About Transfering Maid

Hi everyone,

I have a toddler and a twins. I was encouraged by friends and few mummies here to have a maid cos I am working. I don't think I want a maid for a period of 2 years. I have a gd friend who no longer needs a maid and transfering maid. The maid has been with him for a year and so far has no problem. If I were to take his maid, it means that I only need to take the maid for a year to complete the contract? I need someone to explain to me about the contract thingy and do i need to pay agent fees etc.?... kind of lost. Thanks a lot.

You have to look for an agency, they will settle the documentations for you. You must remember to buy the maid insurance from the agency...abt $200 over but its absolutely necessary cos if she runs away and you didn't buy her insurance, you have to pay the govt $5 k. Then the other issue is... is your friend trustworthy? Cos some people say very good things abt their maid...just to transfer their maids away faster...If they sent the maid back, they have to pay for her air ticket. If the maids don't get transferred to another owner, then they continue to pay for the maid's levy... so its kind of worrying to get transfer maids nowadays...many people faces problems with transfer maids...

its also quite scary to rely on maids to take care of little children...i have plenty of personal experience to share....Think twice and take care

Hm..... have your friend left her kids with the maid alone before?

I have bad experience with maids and have decided to do without them once and for all
happy.gif

Hi, sometimes we don't have a choice but to take maids to look after our kids. Currently I have a boy and going to have another EDD aug 09. SO I decided to take another maid to do housework. Usually I take philipino maid cos I felt that if they don't like they will tell u. Unlike indonesian, old pp and some employers will like cos Indo maids usually don't argue and have no off day. But can u imagine that they will keep to themselves and after tat u will not know what will happen. As far as I observe I have seen like mostly the ones in troubled are usually indo not philipinas. Maids all by luck. My current maid is very lousy with her housework but good in childcare. Of cos not the fantastic type. But at least she is quite reliable. sometimes we have to open one eyes and close. No choice. We can't expect them to do everything. As long they know their responsibility can liao.

To me, I like to take transfer maid. Cos sometimes the maid maybe good but meet lousy employer of cos there are other wise. But is so much easier cos we are able to see them in person. Of cos they can pretend to be like an angel when you interview them. Usually I will scare them with like i have 3 cars and she gonna work in a big house bla bla bla. Observe her reaction. Some will be a bit reluctant to accept. So from here u can see their facial expressions.

like my maid.I also treat her very well.one eye open one eye close,cos if without her help.I also very headache.

hello ladies,

i just like to share my experiences here,i have been having maids for the past 2 year and i had to change quite a few before i got my current 1..my 1st was indonesian and new to Singapore. she was so unhygenic, she wouldnt brush her teeth in the mornings, even showers I had to prompt her to do so..once i got so fed up cause she changed my dog's pee pee pan and didnt wash her hands after that and immediatley wanted to cook lunch for me..i was pregnant that time so i decided to send her back to agent..

the 2nd transfer maid was also indonesian, she was with her last employer for 10 years and reason for not wanting her was she was shouting at the kids and talking back to the employer..but the agent gave me a different story, saying she was owed $$ and so got fed up with the family..I took her in cause of her good track record but u know she was quite scary, always talking and giggling to herself whenever she is doing chores and not sleeping at night..my dad said he got a shock couple of times as she would sit in the kitchen at 3 or 4 plus in the mornings, in the dark in the kitchen doing nothing..got 1 time after my delivery, she jus picked up my baby without permission and wouldnt pass him back to me only after asking her 2x. i had to get my mum to tell her not to touch the baby without my permission, and she ended up going to the baby room secretly and just stand there staring at him for sometime until someone came to check on him..she would then cry and laugh at diffrent times of the day, very weird..i told the agent to take her back cause she was behaving too eratic..

3rd was was filipino and she was good in cleaning, a lovely gal.. but i found out that she was leaving the house secretly whenever we were not home and quite a number of my things went missing..she couldnt answer when i questioned her so i couldnt keep her.

4th was a transfer filipino as well and she was a terror..with me onli 1 week, 1st day she came to my home, she started demanding additional day offs in a mth, to allow hp to talk to her boyfriend, she kept my mum's clothes in her drawer saying thought it was hers, once i saw her give my son (onli 7 mths and was in the walker) a loud "WHAT" and "diao him with her eyes"..i heard from my agent that she went to another employer home, again only within 3 days, was caught on camera wanting to do something to the children..eventually she was banned from working in singapore..

so i think we must always becareful with maids, sometimes its not that we dun wan to trust them but they come all the way here to work for peanuts and this is not their home or their children, i dun think they will really care about our children's welfare and upbringin..i actually sold off my condo and gave up my job just to be a stay at home mum, i still have a maid and so far she is working out well, we treat all our maids well, letting them eat with us, bring them out when we go shopping, etc..but there is a line that cant be crossed when they go too far..

