Advice Needed: Any Mummy who put baby in infant care centre ?

Snowyee, why so many similarity between your P and my J, haha! P's normal milk intake is also quite good, J is 240ml. But now if can 180ml very happy liao.

Your P is very tall!!

When I carry J, I feel is very heavy leh, even my mum said that..

Pastries,
I think P's appetite coming back, taking more milk milk now..but recently after he drink his milk, he will cough and sometimes vomit out abit. Thinking of bringing him to Yu guo for massage also cos' he take the chinese medicine will also vomit leh. BTW, tat time u mentioned J is taking the "Baoyindan" from Yu Ren Sheng rite? Does it help?

I think J oso quite tall, P oso ar tat height when he was 11 to 12mth. Maybe if I carry ur J, I feel much lighter cos' P is very heavy nw. =P

Snowyee, your P is coughing now?

I find that Bao Ying Dan is good for general well being and prevention. It is also good for minor runny nose, can recover within 2 or 3 days. If cough or flu, then Bao Ying Dang not so good..

I brought J to Yu Guo before, that time he recover after 1 week. But recently Juju brought her girl there, she said the effect not so good leh.. I think must long term then can really see the effect. oh btw, the belly yao bao normally is for 3 days usage but that time I told them I am going for short trip so they gave one week supplies of the yao bao and my boy recovered after wearing that for one week.

Did you ask the Chinese Physician why he will also vomit after taking the Chinese Med?

J also starting to drink more milk now, ytd the IFC teacher said they found a way to trick him to drink milk.

Pastries,
I think he eat too much biscuits recently too..plus weather also plays a part. Icic becos' one of my friend also let her boi take baoyindan since bb and she gave FM no BM and I seldom heard her son fall sick or have fever. Of course her son looked after by grandma not in IFC, so prob less chance to fall sick.

The Chinese Physician said it is normal to vomit out leh but he tried those jinfengshan ok so far, never vomit out. So far he cough oni after drinkin milk or itchy. Prob will monitor and c 1st lor, take too much medicine oso no good..=(

Tats gd, so u muz learn the trick from the teacher.

Hello mummies,
Whos bb is sick? my boi boi is sick, flu & cough..hiaz..recovered last mth, this mth kena again..im oso sick, fever & throat inflammation..hopefully, he can recover without any antibiotics..
I duno whther he "gum teo" (in hokkien) or wat..can i ask what ur bb wear to sleep ah?long PJ?cos Jave doesnt sleep in air con rm, so i let him wear shorts and tee,unsure whther he kena cold frm this.

Pastries,snowyee11
my bb oso on skinny side leh..last wt ard 9kg..
his milk intake oso low, used to be 180ml, lately very low ard 150ml 0r 120ml.

mummies, my gal will get fever once a month, consider often?
at IFC for 4 months liao...want to build her immunity

wat multi vits or vit C or cod fish oilis suitable for my 1 yr old gal?
What super vitamins do you all give to ur LOs in IFC??

janiemin,
My boi oso leh, last mth recovered, tis mth fever and cough. Tis time due to heatiness. Think both our boi got "JW sick bug"keekee..But P recovered wo seeing doc..Tat doc kevin(Pioneer north clinic)cough mixture quite good, can stop his cough which was quite bad tat time. U too take care and rest more.

Mangogal,
Not able to count hw many times my boi fall sick previously in IFC, think shld consider normal if fever every 1 or 2mths.

I gave Scotts Emulsion n Childlife Vit C(Can purchase from GNC or overseas drugstore spree). Going to try out Sambucol, as I heard it's not bad.

janiemin
ya, take care & rest, u hv to take care of ur boy.

my bb is back at IFC today, after resting home so many days. he still has a bit of phlegmy cough so taking cough mixture. teacher said he was happy & quai, but came home only bullied mummy and always 1 2 b carried, boo.

what's baoyindan? mummies, bbs so young can take chinese herbs huh?

