About BREASTFEEDING

sootykatz
wa... your MIL really one pattern leh... can tell ppl off and yet she herself dont practise it... but it's really difficult to tell her off lor...

you know hor .. tat time also .. my mum seriously down with flu and cough... and wore a mask too ... cos she scare the bacteria will spread to my gal too .. then u know lah.. cough will take quite awhile to recover one.. so after flu recover liao and she still having cough, she din wear mask liao... but she tried not to get close to bb or carry the bb lor although she sometimes will still bathe my gal cos tat time she scared i get too stress up over it... so i also dare not ask her to put on mask cos i know that wearing a mask is not comfy at all lor... difficult to breathe too . somemore I had to rely on her to help me take care of bb too leh...

actually the 1st time that i have gone out 5 hours without pumping, my breast also engorged and pain like siao leh... but for me, once i get used to it... the body seems to be able to adjust it as well... and now also am relieved that I can skip one less pumping at nite and able to take it.... then like tat if my bb wakes up or wat, i can still take care of her without being too tired... although the initial phase when I started to skip the pumping, my breast really super engorged and pain lor... so i still have to do the pumping but extend to longer period of time, so more or less the body gets used to it... so now during the daytime, i will pump 4 hourly... and night last pumping is 11pm so that my morning 1st pumping can be 6pm.. it really works leh... and this will not clash with my gal's feeding in case she wakes up.. but occassionally will still clash and my hubby gotta wake up to feed her lor...

I also have tried to feed her more for her last feed, but she dont wanna finish it leh.. sometimes she will finish her usual daytime feeding i.e. 120ml... or sometimes she drinks even lesser... so early morning, she may wake up for 1st feed....

cljl
aiyo... the nightmare is when our kids are sick and not feeling well....

like the diarrhoea medicine, i also gotta force open my gal's mouth and insert in the syringe with the liquid... And their appetite is super jialet also.. they wont wan to drink much since they arent feeling well leh.. but at least got drink is ok lor... luckily now your gal has recovered... it's over already..... else the 2 of u will be super super tired already lor..

Jane
You got the same situation like me last time when my bb just born... she also latch on for 5 mins only and din wanna latch anymore and cried and cried... the moment when bottle feed her, she will finish the whole bottle... haiz... seems like the bb know how to do the easy job lor... no need to suck so much....

as what cljl as said, the cooler bag cannot last for more than 8 hours leh... so it's really best to keep in the fridge at least lor... then only when about time to go home, then u keep it in the cooler bag to bring it home....

I'm using avent double pump... Cos if you use single pump, it will take a longer time leh... which is effectively double the time... so its better to use double pump to save the time lor...

hey gals... how come you all take like 20 mins to 30 mins to pump ah?? you know what?? i only take 15 mins to pump if i pump 4 hourly leh... is it too short a time ah??? If I pump 6 hourly, then only will pump 20 to 30 mins leh...

dreamababy, not yet over ah... nt fully recovered yet lo... hubby just called me n say my gal fever up again... haiz... hope she will be well again man.. really scary leh....

abt pumpin session... my minimum is 20 mins leh... nvr 15 mins de leh... coz i wil squeeze press for the milk to com out lo.. after 15 mins i still see milk coming out, i continue to squeeze n press lo.. hehehe... last time 4 hrly i also took abt 30 mins to pump.. maybe ur pump gd leh? hahaha...

i feel my pump e suction like nt so powerful la.. bt stil can survive... mine now 6 hrly apart is 30 mins lo.. bt in office i pump 20 mins n slp 10 mins.. too tired liao...

hi gals,
am really in bad luck all bad things just seems to happen to me.. just as i was describing my 1st experience of breast engorgement i had recurrent engorgement again yesterday even though i didn't miss a feed.

bb hasn't been sucking well ever since he's been having stuffy nose.. as a result breast not empty probably and i dun have time to express at all

really couldn't express any milk out despite latching bb many times. went kk yesterday the nurse tried to massage but in so much pain she couldn't do much.. going to see the lactate nurse later on have to bring bb along.. say they will teach me how to hold bb so he can suck better with stuffy nose

the lactate nurse sure to squeeze my breast really hard later on. prepared 3-ply tissue liao.. wish me good luck

cljl
huh?? your gal sick still ?? um... hopefully today she's well already... children getting sick are very poor thing but as parents will be super tired and exhausting also lor..