Hi All,

Just want to share my bad experience with you all here. Lately I've just had encounter with this maid agency named "Jrs Business Express Pte Ltd" located at 420 North Bridge Road, lady boss by the name of Naty. I shan't say what happened as its a long story. All I can say is this maid agency is not honest and truthful. Understand that all agency will sometimes make mistakes, this agency made mistakes never mind, but she refused to bear responsibility for what she had done, instead started being very unreasonable..
The mistakes she made is not something small, she did not handle matters the legal and correct way in the eyes of the MOM, plus all the advices she gave are all wrong (found out after checking with the other maid agencies.)
And when she is being confronted by it, she pushed to all the people she can find to put the blame on.
In the beginning, she sounded so sincere, promise you a lot of things, but once anything goes wrong, all that she promised, she will tell you that it's not possible to do this and that anymore, take it or leave it! She even send an SMS to threaten me. I was so shocked that she will do such things.

Well, there's nothing that I can do now, I can only share my experience with you and hope that this will stop people from having the same fate as me, please pass this on to all your friends before it is too late.

Hi, I have a maid for transfer. But she will be only be available after mid sept this year. As I am waiting for my son to reach 18months before I can let her go. She is the main care giver for my son, and during the day i left my son alone with her while me and papa goes to work. So far she's fine. she teaches plays, sings and teaches him stuffs.

If you are interested, please pm me. Thanks!

Hi I have a filipino maid to transfer. She is good with childcare n housework. Has been with me since nov 08. I should say she is good. Reason y I wanna give her up is because my elder gal is in childcare n I will be quitting my job to take care of my younger gal. Hence will not be needing the extra help. Initially got her cos I thought the extra help would be good, was pregnant then but now realized there is really nothing much she can do that I
cannot cope with hence after July when her loan is completed, I
wanna be maidless to relieve myself financially too. She is rather hardworking n clean. She mainly cleans my 5room flat, cooks n does the laundry. As I m a rather possessive mummy, I like to be handson with my children. But she is good with kids n does her part to ensure their well being. Pls pm me if u are interested.

Hi janjanx and Tan SL,

I know it's been a while since your posts but may I know if your maids are still available. Am desperately looking for one as I am planning to send my current maid back. Pls email me at [email protected]. Thanks.

Erm...anyone else got good maids to transfer?

Same for me, if anyone knows of any good maids for transfer, please PM me or sms at 96212090.

Indo or Filipino is not an issue, but I prefer those more homely and humble type. My current Filipino maid loves to use handphone and going out. Must speak and understand English (fairly well is ok).

Please recommend if you have, great thanks
happy.gif

Hi all, i need advice as to whether is a common practice that i need to pay $10 each day for accomodation and food if i return my maid who has come but we find her totally unsuitable to work for us, besides, the levy that i need to pay.

And is there a time limit for this as my agent MDS in katong SC says, i will have to pay till the maid is transferred.

Hi all,

I am urgently looking for a DH, pref. filipino. Please PM me if you have a good maid available.

No agents please.

Thanks

hi mummies

kindly assist

My current maid is due to complete her contract in December. I need to look for a good reliable maid to replace her anytime from now ... my intention is for the new maid to "parallel" my current maid for 2 months before she heads off.

Jobscope:
- Main Task is to provide childcare duties like bathing, feeding , cooking for the kids (2 preschool kids)
- General household duties (laundry, ironing, cooking, cleaning)
- Family of 4 (me, my husband & my 2 kids)

Anyone who is letting go of your reliable maid or knows of relatives/friends who may be letting go of their reliable maids, please email me [email protected]

Hi Mummies..
Me too..is there any good maids available out there for transfer ..appreciate your help very much . Please PM me .

Thanks .

hi Mummies,

I intend to release my Filipino maid in Oct/Nov 2010. She has been with my family for 3 years, no more loan. I will stop working for a period of time, so I am letting her go to reduce the financial burden of the family.

But not sure the procedure of transferring maid. Can anyone advise? Thanks.

