parent group... though it means saccrificing my own personal time/career, but the bonding is worth it.

Pastries: no lina not ard, the name card was given to hubby by another staff he said.Went down with hubby today,saw n talk to lina,wa super young lor almost wanted toa sk her if she hit 20:p She sound ok,but cnat confirm when ifc open, latest end feb,easliest mid jan.play area as u mentioned not bad,sleeping area very small n 5 cots only,she mentioned only those infant whom cant walk yet be in teh cot,those who start walking be sleeping on mattress. M is 2.5mths now,ya guess need change teat:p now using both avent n nuk,initially buy alot of avent then he dun really like but still use n mix with Nuk.

Re:Nanny
Who is the one who get nanny liao har?What is teh rate now? Now we r down to frd's mum or ifc.Now my hubby dun mind consider my frd's mum after getting more info.My mum frd taking care of a p4 boi(be in sch fr 630am to330pm), frd's sis be there with maid n a infant(2mth older then M currently 4 mths) n another now 21mths,frd said her mum not taking care of sis's bb ,rate is $600-650 wo,wat u mom think?

Winnie, agreed with you! I am equally proud that I am not weekend parent. I don't like the idea of weekend parent, what is the meaning of giving birth and take care during weekend only??

Annette, ya... she cannot confirm the opening date. Last time I talked to her, she mentioned Feb should be open liao, cos I need to give one month notice to the current IFC. Now reading your post, I abit scared that comes Feb, she told me not yet open!! I don't really like the idea of bb whom can walk will sleep on the mattress because you saw the sleeping section right? So small, what if the caregiver tumble onto the bb sleeping on the mattress? I actually gave her suggestion to shift the entire sleeping area, because she mentioned they are trying to solve this problem.

NUK teats is good! too bad my bb don't like it so I am still using Pigeon.

Re: Nanny
Mkt rate is $600, then if nanny buying the food ingredient, will be additional $50 or $80. Alternatively, you can buy the ingredient yourself. You must ask your friend's mum who is bringing the pri 4 boy to & back from shcool? Because she will be the main caregiver for your bb, so ask this qn. Best is she don't need to fetch the boy herself. (All these qns, my sis thought me when I went for Nanny hunting). Also, who is doing the marketing for the family? Personally I would not consider your friend mum because although your friend's sis is there with maid but too many bbs around le. I rather prefer IFC since IFC got singing time and story telling time, more educational right? But of course, is up to individual opinion.

Pastries:ya super small lor the area.as for the opening,now only left the paperwork fr wat i know la, staffs n things all ready.

RE:nanny
oh ya she did mention when start eating, add $50 more.the p4 boi will be taking sch bus coz his sch at holland while nanny plc at jurong west. I din ask abt marketing part wo, thinking even if they tell me maid doing but end up she doing i also wont know lor. i find ifc more educational also but thinking of the 1:3-4 ratio sian aldy somemore lina told me max is 18 bb wo

Dear mummies

Hope all of u have enjoyed ur X'mas!

Winnie:
Thks for your encouraging post. I totally agree with you and you've enlighten mummies here who decided to placed their babies in ifc.

bluzcorner:
I think ur bb now still young, still need to have take more milk, so probably feeding time still cannot stretch 3 hrs. If u giving breast milk, feeding time will be shorter..the ifc will try to accomodate to the feeding time and slowly adjust ur gal feeding schedule eventually. Dun worry yah.

annette:
I'm also using nuk teats. I think u can still use the no 1 teats and cut the feeding hole a bit. If it is silicon type then can last longer then the latex type. Change after 6mths. Like that no need to buy new teats, can save abit mah.

As for the nanny option, my friend's nanny charge $550 plus solid now another $50 more. If u ask me personally, I also don't feel comfortable with ur friend's mum cos' if take care of 2 babies and 1 big boy, I also scared the big boy will bully the small bb though the sister and maid around. The attention will still be on own grandchild still bah.

snowyee11:thx,mine is the yellow type i think is silicon.

