About BREASTFEEDING

dreamababy.... yes.. i feed more at her last feed when she was younger.. now she is stickin to 180ml for 5 feeds... u gt to try and error de lo... that time, we try to increase 10ml by 10ml a few days at a time.. n prolong her feeding time... until abt 3mths old, i think her feed is abt 3.5 to 4 hrs apart... too tiring for every 3 hrs lo...

maybe you can test her by feeding her more now... maybe she don't slp is becoz she gt not enough to drink?

my pump bottle especially become yellow.. duno y.. e rest of the bottle is e cap that is yellow liao.. hahaha.. bt i juz use... 125ml bottles i use since birth till abt 4-5 mths.. then now using 260ml ones...

330ml bottles still long lo... im still using the 260ml ones.. have 4 bottles to rotate... I use the 125ml till she feeds on 150ml per feed.. hahaha...

u want to buy hw many bottles? coz i feel the bottles like can use very long leh...

jane... ya at tis age he wun noe hw to flip but does he like to move abt? my daughter moves alot when she was ur boy's age...

I don't do tummy slp for her.. she flip herself.. hahaha... heard from my fren that babies know hw to turn their head themselves by instinct... duno how true...

now at the age of 6.5 mths she can flip both sides, leap like a frog! n whenever she finish milk, she wil jump n jump till she puke her milk out lo.. yesterday i shouted at her! buay tahan!

i prefer sleeping in the cot lo... if can slp head up, then no choice gt to tummy slp lo... if he can slp throughout, then u got to make an effort to wake up to check on him...

Jane
think I will try feeding her more bit by bit during her last feed.... You know hor, sometimes when my gal is sleepy during the day and active during the nite.... During the day, it's not on demand feed leh... it's on schedule feed that day, like when 3 hours is up, I gotta feed her lor even when her eyes are closed leh... and ended up nite time when she's wide awake, she can drink every 2 hourly one leh... super disruptive lor... I really dunno what to do with her leh.... Will you schedule 3 hourly feed during the day??

cljl
yesterday nite i fed my gal at 10 plus, fed her at 130ml.... and surprisingly she finished it all.... but hor .... even I got burped her, she still like spill out quite abit of the milk after that... Maybe I got to try to increase 10ml by 10ml first... increase bit by bit... But hor, she still wake up around 3 hrs and hunger for milk leh... like dont make any difference... dunno izzit becos she spilled out the extra 30ml or what leh..

Wa... only until like 4-5 months still using the 260ml bottles?? Then tink I will get more of the 260ml bottles instead hor?? then should I get additionl 125ml bottles leh??? aiyo....

I find that even though I have 8 bottles in total, still not enough to rotate leh.... since the bottles are more lasting, tink can invest in getting more bottles instead...... They should sell the sealing caps also rite??? Cos I went to a few places trying to get the sealing caps, but they dont have it leh... So thinking whether the philip itself will sell the sealing caps anot... I also saw that avent got the one box like 3 bottles pack... that one is better or get individual bottles are better har??

By the way, you only getting the bottles from the sale??? Or also other things that you wanna get??

I feel that it's not becos she not enough to drink and not sleeping leh.. She is just wide awake with her eyes open and wan u to carry lor.... Actually I dunno what you all meant by letting the bb lying on the stomach leh... the position of bb's head is the chest area??? and the bb's tummy is on my tummy??? izzit like tat??

Ladies, izzit that if still breastfeeding and mense dont come means cannot try for 2nd one??? Cos i'm thinking how long should I continue to breastfeed leh... If I dont wanna wait for too old to try for 2nd one and close factory hor... , I cannot breastfeed for very long rite???

dreamababy... don't wake baby up for feeds unless she wake up leh....

she puke abit out is ok.. mine till today she also puke la.. all over my bed.. somemore now she leap and leap.. faint... if she spill out too much, then u gt to give her slowly... sometimes might be too much...

no need to get 125ml bottles already.. don't waste the $$$.. hahaha... directly use 260ml one already.. but i use 125ml when she is drinkin 150ml leh.. i use till the max! ahahaha...

whow... 8 bottles still nt enough??? hw com? i duno abt the sealing cap leh.. must go n see then i noe.. of coz buy the 3 packs coz cheaper ma.. hehe...

duno my hubby want to spend $$ on bottles anot lo.. coz he say e bottles nvr spoil... can't think of what to buy now leh..

sometimes they just want you to carry, talk and sing song to them lo.. everynight i sing till very tired and thirsty.. hahaha... u try to slowly increase her feed then monitor a while then see lo...

till today, i still no menses leh... my fren had hers when her baby is ard 3 mths old... maybe u want to ask ur gynae.. shld continue breastfeed la.. its good for both u n baby..

i show u what tummy sleeping is.. hahaha.. see my little rascal!
4007052.jpg

cljl
but during the daytime, if dont feed her on schedule feed, she dont wake up even for 4 hours... so no good also leh.. wait she gets dehydrated mah... y cannot do schedule feed ah?? cos sometimes she so sleepy during daytime until she dont wake up for milk lor...

err.. 8 bottles not enough leh... cos i will store in bottles in the fridge first... for each pump store 2 bottles mah, one fresh to feed her and the other in the fridge lor... then always gotta keep a lookout for the milk if wanna store in freezer.. then only transfer from bottle to milk bags... i dont store in milkbags initially when pump out... cos i scare who knows sometimes my gal will be hungry every 2 hourly if she's is wide awake lor... then will need more in the fridge le...

how come you dont need so many bottles to store le???