I also squeeze and press leh.... but also like 15 mins only ... maybe my milk supply not much lor...
sad.gif

hey... ask u ... do you use pacifier for your gal?? my gal hor.. seems to use pacifier quite often leh.. especially when she wants to sleep... then she will make a crying sound that she wants to be carried and wants the pacifier as well... without both, she wouldnt wanna sleep on her own leh...

as for the night sleep, have to pat her to sleep and give pacifier as well.. then sometimes when the pacifier drops off, she will cry leh until we wake up and puts the pacifier back in place leh... sometimes she drops off too often until we so tired to keep waking up to put the pacifier back to her mouth...
sad.gif
Does your gal do that too??

Oh yah.. another thing to ask too . normally what time is your gal's last feed?? Cos I realised hor, if I feed my gal at 10 plus almost 11 pm just before put her to bed, she wont wake up for feeds until morning like 6 am plus leh...

If I feed her at 9 plus, then I will do another feed again at 12 am plus when she's already asleep so that she wont wake up for feeds for the rest of the nite leh.. else she will cry for milk around 3 or 4 am ...

So I'm thinking whether how to work out is the best leh... When your gal already asleep for the nite, do you still feed her leh?? or just leave her alone until she cries for feed during the nite??

And normally what time you will bring your bb to sleep for the nite?? I read somewhere that the bb best time for nitesleep is 7 pm and 8.30pm leh.. but tat time my gal is always awake leh.. and will only sleep when I pat her to sleep at 10 plus pm leh.. will tat be too late for her and not having ample sleep ah cos may passed tat 'prime' time to sleep liao... and I realised also that she's always super energetic around 9 plus pm leh... So wondering should I bring her to bed instead at 8.30pm anot ah?? Cos my mum will always play with her when she's off work and reach home around 9 plus 10 pm lor.. So I can only pacify her to bed around 10 plus pm leh...

If I'm going to pacify her to bed around 8.30pm, then her last feed should be around tat time leh... so means i shouldnt feed her afte 8.30pm when she's asleep??

sootykatz
hope u can empty your breast by latching your bb well lor... I tried to consult the lactation nurse to latch as well but din manage to do it also... the nurse also said that my bb wanna bottlefeed rather than direct cos no need to use so much strength to suck .... until I have to give up cos every time she is not drinking much and crying all the way until we bottle fed her....

Hi mummies

I'm new to this thread. I've been latching my 9mths old baby boy since birth... But i hv no idea why he keeps falling sick so easily. I thot bf babies don't fall sick easily? It's like once or twice a mth. Since 2 mths old till now he has been fallin sick after recovering frm one which last abt 2-3 wks. This time he recovered frm 2wks runn nose and fall sick after 2 days!!! Is it because of my milk?

Hi mummies

I'm new to this thread. I've been latching my 9mths old baby boy since birth... But i hv no idea why he keeps falling sick so easily. I thot bf babies don't fall sick easily? It's like once or twice a mth. Since 2 mths old till now he has been fallin sick after recovering frm one which last abt 2-3 wks. This time he recovered frm 2wks runn nose and fall sick after 2 days!!! Is it because of my milk?

Hi mummies

I'm new to this thread. I've been latching my 9mths old baby boy since birth... But i hv no idea why he keeps falling sick so easily. I thot bf babies don't fall sick easily? It's like once or twice a mth. Since 2 mths old till now he has been fallin sick after recovering frm one which last abt 2-3 wks. This time he recovered frm 2wks runnY nose and fall sick after 2 days!!! Is it because of my milk?

sootykatz, whow... engorged ah! must be damn painful! beter pump whenever bb fall aslp lo.. u let him slp on sarong already?

dreamababy, she was hospitalised lo.. haiz.. from thursday nite till yesterday... kana bronchitis... i super heart-pain n cried when she was hospitalised lo... kana drip for 1 whole day... my heart jus broke lo... haiz... now back home, but duno y very cranky... think also teething soon.. whow lau.. all things come at e same time... im super duper tired lo... stayed in hospital for 4 nites... everynite not enough slp.. now back to wrk n so much things to clear... poor me...
sad.gif

Last nite, duno y out of sudden she cried so loud... then become so sticky to me.. haiz.....

hope she will be fine man... im so tired....

talking abt milk supply... i squeeze for 20 mins n still have leh.. but then in office, i onli pump 20 mins coz i need power nap of 10 mins lo... at home i pump abt 25 mins.... mayb i pump longer is becoz i wan to get e amt i want lo...

