Acne cream safe for pregnancy

Keepingfaith

Hi mummies/mummies-to-be,
I am having an outbreak and would like to seek your advice on what acne cream/solution will be safe to use during pregnancy?
I was using paula's choice BHA 2% salicylic acid topically previously and read online that it is best to avoid. Although my gynae said its fine to use, but ive stopped just to be on the safe side. would really appreciate if any of you could recommend me a safe product! Thanks in advance!!!

My gynae advise me to walk in to the national skin centre to control my acne .
I went to Temasak Medical Centre at b.batok to see doctor Janet to get some product safe for pregnancy instead.
I see improvement to my skin although not fully clear.

I read few points on the internet to treat acne-
- Wash problem areas with a gentle cleanser. Avoid certain products, such as facial scrubs, astringents and masks because they tend to irritate skin.
- Don't use oily or greasy cosmetics, sunscreens or acne concealers.
- A survey shows that use of massage palper-rouler from this website can be useful in treating acne.
- Avoid irritants. Use products labeled water-based or noncomedogenic. They are less likely to cause acne.

Hi mummies/mummies-to-be,
I am having an outbreak and would like to seek your advice on what acne cream/solution will be safe to use during pregnancy?
I was using paula's choice BHA 2% salicylic acid topically previously and read online that it is best to avoid. Although my gynae said its fine to use, but ive stopped just to be on the safe side. would really appreciate if any of you could recommend me a safe product! Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Ladies, do check out this product in Qoo10.sg/shop/Ilovenatural, They sell Bio active Emu oil and Down to earth clear skin gel. Currently, i am using the clear skin gel which is organic and it have help me to clear mu Acne problem. Do check it out and their are reviews too.

I am desperate. My acne is out of control. It sounds simple, but my midwife advised me to just make sure I am thoroughly washing my face morning and night, keeping my hands off my face, regularly washing my pillowcase, and disinfecting my cell phone daily. She also said a face wash with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid(I order it here http://www.rx-discountcoupons.com/pharmacies/sale-pharm-com/) is fine to try. I am going to use her suggestions and see if it gets any better.

In pregnancy, you can prevent all your skin problems like acne and stretch marks easily.
All you need to visit The Spoiled Mama. They deliver the best pregnancy skincare products. The thing I like the most is, their products are approved by OBGYN. Visit now!

Last edited:
I'm taking a product called SuperGreen for DETOX. Bought from Guardian. It helped with controlling my breakouts too.

Some you'll want to keep in mind are glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and benzoyl peroxide, which are generally considered safe. Research on glycolic acid has been limited to animals, but it's usually considered pregnancy safe because only a minimal amount is absorbed into the skin.

Back