Oh... tummy sleeping.. I tried on my gal when she's awake hor... but she like doesnt like leh... she will try to lift up he body lor and make alot of noises like she dont wan like tat leh...

I just came back from my gynae follow up just now... he say depending on hormones, some ppl got mense even BF.. but some dont have... so if continue to BF, i scare mense no come then cannot try for 2nd one.... cos i not young liao le... wanna try 2nd one and close factory liao.. hee... One of my friend just told me that she intend to stop breastfeeding liao when go back office after 3 months maternity... and now give FM liao... wa... like so fast to stop giving BM leh.... she say her Mother in law says that since she always eat outside food not healthy, may as well stop giving BM.... But I feel that even like tat, no need to stop giving BM one mah... rite??

Think i slowly increase her feed then monitor and see how lor ... wa... u know hor... now Kids & Baby Fox got sale !! Before I went for my gynae visit, I went to FOX and bought my gal's clothes for her 6-12 months leh !!! Good buy manz !! cos alot of discounts... then even got additional Citibank 20% discount if purchase above $80... else it's 15% discount... quite worth it leh... hee... Luckily I went before lunchtime hee... super nice leh... to shop and buy things before lunchtime cos you know lah.... this kinda of sale sure alot of ppl one ... esp office crowd.... they will rush there to buy lor cos worth it mahz.... hee....

cljl,

my boi is superb active.. he stretches most of the time and the stretching exercise can wake him up from his sleep.. oh, so do u think it's ok for me to tummy sleep him during the night? my net chair sleeping failed for him last night and my mom gave in to him - put him to tummy sleep...

for now, he still cant flip by his own..but his head can turn left and right.. but i dont dare to guarantee that he definitely can turn left and right 100% although so far i dun see any difficulty from him...

dreamababy

i agree with cljl, do try to increase the amount slowly... if u find that she puke quite alot after feeding..try to burp her inbetween the feed so that she can swallow some milk down first before continuing drinking... this might helps too..

i'm also doing scheduled feeding for my boi.. about 2.5 to 3 hrs... i'll wake him up for feeding when it reaches 3.5hrs and he is still not awake.. but usually my glutton will wake up on his own... and he'll cry for milk.. he's an impatient rascal.. he'll scream and tear for milk if u doesnt react fast..

dreamababy
duno leh.. thats what my cousin told me... if they don't wake up, then juz let them sleep.. if they hungry, they wil wake up already... don't think they will dehydrate la.. hahaha.... u mean she sleep e whole morning??? like tat she treating day as night liao leh....

whow... 8 bottles still not enough??? last time i feed her i only use max 5 bottles leh.. how com u can use so many bottles... hahaha.... i rotate 4 bottles now becoz its according to her feed then evening when i come back, just nice pump another bottle for her night feed lo... you can pump then keep e bottles for like 5 feeds, then the rest store in the bigger bottle lo.. when finish then pour from big bottle into smaller bottle lo... i use to store all my unused milk into milkbag.. but then.. supply quite gd... in e end, i waste all my milkbags leh... now in my freezer still have Jan one lo... after i didn't keep, i use e balance to wash my hands... n the expired one, my mumm use to soak her legs! ahahahaha...

if she doesn't like tummy then let her slp head up lo...

so fast you want to try for 2nd one ah.. very xiong leh... i also duno when my menses coming leh... i want to have 2nd one next yr lo... FM very heaty de leh... sometimes MIL give wrong advise one lo..so i dun listen to what my MIL say.. hahahaha....

now.. i also anyhw eat leh... as long as dun drink too much cold water can le ma...

whow.. talking abt Fox sales... i bought alot of 6-12 mths clothes for my girl when she is 3 mths lo... nw she grow liao alot of clothes cant wear lo.. only wear like 3 times.. haiz....

jane
same goes for mine.. when she was 3 days old, she stretch while slping lo... so i think nt an issue.. just let him tummy slp lo.. monitor during day.. maybe ur boy prefer to tummy slp.. old ppl say they are stretching and will grow fast...

jane
I will slowly increase and see how... wa... yesterday finally my gal sleeps soundly until 3 am then wake up and cry for milk... then went back to sleep... then 6plus then wake up for milk again.... So long since she has done that liao... finally can catch abit more sleep....

yah yah... it's the same for my gal also... when i need to warm up the milk which I have store in the fridge, she will cry like nobody's business... once wan the milk, she dont wanna wait also... got to coax her everytime till the milk is ready for her to drink....

cljl
Um.. thats the issue lor... she can sleep the whole morning without waking up for milk... There was once even 4 hours liao, she also never wake up for milk.... So I thought that I have got no choice, but to feed her by timing lor... at least she knows that it's still daytime cos keep on drinking... haha....

Cos each pump, i will always have 2 bottles as using double pump, so each time i will have 1 bottle fresh for feeding her which i will leave it at room temperature. And the other bottle will store in fridge mah... Then at nite cos sometimes she wakes up at different timing to drink milk, so I got to store the milk in fridge of each pump and do not mix it in the fridge... maybe that is why I always run out of bottles leh... haiz.. dunno how to utilise it. .