Hi Febnov,

Firstly, you must find her a prospective employer. If you think that she is a good maid, worth of your efforts to transfer her to a good family. you may post at Tamarind's blog at : http://singaporemaid.blogspot.com/2010/03/maids-available-for-transfer.html

Once the prospective employer is determined, you just need to sign a transfer form with your consent to transfer your maid. The prospective employer may apply online at MOM website. Please ensure that your maid's passport is still valid and her medical check up, if due has been done and result has been send and updated at MOM's system. The prospective employer can then apply online, it takes one working day for approval.

Thanks coyoterfr00 for your advice.

My maid has left Singapore as she decided to go other country to work.

Thanks for all PMs.

hi i have an indo maid who is with me for 3 yrs. Previously she worked in SIN for 2yrs. so total 5 yrs experience in SIN
she still wan to continue working in spore. I dun need her already. let me know if u are keen, i can release her immediately else i will send her back cos her WP is expiring soon
Sms me if you are looking for maid
she can take care of old and look after toddlers. good in general housework

This mge only valid till 20 Nov 2010
happy.gif

Would like to share your comments if your maid beat your kid, would you give her a chance to stay or transfer her out?

Hi,

I am looking for transfer maid for baby and housework.
please contact me at 92325782
fresh maids oso can. prefer no off days and no hps.

Do not use this agent: 'Premium Management Services" @ Parklane Shopping Mall. They do not keep their words and especially especially payments.

I'm releasing my Indo maid, she's with me for 6m, no Hp no off days, she's obedient but I dun find her suitable for my premature baby, maybe I'm just asking too much. She is ok with cooking n housework, more suitable taking care of toddlers n older. PM me if interested.

Hi,
if you found your maid have below offence, you can feedback to MOM to avoid she come back S'pore again.

Feedback on Foreign Domestic Worker’s Conduct

An Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) is expected to comply with Singapore's rules and regulations. The Government takes a serious view of FDWs who break the law or misbehave themselves.
For Penal Code-related Offences
If a Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) is suspected of committing an offence (e.g. theft, child-abuse/elderly-abuse, threatening/harassing employer/family members, bringing strangers into her employer’s house without her employer’s consent) under the Penal Code, the employer should:
• Make a police report immediately; and
• Email a scanned copy of the police report to [email protected]. Please attention the email to Controller of Work Passes.

For Violation of Work Permit Conditions
Employers can provide feedback on their FDWs via email at [email protected]. The feedback should be attention to the Controller of Work Passes.
MOM will review the feedback given and take the appropriate action against the worker. The Ministry will only place the worker on an employment ban if she is charged and found guilty of an offence under Singapore laws, including offences under the Penal Code and the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act.

mommies here can advise me on the followings?

1. if i had confirm to take one transfer maid who is currently at the agency, am i liable to pay for her levy even when the proper documentation of transfer is still pending?

2. i was told the previous employer of this transfer maid is willing to pay for 2 weeks of levy for her to find another employer. but the 2 weeks is almost up and our documentation of transfer is still pending approval at MOM due to some issues, may need another week or so. during this one week period of waiting time, who bears her levy?
a) ex-employer
b) new employer but not documentation done yet
c) agency

3. while this maid is being placed at the agency pending approval of her transfer application, is the new employer (while waiting for approval from MOM) suppose to bear her cost of lodging and food at the agency?

APPRECIATE URGENT FEEDBACK on these issues as I cannot get a specific answers from MOM Website, current agent (vomit blood talking to them and as they keep pushing all responsibility to me and even made very crude/rude/uncalled for remarks!) and other agency also unwilling to provide more info as they dun gain anything from sharing.
sad.gif

pls PM me if you know what we should do.
thanks!!!

Hi

I have some maid levy issues and hooe to get some advices here.

I have just transferred a maid out and she had already found her 2nd employer. May i know do i pay the maid levy till the work permit was cancelled or till she found her next employers.

Hi Shan, as I know you are liable for the levy until she is transfer to new employer.

I have a Filipino maid for transfer. She has been working for me for the past 4 years, salary $400 and no off day but weekly time off 2 hours to call her home and sundry shopping. She is a hardworking person but has a selective hearing, cannot hear sometime when call her even at distance of 2m and like to pretend to be sick such as chest pain & cough and request to see doctor. She request to have higher salary also and I cannot afford her anymore as I m a SAHM since last year.

Pls email or pm if interested.

Back