as for pacifier, we started to give her when she was like 3 mths old when i move back frm my MIL hse to mine.. coz we think he recognise the place and dun wan to slp, so we no choice but to buy pacifier n soothe her down.. frm then onwards, she's been taking the pacifier liao lo... the way u describe is e same as my girl... hahaha... she will use it when she slp then wans to be carried and once pacifier drop she wil cry.. haha.. exactly the same.. but then.. as n when she grows up, no need to carry her, she wil stand up n crawl n jump ard with her pacifier n slp on her own lo... after she slps, her pacifier will drop off by herself lo... means she is in deep slp liao...

her last feed is 10 latest n she will slp till abt 7 plus.... how much u give her for her last feed? maybe u wan to give her more?

hur.. u dreamfeed her ah? duno whether good anot... but i nvr try be4.. coz i tried to dreamfeed her medicine, she open her eyes big n stare at me lo! ahahaha....

before she was hospitalised, i tried to pat her to slp at 9... but kinda of diff coz by e time we reach hm frm my MIL hse already 830 liao.. then give her milk this n that, already 9.. so her earliest is 930 lo... bb needs 12 hrs of slp at nite lo... try not to play with her so late liao lo... try to put her to bed n pacifier n pillow at 9pm then as n when she will noe all these r slpin time lo...

if u going to put her to bed at 830pm, then no need to feed after tat liao lo....

princessxiaomei, welcome! yeah.. by right bf babies shld not fall sick easily.. they have better immune system... if ur bb is sick every other mth, then it could be e air ard him liao lo.. cant be bf bb so weak de... did u take enough vitamins to supplement ur milk? DHA, calcium, multi vits? also what type of fd did u take? but then for me, i jus eat as per normal lo...

Hi all
I managed to clear my engorged Lt breast. yup it was really really painful was sobbing away as the lactate nurse massge for me and expressed by hand.. so embarrassing.. I didn't miss a feed and if I do miss one i always make sure i express out.. i guess i didnt massage prior to feeding/express hence accumulation to engorgement in addition to bb not sucking well last week cos of stuffy nose. anyway learn my lesson the hard way. will faithfully do my massaging from now on.

cljl
it must be a really stressful moment for you now. ya its really heartache for us parents to c our child suffering from illness. can't do much to help them so helpless. U must take care of yourself dun fall sick cos you need all the energy and strength to take care bb. hope your gal will get well soon

Yesterday i also brought bb to kk to seek 2nd opinion reg his stuffy nose. went to the children clinic the PD said his stuffy nose not a issue rather he's still slightly yellowish. suggested to check bld test to check jaundice level, liver function and thyroid function cos she said he's 2 mths liao better check for reason for prolong jaundice.

the nurse took bld for him and had to poke him twice. 1st attempt can't find vein. bb crying really hard face all red! i went hm then realise he's got slight bruising over forearm where the stupid nurse put the elastic band to tighten his hand prior to blood taking. very very heartache so i know how you feel..

yah.. i already gave my bb sarong to slp. he seems to slp well in that now the cot bed like white elephant.. only at night he will slp beside me on the bed after i bf him.

dreamababy
I also started to giving him the pacifier. cos i noticed he likes to comfort suck on my breast. once put him down he wakes up starts crying. but good thing he doesn't always need pacifier to sleep

hi princessxiaomei,
don't think its your breast milk lah. actually my gyne had mentioned that the nurtition/antiboides level of bm is most esstenial in the 1st 3 months. after that bm is quite diluted and does not contain much antibodies/nutritional level anymore. she suggested that i can start mixing fm with bm after the 3rd month. I don't knw how true is that information cos everybody i asked and research its the standard 6 months.

could your baby has sinus problem? does the runny nose occurs whole day or particular time of the day?