Wa!!! thats why my hubby keeps telling me not to buy so many clothes for my gal... she will not have chance to wear it too many times... I bought like 3 bottoms and 3 tops and 2 dresses... tink not alot hor ?? I also bought from online clothes, those stretchable tops, which should be able to wear when she grows bigger.... ops.... haha.. then i should stop buying liao... in case really wear how many times only and cannot wear liao...

oh yah.. by the way, the socks rite?? is there a need to buy at the moment or when she is 6 months old?? Cos now i still let her wear mittens and boots... cos scare if dont wear mittens, she will scratch her face...

dreamababy.. for heating up the milk hor, if you do schedule feed, then u can put in e warmer 1st ma.. then just nice when she wake up, she can drink liao...

4 hrs apart is ok leh.. now my gal also 4 hrs n she didn't even finish her milk...

yaya.. i also pump into 2 bottles ah.. these 2 bottles, u can combine n keep in e fridge ma... can save bottles leh.. 8 bottles is too many liao leh... i combine all my pump mikl together n max out e bottles.. then pour when necessary out to her feeding bottle lo.. but u must remember, when u pour out milk frm the stored bottle, make sure u gently shake becoz all the oil at the brim...

don't buy liao.. i stopped buying liao.. hahaha.. mine onli wear 2 times, then her arms too fat liao... cant go in... tat time fox sale i bought abt 100 bucks worth of clothes lo... think i bought more than u... nw totally nothin for her now.. hehe...

talkin abt socks.. i have lotsa socks haven give her wear.. think i have abt 10 pairs... coz 1 pair of socks, i let her wear like 1 wk plus.. hahaha... if u wan, u can buy maybe 2 pairs enough..

as for mittens, max 4 wks don't let her wear already... not good for her fingers... she might not have a good feelings of her fingers... botties still can wear lo.. mine 2 wks she stretch til all mittens come off no matter hw tight i tie.. so i do away wif mitten at 2 wks.. hahahaha....

cljl
during daytime, I will give her fresh supply which means I dont put it in the fridge. I will just put outside at room temperature.... tats y I will always have 2 bottles per pump lor...

Oh it's ok to keep 4 hours apart?? Cos I was told by the PD that better to limit to 3 or 3.5 hours.. dont go till 4 hrs if possible leh... So until now i follow lor...

For the milk which I took out from the fridge, I will shake it gently also....

Wa.. then i better not buy liao, else cannot have too many chance to wear le... hee...

Oh ic... thanks for the advice, i will get 2 pairs of socks for her enough liao... but you rotate daily for her to wear rite since you have to wash also??

When I take care of her, i try not to let her wear the mittens lor.. cos at least she can feel things leh.. but her nails are sharp... so i will try to cut her nails often so that she wont scratch herself... but when my mum takes care of her, she will let her wear... keep saying that she is afraid she will scratch herself or feel cold... alamak...

Even for the pacifier also... my mum keep saying giving pacifier is easier to take care... at first, i dont wan to give... but on the other hand, my mum will also help me take care of her during the nite also and you know lah.. my gal often dont sleep during night time... so it's not easy to take care of her.. so I give in and let my mum give her pacifier during the night time... But now even wkends, my mum even give her during the daytime.. I told my mum that shouldnt give during the daytime lor... then my mum again will tell me, she will only give when she cries... Even when we go out, my mum also will bring along the pacifier and give her when outside leh.. haiz... already told my mum a few times not to give her, but she kept saying that give her is better and also even if you give her, she would not necessary want it too... What to do, I can only tell my mum .. but if she insists in giving, I also cannot do anything leh..
sad.gif
cos she also help me take care of my gal until she falls sick leh... I also dont feel good to keep telling her ... So now if I take care of her during wkday day time, I will not give her the pacifier lor... haiz... difficulty to tell my mum not to do things which I dont like...

Think now I better keep all the mittens away... dont let her wear liao... she's already coming to 2 months liao...

hur... now e weather so bad.. u put outside?
i nvr ask PD leh... i just give her 4 hrs apart lo.. haha.. she dun seem hungry also... hahaha...

milk out from the fridge put in warmer then shake is ok also.. hehe..

yaya... will rotate lo... coz she onli wear socks like out of e hse to 1 place and to e other.. les than 3 hrs...

aiyah.. old folks like tat one lo... tat time my mil also say me... scare scratch her face tis n tat... last time PD told me to trim nails every 3 days.. coz they grow damn fast....

for pacifier, i only give her when she is 2 mths old... coz... we move back frm our mil hse to our hse, she cry non-stop lo.. like recognise e place.. pop inside her mouth is immediate silence... frm then... we relay on that to keep her quiet... my grandma also ask us to give but my hubby don't want.. in e end she cry non-stop n damn loud... he no choice go n buy... hahaha...

ya lo.. u can't say anything also.. like my mil.. haiz.. my gal just recover from diarrhoea.. duno what is wrong but i suspect is e pumpkin.. coz i told her abit nt good.. bt she give her.. at nite we saw her whole butt red lo... haiz... if all i could nt wrk and take care of her.. i can give my full attention to her lo... their english KNS and cant speak well.. haiz...

yaya.. don't let her wear mittens liao... ltr hand motor skills nt good ah....

u mean better not put it outside??
But I will already let her drink within 2 hours leh....

yah lor... yesterday took out her mittens liao, today my mum let her wear back again.. alamak...I will take out the moment i saw again... haiz.... no matter tell her how many times still like tat.. give up manz...