Why don't you guys just give fresh fruits in their diet? Sambucol is fr (black)elderberry extract.. Supplements while they are good and concentrated, don't let it take over real fruits.. =) Babies only need it in smaller quantities..I know they have it for kids too..and I know berries are expensive here..but why not give them the extra fibre and other nutrition that comes with the berry? =)
Can always plan it into their meal/healthy snack..Depends on age that is..=) If u worry abt allergies, take it after 1 yr of age..=) or give it to them in small small quantities..=) the rest u and hubby or ur older kid can have for dinner.=) hehe..
Try your best to get them from the food source first.. before considering supplements...=)
Sometimes we rely too much on supps we forget how to eat healthy...from the food source itself.. we get bored w meals..=)
ENjoy your meals and make them nutritious! =) Plan a weekly meal plan..=) eases the head and grocery shopping..=) hehe..
Breastfeeding if can do up til age 2..=) be good..=) antibodies..=) but then mother must eat healthy and well too..=)

Lina,
Its good and not good tt bb is sick so often.. I hear also I xin tong..=( Anti--biotics also not good cuz it kills even the good gut bacteria which doesnt help the situation...esp w diarrhoea..=Z

Good in the sense that if his body can recover w/o use of meds, his immunity is upped.. If he needs the meds to clear means his body dun hv that anti-bodies to fight the bacteria that's why need chemical anti-bodies prescribed by doc. Means, next time round, if he keeps taking AB, his natural immunity wont be as strong or the AB wont work and will need a stronger dose..

SO best to boost the immunity first...=) U can go aheead and give the sambucal for now...then ease off..=) alternate your days...and introduce more fruits & veg suitable for his age...=) lots of it..=) and if he can take yoghurt it be good to replenish the good gut bacteria since all killed by anti-biotics..=)
Hope this helps..=)
TCM - sometimes some herbs may interact w meds/toxins left over fr meds and ma cause more harm than good. BEST to try read up on the herb and drug interactions before giving..=)
if it's from fruits veg extract, not too bad.. but if it's herbs etc, it's considered natural Meds, so need to inform yourself first before giving.
The sambucol shld be fine since it's frm fruits..but read the other ingredients as well. I only know where its from, not the detailed contents..=)
ALl the best...

Mangogal,
Try what Lina Chew suggesting. Sambucol for kids. =) Boost immunity rids viruses..=)
Besids that, need to let IFC know that their aircon needs cleaning or more ventilation is needed for health fo kids. Do they use hand sanitizers? Do hv your own if they dont or get them to have. It's impt. or get your own small bots of dettol hand sanitisers in your bag..=)
eat more fruits n veg dear..to boost immunity of bb. =) how old is your bb?

Snowyee, can get Sambucol from spree right? I haven't buy the Childlife Vit C which u recommended long time ago!

Janiemin, you take care of yourself ya! I think u can let him wear long pants and sock when sleeping, esp nowadays sometimes it rains after midnight.

On weekends, I will blend fruit juice (apples & oranges) and let my boy drink. Hmm, think I am gonna start on strawberries & blueberries like what Sandy suggested.

Lina, Bao Ying Dang is from Eu Ren Seng, I let my boy take small amount daily since he is 4+ months.. If he is having minor runny nose, I increased to 1/3 of the bottle and he will recover within 2, 3 days. I don't mix with western med, I make sure at least 3 hours of interval if he is taking western med or I stopped Bao Ying Dang while he is on western med.

sandy,
Thks for sharing..while we are giving other supplements, at the same time it is essential to include fruits in their diet as well.

Pastries,
Yup, sambucol can get from spree or 1 of the shop at united square is selling but more expensive. Had ordered through the spree but i think currently OOS.

Snowyee..welcome.. but dun really get ur reply.. u are telling me tha u are already doing that? hehe..or reiterating what I shared? =P

Anyway, bb healthy can liao...nothing more important..=)

Snowyee, any idea whether it is in stock at the shop at US? btw, which shop? Is it Vitakids?

US quite far from where we stay hor, I seldom go there, haha!