Hi all
I managed to clear my engorged Lt breast. yup it was really really painful was sobbing away as the lactate nurse massge for me and expressed by hand.. so embarrassing.. I didn't miss a feed and if I do miss one i always make sure i express out.. i guess i didnt massage prior to feeding/express hence accumulation to engorgement in addition to bb not sucking well last week cos of stuffy nose. anyway learn my lesson the hard way. will faithfully do my massaging from now on.

cljl
it must be a really stressful moment for you now. ya its really heartache for us parents to c our child suffering from illness. can't do much to help them so helpless. U must take care of yourself dun fall sick cos you need all the energy and strength to take care bb. hope your gal will get well soon

Yesterday i also brought bb to kk to seek 2nd opinion reg his stuffy nose. went to the children clinic the PD said his stuffy nose not a issue rather he's still slightly yellowish. suggested to check bld test to check jaundice level, liver function and thyroid function cos she said he's 2 mths liao better check for reason for prolong jaundice.

the nurse took bld for him and had to poke him twice. 1st attempt can't find vein. bb crying really hard face all red! i went hm then realise he's got slight bruising over forearm where the stupid nurse put the elastic band to tighten his hand prior to blood taking. very very heartache so i know how you feel..

yah.. i already gave my bb sarong to slp. he seems to slp well in that now the cot bed like white elephant.. only at night he will slp beside me on the bed after i bf him.

dreamababy
I also started to giving him the pacifier. cos i noticed he likes to comfort suck on my breast. once put him down he wakes up starts crying. but good thing he doesn't always need pacifier to sleep

hi princessxiaomei,
don't think its your breast milk lah. actually my gyne had mentioned that the nurtition/antiboides level of bm is most esstenial in the 1st 3 months. after that bm is quite diluted and does not contain much antibodies/nutritional level anymore. she suggested that i can start mixing fm with bm after the 3rd month. I don't knw how true is that information cos everybody i asked and research its the standard 6 months.

could your baby has sinus problem? does the runny nose occurs whole day or particular time of the day?

cljl
wa.... having read about what happen to you these few days, it must have been super hard for you and your gal.... somemore all come at the same time.... especially when babies are sick, they will be super cranky one... they not feeling well and we mothers sure to feel super heartpain and not feeling well.. if it is to be me, I will be also like you ... definitely will cry and super sad also to see baby got to be put on drip as well lor..

Now I also hope that your gal will get well real soon leh... else you will also not be in the mood to work although the work has been piled up lor.. will keep tinking of your gal at work one leh... tats for sure... haiz...

dont worry too much!! your gal will get well pretty soon !!
happy.gif

For the pumping, no matter how I try to squeeze, no more milk coming out liao... so even if i pump further also no use lor ... so every time I will only pump out tat amount only...

yah yah... same situation as my gal too leh... haiz... but other ppl keep telling me that no good to give pacifier as will affect teeth growth... but got no choice especially when the baby feels insecure leh... and rather suck her fingers also no good mah... so I feel tat more or less, they are super addicted to it already.... cannot imagine how to let them kick the habit away....

her last feed will really depend leh.. cos during the daytime, sometimes she will not wanna drink after 3 hours... then gotta try again after 3.5 or 4 hours... so leaving the last feed not fixed lor... I tried to give her more for the last feed, but still never been successful leh.. she would not have more lor ... so it's hard leh... cos she will push the teat out or push the bottle away... even after I burped her, also to no avail....

can leh... I dreamfeed her leh.. and she will drink with her eyes closed lor.. super interesting rite??? but after drinking, she will go back to her sleep leh...

these days, i have been trying to put her to sleep around 830 or 9... and it works lor... hee... luckily ... but although during the nite, when she realised that her pacifier drops off when she wanna suck hor, she will start to make noise and cry for it leh... until I put it back into her mouth, then only she will go back to sleep lor...

princessxiaomei
um.... I understand from my pD that bf babies wont fall sick so easily leh...cos they have good immune system as compared to bb under fm... maybe is the food that you eat or she is allergy to some food that you eat also??

sootykatz, ya... its kinda of traumatizing n tiring for me lo... have been drinking the bao shen to have some energy lo... my gal jaundice cleared only when she was almost 6 wks old leh... also kana blood test... but how come ur bb blood is taken by the nurse n not the doc? haiz...

taking bb blood test is the most heartbreaking one lo.. coz their veins r so thin n tiny... quite diff to find lo... the most heartbreaking is when e doc put her needle into her hands for her drip... heng they nvr allow Mummies to be inside.. coz they noe Mummies cant tahan one lo.. frm outside the treatment room in the hospital, she cried damn damn loud lo.. n there are like 5 nurses holding onto her lo.. my poor girl...

my PD say bm is the best lo... but then.. mixing of FM n BM might confuse the taste leh.. but it depends on individuals lo...

dreamababy, thanks! i also hope all things turn out good for her soon lo.. last nite her there quite swollen... duno what happen.. haiz....