Sometimes got to give and take one hor... if let the old people like MIL or own mother to take care... hard to keep in control lor... not like as if we take care of the bb on our own.... The only thing that you can do is to teach her proper english when you take care of her on wkends lor...

Wa... if you suspect it's pumpkin, then better not give and monitor how leh... rather than to continue to give her... sometimes, dont understand why the old folks keep wanting their own method to take care of kids lor... no matter how you say hor, they will still do their own way....

You know hor, my gal started to have mild cough leh... could it be possible that the food that i intake or wat leh???

errm... i also duno leh... i always keep in the fridge after i pump if she dun drink immediately... scared spoil ma...

sometimes old ppl is like tat lo.. no matter what we tell also no use de lo... yaya... must speak properly when im with her.. that the only learning period...

must monitor again lo.. now back to plain porridge with pork as the soup base.. hope everything is ok.. then i will add in veg on sat liao.... better give her more veg liao.. coz my milk nt enough to supplement for her nutrients liao.. haven even start to give her fruits lo.. faint...

mild cough as in 1 or 2 sounds? sometimes they act act only leh...

hi mummies, can i check, which brand of nipple cream is good? do we need to clean it off before bf?

and is it that we will continue to leak breastmilk so long as we bf?

medela is good! no need to clean off before bf.. just let bb latch one...

leak BM if ur breast overflow lo.. no matter what still need to wear breast pad if you are breastfeeding...

no prob... i actually lazy to get washable pads.. 1 is scared wash not clean and the other one is lazy to wash... hehehe...

cljl

yah i think you better monitor for awhile and see if her condition improves...

the cough sound like real one leh... they can fake one meh?? But sometimes also when she refuses to drink the milk, she will somehow like get choked then followed by cough...or other times she will also just purely cough 2 to 3 times lor....

Since yesterday hor, my gal getting abit weird leh... She like dont wanna finish the whole bottle of milk leh... usually she will drink 100ml... but since yesterday, she like dont wanna finish all and left with like 20ml leh... and her feeding super far apart and it's not on demand feed leh... only that cos already 3.5 to 4 hours, then i started to feed her and imagine so long time, she should be hungry le... but still dont wanna finish no matter how i coax her to drink leh... I'm worried leh.. Is she ok anot??? how come suddenly behave like tat? Is she sick? or going on hunger strike leh???
sad.gif

BBtiger
I agree with cljl too...i am also using disposable breastpad... that is more secure cos at least not scare on whether it's really clean anot although it's more costly in terms of long run... But not worried about the hygiene and prevent infection too.....
And Medela nipple cream is very good! That time initial period, I got like nipple skin like peeling off like tat... all thanks to medela nipple cream... cos it's all natural ingredients which are safe for bb to consume too...

haha.. mine sometimes is gei gei one la.. sometimes is choke on her own saliva... ahahahaa....

if they refuse maybe means they are full and don't want to drink anymore?

hahaha.... for 2 mths old normally they shld finish all milk leh... cant be so far apart they dunwan to drink leh... u check her teats.. isit the hole too small? she might get frustrated if flow is slow... mine refuse to drink even thou she can finish when her teats are small lo.. hehehe...

cljl
oh ic .. sometimes my gal also got choke on her own saliva when she dont wanna drink anymore and we force her to drink... haha..

I am not sure too leh... I know there is this possibility that she may be feeling full... But I am not sure the actual cause of it leh...

Maybe I try to change the teats and see how... but these 2 days hor, she really gets worse leh... practically awake the whole nite, either becos wide awake or becos suddenly like frightened..... haiz... must be that stupid renovation works going on the unit just below my unit... all the hacking and drilling during the day really frightened her lah... maybe that is the cause of the whole thing... so daytime she super sleepy, disturbed by the renovation works and never nap properly throughout ... and worse still affects her feeding also... now even 4 hours, she also never wake up for feeds leh... haiz.. super worried....

BBtiger
Anything can always ask... I ask alot too !! haha... By the way, previously are you from 2ww thread??

haha.. if u force her to drink n she drink then don't care... hahaha.. just feed... hehe... try n error and see how it goes lo...

how come awake every night? not enough to drink? u don't put beansprout pillow over her ah?

4 hrs nvr wake up is like too long liao leh.... if u worried she nt enough then wake her up to drink lo.. yesterday my gal eat porridge at 11 then slp at 2 till 5 and 5 then drink milk lo... hahahaa.... but she wake up at 4am duno for wat...

BBtigger
oh ic ... congrats to you too !!

alamak... force her to drink, she dont wanna drink leh... then she cry and cry and push out the teat or turn her head away??

I gave her more like what you have advised me the other time lor... increase the quantity for her last feed... and also got put beansprout pillow over her too, but no use...

yah le... 4 hours too long liao leh... somemore even she dont cry and dont feel hungry one meh??? haiz...
sad.gif

oh your gal also wake up dunno for wat?? sometimes hor, i feel that bb dunno wake up for wat leh..and dont wanna sleep.. and not hungry and not wanna change nappy... dunno what they want.

