(Advice- How to deliver easiily and faster)

Regarding the coconut juice, when you deliever your BB, BB will be clean, without the white white on your BB. If you know what I meant.

Hi Kacie,
I totally agree with Fericia, 'Walk' more may helps in easy n fast delivery, during the evening u may ask ur hubby or friend to accompany u for a 1hour breeze walk or maybe a light swim if u wan to.. Cos I myself did that (walk, walk, walk) and I had just delivered my boy on the 27Jan, thr whole procedure was quite fast actually
Hope this may help u abit too

I heard from some of my frieds that if you consume coffee during your pregnancy period. The baby borned will be very fair.

Walk more? I was super active. By the time I go for induced labour at 38 weeks, my cervix already 5cm dilated. Only took abt 4hrs to give birth. Fast and Painless with epidural
happy.gif

Catherine

Your induced birth only took 4 hours.. that's fast!

i'm gg for induced birth this coming Tuesday... excited yet anxious.... i'm at my 37 weeks now le, and when gync check last fri i'm already 2 cm dilate...

so i should walk more these 2 days for a faster n painless labour...

Wah... so fast... i walk alot too coz i am doing outdoor job... but when i walk, my tummy seem cramp loh... so i cant really walk far leh... I really wish my delivery will be fast, painless and no side effect loh...

Hi Kacie,

Walking more definitely helps. I delivered 5 months ago and the total delivery time was less than 5 hours.

Just to share here... i'm super active even tho' i was almost due. i walked a lot during work. and walked to office from bus stop too. my results are...#1 give birth within 5 hrs of induce...#2 give birth within 2hrs since i was already 3cm dilated. actually for #2, i was 1cm dilated and dr predicted i will deliver within a week's time but i did not. i continue to work and walk extensively for that week. haaa...my colleague said i walked faster than her when i'm pregnant

Just to share, walking throughout your pregnancy will aid in delivery. I delivered my #1 in less than 2 hrs naturally without any medical intervention. I walked up and down a flight of steps almost everyday, guess that's why my delivery was fast and smooth. An half hour walk per day will be good and healthy for yourself too
happy.gif

Hi all, I just give birth on 10 feb. end c-section,nv dilate at all even though tried twice for induce.
sad.gif
nt sure if I had 2nd baby still can natural birth anot. but, as long baby is healthy I happy le. I walk a lot but no help cause pelvis bone too narrow , baby head can't come out .
All of u r really gd to give birth within few hrs only.

I agree that walking a lot and walking up and down flights of stairs can help. But really must be extra careful when taking the stair.

All the best mommies!

Hi mummies,
I agree too, that walking really help. When I had my postnatal massage after my delivery, my massage lady give tips on how to have easier delivery that have been practice by many women yrs back. Stir 1 egg in a cup, add milo and a bit of milk. Drink once you feel that you've got contraction.She told me that the tips was frm her lady boss.Most I like about their service is that they really support mothers with breastfeeding problems. Maybe could email them your quires at their website jamumassage.com

Gd luck!

Congrads on your newborn, Kacie!

Just sharing my experiences :

I swam everyday during my 1st pregnancy and i guessed it helped my smooth delivery, took 7 hrs, on epidural.

my 2nd pregnancy was fast, I didnt swim, but i walked alot everyday, going out for yumcha, shopping, sending and fetching my #1 from classes, etc, pretty busy daily schedule. my induced delivery took me only 2hrs, without epidural, was all natural and super fast!

For my second baby, I facebooked all the way to the last hour and stopped to push and within an hour i was back to facebooking again. No pain relief except gas and air. Work with your baby and your muscles. Close your eyes, feel the baby's movements and the contractions, align your movements and breathing with the baby's and your contractions and you can feel everything very strongly when you close your eyes. baby and your contractions will give you the queue to push. When you can understand that, when you contract, baby kicks, and you push all happen together, baby will be fully out in less than 3 pushes.the body has a natural numbing action when it suddenly faces a trauma. the moment the head is out, you feel numb below, and the next thing you know, the whole body slipped out, followed by the placenta.Some time has passed so you will start to feel pain so Then the doctor will definitely give you a jab of LA before preoceeding to stitch you up. most prolly, you wun feel that too. Usually, anxiety will cause you double of the pain you should be feeling. So calm yourself down and work with your own body!I gave birth two times with the same peaces and my babies got out in 8 hours for the first cos water bag leaked before she was ready to come out ad had to be induced and lesser than 4 hours for second who was premie but dliatd 4cm and waiting to be born from 34 weeks. but by 36th weeks i was 5cm dilated and had to be induced again. All the best!

<font color="aa00aa">Wow! Thanks for sharing, hunnymummy. That was a holistic kinda delivery that every MTB dreams of.</font>

The nearest train station from my house is about 2KM from my house. Hope that's enough of walking. I swim every week too.

I read the "Idiots Guide to Natural Birth" Yes!! there is such a book!! It really motivates me alot and make me believe in Natural Birth.

Here's what you can do and tell yourself:
1. Believe in yourself. God make us this way, we can do it w/o the help of medication.
2. Jasmine Essential Oil helps to reduce labour pain (Do stock up a bottle early, a lot of shop doesn't sell it).
3. Swimming! Breast Stoke.
4. Yoga. If you guys are keen I can send you a few links on simple moves which would help.
5. Play your favourite music, bring in your MP3.
6. Stand and walk around, don't be tied down by the various machines. "Gravity"
7. Prenatal massages helps.
8. When you have epidural, it will be harder for you to feel and muscles, which makes it difficult for you to push.
9. Most of our mum did it w/o any medical intervention too. If you mum can do it, you can too!
10. And lastly, to further motivate myself, I asked my hubby to get me a watch if I give birth naturally, drug free.

