Adjusting to motherhood

littlejo

This topic dun often get discussed openly as it seems to make us look like bad mothers. I've been feeling overwhelmed by my new life after i've given birth to healthy baby boy this jan. I've been married for 8 years and had been trying to have a baby for almost past 3 years via natural or artificial methods. Last May, i was pregnant naturally. It was such a miracle given the fact that i had low ovarian reserve.

My baby is healthy and unfortunately, I'm not being able to provide him with breastmilk due to certain reasons. I had a long struggle over this and now i feel somehow unable to fully enjoy his presence which is making feel like I'm bad mother. I feel unsafe and at times anxious and a bit of burden at home with left alone at home. Currently I'm not working but intend to find a iob soon. It's conflicting but i enjoy bringing him out to meet my mum and walk around at shopping mall. I feel a sense of calmness even if i have to take the trouble to travel out and bringing all the baby necessities.

Do any of you feel this way too?

Congratulations! Btw you are a terrific Mother! You can enjoy being with and caring for your little one regardless of whether you breastfeed or not. Many of us grew up fine on formula milk.

Don't believe all the well meaning n sometimes unwanted advises from others. Whatever solution that seems to suit your family situation is likely the best one. What worked for others may not be the best solution for your family.

Hang out more with people in your trusted circle.
Whatever activity that gives you peace n joy, do more of those. happy Mom equals happy child.

Hi littlejo,
I second timmerin, do whatever that gives you peace and joy with your baby. If going out makes you feel better, do it.

I am in the same boat somewhat. I have become a SAHM since the birth of my baby last September, with no help from my in-laws or family. They only want to play with baby occasionally but have no interest to help me out. I struggled a lot at first, especially during confinement period when I was still recovering from the birth. After the confinement lady left and my husband was back to work, I was home alone caring for my newborn baby. Those early weeks are not easy but you will be better at it because you will learn to understand your baby :) My advice is to do what makes you comfortable. I also go out to shopping malls a lot with my baby because I feel better, and baby also enjoys looking around.

Yes, It feels hard at first time but when time passes everything went well but as you find little time for yourself you will be happy

Back