BBtigger.. congrats to you too! my advise is don't buy too many clothes! ahahaha... i think i wasted alot $$ on clothes lo.. hehe.. those dresses buy 2 or 3 enough liao.. they grow damn damn fast! n for breast pump, look for promo then i think can prepare to buy already....

if she push away n cry means she full and don't want to drink already....

ya.. mine after 4 hrs she also don't feel hungry lo... she just want to play lo... but my PD says as they grow older, some might eat lesser...

hahaha... same same... I too sleepy so i just stuff e pacifier into her mouth n i go back to slp.. don't care her liao...

cljl
yah... now when she pushes away, I will try another 2 times... If she really dont wan, then no choice... but she drinks lesser and the feeding interval is more already... So whether she drinks enough anot le...

Now even when I stuff her with pacifier, she will still want attention, want us to carry her and etc... really feel so tiring when she's awake... but daytime, also gotta try hard not to let her sleep too much le...

whow.. she so young already know how to push away.. ahaha.. sometimes it could be her hands? hahaha....
mine also push away her bottle at times.. but i stuff it back to her mouth.. ahhaha... if now she push it away.. when she grow older... she will push it harder liao lo... mine is like that now....

enough or not enough will have to see her mood liao lo.... or u see her behavior.. is she satisfied?

try to stuff her pacifier when she is going to slp lo.. try not to use too much pacifier ah.. next time addicted then jialat liao lo... n dun keep on carrying her lo... or u want to lie on the bed then talk to her... maybe it helps instead of carrying her?

cljl
yah lor... or she will use her tongue or turn her head left and right or use her hands t push the teat/bottle away......

her behaviour?? she never cry or make noise leh... only when we force her to drink, then she make noise.....

dunno why she's drinking much lesser milk le....made me left and store alot of FBM....

hahaha... its probably their mood lo.. mine also like this sometimes...

let her rest a while then feed her again lo... isit the teats?

don't keep too much BM lo.. i kept till my freezer full.. after that.. watever, she don't drink, i throw...

cljl
but if becos of the teat, she should be that at the start of the feeding, she wont want already right? nt when almost finish 3/4 then make noise??

i tried giving her FBM before during her 1 month plus, but she ok leh... so i continue to store lor...u mean no need to store too much>?? how much is too much?? now i hv stored 120ml x 60 packs leh.... so u mean ultimately, i may not hv the use of them to feed her?

no leh... mine also finish ard the 3/4 then she make noise de....

i also gave her FBM be4.. but then.. who don't like fresh food right? So whatever i pump, i give her drink.. then end of the day i throw... next day pump for her next day intake....

i had much more stored FBM than u lo.. in e end, i throw and i give ppl... n now, my mum use it to soak her legs... I even use to wash face(fresh one only)... u can try to wash ur face too.... hehehe...

now that ur daily supply is enough to last her daily feed, then no need to keep liao lo.. you will waste $$ buying the milk bags lo.... as she grows, ur supply will also increase, so no need to scared not enough for her to drink.. but if u really scared, then juz keep the milk for 48 hrs max then throw the earliest one after your pump...

cljl

Oh you mean after some time giving the fresh BM, your gal doesnt want the FBM anymore?

That's what I'm also afraid of... but when I return to work and will pass my gal to the baby sitter, if dont store FBM, will that be enough by giving only BM store in the fridge?

Hey can i join in?
Hv a few qtns here.
Pumpkin not good for baby?
My 4 mths old bb wake up 3 times for bf from 1-6am, isit norm. Kind of tired cannot zzz at all.
Btw all of u are total bf?
Cos a day 1 add abt 2 time fm for him.i never pump i don like.
Now my breast hv a big lump , after latching whole day still there. Massage also no use le.

Btw there is a bb fair from today to sun at expo.i m gg to see anything to grAb cos if fm is cheap i will buy in bulk to stock up.

nono.... wat i mean is EBM is still much better and fresher than FBM... so if u got sufficient supply for her, then no need to give her FBM ma.. coz FBM got fishy smell which i hate.. hahaha...

i have sufficient BM for my gal after I started work... She has 5 feeds a day about 3.5 to 4 hrs apart depending on her sleeping time.. So i stored in 5 milk bottles to bring to my MIL house... after going back to work I still throw my 2nd pump in office....

jayho... sure....
pumpkin is good ah.. juz that mine that time duno why gt virus infection after eating pumpkin.. maybe not clean... but its 1 of those food that is less allergic...

whow... that means ur bb haven tune to day n night yet? wake up 3 times from 1-6am is alot leh... mine 2 mths plus slp throughout the night liao...

yeah.. both of us are on total BF(pumping)... hahaha.... u mean you don't like to pump?

lump at ur breast means u have alot of milk there... you will need to pump or latch on or have hot towel to massage for the milk to come out... ltr engorged then damn painful n fever leh...

yeah.. duno got anything to buy at bb fair anot leh.. even thot of taking leave tomorrow... hahahaha...

cljl

Whew... finally can settle down... you know, this morning my gal threw tantrum.... She like cannot sleep soundly... then imagine carry her liao, and the moment, I put her down, she started to cry again... then even when it's time to drink her milk, she refuses to drink..... She cry cry and cry.... I really din know what to do with her... luckily in the end, I carry her and she dozed off and I dont dare to put her down liao... until she slept 1 hour later, than again I tried to feed her milk, then finally she drank.... In total becos of her mood swing, I kept heating up the milk and throw 3 bottles... cos cannot keep for more than 1 hour if heated up already rite?? Can you imagine, she end up only drank after 6 hours since last feed in the early morning.... ?? haiz... luckily in the end, she got drink after the 6 hours, else I really dunno what's wrong with her or izzit becos of the EBM stored in the fridge that she dont wanna drink....

