About BREASTFEEDING

hur... when pump onli 20-30ml??? how long ur pump session and e interval between pumps?

did u drink water/soup n eat fish anot? whow... how com wil every 2 days bleed de? did u apply e medela cream on ur nipple? if crack n very black means its swollen leh....

if latch, can u feel bb is sucking milk?

actually i hate wat e old folks say lo.. wat no milk, better to give FM, not full coz bm very watery this n tat... arrgh! piss me off when they say this!

u r wrong hor... everybody nags.. i jus told my mil off on Sat! cant stand her... coz i bought a jug to put my gal porridge then after 3 hrs, it became watery becoz of water vapor. then she say mine lousy brand hers better.. i told her off and say of coz watery coz mine put for 3 hrs n hers was used like 30 mins ltr la! of coz not watery! she kept quiet.. really piss me off!

wat i feel is.. u think wat is rite for u.. if u think u wan to give bm then continue.. ignore them! n how can dun let bb slp late.. bb needs the most rest leh!

if u wan to feed solid, make sure u check with e doc.. bt some of my frens fed their bb pureen at 4 mths.. so it depends on u...

just like plain water, i only introduce it to her after 5 mths... at e age of 2 mths, my dad, grandma etc keep on askin me to feed her plain water n e "fei zai shui" to get rid of e wind... i kept my stand n say doc say no need to give water before 6 mths coz my bm is watery enough... nothing they can do.... hahaha... now my gal dun wan to drink water also... hahahaha....

u tel them off.. last time policeman wear shorts la... hahaha.... its up to them to say n for edu, u jus gt to teach ur boy e rite thing, when u r wif him, talk to him, show him pics that r black n white n red.... flashcards tis n tat r ok.. even they cant see e colors, they can see e pics.... dun care! i did that too....

i force my hub to teach my mil n fil to learn how to operate e dvd player so that they can play for her to see.... my mil commented.. she understand meh.... but then when e show start.. she is so glued to it n she even giggles to the songs lo.... who say she doesn't understand!

for now... i only played the Your Baby Can Read.... tot of buying Leap Frog.. but abit ex leh.. hehe... will consider again.. hehehe...

i use fitti be4 bt duno isit premium.. but find it abit thick....

cljl
I have just tried the mamy poko over the wkend. It's much better than pampers leh... at least it wouldnt leak to her clothes.... Cos when i am using pampers and she pass motion, it will leak to her shorts...

Talking about plain water, my MIL also asked me whether got give plain water to my gal anot... And also say if dont start to give plain water early, then next time she wont wan to drink plain water... So means we no need to feed them with water at this moment??

Wa... I just gave the baby sitter a call over last weekend... And you know what happened?? The baby sitter "Auntie" actually say i never say confirm let her take care of my gal... But I remembered so clearly that I have told her that its confirm to let her take care but as to whether is it jul/aug to be confirmed again... so pissed off.... she say i never say confirm let her take care and she has already take care of other bb.... haiz... And now she say wanna intro another lady from her same block who is also doing baby sitting of kids... Really dunno what to do now... do you tink i should go and see see look look, then decide whether to give another baby sitter to take care of my gal?? Actually now I come to worry whether my gal will get used to a stranger to take care of her ... Actually i am supposed to go back work on 20 jul which is on a tuesday... So i'm still tinking when should I bring my gal to the baby sitter so that she can start to adapt leh.... haiz... but on the other hand, dont feel like giving my gal so early to a stanger and wanna spend more time with her ... really 'bu she de' leh...
sad.gif

jayho
Oh you are using fitti premium?? Thats what Thomson Medical centre is using that for new born babies in hospital....

Yah manz... baby needs alot of rest... It will help them in their growing process too... So its really ok for them to sleep late lah..

hahaha.. yeah.. Mamy poko is good hor... think pampers too thin tats y sometimes it leak n gt to keep on changing....

haha.. i dun care leh.. i nvr feed till she abt 5 mths plus.. coz i cant stand them keep on talkin abt plain water n e fei zhai shui... so i give lo.. bt she not keen.. haha...

if she is fully on bm then no need to give plain water... coz PD say bm for bb be4 6 mths is enough.. if nt it wil corrupt their system inside...

whow.. then like tat who is going to take care of ur bb when u go back to wrk? bt e other auntie do bb sitting be4? experienced? u shld go n see see if u duno her lo... must make sure she is reliable leh... dun play play leh...

since u going back to wrk on 20 jul, then maybe u can try to give e bb sitter like 3 wks b4.... to let them get use to bb pattern.. coz last time mine fuss alot when she was at my mil hse.. u can try like every other 2 days bring to e hse to familiarise e environment lo... is really bu she de but then.. if dun wrk wher gt $$$.. haiz.... nowadays, everything so ex...

cljl
yah rite.. got to keep changing... so 'ma fan' ...

Ic ... maybe cos last time older days, they feed FM to bb.. so maybe they feed water to bb lor.. now is different mah.. we feed on BM which is very watery, so no need to feed water hor???

haiz.. yah lor.. gotta go down and see see leh. i dunno whether she got experience in taking care of the bb leh... especially when bb need to be taken care of.. so better make sure she is reliable leh.. but on the other hand, even if she say she is experienced, I wont know also leh... its really based on her words to trust her...

Wa... gotta give bb sitter like 3 weeks before ah?? U mean I got to start to give the baby sitter once 2 days to let her familiarise with the environment??

yah manz... dont work, no $$... got no choice but to pass to other ppl to take care of her...