Can up with a birth list and discuss with your gynae.

Kiddos to the mums in their active pregnancy and those who are aiming for a natural, drug free labour
happy.gif

I heard adding 1 teaspoon of margarine or butter to a hot cup of milo n drink it when u ve ur very 1st contraction.

This wat my hairdresser told me, open all the wardrobe doors.
I really follow, mine was so fast that my gynae cudnt arrive in time.
Jus to summarize, my 2nd delivery, 19mths apart.
This time also induced, put med in at 830am, 11am start intense contraction n deliver at 1145! Duno if due to nurse who check me ard 10, push the med in more, n took effect lor!
They kep asking me not to push, but it's was bb who wanted to come out..

Walking a lot indeed helps wif squatting about 5 to 10 times a day. I had a real fast delivery from 11am till 1pm only. I ask for epidural n it doesn't helps much for me cause the nurse didn't know that I was goin to deliver soon so they didn't put on more drip for me. It's a waste of $$ for me at that time. But I ll still ask for epidural on my 2nd delivery next time cause I'm my tolerance level is zero.

Chris,
for my #1, epidural took effect before my contraction pains were more intense, so ended up, i was shivering(more than feeling pains) till after delivery...the dose was tuned down but it was too much for me.
for #2, everythg came so quick that the epidural din take effect in time, and luckily i took laughing gas at that instance, I can tell u, it was really helpful, but have to stay "awake" and not drift off in dreamland during the dose. actually, the gas was helpful!

Try to sleep early as we can when EDD is nearer. We never know when the baby will pop and we need to have enough energy for the whole delivery proceduer.

Interesting thread...

Someone told me to eat some pineapple towards the labour date. Sure to rush the kid out.

Personally I feel that keeping healthy and active helps (eg. not lazying about, continue to walk/shop and do household chores).

I'm a Jan2012 mum. I walked a lot two months before delivery as i was busy shopping for christmas and chinese new year, as well as hoping for a smooth delivery. But in the end, after 10hours of waiting, i had to go thru e-csection, as my baby head was unable to go down. So its good to get prepared, but dont pin too much hopes. Dont be like me, have high hopes ended up with more disappointment.

Mknwt,I go through exactly the same process as you . after all, c-sec also nt that bad.i delivered in feb and nw more or less the stitch recovered and I'm quite relax . Advice- dun have high hopes and open for doc advices. Nw i Can go shopping here and there again. Hehe...

Prenatal yoga certainly helped me a great extent in calming myself during contractions and delivery. I really owe it to my prenatal yoga classes and the different breathing techniques we learn in class.

i read somewhere that walking helps to hv faster delivery only when u already started contractions at early stage. Ie instead of lying down waiting at the bed to go to the delivery ward, its advised to walk about. Not so much of walking during pre labour ie 1mth before pop. Not sure if true

I did both swimming and walking regularly. It does help a lot! It only took me about 3 hours to give birth! Fast and easy =) I would prefer swimming thou, as i wont feel hot under the sun.

Hello, thanks for sharing the information, but how much to walk per day? I feel my tummy is very heavy when i start walking and sometimes i get water retention too, is this normal?

hi ladies

Being active helps you to manage the contractions during labour.
You can consider trying out Prenatal Yoga classes where you can learn movements to keep active and breathing techniques to stay calm.
Find out more with Prenatal Yoga classes at http://www.vandayoga.com

I did lots of walking during my last trimester and shopping
happy.gif
took me less than 1 hr to give birth.. too fast and furious until no enough time to take epidural...

friend said swimming helps to 'speed' up delivery.. she swam weekly and delivered her bb in 3 hours time..
for me.. i was not courageous.. went for elective csection
happy.gif
i think that's the easiest &amp; fastest :p

I was running after the bus quite a bit and definitely walked alot right up to the day before I popped (daily errands, grocery shopping etc). I delivered an hour after reaching hospital.

ourlovestory: I think it's drinking lots before zzzz or high sodium in foods that will cause water retention?

For my first kid, I was very active. Went for aqua aerobics, lots of walking and yoga. Even did spring cleaning in the two weeks leading to delivery. He was born within an hr and a half upon arrival at the hospital. For my second, not as active but I went for yoga and walking, so delivery a bit longer about 4 hrs

I juz deliver my first baby in Jan 2012. I took less than an hour without epidural to deliver my baby. Tis is my good experience and i would like to share to all mums-to-be. I ate 20 calcium and 20 lecithin E and a cup of milo kao kao before go to hospital. By the time i reach hospital, is already open 8cm. When i pregnant, my friend who is a nutritionist did tell me tis method, but i dunt believe at that moment. Until i delivered my baby in Jan 2012, i tried tis method and it is really work. Besides, in 39 weeks, i started to drink coconut. I tink this is also help in fast deliver as what old ppl said. Also i exercised by squat up and down (by holding on table) 20 times a day.

<font color="aa00aa">mumndad_love,
Are the Calcium &amp; Lecitin E in capsule or tablet form? What is the dosage? Do you have any side effect after consuming so much of them?</font>

Hi moi, the calcium magnasium and lecithin E are in tablet form. There are natural ingredients from plant extract. No any side effect as there are natural. Dunt go for synthetic. This is not good for your baby.

@Jasminewanted to send you a private message but can't. You can check out Joy Garden at Jurong Safra. Menu $20++ and $25++ and they have a number of ballrooms so even if you try to book when u pop, shouldn't be a problem
happy.gif

Remember my waterbag was burst when reached hospital..

nurse told me no need to take epidural

Back