Oh... yah rite... EBM is still much better than FBM.... Tink by only storing EBM, she already cannot finish... So thinking maybe can just store in the fridge should be enough for her and got to bring to the baby sitter's house already...

Oh no, I have just bought many boxes of milkbags, and now if I dont need to store, then the milkbags have no use to me already... haiz... waste $$$ buying the milkbags liao leh... What am I going to do with the milkbags?

When you go back to office to express BM, do you express out already and put in milkbags and bring home or just remain in bottles that you have expressed out to bring home?

How many times you pump in office and how long interval of each pumping session?

Wa... you also thinking of going to the baby fair?? By the way, baby fair got things to buy meh??? Really not sure whether should go anot... scare end up nothing to buy or end up buying things which I shouldnt buy... wahaha.....

OH yah.... what kind of toys do you buy for your gal at 2 months??? any specific kinda of toys???

jayho
your bb 4 months already havent tune to day and night??? My gal is just 2 months and sometimes also havent tune back... On certain days, she will be awake at night lor... wa... when tat happens, really faintz.... super tiring...

How come you mentioned that you dont wanna pump izzit ?? In order to be able to sleep at night, I have just started to pump 1 less session especially at night... So one day will pump only 5 sessions instead of 6 sessions.... If you have longer interval of pumping sessions which for me it's quite effective.... I will use a hot towel to massage my breast before I do the pumping 1st thing in the morning cos my last pumping is at 11pm and 1st pumping at 5.30am... It works for me !! At least have more sleep during the night... If bb dont wake up at night for feeds, thats a console for me ... hee.. then I can sleep more....

if heated, cannot keep more than 2 hrs.... hur.. 6 hrs is abit too long leh.. is she ok? might be something wrong leh...

ya lo.. so if EBM is enough then no need to freeze liao.. unless u ks hor.. scared u sick.. choi! u store for 1 wk lo.. that time i super duper high feve, luckily i got 4 feeds for her... then fever down to 37 then give her drink.. if not she gt no milk to drink....

talk abt milkbags... I also have lo.. i have 4 bags at home lo... so stupid that time i ks buy 10 packs... then store n throw.. like throw away my $$ lo....

now.. watever i pump in office i throw leh.. coz my pumps at home enough for her day supply lo.... if need to keep, then i will keep in my pump bottle lo.. no need to waste milk bag...

i onli pump once in office which is after lunch.. morning i pump at 6, then 12 then 6 or 7 then 10.30 before i sleep...

haha... i also duno leh... like nothing to buy lo.. scared waste time if i go.. dun go can save $$... hahaha...

errm.. she gt not much toys leh... when im home with her, i always play the Your Baby and Read DVD lo... talk to her sing to her.. her only toys for 2 mths is e Lamaze Cube.. thats all.. hahaha..

abit too little toys for her lo i feel....

cljl
yah manz.... 6 hours is too long... but she wants the sleep more than eat lor.... wat can I do... when I stuff the teat for her, she din even wanna suck and kept crying hard already.... I got to monitor and see how... cos morning like tat, just now evening also like tat... end up she wanna sleep again.. then i also fed her after 4.5 hrs too... initially I thought it's something wrong with my BM... but she did finish it off leh... so the problem should not be with my BM i guess...

store for 1 week means 6 feeds avg x 7 = 42 packs hor? Cos that time remember i had breast infection, luckily I stored also but only 20 plus packs cos that time supply not high... end up i gave FBM and FM concurrently cos not enough FBM... and luckily she ok to drink FBM that time and finished them off already...

I can understand that kinda of feeling... store liao, if dont drink will throw away ... store is like for emergency use lor... think for normal consumption the fresh supply is already enough...

Oh so your pumping session is 6 hourly??? I'm also thinking of doing that when I go back to office to work... But got to tune like 1 week before go back office right?? Else go back office, hard to tune also.... if breast too full, cannot concentrate on work too ....

haha.. yah rite... if go sure spent $$ one .. cos already make the trip down ... Dun go, sure save $$ ...