My mum keeps telling me to let my gal wear back the mittens... say she kept scratching her face until bleed leh... Dunno why her nails are so short liao, and she can still scratch her face super hard until bleed, like used up her whole strength to scratch... haiz.. think she scratch her face really hard, her face got alot of scratch marks leh, and got one with face skin at the forehead peeled off like tat.. Did your gal also experienced scratch marks also?? Should I let her wear back mittens then leh?

haha... last time i duno what milk they feed leh.. my hubb fren drink milkmaid one lo.. hahaha...

last time they dun even feed on bm lo... yaya.. since bm is so watery.. then no need to give water liao... now mine, dun even want to drink water lo.. coz no taste.. haahha... bm she also sometimes rejects...

ya lo.. its based on trust also lo... dun have other choices? ur mil really dun wan to take care ah?

see if u wan to start early anot lo.. 3 wks be4, u bring her like every other day n test water... then 2nd wk, bring her 3 times a wk, then 1 wk bring her once lo.. i did e other way round coz starting wrk liao ma.. bu she de so i seldom bring to my mil hse.. hehehe.... or u let ur bb stay a few hrs n see hw lo...

hur.. ur gal scratch her face till bleed? so serious? whow.. she so powerful! if u worried, then u let her wear mittens when she is asleep lo... did u cut her nails damn short? mine i cut till cant see e nails at all leh. ahhahaha...

hur.. peeled off? dun have leh...

cljl
haha.. dunno what brand of milk they drink last time.. think it's different brand that is available in the market now...

wa... if your gal now dont wanna drink water, then eat solid food and dont drink water wont be dehydrated??

Alot of ppl keep telling me can start solid food when she's 4 months old leh... how come they keep having the impression to start solid food so early leh??

haiz... no other choices liao.. my MIL dont even wanna take care... and i'm staying with my parents... and my mum still wanna go work leh.. dont wanna sacrifice to stay at home to take care for me...

Got other choice like infant care centre.. but the one near my office has no vacancy.. so still cannot put her there yet... ultimately may or may not even have the vacancy when she turns 18 months and end up going to childcare centre already...

yah lor.. but hor.. if bring her there for a few hours, dunno how will they charge the fee?? cos I really scare suddenly put her there, she may not like the place... but do you tink when I go over to take a look at the place and ask the auntie, should bring my gal along too?? better rite??

yah lor .. haiz... when she gets frustrated for not able to sleep and etc... , she will scratch her face one leh... I cut her nails super short until cannot see the white white section lor... but maybe her nails grow long super fast bah... if like tat, then I got to keep ensuring that the nails once grow liao, gotta cut... their nails grow very fast one rite??

heartpain manz... really got like peeled off skin leh... scare she will feel painful especially when touch water lor... aiyo... dunno why she can use so much strength until like tat one... she can really use alot of strength one leh...

haha.. last time e milk they drink now already gone liao lo... hahaha.... nw all bb r high class liao lo... even our milk full of vitamins! e supplements r so ex lo....

haha.. i cant do anythin leh.. she fuss alot when i give her plain water lo.. bo bian.. even i add in e fei zai shui also depends on her mood.. she dun wan to drink means dun wan lo.. force on her, she cry hard.. n e father will say dun give la..

then no choice liao lo.. unless ur mum wan to sacrifice to stay at hm to take care.. hehe....

bt infant care nt cheap leh.. if no choice then gt to give bb sitter take care liao.. mutual trust liao lo...

errm.. charge fee i duno leh.. yaya.. better bring ur gal there... sometimes bb gt instinct de lo...

yaya... their nails grow super fast! must cut every other day... i cut my gal nails every other day when she was younger... bt must wait till she slp... once i accidentally cut her hand.. hahaha....

whow.. super duper great strength she has.. then better wear mitten when she sleep....

cljl
yah manz... high class milk that bb drink now... wahaha... the supplements all have DHA now... bb grow super intelligent with that ... :p

yah, i can understand when they just fuss.. when dont wan means dont wan.. like my gal lah.. dont wanna finish the milk means dont wan.. then when she wants to sleep, she fuss and dont wanna drink milk .. so clever...

haiz.. my mum dont wanna give up the job yet leh.. how i wish she would quit her job...but a pity she dont wanna quit...

infant care not cheap.. even after subsidy and discount still abt $700 plus...

yah tink better bring my gal there, if she dont like and cry when she's in the house, then probably the place doesnt suit her... Ok.. i will also ask the baby sitter whether can let her take care like half day every other day during the 3 weeks before I go back to work anot... Like tat, I can also do my own things or some shopping.. hee... else, now hard to go shopping leh... cannot have chance to rest too...

the nails sure gotta cut when she's asleep else difficult to cut lah.. cos she keeps moving around...

U know hor... now no matter how hard i try to wake her up or keep her awake during the day, if she wants to sleep .. she dont care one leh.. she still sleep... alamak.. so difficult to tune her...

haha.. dha supplements not cheap lo...

haha.. nowadays bb getting cleverer liao lo... she noes how to differentiate wat is hers lo.. yesterday her cousin took her swimming float n she cry lo.. when her cousin came out of e float n she went in, she stopped crying! my goodness... 7 mth old she noes hw to snatch things frm others....

maybe ur mum think now is nt e time lo.. then bo bian u gt to reply on bb sitter liao lo... ya.. infant care is damn ex lo.. childcare is also nt cheap...

ya lo.. shld have time for urself.. now i need to take leave to enjoy nt wrking but bo bian with tat rascal ard.. haha..

haha.. nw i on dvd n i cut her nails... then she guai guai lo...

hahaha... some bb r like tat one lo... super slpy in e day.. my hub colleague bb also like tat... juz like to slp in e day..

cljl
wondering what's in the DHA supplements that is so expensive !! haha...

wow!! 7 months old already know how to snatch things from others... ops... she really knows what's hers... haha...

Oh yah... i am thinking whether is it necessary to get a baby swimming tub for her ... but I saw the tub, seems like got to fill up alot of water... Like tat, wouldnt it waste alot of water leh?? But hor, if bring her to swimming pool... gotta wait for a long time leh... only wkends can bring her... and also wondering how old she has to be to bring her to the public baby pool?? But wkends sure alot of ppl there....

yah exactly, my mum think now is not the time... she wouldnt want to give up her job too... but by the time she give up on her job, my gal would be a few years old liao.. hee...

For childcare, I will sure bring my gal to childcare as my office building has the childcare and I have enrolled her liao... She will be joining in Jan 2012... haha... Scary hor... now already enrolled liao when it's so far away,.. but no choice leh... else no vacancy and it will be even worse... sometimes got pros and cons of giving to a baby sitter... childcare centre at least give some eduction to the child... but baby sitter is different... may not be as good as childcare centre...

