Actual bill size at Mount Elizabeth Novena via normal delivery with epi

Dear mummies, can anyone advice on the total amount paid for natural delivery at Mount Elizabeth Novena with epidural? (Including gynae's fee etc)

My edd is 19 Dec and it's my first pregnancy. Going for my first check up today with dr Wendy teo.

Last edited:

Dear mummies, can anyone advice on the total amount paid for natural delivery at Mount Elizabeth Novena with epidural? (Including gynae's fee etc)

My edd is 19 Dec and it's my first pregnancy. Going for my first check up today with dr Wendy teo.
Hello there,

Normal delivery with epidural at Mount E novena in the single ward costs about $3.9k. This excludes gynae, anathetist, Pediatrician charges and lodger fees for hubby (if he is bunking in with u) and varies from patient to patient depending on ur doctors charges.

Best to check with your gynae on his/her delivery charges. Usually, the clinic will provide u with info on estimated anathetist and pediatrician charges as the doctors work in a team.

Hi Bernice,

I'm seeing Dr Teo at Mt E Novena as well. She gave you her price list right? It is also informative to go for a maternity ward tour as they will explain clearly what the charges include and exclude. I'm also expecting my first in Dec :)

Hi,

I just went for my first scan few days ago, haven't gotten the price list from her. Same same, but mine Edd changed to 14 dec. haha. Have u went for the ward tour? how was it? Do u know roughly how much cash we have to fork out for delivery inclusive of everything?

For the maternity package with dr teo I've called n checked before n was told that it's $900 starting from 16 weeks. Wondering if I will be able to take the package on my next appointment since I'll be 16 weeks by then.

Last edited:
Hi again!
My edd is 29 dec, so possible to be 2015 or 2016 baby :rolleyes:

Here are the charges I was quoted, including GST:

Normal delivery: $2200-2500
Instrumental delivery: $2500-2800
C-Sect: $3200-3800
Hospital visit by gynae: $200-250 per day

As for the hospital fees, you can see below. As you might already know its all single bedded :) At first I thought it was a tad pricey but after doing the tour it's hard to resist. I also like that they barely fill up the wards being so new, so it never really gets busy or hectic. I popped by the concierge after visiting Dr Teo and they had a slot that very day so we went for it. Pretty detailed explanations given for the charges. The tour also hook you up with StemCord (the clinic opposite Starbucks) if you want to know more about cord blood banking. You can call the hospital concierge to book a tour, they don't have any more Saturday slots until July, but weekdays should be quite easy. I believe it is at 2:30pm on selected weekdays.

IMG_2063.JPG
IMG_2064.JPG

Thanks for the info about the package! I wasn't told that. At my next visit it'll be my week 12, and I'll be doing the Verifi test (did she mention to you?). I'll check with her on the package from week 16 :)

Hmm not sure but at my first 12 weeks scan I took the oscar test and a blood test. And just now the clinic staff called to inform me of the test results which took only 2 days.

ya I read forums about delivering at mnh and I kinda like it here too. Seems to have more privacy and not as "crowded" like at tmc.

Can't wait for my next appt as she said might be able to tell the gender already.

Hmm not sure but at my first 12 weeks scan I took the oscar test and a blood test. And just now the clinic staff called to inform me of the test results which took only 2 days.

ya I read forums about delivering at mnh and I kinda like it here too. Seems to have more privacy and not as "crowded" like at tmc.

Can't wait for my next appt as she said might be able to tell the gender already.
hello..i just delivered at mount e novena 2 weeks ago and it was a wise decision! my gynae could deliver at tmc or mt e novena and after doing both hospital tours we decided on mt e novena as its way more spacious, quieter and its better for the mom to rest post delivery.
the nurses were really good esp those at the nursery and delivery suite. Lactation consultant eileen comes by every day to check on me on nursing and latching too. and the food tasted good, even my mom thought so too as shes worried if hosp confinement food wont taste good.
during my stay there were 6 moms in total and abt 4 to 6 nurses so its almost 1 to 1 kind of attention. at the baby nursery at max about 4 babies with 2 nurses...so response and attention from the nurses are quite undivided. hope this helps. :)

hello..i just delivered at mount e novena 2 weeks ago and it was a wise decision! my gynae could deliver at tmc or mt e novena and after doing both hospital tours we decided on mt e novena as its way more spacious, quieter and its better for the mom to rest post delivery.
the nurses were really good esp those at the nursery and delivery suite. Lactation consultant eileen comes by every day to check on me on nursing and latching too. and the food tasted good, even my mom thought so too as shes worried if hosp confinement food wont taste good.
during my stay there were 6 moms in total and abt 4 to 6 nurses so its almost 1 to 1 kind of attention. at the baby nursery at max about 4 babies with 2 nurses...so response and attention from the nurses are quite undivided. hope this helps. :)
Hi, whimsical, may i know how much is ur total bill charged? N whether its normal delivery or csect? Ill b hving csect for my twins in the coming week. Thx

Hi, whimsical, may i know how much is ur total bill charged? N whether its normal delivery or csect? Ill b hving csect for my twins in the coming week. Thx
Hi ellesie

I did normal delivery with epidural and assisted vacuum.
The total bill was around

i did natural delivery with epidural for 3d2n and i extended one more night to monitor her jaundice.
baby nursery cost 1160. child paediatrician 1000 for 4d3n. total 2170 which i could use half frm medisave.
my gynae fee was 4500 as i had assisted vacuum. and also dr lim who did epidural was 600. then hospital charges for 4d3n was 4k in total. total all in all abt 9.8k

hope this helps. medisave can claim 3050 for delivery and hospital charges.

fyi my package was the old package as i signed up before the new pricelist effective 1st feb
i locked down the package with the previous pricing which was 8 per cent cheaper than the current price list. delivered in may 2015.