Oh... same leh.. I'm also doing that... I talk to her and sing to her ... so not much toys too ... even if buy toy, at this stage I dunno what toy to buy for her leh.... hee...

whow.. 6 hrs realli damn long.. wats her total feed a day.. you noe how to calculate?

if fresh supply enough then don't store liao lo.. waste the milk bags also...

ya lo... 6 hrly.. no choice leh... how to pump more in office.. n its very very tiring lo... i started to pump 4 times a day abt 3 wks be4 i go back to wrk.. 1 wk too little la... hahaha....

haha.. also duno wat to buy.. dun go la.. but i heard that pampers 2 packs onli at $20.. but i duno wat brand...

i think if wan to buy toys, better buy those educational one lo.. now she too young to know also... can buy those music toy then read to her lo.. now i read to my girl she keep on closing the book.. hahaha... then when i on the My Baby can Read DVD she keep on laughing.. think she is enjoying it....

sorry i lost the thread, forgot where haha.

how to let him sleep thru night?
He call me for milk than after drinking 5-10min he went back to aleep again.

I used to pump initially, bleed alot and cause pain, don dare to let bb drink bloody milk.
everytime pump sure bleed and only 20-30ml very demoralising.
thats y i stop n latch, my boy like it n i feel so much comfortable.
When I alone at home I can BF him whole day.
But when pp mum,mil,fil at home..sianz..bb cry means not full means no milk insist i give FM.
So no choice lo,1-2 times or when I not at home have to FM him.

My lump smaller now after latching 2 days. damm pain tat day when i start conversation wif u guys.

I went yesterday, good buy. depends on wat u need.
I bought 12 tins of karihome, save ard $60.;P

no time to walk n see.
Goo.n diaper $18.
I think huggies also hv sale I see alot pp buy.
oh ya i think does baby can read DVD 20% off.
Heinz 4-6 mth 4 for $5 i think.

Too many things to see, don know wat to
buy too.

D u all give heinz to your bb?

Where u guys stay?
How old is your child?

hey jay.. welcome back! ahahaha...

errm.. letting ur bb slp thru the night takes time.. diff bb gt diff patterns.. so need to slowly see... i think could base on his daily intake?

whow! u pump n bleed 20-30ml is alot! mayb ur suction u on too powerful isit? if ur boy is ok in latching then carry on.. but then.. jus a warning if he too used to latching, u go out alone.. then gt problem liao....

mayb u can try to pump wif a softer suction n see how lo... FBM very heaty leh.. but if u gt enough BM y give FBM???

thats gd to hear that ur lump is smaller.. continue to press n massage n put hot water if pain...

whow.. buy so many things? im only using mamy poko leh.. tot of chaning to pantz type coz she keep on turning n difficult to change for her... i dun like huggies lo.. too thick...

heiz i think 4 for $5 shld be quite cheap... so it must be pack wif ppl lo... still thinkin want to go anot leh.. scarly spent too much $$$....

i give my gal 1 time when she was 4 mths.. then doc say better start solid after 6 mths, so i stop lo...

i stayed at AMk n she is 7 mths 1 wk now....

cljl
If usually if she goes on a 3 hourly feed during the day, her total feed will be at least 600 - 700 ml with an average of 100 ml per feed....

Um... think for the time being, I dont store first liao.... If she cannot finish drinking, then gotta throw liao...

Huh?? gotta try 3 weeks before I go back office??? That would mean that I have to try nearing end June.... cos I'm going back to office during 3rd week of july.... wow ! Time flies manz.... like maternity leave of 16 weeks super fast leh... dont feel like going back to office to work manz !! haha...

2 packs of diapers for $20 is the brand "Pampers" ... I saw in the newspaper advert, but only limited to 50 sets for each size per day... I am actually using the brand "Pampers" but I realised that when she poos, the "juice" will stain her bottom that she is wearing as well... which I find it not good leh... I thought that should be able to absorb well without problem... after the "Pampers" diapers have finished, I would try Mamy poko which I have already bought a BIG pack... see if it's better...

If like tat for the time being, dont buy too many toys first... when she's bigger then see what to buy again....

jayho
For your baby to sleep throughout the nite, really got to do trial and error lor... different babies have different patterns... now my gal is still adjusting to her sleeping pattern... sometimes can sleep throughout the night and sometimes cannot and will wake up awake and play at night.... wa.. when that happens, will be super tiring manz...

If pumping will bleed, I will also thinking that maybe the pump suction is too powerful leh... Or have you tried manual pumping instead and see whether will still bleed? Cos I realise also that the suction for manual pump is not as powerful as electric pump.... But of cos, the downside is that the hands will be pretty tiring... which brand of pump are you using?? I'm actually using avent pump, which initially when I started pumping, I think the suction of the electric pump is too much liao... Now that I have tuned, it's gets much better....

Or maybe you can try the method which I am doing also... that's what my confinement lady taught me... Before you start your pumping session, use a hot towel and massage your breast, then just before you place the pump onto your nipple, try to squeeze abit of BM and rub it around the aerola and tip.. then only place the pump to your breast to begin suction..... If use electric pump, try to tune to a mild suction first, then pump for like 5 mins or so, then only switch to a stronger suction to last for the rest of the pumping session... That may help to reduce or prevent the bleeding from happening....

Goo diaper is imported from Japan.... And I have happen to have seen the Boss before... hee......Thought this brand is the high range $$ of diapers .... Not sure whether it's good...

Yah rite.... I also heard that better to give solid food only after 6 months... as giving solid food earlier will affect the absorption of iron intake.... So better wait till 6 months lor... hee...