My mum just told me she went to see the baby sitter, she's in her late 30s and have 3 kids, 1st 2 kids are twins.. and now 2 are in primary school and 1 in kindergarten... And all her kids, she handle everything herself... wow.... she's good! incredible leh... think if it's for me, sure cannot handle alone one...

Oh yah .. have u already thought of enrolling your gal to which pre-school?? haha...

Should have time for myself lor... else when me and my hubby go out, we cannot hold hands and when have meals, gotta take turns cos she dont guai guai sit in the pram when she's awake one... wan us to carry her ... Sometimes my hubby keep telling me that bb dont like him cos when she cries, no matter how my hubby carries her, she will not stop crying... he find it difficult to coax the baby too...

ya we keep insisting that BM don need water, but they aways very kiasu to give water.
Ltr our bb don like to drink water they will blame us for not giving them la.All blame always point to MOMMY la.
bb fingernails grew very fast, try to cut every 3/4 days.My boys also, trim liao still can scratch till scar, same here.

if infant care is $700, why not. cos now nanny also abt that price, somemore infant care can teach ur bb but nanny cannot.
If you stay near me, I can help you look after your bb.

You guys hv not start any formula right? so good.

don know y they so kan chiong to start Soild food lo, haiz...wait la 6mths can start mah.

jayho
yah lor... true... they will say how come bb dont need water? aiya.. all the blame to mothers..

too bad that infant care no vacancy leh... now hoping that the infant care has vacancy anytime from now, but have checked with them.. they told me the waiting queue list is very long, so chances are slim...

where you stay?? wa... you help me take care?? hee.. how much you charge??

actually some ppl told me got to alternate EBM and FM to feed bb... dont go total BM leh... i dont understand why... cannot go on total EBM meh?? what's wrong with EBM??

I actually gave Formula before when I had breast infection and not enough FBM.. so I had to alternate FBM and Formula for that one week... after that, I switched back to EBM already cos scare if bb totally go on Formula, then may have chance that they dont wan to go back to EBM... luckily my gal still ok to drink EBM after that...

I agree lor.. even my mum also say that when my gal 4 months, can start giving solid food already... i'm like huh... told her have to give only when reach 6 months... but hor ... i would believe that she will repeat and say can start on 4 months... haiz... they cannot let us have our own method of taking care of bb one ... keep wanting to force their method on us... everybody will have own method one mah... ultimately, it's our children leh... not theirs... haha.. haiz..

dreamababy : ya la.. im so surprised lo....

talk abt swimming.. its a waste of $$ to buy e swimming tub la... my hubby brings our gal to open swimming pool at 6 mths exact.. also during wkends when i go back my mum place... coz condo swimming pool ma.. but also alot of kids... go between 5-6 when there is not much wind.... she just wear swimming wear lo.. bt if u scared she is cold, then buy thermal wear.. but 6 mths stil young so limit to 10 mins or less.... hehe...

by e time ur mum give up, she can take care of ur no 2 lo.. hehe...

whow! she gt a place in childcare already ah? Jan 2012! 2 yrs ltr! omg! hur e baby sitter take care of so many kids! how to handle bb? bb need alot of attention leh!

mi will enroll her for childcare lo... but im still thinking where leh... coz i left with not much choices as my mil only wans tpy.. haiz....

haha... exactly like my gal la! when we both eating, she wil cry in her pram n ask to carry lo... hahaha... so everytime we gt to faster eat n carry her.. bo bian... talk abt coaxing... my hubby very scared he cry.. she cries, he soft liao.. haha.. pass back to me... coz he duno wat to do..... think men r all like tat...

jayho : haha... dun care them abt e plain water la.. we always take blame one.. just say u give birth of coz u determine la! whow both ur boy n dreamababy gal so violent! ahahaha....

i tot infant care is more ex? if e same price go to infant care better lo... coz at least they speak properly... teaching maybe bt bb always slp.. so i duno hw n what they teach.. hehehe...

errm.. for mi i have not start formula.. but duno want to start coz i worried my milk like nt enough supplements for her... up til now i only fed her formula once when she was 4 days old lo... after that all fully BM...

haha.. be firm lo.. say 6 mths start means 6 mths start....

for alternate EBM maybe is becoz others worried nt enough milk... but then... for bb after 6 mths, some might want to alternate becoz milk supply will decrease n then might nt have e nutrients n vitamins FM have lo...

but i think for solids, its up to ur personal preference lo... my frens gave at 4 mths....

cljl

waste $$ to buy the swimming tub har?? my hubby say cos needs alot of water to fill up so waste water also.... Oh so only from 6 months then bring her to swimming pool?? Ok, then I will only get the swimming wear for her for 6 months onwards.

yah man..i agree with you... by the time my mum give up, maybe I will have my no. 2 already...

Nowadays no choice, got to enrol super early ... as my office has many staffs who will put their child in the childcare centre ... So the moment I give birth, got to enrol already.... I think if you are left with only TPY area, then better start to find the suitable childcare centre for your gal now in order to get the best childcare centre lor...

Tat's why I am thinking with so many kids, she can handle my bb anot leh?? I scare she will neglect my bb and let her cry... ocs my gal needs alot of attention one leh.... Most of the time, I cannot bear to let her cry for too long... cos I can sense that she's scared and trying to adapt to the new environment outside the womb, so better not leave her cry for too long...

men are like that lor.. when bb cry liao and they dunno how to coax, sure will pass back to us to coax them one leh... tats why he kept saying izit bb dont like him... wa... you can see the way they coax the bb, sometimes also really cannot stand it.. haha... then also end up wan to carry the bb on our own instead...

think by the time the milk supply drop, then start giving FM as a supplement should be good lor... dont start supplement too early leh... hee... or maybe can give FM at night time then, since FM will last longer for the bb to sleep throughout...

Wa... yesterday my gal started to tok alot leh... but dont understand what she's toking about ... baby language.. haha... so amazing hor...