@whimsicalfix85 congrats on your recent delivery! :) Hope mommy and baby are doing well!
Thanks for all the useful info, lots of additional charges to bear in mind, appreciate it.

Hi,

For the maternity package with dr teo I've called n checked before n was told that it's $900 starting from 16 weeks. Wondering if I will be able to take the package on my next appointment since I'll be 16 weeks by then.

Hi Bernice,

Did you continue with Dr Teo? I asked about the package today and was quoted $1000 starting from 16 weeks :(

@haruharu Nope :( After considering have decided to switch to kkh to save on the delivery bill for baby instead. Got to cancel my appointment with Wendy's clinic which is on the 3rd July.

Hi Ellesie, can I check with you if you need to pay extra fee for hubby lodging in with you?

Its chargeable if hubby lodging. $97 per night. But my hubby din lodge in as he needs to take care my gal at home

Hello there,

Normal delivery with epidural at Mount E novena in the single ward costs about $3.9k. This excludes gynae, anathetist, Pediatrician charges and lodger fees for hubby (if he is bunking in with u) and varies from patient to patient depending on ur doctors charges.

Best to check with your gynae on his/her delivery charges. Usually, the clinic will provide u with info on estimated anathetist and pediatrician charges as the doctors work in a team.

Hi Twirlycandy, I am thinking of between mount e novena and mount A at the moment. Are you ok to share with me your actual bill via email please?

Thanks!!!

fyi my package was the old package as i signed up before the new pricelist effective 1st feb
i locked down the package with the previous pricing which was 8 per cent cheaper than the current price list. delivered in may 2015.

@whimsicalfix85 , can I check with u if u took the package or took the non-package service? Can u share ur actual bill with me as I want to see how the structure of the bill (is there any breakdown in the bill? E.g room rate, nursery bed charges, clinical consumable & supply & etc) as my insurer wants the breakdown bill in order for me to entitle certain amount of reimbursement. But mount E novena told me the bill will not have any breakdown and it will only show mother & bb package price that's all. Hence, do u mind to share ur actual bill with me? Thanks!

@whimsicalfix85 , can I check with u if u took the package or took the non-package service? Can u share ur actual bill with me as I want to see how the structure of the bill (is there any breakdown in the bill? E.g room rate, nursery bed charges, clinical consumable & supply & etc) as my insurer wants the breakdown bill in order for me to entitle certain amount of reimbursement. But mount E novena told me the bill will not have any breakdown and it will only show mother & bb package price that's all. Hence, do u mind to share ur actual bill with

Hi I've relocated to another country I don't have the bill with me. But the bill definitely has the breakdown on surgery fees, delivery fees, hospital fees, consumables like disposable underwear/maternity loop pads etc. I took their package. They can't bill you just one lump sum without u knowing the exact breakdown. Thanks.

Hi @whimsicalfix85, I c I c... Ya, I also wonder why they told me the bill will only have 1 lump sum..I called mount E twice today to clarify (pick up by the same person) and he advised me that only lump sum amount will appear in the bill without breakdown -_-|||

Thanks so much for sharing! I will call n clarify again tomorrow hopefully they can advise me correctly. Thanks again!

Hi @whimsicalfix85, I c I c... Ya, I also wonder why they told me the bill will only have 1 lump sum..I called mount E twice today to clarify (pick up by the same person) and he advised me that only lump sum amount will appear in the bill without breakdown -_-|||

Thanks so much for sharing! I will call n clarify again tomorrow hopefully they can advise me correctly. Thanks again!
I think u can call and tell the person that u would need to see the breakdown to claim for insurance, they should understand. Btw when u sign for the package u don't see the breakdown. The breakdown comes only when u are discharged from the hospital after delivery. So maybe that's where the confusion may have happened during your conversation with the hospital person.

Hi, mine hospital charges cost 5k plus. Dr fee is 6.4k. Pd charges is 1k per bb. So total before deduct medisave is about 13k.

Hi @ellesie , were u took the package or non-package service? do u mind to share your actual bill with me as I would like to have a look at the billing structure (is there any breakdown e.g nursery bed charges, room charges, clinical consumable & supply indicate in the bill for package?) thanks in advance..

I think u can call and tell the person that u would need to see the breakdown to claim for insurance, they should understand. Btw when u sign for the package u don't see the breakdown. The breakdown comes only when u are discharged from the hospital after delivery. So maybe that's where the confusion may have happened during your conversation with the hospital person.

Ya,I told him I need to claim for insurance but he still insist that the final bill will not have any breakdown and I have to take up the non-package if I want to have the breakdown in the final bill :(

Hi ellesie

I did normal delivery with epidural and assisted vacuum.
The total bill was around

i did natural delivery with epidural for 3d2n and i extended one more night to monitor her jaundice.
baby nursery cost 1160. child paediatrician 1000 for 4d3n. total 2170 which i could use half frm medisave.
my gynae fee was 4500 as i had assisted vacuum. and also dr lim who did epidural was 600. then hospital charges for 4d3n was 4k in total. total all in all abt 9.8k

hope this helps. medisave can claim 3050 for delivery and hospital charges.

Can i check with you who's your doctor?

Back