I am staying in Woodlands and my gal is only 2 months old now.. hee... So where are you staying??

think for ur gal, she shld drink at least 750ml a day leh... must slowly increase abit... Coz if too little, then at nite might nt sleep very well..
found a web to calculate milk intake -
http://www.fourfriends.com/cgi-bin/milk.pl

maternity leave always pass very fast! I took 12 wks then balance flexi.. haha.. feels like i got alot of leave left... still have balance of 3 days to clear my maternity leave.. hehe... go back office gt gd n bad lo.. can get away n gt fresh air while u miss ur gal...

oh... 1st 50 sets... sure alot ppl grab de lo... I also dun quite like Pampers.. prefer Mamy Poko.. Cheaper than Pampers also lo...

you wan u get those DVD hor.. when she awake after her milk, play n watch with her.. i feel its very gd lo...

the Goon diapers, heard frm my colleague that its not bad.. but then i saw my nephew wear, after a while, e outer cotton like frills leh... hahaha...

cljl
I have tried to increase the dosage, but she always never finish the milk leh... so i thought can keep it to 100ml during the day feed and 120ml for last feed lor.... and she doesnt cry or not satisfied after each feed leh... so I thought no need to increase... not enough ah?? ops.. then tink I will slowly increase to 110ml each feed...

U r rite! Got good and bad... although will miss my gal... but at least can be out of house also if go work... except dont really like giving to a baby sitter to take care of my gal.. haiz... wat to do....

Yah manz... sure alot of ppl grab one le... I think hor, will try Mamy Poko.. if good, then will continue with that lor... heard that Mamy Poko can absorb well especially throughout the nite...

DVD?? Means let her watch TV? izzit good that so young already watch TV le??

like frills?? how come like tat ?? too soft izzit ?? hee

if she nvr finish means she full liao lo... slowly increase lo.. coz BM is quite watery so still ok... every other day juz increase, if she can finish gd, then after that increase again.. haha.. mine drinkin 210ml nw leh....

ur MIL cant take care? i kinda dun like babysitter taking care lo.. actually i also dun like my MIL take care.. but bo bian...

if alot ppl grab then no pt going to buy liao.. hahaha.. yaya.. Mamy Poko is good.. can absorb very well.. i last change my gal at 10pm then last till she wake up at 8am to bathe....

yaya... let her watch.. its her development... but not too long 1 day lo.. those educational DVD 1 chpt only 20 mins.. so still ok... dun let her watch those drama lo.. ahhaha...

i also duno abt e frills leh... so overall i like Mamy Poko....

cljl
Um... she got one pattern one ... always the last 2 mouthfuls dont wanna finish.... haha... Yah .. i will increase again... see whether she finishes all... I just gave her 110ml and she finish almost all except the 2 mouthfuls... hee...

haiz.. 1st thing, my MIL dont wanna take care of kids since after she gave birth to 5 kids.... even my SIL and BIL's kids, she also dont take care ... she wanna do her own things lor.... 2nd thing is that she stay quite far away which is at bukit merah... cos we stay with my parents... and my parents are still working... only can help out abit during nite time.. so sometimes they will help take care during nite time.... I got no choice but to put to baby sitter... I have also considered the infant care centre... but too bad the centre just behind my office and dont have vacancy ... and somemore not the best option cos infant care also not really good...

haha... since Mamy Poko good, think once i use liao, i wont change to other brands... But ask you har, even can absorb well, does it mean that bb wont have nappy rash also??

hee... ic ... ok ok will consider getting DVD for her if I have the chance to buy... hee... Till now, will you bring her out on your own?? For me, I still dare not go out alone with her leh... scare she suddenly got pattern, then chum liao.. hee..

Sometimes, Mamy Poko got promo also rite??

hahaha.. she wan to leave reserve ah.. hahaha....
slowly increase lo...

whow.. then bo bian got to let baby sitter take care liao lo.. no choice... like tat ur MIL like abit lazy hor.. keke....

yaya.. so far i use drypers, huggies, pampers, mamy poko.. mamy poko is the best.. i also like the winnie e pooh prints.. hehehe...

yaya.. get those DVD.. its gd for her n u also.. can talk and sing along... when she grow older, she will know liao...

errm yes.. i brought her out alone on pram lunching with my colleague when she was abt 3 mths plus.... so far so gd... just that my bag is damn damn heavy.. coz gt my EBM n hot flask of water n her clothes, pampers n etc lo...

errm.. i duno abt e sale leh.. coz now im still using the pampers my dad n my hubby colleague buy.. hehehe...

Nono i mean whe pump only 20-30ml when times r
good w/o bleeding.
I hv try medela electric n avent manual.
All method i try no use cos once every 2 days will bleed.
So decide to latch.
The prob with y i give fm is bcos the elder always nag nag say not full ask me give. Bui ta han nagnag so once or twice a day i fm him.
Envy u guys hv so much breastmilk n no one nag.
Don envy pp who hv mother or mil take cos each hv each problem.
They don encorage me bf.
They don let bb sleep till late late.
Always want to feed bb solid food.
N always do they own way n when u say cannot they will say last time they also like tat y now cannoot. Haiz...
Talking abt edu worst, say i bo liao go libray borrows book n buy flash card, u think bb know meh.. Wao kao...

Oh in any case u guys know abt any dvd can recommend me too.
happy.gif

I m using fitti premium, very good.

Back