Actually I find that if put to baby sitter, dunno how they will teach the bb leh... infant care can at least teach them properly lor cos the teachers went through training already... So ultimately i feel safer to pass bb to infant care haiz... but heard that woodlands dont have good infant care centre...
sad.gif

Ya i agree, put infant care can proper english.
I stay bukit panjang, my mum take care if u want i standby haha. I love bbs, they so cute lo.

Hubby no use la they only play when bb cries they run, and may turn out scolding u asking the mother the shut the bb.

I hope i can give up on wat elder say if not i will suffer depression. Watever thet say as long as happy can le if not will strain our relationship.

U know wat my hubby say, ask me leave the job of taking care of my bb to his mum.wah so angry , now who is the bb mother!!!!

yaya.. waste $$.. waste alot of water also leh....yaya... 6 mths can bring to swimming pool liao.. bt must make sure nt so windy if u dun have thermal wear... my hubby is swimming instructor ma.. hehehe.. so he say can then can lo...

whow.. very kiasu leh.. bt my mil help to take care of another girl hor.. her mum told mi childcare wil always say full then when her gal almost reaching 18 mths, then gt slot for her leh... duno isit becz they wan to act like they gt damn gd business... hahaah...

Tpy nt many childcare lo.. haiz... gt to read review liao...

yaya.. bb cant cry too much if nt will have alot of wind go into her body lo.. bt reconsider lo.. or u look for others to take care?

men duno hw to take care.. only noe hw to play lo... men always say wan to have more kids bt when com to take care, only us to do e job lo... my hub always gif alot of excuse to wait for mi to change my gal diapers coz its hell to change her diapers lo...

bt then.. nw my bm stil more than enough lo.. i throw my 2nd pump away leh.. hahaha... bm she stil slp through lo.. so i think shld be enough ba... just e nutrients content duno enough for her anot...

yaya... after 2 mths plus, u tok to them, they wil respond liao... my gal also did tat to her dad... tok back lo.. like shoutin! hahaha...

bt then whats e cost diff between both? coz nw bb keep on slping de lo...

cljl
oh ur hubby a swimming instructor? ok.. i will bring her when she's bigger...

the infant centre always say no vacancy one.... its more ex and yet the centre is so full... dont understand y... but if no choice and caanot find a suitable nanny by this sat, then will go over to the infant centre at RP to see if i can put my gal there...

mature estate maybe not many childcare as compared to new estate cos more young couples in new estate...u got to read the review... hopefully can find a good centre...

sometimes mt hubby change diapers and my gal can suddenly cry suer hard one le... dunno y... haha... then end up i will always be the one to continue from where he stops....i think hor cos he change too slowly and my gal can't stand it... wahaha....

toking abt BM, one of my friend told me to store more FBM cos she say the moment she went back office, her supply drop by half....it really depends one leh....

yah manz!! practically like shout back!!heee....

those nanny can charge $600 if give solid food then add add'l $50... As for infant care, different ctr hv diff rates... the one at RP is $1284 less 600 subsidy = 684... so like $100 difference..

jayho
where ur mum staying???

i totally agree wit u... who's the mother manz... if it is for me, i will get angry aso one le...dont understand y the 'older' will "force" their methods on our babies as if they are theirs...

dreamababy, ya lo. he swimming instructor... 6 mths then can bring her.. bt then we only let her stay in e pool for 10 mins max.. coz scared gt wind...

ya lo... i tink they act like they gt big business man... buay tahan... no other choice of nanny already ah?

whow.. i damn lazy to read review leh...

ya! talk abt speed of changing... they wan to hurry hurry one lo.. canot slow slow one.. my gal last time also fuss when her father change too slow.. hahaha.. think all men e same la...

drop by half is alot leh... i stil can leh... pumpin during lunch time in office.. n i throw leh.. i kept my bm in office in e end also nvr use n its still in my office freezer! ahahaha...

very cute when they shout back rite? hehe....

whow! big diff leh... bt soild fd u can buy for them wat.. y need to add $$ to them?

cljl
ok i will take note. max of 10 mins... wa... sounds short leh... like got to get ready to go over swimming pool, in the end only let her swim for 10 mins... By the way, the parents accompanying her can wear normal t shirt and shorts rite? no need to wear swimming wear hor?

at the moment no other choice of nanny leh...
sad.gif

haha.. sometimes i also lazy to read review one ...

Think the supply of milk will really depend on individual. My friend says cos she's very stressed when go back to work... Dunno whether I will be like tat too anot...

actually when they start to smile, make faces and try to tok 'baby language' are so cute... except that they start to throw tantrum lah... etc.. then tat is really headache...

yah... actually solid food can also buy on own and give them..... then they will not charge tat additional $$ lor...

dreamababy, hahaha... we worried she catch cold ma... so limit lo.. but then if u see no wind, then u can go longer... but also need to depend on the water temperature in the pool leh...

if u wan to spend tat 10 mins swimming/dipping with her, then change in to swimming wear lo.. 1st time i didn't bt 2nd time onwards i changed liao.. hahaha...

whow.. no nanny n u r starting wrk soon.. very jialat leh.... buy food urself better leh... at least u noe wat u buy...

whow.. talk abt review i think i need to read on the childcare review liao lo... jialat.. think i will read till i slp lo...

i think it could be she stress and another thing she didn pump on time? if u scared u like tat, thn u store more milk at hm lo... juz pump on time shld be ok ba....

ya... when they start to smile at u, ur heart will melt liao lo... then they talk to u, also feel so sweet.. hahaha... tantrum onli u can handle.. e men normally buay tahan... hahaha..

now mine is shouting stage liao lo.. coz they want attention n wants to speak... hehe...

cljl
Ic...cos I thought that baby pool not deep mah... so there is no need for me to change into swimming wear lor ... haha...
yah lor .. cannot find suitable nanny... tink no choice... tis sat better go infant ctr to take a look

haha... read until sleep also muz read.. else you wont know abt the review of the childcare leh..

um... din pump on time also will reduce the milk supply?? tot the supply already established liao???

practically men cannot handle when they throw tantrum... except my dad.. haha.. he's able to handle her leh... super grandpa! haha

wa... once they learn to shout, they will always shout even outside leh.... hee... I have seen kids who like to shout even when she's outside....

hahaha.. no la.. even pool not deep, u wil stil go in de lo.. hahaha....

whwo.. then i wish u luck in finding.. hope u get a suitable one...

errm.. i mean nvr pump on time and then e 1st n 2nd pump very far apart.. tis will affect the supply also.. n then stress also will affect de lo... even if supply established will also like tat de...

hahaha... whow.. gd leh ur dad... nobody can handle her crying except me lo... is shouting cum wailing lo.. n her tears are damn BIG drop!

abt shouting, i wil slap her mouth if she shout! scold her also.. but then she smile at me.. faint....

whow lau.. today i damn damn busy.. damn it!