pacifier is better than suck thumb leh... suck thumb so ugly leh... actualy my hubby dunwan to give pacifier, but nothing can soothe her down except the pacifier lo.. so bo bian... kicking the habit i think as n when they grow older, give them shorter one lo.. then they cant suck? hahaha....

so her feed is prolonged.. good good... then not so tiring to keep on feeding every 3 hrs.... oh for mi hor.. if her dinner is at 7pm, i will stil give her milk at 9pm leh... see how much she can drink then make her to slp...

ur gal is good man! can dreamfeed.. mine the moment u put something in her mouth, she noes n she will open her eyes lo.. faint...

gd to start her slp early lo... nxt time she wil slp early...

hur.. u mean she suck her pacifier throughout her slp??? not good leh...

cljl
wahaha... stronger?? maybe lor ... or cos they think everyone can be as strong as them .... :p

yah lor exactly.... they already start to do tat liao leh to all the kids there lor... haiz.. they say start early and its ok ... they will get used to it lor..

oh... tink my gal also around the same weight at 4 mths leh... ops.. like tat i scare really cannot wear soon leh... next one?? dunno how long gotta wait .. hahahaha....

haiz... the problem is tat my hubby cannot coax her back to sleep and he seems so impatient to her when he wants to sleep lor.. then my gal will keep crying and crying... and my gal now dun like daddy to carry her especially in the middle of the nite.... long story lah.. end up i cannot stand it, but to carry her... and her daddy keeps saying my gal dont like him to carry her... alamak.. excuses lah... buay tahan lor..

yah.. until now i no mense also... but got one friend FT pump also got mense 3 months after giving birth leh...

dreamababy, now she wear S can fit anot? isit too tight? if too tight then gt to change to M soon liao lo.. hahaha... i feel the weight no accurate one lo...

mine now only weigh 7.25kg.. so light lo...

hahaha... he cant tahan her crying la.. think is men's soft point.. my hubby also like tis...

same as my fren.. 3 mths already auntie lai liao...

cljl
can still fit leh.. not tight... so i guess still can wear for a while lor...

oh now yours only weight 7.25?? like very light leh... cos she can crawl and etc already?? then with more activities, can get slimmer?? hee..

yah lor.. cannot tahan their crying... we gotta be the ones to stop their crying one leh...
ops.. then we different liao lor.. mense havent come .. haiz...

dreamababy, hahaha.. can fit then gd...

ya... thats y.. she so light lo.. doc also say she is on the smaller side.. oh no..

she ah.. damn active now.. crawl, climb liao lo.... bt cant be so small size leh...

thats men lo.. they cant take bb cry.. hahaha.. i mean mine haven too...

cljl

wa.... u know hor... yesterday when I fetched my gal back from infant care.... i was so shocked.... from the time i went off in the morning after her bath at 8.30 she slept until 1.30pm in the afternoon... and the worst is that they allow her to sleep and not waking up her to drink milk for 6 hours !!! OMG!!! the 1st feed was 7.50am and the next feed was 1.30pm... haiz.... how can tat happen manz??? even if she sleeps, also have to wake her up for milk mah when the time is up for next feed.... so upset about it lor... cos I remembered i told them that even if she's asleep, gotta try to feed her one... then 1st day they remember, and 2nd day forget liao .... wa.... win liao lor !!!

Today when I go there, i reminded them again lor.. no matter wat... even if she sleeps, gotta feed her when time is up.... unless she just got to sleep, then let her sleep for at least 1 hour and feed her...

ic... maybe your gal super active now, that's why lose alot of weight lor.. hee... so become small size now... :p but her appetite ok rite?

hai... dunno when our mense will come or whether will even come as long as we still breastfeed?

Hi mummies, I am looking to buy a deep freezer to store my ebm. Can anyone advise me where I can buy a deep freezer?

Thanks.

dreamababy, whow! ur girl can slp for so long?! like she got mixed up with her timing liao leh.... gd that u told them off lo....

ya.. she super duper active.. can sit still one... omg.. very super tiring.. think worst than boy...

cljl
wa... today then got time to reply finally.... super busy and tired ever since started work on tue....

and u know wat?? my milk supply drop leh... my hubby say better start storing EBM now onwards.... dont throw the milk... scare by the time no supply then still can continue with FBM lor....

dreamababy, hey hey.. hows work now? busy ah?

ur supply drop alot? by how much? i pumped 3 times for the past 3 days and now SS drop abit too...

cljl
hey.. hi hi.... busy with work and pump lor... like time flies super fast leh... Havent work so much and already time to rush off after work to fetch my gal....

yah.. supply drop by 1/4 liao... i tink .. haha...before work, i can still have supply for 2 feeds, but now only like 1 and 1/2 feeds only...