Ytd the IFC teacher was surprised when we told her J was 7.7kg and she showed us their record, they got took bb weight monthly, he was 8.2 kg beginning of April. Then she took out the weighing machine and weigh J again, is 8.3 kg. Hee, so happy! Then she said the principal very gan chiong when we said the doctor said J is underweight, haha! Then they have new pictures of the bbs everywhere. Overall I am quite happy with this IFC. ^^

Pastries,
Yes, can purchase from Vitakids. There are 2 more outlets at Orchard besides US(pasted the link here). But if u are purchasing, better to call 1st before u go down. I oso seldom go US.
http://www.vitakids.biz/ret_store_locator.asp?storeID=90947917688E4F3FA58839EEF7E6FC03

Or you can purchase with through this overseas spree but I cannot post there so I PM the organiser to purchase for me but longer waiting time.
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/2546558.html?1271123158

Hi Snowyee, thanks!

Why u can't post at overseas spree? I can, after register with SMH for 1 year can post at overseas spree liao. ^^

thks mummies!~ will chk out at vitakids for Sambucol
happy.gif

hi,

i am intending to sent my bb to this infant care
namely "the preschoolers" at bedok reservior...

or the infant care "spakle tots -fengshan" at blk 184?

any mummies got feedback on these 2 infant cares?

Yeah, quite quiet these few days..me also busy these few days with a project..seldom log in too..finally not so "eng eng"..

hi all! i have been "missing" for a long time! life is hectic after i'm back to office... everyday is a MAD RUSH!! arghh....

my centre has a confirmed HFMD at the playgroup side... hope the virus dun spread to infant care... *fingers crossed*

720mum,
sorry i dun stay area tat area so no comment.

time flies.next week,Jave will be goin to new IFC,will be there 3 days each day can be there on 6 hrs fm 8-2pm..plus my hubby away in May.Hope i can cope, if not I will go crazy..

I bught cod liver oil (orange) for Jave but seems like very sweet , i tasted abit.Is the original better? anyone knw?

janiemin,
Pierre is taking the original flavour, initially he does not like original flavour becos have the fishy smell. After he attend CC, the CC give the cod liver oil every morning, so now he's ok with the taste liao.

Oh Jave is goin to new IFC soon? No worry, he shld be able to adapt better.

snowyee11,
Jave doesn't like the orange flavoured after feeding him for a few days, i think its too sweet.then i went to buy the original but have not let him try, i smelled liao, very fishy man.

Jave started new IFC this week.1st 3 days with him and oni half a day there.With me, he okie.but these few days, when i dropped him off, he cried loh..excepted lah.although hard pain to see him cry like i deserted him,but i hope he will adapt soon.over there got quite a few bb who can walk so hope they can play together in the future.

HI mummies,
those who are in the FB, i see until very "luan" leh..who is who ah??wahaha..
snowyee = Sherlene
Lina = Junior S
juju = Juliana??
pastries = Jye Wee?
Shirlene?
Who else I din add or miss out ah?

janiemin
yup, i'm junior s

mummies, what's ur opinion about feeding garlic to babies? can we add to their porridge everyday?

i think it is ok, but not everyday..=) alternate or 2-3 times a week. Garlic is good cuz of it's natural healing properties.=) strength and vigour..=) good thinking..=)

thks sandy, i dun 1 2 take credit for the "good thinking" bit though = p cos it is one of the mummies from the july2009 who shared tt can feed garlic to babies.

Lina,
Thks. I heard of garlic is good but unsure good for bb or not.but its very pungent.duno if bb can take it or not bcos if the taste. you can try to mince very finely.

btw, mummies, wat kind of porridge u feeding u bb ah? i cooked until duno wat to cook liao..can share?

720mum,

my boy and gal are from 184 sparkletots CC. They are there since infant. I am very comfortable with the teachers and caregivers. The whole centre is very well managed. Go and take a look and see for yourself.

Hi Mummies,

Being very busy lately.. didn't really check this thread often.

Janiemin, yes, i am J Wee. ^^ Your name guessing all correct, Shirlene seldom post here, but I rem reading her posts before.

Adding garlic to porridge, can mah? Shall check with PD on my boy's pneumo booster jab.

Janiemin, you can cook macaroni, or those pasta star? I cooked the pasta star once. As for macaroni, is on IFC menu.