Hi mummies,

im sorry im here with some qns again:

1. can i know how do u store the express milk? in milk bag or storage bottle?

2. which brand is recommended?

3. if storage bottle, can i directly warm it in food warmer? or pour into milk bottle then use food warmer?

4. how do u sterilize the storage bottle? or change the storage bottle after some time?

cljl
i just bought the swim wear for my gal yesterday since the FOX sale is still on.... haha... see where got chance for her to wear and bring her to swim swim... haha....
proud.gif

Have went to the infant care centre yesterday. The place was pretty ok as it's still new... quite like the environment and talked to the teacher as well.... And find the teacher quite ok too.... Intended to drop by the baby sitter's house now but too bad that it's raining heavily... If still raining later and not able to go, then I think my gal dont have fate with this baby sitter liao... somemore the baby sitter (who have 3 kids) says if go down and see her liao and want her, got to confirm on the spot and pay deposit liao... Sounds like she's so good like tat... alamak... nevermind lah.. if really din manage to go by today and the whole week of next week she will not be around also....

Sometimes i find that kids react like tat one lor... my gal also... even when I scold her, she still smile back at me... alamak.... ! really faintz!

BBtigger
I will the milk with a mix in milk bottle and storage bottle.... Those that I will store in the freezer, I will use the milk bag... Cos I'm using AVENT Storage bottles (260 ml VIA cups) can be put into the food warmer and warm up the milk straight and feed the baby....

I am also using the AVENT steriliser to sterilise the bottles as well... If you are using the AVENT VIA cups, you can only use the VIA cups up to 4 times... but depends on individuals... some ppl use it until it's cracked or wear and tear then discard it... (which is in accordance to the instructions stated on the box)....

For storage bottles, I am using all AVENT bottles. As for milk bags, I have used PIGEON before and now just converted to use LANISOH milkbags which is not bad and more economical in longer run cos cheaper...

dreamababy, whooo... bikini ah? nw gss better buy lo... hahaha.... tat time i saw esprit bikini... damn damn chio.. ahahaha...

whow.. e babysitter so hot meh? need to pay deposit so fast! if infant care is gd then i suggest go infant care if rates dun differ alot lo.... infant care at least they speak proper english...

hahaha.. they always smile at u when u scold them lo.. its very common.. after they smile, u wun have the heart to scold them liao...

bbtigger,
i normally store my express milk in milk bottles then excess will be into storage bags.. but now.. i don't keep leftover, i just throw coz its a waste to keep it in the bag.... milk bags no need to buy so ex one.. I used Boots milk bags...

As for storage bottles, it depends on what bottles you use. If its the avent one, then not wise to put in directly in the fd warmer. must pour into milk bottle then heat it...

I also sterilize Avent storage bottle in avent sterilser but then.. im still using it even thou it says 4 times... ahahahaha.....

hi cljl, thanks for the advise.. how abt the other avent storage bottle that is exactly the same as milk bottle? can we use it directly on food warmer?

cljl
actually wat i'm concerned more is the hygiene also... Cos infant care has lots of kids, so more prone to sickness for my gal and the HFM problem also....

I got another option of baby sitter, she has got 4 months old gal... and wanna baby sit another kid.... So now if this baby sitter has got 1 kid only, do you think probably i could look into this option instead? and somemore she's staying pretty near me too ... hee...

haha.. u r rite manz.. after they smiled, really dont have the heart to scold them le....

oh.. ya... pro n cons lo.. now HFM on the rise leh....

hur.. 4 mths old gal... 1 cry the other one will cry leh.. unless she gt another helper.. coz e other is onli like 2 mths older than urs onli leh...

cljl

yah manz... HFM on the rise lor ... just dont wanna my gal to get it at so young age lor... somemore she dunno how to tell us too mah...

she says her gal super kuai type, dont anyhow cry and throw tantrum one... somemore she's was a clinical nurse before she got pregnant...

ya lo... kana at young age is damn jialat one lo.. wil keep on crying de lo....

hur.. sure anot.. no matter how guai also wil throw tantrums de lo.... bt then.. clinical nurse... maybe can consider.. coz experienced ma...

cljl
yah lor... no matter wat... even how guai will throw tantrum one .... tats wat i think too ...

somemore its human nature to pay more attention and care to own child rather other ppl's child rite???

so I would go for the risk to put my gal to infant ctr first lor.. hopefully it's ok lor... crossing my fingers... I will go register and confirm tomorrow liao....

Hi all,
I just delievered my bb one month ago. Was v demoralise with bf initally cos milk supply not there yet. also made the mistake of listening to confinement nanny and hubby who kept asking me to rest and had formula fed bb during 1st 2 weeks as a result bf supply inconsistent.

however I insisted on bf and latched him on exclusively (at most 1 formula p/day)from the 3rd wk onwards. even had quarrelled with hubby cos he insisted on formula feed bb cos he thinks my bf not enough as bb keeps crying. was really v sad. no one in the family seems to be supportive of me bf either said my supply not enough or i made myself so tired no point!
read thru the postings here was gald to see im not the only one having problem.

