Activities to recommend during school holidays

jg1

Hi mummies

Would u hv any activities to recommend either daily or weekly for kids during their school holidays? Play group closing for 1.5 month, boy will be bored staying at home all day with no frens except helper and aged mil, any recommendation?

Thks.

how old is your child? there is a chinese camp for 3yrs old under mindchamp, think is call kidstart, I wanted to send my girl but is in kallang so I drop the idea as too far. you can check out heartstudio is a art school in thomson area, my girl goes there for weekly lesson and she is doing great.

Hi Springong,

Can share with me your experience at Upper Thomson HeartStudio? Who is the teacher for your girl?
Has your girl been a student for long? I find their fees pretty expensive for such young ages. My boy is 4 next year and thinking to enrol him for the art class at Heartstudio but not sure if I need to spend so much for art class?

Hi Springong,

Can share with me your experience at Upper Thomson HeartStudio? Who is the teacher for your girl?
Has your girl been a student for long? I find their fees pretty expensive for such young ages. My boy is 4 next year and thinking to enrol him for the art class at Heartstudio but not sure if I need to spend so much for art class?

hi, when I was searching for a art school for my girl she was only 3, so I got not much choices, most school starts from 4. anyway from the first trial class she likes it n so we stay on. for 3 to 4yrs there is only 1 teacher, teacher Syafid n kids just are fond of him, my girl looks forward to class. fees are charged by term of 10 lessons, $400 for weekday classes, $450 for weekend classes, $50 1 time registration fee. 1hr 15mins each session.
I was impressed with my girl's work from the very first lesson, for someone who used her fist to hold pencil can sketch a cat based on instructions,wow n her diligent to work in the hour was pleasing to me, at the 3rd lesson she did painting of the cat which was very nice, i try to attached it here. btw the drawing done by herself nothing by the teacher, the teacher guide like asking her to draw triangles for the ears, when she cant draw something he will dot it out and she joined the dots. now my girl after 2 term, holds a pencil correctly, loves colouring n can spend longer time on her own colouring her work, I see patient n confidence developed here. checkout their facebook Heart Studio Singapore, n you see the works of the children, each piece is beautiful.

hi sorry I cud not attached the picture of the painting, it said file too big n I not it savy enough to know how tom do something abt it, there is global art and crestar, reasonable price can check out.

If your helper and mil can help entertain the kid, you can consider checking out some activities that you can do at home and plan out to do some per day. When I was staying overseas with my toddler, I couldn't go out everyday and checked Pinterest.com for ideas for toddlers crafts and activities. There are also tons of blogs out there with ideas you can explore like this and some you can adapt to make it easier on your helper /mil.

i recommend him/her to attend some brain stimulating / training classes which have some academic content involve =) let them have fun while playing since they are still young. i am doing so for my children with this private tutor who comes to your house. she will plan out an individual learning plan for each child...

In my experience, during most of the school holidays me and my kids would rather spend some quality time and a lot of it was on camping. They are really drawn to nature, and would love to paint and draw insects, plants, anything they can see. I believe its a much more fun way to build the child's mind and at the same time nurture your relationship with the kids.

Also, please check out https://www.ecomrubberstamps.co.uk/ they got some neat stamp accessories you can choose especially for kid's arts and crafts activities!

Hi all! If you guys are interested in sending your child to do some interesting sports during the school holidays, you can try fencing! My child does fencing and i feel that it was pretty good for her in terms of discipline and focus wise which has been reflected in school. Asgard fencing will be running a recruitment camp in November so do try to sign your kid up for that cause i think it's a super cool sport :) This is the link to their FB page:

Back