I want to ask regarding pneumo booster jab and MMR. My boy taken 3 pneumo jabs, so next booster jab is at 1 yr old. But I read on the National Immunisation webpage, it said from 12-24 mth, so just thought of checking when did mummies here let your bb take the pneumo booster jab?

How about MMR? 15 mths? And any mummies let their bb take Chicken pox vaccine?

now, im quite free, so can reply.

pastries,
thanks for infor.I think shirlene in SMH = shirlene in FB
Her bb in same IFC as mine,but her bb too small to play with mine.

ya, i tried alphabet pasta.I ran out of ideas in terms of adding the veg & meat combination..ydae, i tried sweet potato, minced pork and alpabet pasta, who knws i bght the wrg potato, its purple one..he doesn't like the combi & eat the potato oni.

Jave's health booklet got a sticker on pneumon jabs, when to take..its depends on when u jab him..As for Jave, I think he took his first after 6 mths so in total he oni needs 3 jabs, his 3rd jab will be ard 15 mths (can jab with MMR)there's must be a minimum interval bwtn each jab.I guess as long as it's within the minimum interval, anywhere from 12-24 mths sld be okie. But i help u look at Jave's booklet..

Yap, MMR is 15 mths. I plan to let Jave take chicken pox vaccine cos in his ex-IFC, one bb who's close to 18 mths kena, he din take, so 2 full weeks at home..(i think "shiong" for bb, itchy and parents (taking leave). so teacher advise bb above 1 year can jab. lately i heard there's a jab called duno wat (MMxx), its combi of MMR and chicken pox),so can jab together..
there's so many jabs to take..Jave is going to jab in july, by then I better check wat is wat and wat can jab together..i very scare they got fever..

Hi Janiemin, thanks for the info!! My boy health booklet dun have the sticker u mentioned.. My boy 1st pneumon jab is before he is 6 months, so total he needs 4 jabs which left only the booster jab at around 1 yr. His last pneumon jab is when he is 8+ months.

Yup, I read abt the MMR + Chicken pox vacinne. I think I will let my boy take this.. ya, so many jabs..

Hi mummies,

I urge you to read up on vaccines - it's good and its bad..

Some research show that vaccines can cause Autism and list goes on. I won't say more but u can do your own reading. =)

I understand this day n age there are plenty of viruses roaming around ready to land on our young infants...who can be vulnerable to them.

Vaccines aren't full proof either..read up on vaccines and its content inside - ingredient list and understand it well, ask ur docs questions and decide.. =)

It's against the lae if im not wrong to reject vaccination for our kids.. we can only defer...poor kid at less than 1 month gets injected w groggy viruses to boost his/her immunity...here's the thing, IF you know ur kid already had a poor immunity doe to genetics or running a fever or is not well, tell you doctors to postpone it...or it could do permanent damage.
On the other hand, most doctors would say, if u don't give it, your baby will be exposed and open to the virus and if he /she gets it, it means, it's a full blown very much alive virus attacking his system..and will need anti-biotics and more meds to treat..yes.. but question here is what is the virus? if it is a very very potent or deadly virus, then perhaps u can say u want the jab even if the jab has it's own consequences..least u know and are informed..

most bbs will get fever after vaccines cuz thats a natural body's symptom of showing that something is gng on, a viral infection is gng on...and thats the time when the body's immunity is producing it's own anti-bodies to fight off the vaccinated virus.. Fever subsides and it shows the immunity was able to fight it off well..any damage done to dna etc we can't see but the virus is killed...so to docs that is good...and their test is complete = works in infants in this age group... etc...= thumbs up for vaccine done for baby 1. baby 2... baby 3...i guess down the line baby #? might react adversely...is this known?? publicised? nope.. cuz no prooof says the vaccines cause it.... so parents live w it..

unfortunate that the 18 months old bb got CP.. do read up how CP is spread...and like I say good n bad of vaccine..and decide from there if it's worth the 2 weeks at home w baby and itch or a lifetime of damage done. not saying it is 100% baby will get 'hurt' fr vaccine but vaccines are not like our food we give daily...they are to some extent dangerous and carry risks..so do read up before freely giving to bb k?
Teachers advice(unless they are trained medically and have some medical knowledge) is not doctor's advise or parents advice... u know best what bb needs..listen but dun follow suit without reading up yah?
somethings can listen to teacher, some things, decide for yourself..=)
Every body means the best for everyone so can't blame teacher either..=)
Don't keep jabbing tats all I can say...
I wouldnt if I dont need to..=)

Don't let ur fears of taking off from work to take care of baby, BE the reason for you to give jab.(vaccines are not 100% full proof they don't get the virus in future) Is gving jab and it's consequences(which could be a lifetime problem ie autism etc) be less important compared to a temporary day off or 2-3 from work?