BTW, I also can't stand my MIL, she likes to stare at bb when he latches on as a result also staring at my breast! so awkward! like to ask if bb is sucking. feel like telling her: "of course he's sucking right, if not sucking u wanna give your breast for him to suck? or she would like to ask did u feed him full after i bf him finish. of course I'll make sure he has enough right y would i starve my own bb..

Anyway Im glad I perverse in bf, supply now seems enough but am wondering how im gonna start stocking up supply. previous wk where still relying on formula will express out if I didnt latch him on. now latching bb all the time and if i pumped out after his feed only pump out very little like 10-20mls. how to stock up like that?

i think my hubby thinks im about to go crazy cropping myself at home all the time had suggested going out without bb. would love to do that but how to express out milk when outside? i knw that expressed bm can be kept at most 4hrs at rm temp. what if i am outside for >4hrs? using medula mini electric pump which also can put batt but heard that suction power won't be that strong. very paranoid about bf now cos very scare supply will get affected like 1st 2wks.

can anyone advise?

hi sootykatz! congrats to you!

anyway, bb have reserve till they are about 4 days old.. so its ok at first...

its good that you insist to latch him on! Way to go!
happy.gif

its true that men dun understand the great benefits of BF... after a while, they wil understand... i believe you got to keep ur stand firm! in e other way, they are also afraid that we are too tired n hence not enough supply for bb... but whenever, bb latch on, the mothers will noe if bb is latching on well anot.. so not to worry....

if u not comfortable, best u tel ur hubby to tell ur mil coz nt nice to tel her directly lo... hubby gt to be e middle man lo.. thats what i always do....

good to hear that you have sufficient supply for ur bb... u mean u still feedin bb wif FM?

if u are full time latching, then shldnt be a problem with the supply ma.. coz u feed on demand... but then if u want to store the excess after ur bb latch, then u can pump out then store in a bottle n keep in the fridge... can mix 1 day supply pump together...

As for going out with bb, its good to go out n breathe in some fresh air... its good for u n bb too.. but not too long hours outside coz the bacteria outside is not so good now.. better to limit to only a few hrs...

since u can latch on, then no need to worry abt the pumping la.... its ok de.... unless ur breast is really very full.. but i guess ur bb will finish up.. hehe...

normally batt operated suction might not be strong enough lo.. bt if u wan to pump, go to bb room with electric plug n pump out the excess.... if u have sufficient supply, then throw the milk that u pump out....

cljl
tis morning felt so heartpain for my gal... When I bathed her this morning...., she hit her head against the side of the bath tub when she used her leg to kick against the other end of the tub...
sad.gif
and she cried so hard immediately.... I am thinking whether there should be any sponge or wat that I can place on the other side of the tub to prevent her to knocking her head again anot... Now she got 'super' strength lor... suddenly will push or kick so hard...

By the way, these few days when I put her back facing upwards when bathing, she will start to cry leh... She used to like it alot and will do the 'frog style' swimming pattern, but these few days dunno when exactly happened. Once I turned her to tat position, she will start to cry already... Is it that she no longer like tat position already??

sootykatz
hi congrats to u too !!

So nice to hear that your bb is willing to latch on... not like my gal, super fussy leh... and she dont wanna latch on even during the 1st week liao...

as for the pump outside, if the normal batt operated suction not strong enough, hv to find nursery room with electric plug.. but not all room have lor... I always bring out the manual pump instead... anywhere also can pump ... hee...

oh no! i hope she is fine now...
now is the age for them to kick n push liao lo.. wait till she older somemore, she will stand up ah! nothin now for sponge lo.. u juz need to grab her tight! hehee....

tat means she dun like the position liao lo... jus let her slp wat position she wans lo.. mine nw gt super lots of pattern liao lo.. frog pattern, lie on pillow up high also have... frm the top of the mattress, she can slp till the bottom n fall off lo... haiz....

cljl
yah manz... tis morning i hold her super tight in order not to let her bump her head again...

oh ... wat i mean in position is during bathing, not sleeping .. hee...

now for sleeping, if we let her face down... when she wakes up, she will raise her head high high with her hands to hold herself up....

haha.. ya.. better hold her tight..

u mean ur gal dun like bathin position facing down?

whow.. gd! means she is trying to train her neck muscle....

cljl
yah lor... dun like bathing position facing down.... last time, she used to love tat... and she will swim and kick her legs like 'frog' style....

Hi cljl and dreamababy,
thanks for the congrats. I don't think I have that much bm supply think just enough for bb to drink. was thinking of stocking up when I go out without bb. don't think i can handle bb crying in public.. all the people staring and staring..

Don't think my hubby will tell my MIL reg staring at bb when he's latching on. he said its awkward for him too.. anyway I now go to my rm and close the door when I latch him on. think MIL gets the hint..

dreamababy.. my bb also super strong.. though only 6wks old he can kick real hard with his legs and make attempt to stand up when you hold him! maybe you can put towel at the side of the tub to prevent that from happening.. ya have to be really careful with them. sometimes when I carry bb I almost forget his head is further out of my elbow and went walk pass doorway almost hit his head lucky didn't..

now having issue on caregiver.. who is taking care of bb for you all? since on ML at the moment, my mum and MIL will take turn to come my house in the day to help me so I can get some slp and rest in the day time. evening and night time hubby and I on our own. I guess that's the disadvantage of not staying with either family members. at first you will enjoy the privacy moments with hubby now got bb you start to feel regret that they stay so far away from you.

my mother suppose to come stay with me to help with bb. nowadays dunno why bb getting dif to handle. doesn't slp much. easily startled when asleep and wakes up easily. also very dif to coax to slp cries alot. describe these to my friends they said my bb sound like more demending dif to handle.

