advice hotel at Hong Kong?

caca

Anyone can advice me which website to book Hong Kong hotel cheapest?

Any sugguestion which hotel is in good location near MTR and cheap?

hi, Caca,
Will u be interested in Novotel Nathan Kowloon Hotel? The hotel just renovated in Apr 08, heard lotsa of good comments, and is near to Jordon MTR too.

Hi Lill,
How much u getting for Shamrock?

Hey..its my daily routine to check all this..
Try Metropark Mongkok...located at Tsim Sha Tsui...Near MTR and shoppiing area...

Hi Paulsjaz

Have you stayed in Metropark Mongkok before ? Is the room big ? Ï've tentatively booked at L'Nina at Tsuen Wan. Saw quite a good review thru this forum and the room is big with 2 queen bed but it's a little far from Kowloon.

Hi lill, thanks for your advice. I'm actually looking for a room that can accomodate 5 pple as i'll be travelling with my hubby and 3 young kids. So far, i've checked, most of the hotels rooms are very small and for bigger room, will be very ex.. L'lina have 2 queen beds and the rate is around S$150/nite.

Mummies, is it advisable to go to HK during CNY? Im thinking ill be packed, but then was thinking that there will be several celebrations we can attend to during CNY in HK. any suggestions/comments?

jessel

You can expect a nice fire work on the 2nd night of CNY at the Victoria Harbour as it's an annual event, but I hv to warn u that it's gonna be super packed at TST area cos lotsa ppl wld go there and watch the fireworks live and there wld be massive road closure. The firework show last abt 30 mins which is quite facinating.

U hv to think twice about going to HK during CNY,esp. if u plan to bring your kids. Cos it can get REALLY cold. I went there with my 2 kids (4 and 1 then) during CNY this year (Jan 08) and the weather during the 10 days we were there was super freezing cold and temp was hovering at less than 10 deg C daily, my 2 kids fell sick on the 3rd day till they reached home a week later. And my relatives there who are true blue hongkies are telling me that this coming CNY cld be another very cold one. This also lead to another problem - ur luggage. U may need to waste a lot of space just to pack in bulky winter wear cos u hv to get ready for sudden temp change. I have to say that the HK obvervatory has not been the most accuratte observatory on earth.

And do be mindful that altho food is no longer a problem during the 1st few days of CNY, the restaurants that stay open wld charge for a surchrage and u cld be paying twice for a bowl of noodle compared to what it costs normally. But u can always go to the tursty old McDonald's...

I wld say that unless u can adapt to sudden change of temp very well, you may be better off to go HK during Jul or Aug when they are having summer sales.

Hope that helps!
happy.gif

Anybody been there during Apr? Can advise the weather, though weather forecasts stated tt its about 25 degrees.
Can advise the places to visit? Especially for kids about 2-3yrs old.

Thks!

juz backie from hk. cold there at night. temp about 19 to 23 degrees.. if windy, colder. kids will fall sick easily. bring warm but layered clothing!!

btw i managed to secure 3 extra tix entry to ocean park. conditions are usage for either adult or child any day, from june 1st to june 31st. would like to let go @ 50% OF ocean park's entrance fee of ~42 sgd. Interested parties pls PM me asap.

Stayed at Holiday Inn (Nathan Road @ Kowloon). Super convenient cos its right next to the MRT entrance at Mody Road :)

There's a 7-11 and Guardian (Wan Ning) right next to it in case of emergencies. The hotel is surrounded by shopping centres and shops as well.

Ladies' Street is a must, so don't bother going to Temple Street cos the stuff there is more expensive and less variety.

Stanley Market is good for kids' clothes. But to get the best deals, one would have to scour the streets around, cos there will be many shops having major discounts.

There's a very nice Disney shop along Jordan Road that sells all sorts of Disney stuff at very reasonable prices.

For good dimsum, Jade Restaurant is the best so far (better than Tang Dynasty/Tang Chao). There's one at Star House (End of Canton Road, near the famous Clock Tower). Its walking distance from Holiday Inn but with kids/pram it might be better to take a bus there (drop at the bus terminal).

Hi

Not sure if this thread still active?
Me intend to go HKG nov together of 4pax travelling, and wish to stay in a room.
Any recom as seem shamrock hotel not bad especially we got 1kid with us.

We prefer to be near the MTR.

I stayed in Excelsior in Causeway Bay with my 2 year old - just her and me, and it was extremely conveniently located. MTR nearby, shopping centres nearby, close taxi ride to the airport express train, local eateries near by for breakfast. But the rooms are small so I think 4 pax in a room might be a squeeze.

Another hotel I've stayed in is Hotel Nikko Hong Kong in Tsim Tsa Tsui East. Not as convenient as Excelsior in terms of location but the room size makes up for it so 4 pax will be comfortable in one room. The hotel runs a free bus shuttle to various locations in Tsim Tsa Tsui and Star Ferry - bus runs in a loop every half hour. If you miss that, then a taxi to Star Ferry is about 5 minutes away and between HK$18 and HK$22. I get to HK via the Star Ferry as my daughter likes to ride the ferry across. But the hotel shuttle bus will drop you off a the MTR station too (or you can walk there - I've walked to the Star Ferry with her in a stroller too). It was also just my daughter and me at this hotel so the locations, etc is totally manageable. The free airport express bus shuttle also stops at this hotel which was convenient for us to get to the airport.

Hi Stacie, I planning to go HK next yr ard Mar'12, thinking that the weather whether my son can take it or not? r u booked thru agency or booked it online?if thru agency how much u hv spend? which agency?can share?

I stayed at Langham Place Mongkok. Convenient and the hotel is new & cosy. Shopping and food in very convenient!

Back