A Lifetime of prob compared to 2-3days off..which would you rather your baby have?

Weight out your pros and cons.. =) Whatever parents decide, im not saying it's wrong..=) do what u think is best for your child and BE informed..=)

All the best..=)

Hi all! I've been pretty quiet in this thread.

Just to let you all know that my IFC is infected by hfmd!!! Out of 7 infants, 4 confirmed cases, 1 suspected hfmd! 1 down with infected throat and only 1 'survival'!!

My gal at only 5.5 months is suspected with hfmd. She has 2 big ulcers in her throat. Keeping my fingers cross she is cleared. Think we really need to step up on the precautions.

sad.gif

pei pei,

oh dear...now is the HFMD season...i oso so worried for my baby as babies in IFC always hv a higher chance of exposing to those viruses!

pei pei
my IFC, out of 8 infants, 2 confirmed cases. since i'm home, i've kept my boy home since last thu, will only send him back to ifc next mon.

*shake head* really quite jialat for the poor baby if kena hfmd.

My gal is confirmed HFMD.
sad.gif

Ya, now is the HFMD season again. It all started with the toodler and playgroup for 2 weeks. Then the Skool said they have stepped up the precautionary measures and their staff will not cross boundaries to infant care to minimise risks. But dunno why last Friday the virus crosses over. I suspected one of the teachers brought it over. Though the Skool claims the virus is air borned, I don't think so lor.

Anyway, I think in the IFC environment it's very difficult to prevent such things. It's really depends on how the IFC tries to mitigate the risks. Our babies are constantly exposed to these virus when they are there. Guess we just gotta be prepared.

Lina, good that you kept your baby away. That's the best way if you have alternative caregiver.

Sophia, ya, very worrying when you have 2. Maybe you could talk to the principal or teachers to undrstand the measures they have taken. If there are reported cases at your IFC, better keep ur twins away from there for a few days.

Juju and Jeslyn, do pay more attention to ur baby and check them regularly. If they develop fever or you find spots on the hand/arm, legs and diaper areas then shld seek medical advise quick. Spots may also appear at the joints.

pei pei,
sad to hear..Yes, now the peak period, i dun even dare to bring Jave to the playground cos scare kena..u never knw.

It will be good to have those sanitizer at home, just put onto bb's hand when reach home or IFC.bb like to put hands into their mouth.

Pei Pei.. wishes yr gal a speedy recovery! At least glad to know that her symptoms are mild. I guess now we must be vigilant and check bb everyday. My boy IFC used to check their hands and feet everyday but lately stop le.. think must ask the teacher regarding this again.

Typically when is HFMD peak season??

Janiemin, those dettol hand sanitizer can right?? I have it at home but only use it on adults.

I don't rem is which mummy who bring her bb to see Chinese Doctor for cough and runny nose, is Snowyee or Janiemin? My boy, after 6 long months without any cough, yesterday night and this morn cough quite badly and can hear lots of phelgm.. Is the Chinese Doctor good?

re: vaccination
Sandy, thanks for your advice on the immunisation. I did came across reading what you posted. On 2nd thought, I think MMR + Chicken Pox might be too much for the little one to handle. MMR is compulsory but Chicken Pox is not. I heard there is also separate jabs of MMR available instead of the combine MMR jab. Janiemin, I think is better to give MMR and Chicken Pox jab separately if u intend to let yr boy vaccinated agt Chicken Pox..

pei pei,
wish ur gal recover soon!

pastries,
i was thinking not to do chix pox vaccination. wonder if im doing the right thing...

Back