was v v upset yesterday.
mum suggested to bring bb to a medium to seek advise reg to bb difficult behaviour cos seen doc already and doc said bb's not sick probably colic but colic whole day ah??
I was not comfortable with mum's idea of bring bb to that kinda place. but hubby and I really desperate for solution so I agreed yesterday.
we went by car and the weird thing is the moment bb is in the car he started crying really badly. before that he was okie just had diaper changed and fed finished. I started feeling really uncomfortable about the idea of going there. even mum unable to soothe him down.. so i said i don't wanna to go there anymore with bb crying like that. previously bb had been in the car before he always fall asleep and even if he was crying initially.
my mum not happy lor.. said don't bring him there then he so difficult to handle she very tired taking care of him. I was very disappointed hearing that coming from my own mother. she thinks going to the medium to the solution to everything? she kept saying that other pple's bb not like that why mine so dif. why can't she understand that every bb is unique in behaviour and he will outgrow it im sure as he grow older.
hubby also very upset with her. now she haven't even come over and help me 100% she already made such comments. not keen for her to come over help me liao since she can't accept her grandson's behaviour
sad.gif

sootykatz
yah, I suggest that once you wanna latch the baby, you can close the door.... hope she gets the hint.... I remembered initially when I latched my gal, she dont wanna latch on and cried cried and cried... until my mum also buay tahan, came into the room and still ask baby dun wanna drink izzit?? wanna give FM?? and etc.... wa... made me even more frustrated...

Your baby can kick real hard at 6 weeks? But yours is boy mah and yet mine is a gal leh.. haha... gal should be more ladylike mah.. wahhaa....

My gal up till now, I will take care of her on my own... but we are staying with my parents cos our house not ready yet cos we applied for BTO... But quite nearby my parents' place too... So on and off, especially when my hubby goes to work, my dad or my mum will also help take care when they are off work... so I would also think that it's a relief that we are still staying with them .. at least will get help from them... cos my parents scared I will go into post natal depression when handling my gal.. cos she's not easy to take care lor... and it's getting worse these days, she cries more and more difficult to handle... until yesterday when I was at my in law's place, I broke into tears cos cannot handle my gal... haiz... and I'm those type who is super emotional one lor... easily drop tears kind... And my sis in law and mum in law kept telling me dont be stressed up lah....

actually my gal also like tat leh.. I also scared of bringing her out alone cos when she cries and more difficult to handle now... not like the early months where she's easier to handle... So I would think that all babies are different lor... cannot say like this bb is exceptional lah and blar blar blar.... And there were times when my bb cries alot also .... if the bb is probably colic, can try to apply 'ru yi' ointment on his stomach and naval area lor.. it will ease more....

Even my gal is super difficult to handle, my mum and dad always tell me that babies are like tat one ... even when they feel super tired to handle her especially initially she slept with my parents cos they scared i depression also... and i can see that they are super tired looking after her during the nite lor.. cos she can be wide awake at nite and dont wanna sleep... but still wan ppl to entertain and carry her lor... she dont wanna play on her own and go to sleep kind... so got to keep carrying her also... to certain extent, i feel that my parents super dote on her until to the extent and really bad also ...... this may be why she becomes more difficult to handle... always wanna be coax and carried when asleep or wake up lor... So I can understand how you feel .....

cljl
Hi ask you har... now your gal will suck her own fingers anot ?? These few days, my gal started to put her fingers into her mouth and suck so LOUDLY leh!! haha... even when give her pacifier, she will use her fingers to pull out the pacifier... and then put her fingers into her mouth again.... alamak...

dreamababy, hahaha... maybe she now wan to try diff stunt lo...

so sian.. my gal kana cough n flu virus... haiz... somemore neeed to take so many medicine...

sootykatz, not to worry... if u afraid then u will have to bring ur pump out n a cooler bag to store ur milk liao.. but if u darin enough, u leave hm without pump n then reach hm 5 hrs ltr n pump immediately when u reach hm... hehehe....

as for closing the door, no use... if u wan to prevent ur MIL from comin in, then u wil have to lock it.. coz i close the door n when my gal is crying, she open the door n com in lo...

whow at 6 wks he wan to stand up! thats damn fast!

now my MIL is helping me to take care lo... hw com ur mum and MIL cant help u need caregiver? they both working? haha.. ya.. now i regret hw com i nvr stay like 5 mins walk away frm my MIL lo... need to ferry my gal up n down to her hse... sian n tired...

could it be ur bb gt colic? or gt scared? gt put e beansport husk pillow over his tummy? u shld talk to him, tell him u there this n that.. to assure him that u r there for him.. bb normally listens to their mummies de.... diff bb gt diff character de la...

better dun bring to medium hor! u will scared ur boy! n it will be even worse lo... frm e way u tel me hor.. it means ur boy noe leh.. he dun wan to go to e medium.. bb sometimes gt instinct de lo...

ur mum like that say quite demoralising leh... but then, as bb grow bigger, they will be better la.... if ur mum cant take care of him, hw she take care of u last time? same leh..

how abt ur mil? can she help to take care?

cljl
yah lor ... maybe she wanna try diff stunt... wahahha.....

huh?? your gal sick??? oh no... tats the worst lor..... somemore will feel heartpain also... and not easy to feed medicine cos they will cry too ..... bb so small and yet need to take medicine... haiz... like my gal kenna diarrhoea also gotta take medicine too ... see liao super heartpain..

hi dreamababy and cljl,
my bb boy also sick.. came down with runny nose ALL THANKS TO MY MIL!! she was sick last week then came over last sat to c bb. heard her coughing and I immediately told hubby to tell her mother not to go near bb liao and how come she came when she haven't recover yet! so furious! of course my request ignore though she didn't hold bb anymore she still cont to play with him at close contact. feel like carrying bb away but can't do that cos will be irrespect to MIL..

sunday night notice bb to have stuffy nose worsen yesterday had to bring him c doc. doc said his nose very congested! very very angry with MIL feel like scolding her but i can't.. hubby said he will scold for me hope he didn't bluff me. I told him I don't wanna see his mother for next one month! and you know what's the best part. last mth when my sister was not feeling well and when she was in my house, she automatically kept her distance away fr bb and even wore a surgical mask. that time when MIL saw her and found out she sick, she even said in her superior tone" oh you sick better don't go near bb liao.." then now she dunno how to apply the rules and commen sense to herself! now bb more dif getting to slp cos of congested nose. everytime I hear the congested sound feel so heartache..