Oh.. u started to pump lessor now??? going to stop izzit ?? actually until now, do u feed your gal with any FM?? Or just EBM and solid food???

And also hor... these days i am so tempted to buy Medela pump le.... haiz... cos the freestyle pump is so easy for carrying to and fro.... cos everyday i bring my Avent ISIS dual pump until i also shacked... the BIG round motor take up so much space that I need a BIG bag for it....But I cannot make up my mind whether should I buy anot... and try to sell off my avent pump or should buy another medela pump and just put in office rather than bring here and bring there lor... somemore if buy the medela pump I will be able to bring out and pump also... cos no need powerpoint to pump also.... But I know that the downside of it is that the suction power cannot control one and the speed also... but my avent pump can lor... And some of my colleagues say it will make their nipples more protruding cos of the strong suction... I check out the BP and they are selling at $475 for US set (means without local warranty)... If buy in spore, under promotion is selling at $799... I dunno whether should I switch to medela now since already 4.5 months of pumping liao... haiz... what do u tink?

dreamababy, ya.. can see u very busy.. no time to reply at all.. hahaha...

drop 1/4 not alot la.... u drink more water then shld be enough de lo... her appetite increase so she need more then u gt lesser to gif her 1 pump ma... dun worry la...

whow who.. u wan to buy another pump just to put in office?! ur Avent is the not the manual one ah?

$799 is so ex lo... BAby Fair at Taka just pass lo... u shld buy there if u wan another set... For me.. $799 is very ex... dun have the heart to buy.. Mine is Ameda.. So far so gd lo.. using it for almost 10 mths....

cljl
no lah... i'm tinking if buy the medela freestyle pump, then I will have to sell away the avent pump liao lor... my avent pump is the Electric ISIS Duo model... , not manual one....

But the medela pump at this taka fair i checked liao, is the price of $799 lor.... but if buy from BP here, will be so much cheaper. But of cos it's a US set, so no local warranty. The Ameda is good? it's light to bring to and fro??

really in a dilema wat to do leh... haiz... cos the avent one is too heavy to bring it to office and bring home everyday lor... super bulky leh... tats why i'm resorting to getting the medela one which is so light and also can pump without the plug lor.. just go on their battery, so much better...

hi dreamababy,

i got the medela freestyle pump when i went back to work.. i'll say i've no regrets and i love it... firstly the battery is quite lasting - at least for 2 days, considering i pump 3 or 4 times/day.

u can consider if u wana continue pumping...

dreamababy, oh ic... avent duo is not cheap also lo... hahaha...

BP here is cheaper? how cheaper? sometimes Amazon or ebay might be cheaper leh... Ameda is use quite ok... not too heavy.. i always bring ard lo..

but my ameda pump i haven try on battery yet...

Jane
actually I love my avent ISIS IQ Duo..... but it's the bulky part which I dont like.. .cos you know lah..., have to bring to and fro everyday....

On the other hand, I am also afraid that some ppl use different pump got different effect... LIke certain pumps can pump more or pump less milk.... So if I dont try, I wont know the impact also... I hope wont end up pumping less milk...

cljl
yah lor.. avent duo not cheap.. tats why I keep tinking whether if i buy the medela, should I sell avent one or keep it lor... then one put in office, one put at home...

BP has ready stock, so will be faster to get the stock lor.. But other webby still need time to ship the pump to spore...

Ameda is cheaper than medela and avent rite??? It's small also??

dreamababy, yeap.. avent is not cheap... medela also not cheap.. hahaha...

ameda is $399 nia... cheapest compared to medela n avent lo..

cljl
oh ... wa.... it's cheaper lor....

very angry and pissed off today....
Somebody stolen my ice packs and this is the second time !! Why such greedy people exists and dont feel guilty at all...... This is important for mothers who pump our milk in the lactation room... and yet it can be stolen.... I make sure I will complain to the admin people which I believe are the 'CHINA' cleaners in our building.... They have bad record before and yet they are still not sacked... and they are not in the least of guilt...

dreamababy, haha.. can consider buying lo.. but compared to your avent maybe nt as good lo..

whow! ppl wan to steal ice pack for wat! Siao ah! they need it for wat man...