RE:nanny
snowyee11,i talk to my frd's mum yest, she said infact she feel more stressful taking care of my kid coz shes taking my money have to make sure nothing goes wrong, while her own grandchildren its ok even ahve blueblack etc=does tt means excuse me so u r taking care of ur grandchildren all the while n not like what my frd mention nvr lor.AS for the big boi im not worry coz hes a very independent n gd boi,actually taking care by my frd since baby just tt my frd went brunei(due to hubby's transfer)tts y teh boi now under her mum.Haiz so headache, wanted her mum coz at least 1:1 u see then ifc 1:3or1:4 but again i like the educational part as mentioned as pastries

glad to be able to share my experience, especially on the mental struggle. most often, it is the doubt that arises each time when bb struggle with flu, fever, stomach flu, hfmd etc....

I have also a fair share of criticism from IL for putting the child in ifc...

i felt that support from hubby is very impt. end of the day, both of us are responsible for the decision made and the journey through it, together....

personally, i felt ration 1:3 is really good enough.

talk to parents around you who depended on ifc. i found mine through a good friend of mine whose girl also grew up in ifc. based on her experience, i know it is not just gimmicks when ifc said they will do singing, flash cards etc.... er at least i am sure my child is not exposed to tv whole day long....

Good Morning Mummies!

Annette: even if yr friend mum not taking care of her own grandchildren, but all together at one house, more or less will attend to them or play with them right? Now she told you she feel stressful, so in the 1st place, is the mum who interested to take care of yr bb or your friend who came up with this idea. This is v impt lor.. Is she really keen to take care of yr bb anot?

Like what Winnie mentioned, actually ratio 1:3 is ok. It is true that sometimes the bb will be left on one side because the caregivers are attending to other bb, but so many bb grew up in IFC, all happy & cheerful, more sociable also. So, actually is ok de.

I have one friend whose bb gal grew up in IFC, the bb gal is cheerful, happy, learn things fast. Then another friend of mine had a colleague who had 2 gals, 7 yrs apart. Elder gal is home based care, the younger gal grew up in IFC, she told my friend that there is a difference between the 2 gals. The younger gal learn things v fast and more independent (Maybe is her own personality lah.)

Snowyee11, has your boy recovered already?

Winne, not many IFC do flashcard right? My current IFC does not do flashcard. The principal believed that 1st yr is only abt physical development, which I do not agreed to. I am not saying they have to do flashcard, but do not tell me that 1st yr of life is only abt physical development, the mental development can be astounishing!! That is why I do not feel comfortable in this current IFC.

Yes, I agreed with you, the mental struggle comes when the child is sick. Husband's support is very impt too!

Re: Stranger Anxiety
I keep my boy at home for 2 weeks when he is down with flu, and after he recovered, whenever we drop him at IFC, he will cry. This week is the 2nd week, still the same.. Is it normal? Prior to him falling sick, there are occcasions whereby he frown and had the unhappy look on his face when we drop him at the IFC, I wonder why.. Any mummies experienced this before?

pastries,
ur boy also at whispering hearts?

my gal usu ok wif gg to ifc. only lately she start to hv separation anxiety then start to whine when i pass her to caregiver

pastries:the mum ok with taking care just tt maybe coz all the while those she take care r all family's children,only mine is outsider lor.by the way u know the rate if nany take care for nite?

juju78:is snowyee11 bb at whispering heart, pastries one shd be at pasir panjang if not wrong

hihi,
happy new year in advance.

we have some new comers to join and share experiences in IFC..I think im the most happiest mummy to put bb in IFC, think i had phobia with my mil taking care last time. BB learn faster in IFC but again the downside in getting sick every now and then but no choice lah..the only heart pain is tat they have to eat meds.

im oso using NUK, buy the white transparent teat, its better.

unsure hw much is nite nanny charges.
Yes, snowyee11 at whispering heart, pastreis at pasir panjang.

annette,
oic... thx for clearing up!

janiemin,
i also got phobia of mil. but then, she also dun wanna take care of my bb, wanna focus on the other 2 older grandkids

juju78, my bb IFC at Pasir Panjang. Snowyee11 is at Whispering Heart. So yr bb also going thru stranger anxiety now? But they go to the IFC everyday, it should be ok de mah..

annette, rate of taking care at night, don't know wor. Do u mean every weekday night or occasionally? I know that for occassional night, just 'bu' them some money. Ya, true, taking care outsider bb got add'l pressure.

Janiemin, yr bb just place in IFC recently right? Ya lor, not only heart pain when they eat med, but also worried when they are sick..

pastries,
her separation anxiety started only recently. she will start to whine or short cry when i pass her to caregiver. so hubby & me will quickly kiss her, bye bye & go off. else, i worry she cry out

Back