Advice - Enrichment class for 1 yr old

alae_913

hi...

My boy currently 10 mths old and would like to enrol him on classes when he turns one.

Anyone can advise whether which class is better?

GUG, LNT, Shichida or others???

Hi, my baby start LNT since he was 1 yr, so far i found that he improve abit in his focus and some motoring skills and he enjoy it.

Both of your child still in LNT?

Somebody mention that LNT having financial prob is it true?

as compare w shichida which is better?? any one advise.

hi Mummies,

I hear LNT is having some management issue. Does it seems to affect you? I made a reservation at LNT@Bukit Timah. But the school was closed w/o even informing parents. Luckily I did not make any deposits.

Which LNT did your child went to ? Mind sharing what classes did he/she takes up ?

I send my bb to My Little Genius.
My Little Genius is a brain development school and they were previously called Little Neuro Tree.
The new programme is much better than the old one as they incorporate more activities such as brain gym, flashing of words cards, storytelling and science which I think are important to my bb for exposure. Must develop my bb brain when she is young because she will be most receptive. So far I am happy with the results.

Hi...

With so many schools in the market, I am faced with so many choices. Which one is the best? How long to we need to be in the school for? And how much is it?

Hi flower_mom, don't think there is any straightforward answers to your questions. The more I read, the more confused I'm. As you rightly pointed out, there are just soooo many schools in the market. I will just go by words of mouths, may be try out trial classes and see which one my kid seems to enjoy more. Price-wise: all not cheap, expect at least about $40 for trial clases. :p

Hi pringles_gem, thanks for your advice! Ya, all these schools are making me soooo confused, so many choices but dunno which one is good. Sigh, I guess each has their strengths... Anyway will check the more popular ones out and share my thoughts once I get the relevant info!
happy.gif

Hi piglet_kfc, am interested to know more about my little genius. Anywhere near Sengkang so i can drop by to take a look? thanks!

my girl went shichida, my boy went LNT...haven't gone to try My Little Genius when it converted...but i heard from my friend its much better. Anyone been to their open house?

Hi,my gal has been attending Right Brilliance @ Toa Payoh Lor 6 @ HSR building..
Those are former teachers from Shichida.

I think its pretty good & in terms of cost is lower than Shichia & LNT.

Hi beezymummy, I went to their open house last week and one teachers showed us the materials. Looks good so I am going to try for one term first. I am starting on 9 Apr. Did you go for the open house?

Great! Thanks all moms for sharing .. Shall try to enroll my girl to MLG and Right Brillance for trial classes.

Any mom bring your child to language class ?

Julia gabriels received quite a few good feedback on their programmes too. Has any mom tried the school ?

Hi Mummies,

Read from some of the post that some of you send your children to My Little Genius...

Any feedback? Did your child pick up anything from the program?

Thinking of sending one of my child there. Is it good?

Thx!
KZY8

Hi kzy8,

my girl has been attending MLG for a few mths. So far has seen her improving on her photography memory skills and she's seems to be enjoying her class!

I practice the reading words with her and she has picked up quite a few of the words.

She's always telling me she wanna go to school...

btw, they're having a National Day promo until end of Aug. You can go explore and maybe make use of it.

Thx beezymummy!

i juz called them up and the staff told me they hv a open house next wk on 27 & 28 Aug.
i'll go and find out more at the open house
happy.gif

Discovery Garden near Ang Mo Kio seems not bad. Can try and see if your bb likes it. Am thinking of enrolling my bb there next month.

Just took bb our from Jwt gym, that place was terrible. I enrolled bb for 3 months in the Global Playgroup, but took her put after first month.

The staff whom were mainly Malays did not speak proper English, and I was afraid my bb going to end up speaking poor English. Furthermore, when we attended the first class, we realized that there is only one other child on that so called "playgroup", hence there was little opportunity for interaction with other kids. What made matters worse was that despite the class starting at 9.30am, the other child was always half an hour late.

One would think that the class would commence at the designated tine but no. We were told each week to wait till the other child arrives before class is able to commence, shocking but true.

I do this to my child. I play with her then be mindful on the games that she is having a hard time. She is not good at remembering stuffs. So I searched for online classes or school that caters to that specific problem. I mean starting young in enhancing your child in a certain skill will definitely help them as they grow.

Back