cljl
halo... i just bought the medela pump already.... really save the hassle of bringing my HEAVY pump here and there..

yah lor... exactly leh... dunno why they steal it for !!

wa.. my milk supply like drop and drop liao leh.. getting lessor and lessor.. wondering will still have supply to bf for 1 yr mah...

hi mummies,
anyone experiencing different size breasts? i mean really different size, like one is B+ and another is almost D?
I have been breastfeeding for 4 months and my left breast is very obviously bigger than my right one, friends and relatives all also can tell the diff..

am vsad and helpless now..can't stop breastfeeding now (cos going back to work and my work does not realy allow alot of time for regular pumping)cos gynae say even want to take the water pill have to wait for both sides to balance up if not the diff size wil be permanent.

i called lactationist and they just told me to latch on the smaller one more. i did but still not helping, also becos the smaller one does not hve much supply so baby will be crying after sucking for a while and i have to switch him to the right bigger breast.

any advice here? many thanks

shinmama
I have not experienced on the different size breasts. I just know that my milk supply is always different when pumping. One side will always have more than the other side. Then one is engorged faster than the other too....

But have u asked other professional advice on this?

juju78
wa... so fast your mense already came back? how many months is your bb now??? I heard from my friend that u can only try to drink the frenugrek tea to maintain your supply and not to let it go down further... But from what i understand is that if mense come tat few days, the supply will drop tat few days... then it will go back to original state after the mense subside..? it does not happen to you???

dreamababy,
my menses came back when my gal was 11 mths old. she's now 16 mths old le.
it's very weird also. drops during those few days, after dat, will up a bit but dun go back to original output le
sad.gif

hi dreamababy,same like you, one of my breast also supply more and of course that's the one that gets engorged easily. but hor my current situation is that the diff in size is really great - like 2 cups difference..vsad about it..

yes, i asked my gynae who told me to jus latch on the smaller one for the next one month!
latactionist also told me same thing
i asked my gp who told me that they (both breasts ) wil get back to same size (or almost) after i stop breastfedding..
in fact, all of them just shrug off as a minor issue which i should not be worried about..but hey, i m looking weird on a daily basis..of course i care man..

hiaz..see how it goes for the next 2 weeks..

thanks dreamababy

Hi all, I'm new here. I'm feeding my twins with full EBM, therefore I need to pump very hard to get enough milk for them. I'm using madela & ameda pump, personally feel that madela is better but I still suffer from block duct every day event though I pump 6 times a day and squeeze & press my breast till blue black..I need advice from you gals that:
1. Are you squeeze or press your breast when you pumping? My milk wouldn't come out if just let the pump do the job.
2. Heard that avent breast pump is more effective, pls tell me your experience
Thanks

july78
yah lor... tink also wont go back to original output liao le.. my friend also like tat... until she needs to drink frenugrek tea to maintain her supply lor..

shinmama
yah... just monitor for the next 2 weeks and see how lor... hopefully the condition will improve...
happy.gif
I can understand the appearance wise when really can see the difference....

sf_lc
um.... or izzit that the breast shield dont fit nicely on your breast? BY right, if it fits nicely, it should do the job. I normally will still squeeze my breast nearing to the end, to make sure that all milk is cleared.

I am using avent breast pump since my gal is born and now i am using medela in office and avent at home cos I am trying to sell off my avent pump but din manage to.

Personally i feel that both pumps are good... just tat the avent breast pump which I bought, the ISIS Duo is good in that sense that speed and suction is up to you to adjust each time u pump. But for medela freesytle, the speed is the same lor.. just can adjust on the suction whether u wanna it stronger anot .... so both pumps work differently.... It really depends on individual whether which pump works the best for that mother.... I also will use hot towel to massage my breast before i pump at home lor... tat works and the suffering of block duct will be lessor, although occassionally i will also eperience blocked ducts and have fever too .... which today I'm also having fever already... but it's once in a while, cos the last relapse was during my confinement month and now my gal is 5 months plus already....