dreamababy,
I really envy you that you staying with parents now. fr the way you describe can tell your parents really dote on you. my father kept saying dun understand why i need extra help when last time my mother also take care of us as babies alone so why can't i be the same like her. whereas my mother will complain y my bb so difficult to handle last time we also not like that or other pple's bb not that.. ya it feels really demoralising and helpless.. I feel so tired taking care of bb though i love him to bits. having to breast feed him then coax him to sleep and when he finally slp its only a while before its due for his next feed.. no time to pump bm to store also. i dun tink i dare to go 5hrs w/o expressing. breast will get very engorged! it happened to me once so now dun dare play play liao. that time got v hard lump but unable to pump out any bm for half anhr v pain until wanna cry. lucky i eventuaaly try letting bb latch on n the lump reslove very fast! nothing truly beats e power of bb suction! hehe..

cljl,
my mother had quit her job said wanna to help me look after bb. now she see bb so dif to handle she seems reluctant. there's initally plan of her coming over to stay and hubby and i so happy. now she kept complaining if she stays at my house she feel very lonely and my house no market/hawker centre nearby very troublesome as compared to her house with all the things downstairs. now i dunno what to do cos dunno why my mother wants!

some more with that medium episode i also can't stand her as she's constantly feeding me tips fr everybody (her boss, pple in the market, friends blah blah blah) on how to stop bb crying.. one of them was to let bb wear his clothes inside out during the night.. or she will like to complain y i didn't hire a feng shui master to look at my hse when i moved in or how i didn't follow her advise to do all the ritual during bb 1st month.. hubby and i had enough her supersitious thinking that she believe that doing all those things will make bb behave better.

i got apply ru yi u n put e beanspurt pillow on him. also talk to him constantly reassure him but sometimes so exhausted jus wish he can quickly fall asleep.

i cant trust MIL to take care of bb esp after her coughing incident. just find that she not skillful or perhaps im fussy. it is really tiring to ferry bb to n fro ur MIL hse. so u do that everyday including weekends? hubby tout of doing tat but its not feasible for us. cos we only hav off peak car will get to get up extra early v tired for hubby..

hi cljl and dreamababy..

sorry for the lost of actions.. i was busy with baby, expressing milk as he doesnt wana latch, even latch is onli like 5minutes which i reckon it's not enuf for him to drink.. so i'll top up with EBM and he'll finish the whole bottle..

need some advice here.. i'm gg back to work this coming monday and my office has no freezer.. how should i keep the EBM? just keep them in the cooler back and once reach home immediately put it into the fridge? cant put in freezer right??

oh another query.. how long u girls pump when u go back office? what's the schedule like and how long u pump per session??

by the way, what pumps are you all using? im currently using avent single electronic and each breast need to be pump 30mins so i alwayz spend an hr pumping milk... which is toooo time consuming for me, especially at office...

any advice?

dreamababy, ya... this time quite serious.. started off with cough then cough with phlegm, then cough with phlegm and flu, then combine all with high fever... haiz..... sian..

then need to neubilise her to open her airway to break the phlegm apart.. so many things.. then need to monitor her fever also... so sian n tiring for both of us... need to wake up to check her temp n then neubilise her... stress lo.... e day be4 PD ask me need to admit her to KK anot lo.. faint...

Heng yesterday she is better.... hopes she recover fast man!

my gal also kana diarrhoea last mth... it lasted for 1 wk then recover lo.. talking abt medicine.. nw she sees me holding onto the syringe, she close her mouth damn damn tight lo.... then i bo bian got to force into her mouth.. add into milk she doesnt finish all.. haiz...

sootykatz, whow! thats very bad lo! my MIL helped to take care of a bb then when she sick, i make it very clear n tell my hubby say she canot touch my gal if she carries e other girl lo.. she need to change her clothes be4 she can touch mine lo... sometimes, ppl are just very irresponsible when it comes to sick lo.. haiz... only know hw to comment on others but cant reflect on themselves... runny n block nose is the most uncomfortable one lo.. cant breathe properly coz now bb onli noes hw to breathe thru their nose....

whow.. very jialat leh.... if u cant trust both of them... then very diff to let them take care of ur bb leh.. abit scary to hear abt e medium episode leh... how com she so influence by what others say???? bt can ur MIL take care? maybe she just wan to see e bb lo... bt then at least she noes that she cant touch bb when she is sick which is quite good liao lo... I meant all MOthers are selfish and fussy but then.. its always better to have someone you know to take care of your bb lo.. just like me.. whenever, i reach my grandma's place, i will always complain to them abt my in laws this n that.. but what can i do... they are the only ones who can take care.. so no choice lo....

you must continue to re-assure your boy so that she knows you are there lo...

as for ferrying bb here n there... yes.. no choice we got to do it lo... we only do it on wkdays.. wkeds i take care of her myself... wkdays alone can tire me out liao lo.. coz i work very far so i will have to drive to wrk.. once i even close my eyes while driving lo... n swirl out of e lane.. luckily e motor beside me quite far... if nt jialat... tat time be4 she comes out, we were discussing whether to get OPC.. in e end we didnt coz I will have to wake up even earlier to pump n leave hse lo.. so no choice, we spent abit more lo...

jane, welcome back! normally a minimum of 20 mins then is sufficient for bb feed leh.. so i think 5 mins is definetely not enough... so no choice u wil have to latch n feed bottle lo... 5 mins is like leisure latch, ur boy might not even drink lo...

Ur express milk in office will be for bb feed for the day or to keep as spare? if for bb feed, then u can keep in the fridge.. no need freezer.. only keep in freezer if u wan to keep as spare.. but if ur office got no freezer, thn keep in the fridge first then transfer to freezer when u reach home... if im not wrong cooler bag cant last more than 8 hrs leh.. so best to keep in fridge...

in office, i pump for 20 mins to 30 mins... morning i pump at 6 then office at 12 then reach hm at 6.30 then night before i slp at 1030pm.

im using ameda dual pump.. so far so good.. single pump takes more time lo... so maybe u wan to consider getting double pump? or u shorten ur pump to 20 mins each side?

Back