I can only only when u try it, u will then know which pump is most suitable for u ....
happy.gif

hey hey.. paiseh i MIA so long.. went for holiday and so busy when back to work...

dreamababy, as long as u pump 4 times n drink enough water then shld be able to last ba... my auntie finally come to visit me after 10 mths.... no wonder my supply drop half.. now i pump 3 times a day and total only max 400ml...

juju78, so you mean after your menses ended, ur ss will increase by a bit? how many times u pump or latch per day?

sf_lc, normally when during expressing, i normally squeeze and press my breast... milk will slowly stimulate and come out.. if you need the milk to come out fast, then use hot towel to massage ur breast first then express out.. milk flow will be faster...

cljl,
increase a bit from the low output during menses. not increase from my regular output. effectively, ss keep dropping every month. super sianz.
pump min 4 times, latch on demand.

Thanks for Dreamababy & Cljl, I think I should try difference size of breast shield then see how.

I found that eat durian, drink milk, soya milk & fish bone soup will help to increase milk supply. You may try.

cljl
u went holiday? so nice !! How i wish i can go for a trip too ..... where u went??

wa.... your auntie came to visit u liao??? i got clots super pain and fever again.. haiz.. dunno why like tat .. .made my supply drop even further leh.. chum... dunno whether can last anot...

these few days, i got brown discharge leh... is it syptom that mense coming??

juju78, oh ic... bt u already manage to supply for 16 mths leh... very good liao.. i will stop nxt mth... too tiring on FT pump liao...

sf_lc, durian is heaty leh... soya milk may in turn cause phlegm to the child... cause this happens to my gal.. she was hospitalised in Jul due to bad cough, flu and fever.. then my hubby ask his dietitian and she said soya milk might be e cause... fish soup is the best... but then.. my mark is 1 yr and its reaching soon.. hehehe....

dreamababy, yeah.. we all 3 went tw... very tiring cause I got to sling her all the way and I got to express milk in the cab lo! hahahaha... there started to express 3 times a day so ss slowly decreasing...

ya... but alot leh.. duno y.. hur.. u sick or anot? maybe menses coming... mine no symptoms leh.. just tummyache n need to go toilet only.. then auntie lai liao...

maybe brown discharge might come soon...

Dreamababy, I have bad block duct b4 finally engage Mdm Rokiah to help me clear them off. She very professional, can help to clear block duct without any pain. You can call her to made appointment @ 92716091. $58 if you do it at her place or $70 ask her to come to you house.

Clji, I'm so envious u. My babies are premature. Their digest system are still not strong yet, doctor said breast milk is the best for them. Plan to give them fully breast milk till their correction age 6th month, still have 3 more months to go.. haiz...pumping milk is nightmare for me

sf_lc, you must be very very tiring looking after your twins! for premature babies, better to give them breast milk.. easy digestible... best fd for them liao... 6 mths very fast pass liao la... drink more fish soup..

previously i was telling dreamababy to eat more fish and drink the gravy of the soup! it helps lo...

do you latch both of them together or u jus exclusive pump?

cljl
u very good leh... really can go holiday for the whole family....
happy.gif
Dunno when I will have that chance....

um... i not sick ... wa.. u know hor.. my gal never poo for 8 days already... but never even eat solid food, also can have constipation??? So today i tried to feed her with pear puree for the first time... hopefully she will poo...

sf_lc
oh she's a malay?? she can massage without any pain??? how can it be?? hee.. wa....

dreamababy, hahaha... if u wan, u also can de lo... i dun care one coz i missed holidays last yr becoz of giving birth lo.. so i die die this yr wan to go... hahahaha... but its very tiring.. coz got to cook n pump there lo...

oh... whow.. 8 days quite long liao leh... but my gal ever also 8 days no poo... then feed her puree fruits she also dun wan.. then no choice i go buy e pump to pump her butt lo.. thn immediate effect poo liao...

I heard abt Mdm Rokiah too.. she is quite popular in motherhood forum... all look for her to clear block ducts... hahaha...

Cljl, my babies can't latch on properly & my PIL taking care of them, so hv to pump every 3-4 hours day & night. Dunno why milk cannot come so easy compare to you gals. I need to squeeze & press while pumping. Therefore I need 1 hour to clear both of my breasts, very tiring & painful event though every pumping with massage & hot stone compress. I tried to use diff size of the breast shield as dreamababy suggest also cannot work, really dunno what to do.

Dreamababy, Mdm Rokiah is a malay lady, that's unbelievable that she can easily remove the hard block duct with any pain (compare the pain that you suffer).

sf_lc, oh ic.. then it will be very tiring look after them and pumping... how many times u pump per day?

both ur pump also cant do u well? 1 hr is too long for using double leh... max 30 mins enough liao lo... i actually squeeze n press at lot my breast got marks leh...

Back