About BREASTFEEDING

cljl
Hi.... just wanna comment on latching lor ... my gal refuses to be latched already... Now i have to pump every 3 hourly ..... cos she would cry to her full extent once she sucks my breast for only 5 mins.... I have checked with the lacttion consultant and she mentioned that I should have no problem with latching the bb and my milkflow is good... keeps dripping one lor ... but just that my gal refuses to suck my nipple... quite sad already..... the moment i try to latch her on, the more disappointed I become each time... cos she will only suck a while, and starts to get irritated and dont wanna continue anymore and cry cry cry until we decided to give him bottle feed.... it's really a hard journey to go through tat period of time when I kept rying to latch her on.... I really dunno whether I should give up latching anot since my gal doesnt wan to leh.. .even how hungry she is, she will ultimately cry cry and cry instead of continuing to suck lor.. even the lactation consultant also say my gal super clever one lor.... only wan her easy way out to drink milk, which is by bottle feed.... so in order to let her still have the best milk, I will still have to make the effort to pump out lor .... else i will go depress leh.. .cos everytime she ended up crying hor .... , then i would have no choice but to pass to the confinement lady to bottle feed her and go back to my room to cry lor ...

Lilac
Heard that Medela milk storage bags are quite ex..... any recommendaton for economical and good milk bags which can last for long run???

Gals.... By the way, does anyone know whether the avent cups of 125ml which comes in a pack of 10.... only can be used up to 4 times of sterilisation??? Cos i heard from one friend tat these cups cannot be used for too many times... cos each time u sterilise, the protection will wear off liao... but the cups not cheap also .... So when I bought it, I thought that it's economical if can be used many times and the label also says can be used for several times.... but exactly, I din know that it's only 4 times use... .can anyone please advise me?? Cos I am still using it like 2 weeks liao.... and many times liao.... Or is there a practical way like storing in milk bottles are better? Cos I will store EBM in the fridge first before transferring to freezer lor ... so I would need a medium which is the cup/bottle to store the milk.......

hi dreamababy,

I use Boots & Lansinoh...quite sturdy & so far so good leh...

i also have the Avent VIA cups, yes have heard that there's limited number of usage...but can't remember if it's as little as 4 times only! I also have many milk bottles.

I ran out of freezer space so had to use milkbags. also more convenient for pumping at work.

Gerxy,

Do you have any idea where to buy Lansinoh milkbags?? Cos I have went to kiddy place to check, but the staff told me that they do not carry this brand over there..... So where else can I buy this milkbags?

But if there is limited number of usage, how many times should I use before I decide to throw away then? Cos the pack instruction only mentioned several times..... So i'm not sure when to decide to throw away leh....

As for the milk bottles, u mean I should get how many? By the way, how many bottles do you have in total? I have got like 6-7 bottles at this moment. Is there a need to get more then??

By the way, how many hours interval did you do the pumping?? Initially, I pump every 3 hourly... but find it super tiring especially when the confinement lady goes off, I dunno how to juggle between feeding my bb gal and pumping lor .... Can extend to 4 hours interval pumping anot? what is the effect or difference ah? would there be a great impact? ops... sorry for asking so many questions..... 1st time mummy worries....

Hi dreamababy, i answer one by one oki...

I bought the boots milkbags from one of the mummies posting in the WTS section of the portal. lansinoh milkbags i order through BP in this portal, the member's name is littlethinkies if i'm not wrong. u can search the BP threads.

milkbags can oni use once. for the avent via cups, did urs come with instuction manual? i think i mite have read it there...once u exceed the number of times it can be used to store ebm, u can still use the via cups to keep baby's snacks, etc....

i have 10+ bottles cos i started out using via cups & bottles...when I went back to work, i had to pump more often so ran out of freezer space. uf u're using milkbags to store, 6-7 bottles at the moment is enough.

erm, during my maternity leave i always latch on. i oni feed baby bottle on a few occasions when i went out for gathering. since i missed his feed i had to pump to keep up the demand.

now that i'm back at work, i pump during lunch abt 12pm & mid noon about 3pm+. these are the same time as my baby's feeding times, which is quite consistent because i always begin the day with a 8am feed.

also in the morning aft the 8am feed, i'll pump to empty my breasts, as nowadays baby only wakes at most once in the night for milk. so my breasts are very full in the morning.

i wld recommend u pump about the same time each day...if u're fully pumping, can do it during your baby's naps...if ur baby is feeding at 4 hrs gap then ur pump gap at 4 hrs shouldnt be a problem.

also it depends on how much your baby needs & how much u have...if you're still trying to establish your milk supply, i suggest still keeping to 3 hrs gap so as not to affect supply. if u have a regular milkflow already, i think it's ok to widen to 4 hrs gap.

i believe ur baby is reaching 1 mth soon? still early, better to stick to 3 hrs first.... for me my milkflow was only established mid of 2nd month...

dreamababy,
I have some Lansinoh milkbags 25pcs for sale,
brandnew, never opened,
at $9.50 a box,
pls PM me if suitable.
happy.gif

Gerxy
Thanks for your advice~!!

Yah my bb is reaching 1 month next week.

Huh.... in tat case, I gotta keep away the avent VIA cups liao.... cos i tink i have used for many many times already.....

Ops ... i just started to do 4 hours pumping from yesterday onwards... u mean I better keep it to 3 hourly still even at night???

How do you know whether the milkflow is established already??? Every pump is the same amount/volume of milk??

I realised that when yesterday I started to pump 4 hourly hor ... can pump more milk leh... like 160ml.... but when do 3 hourly pumping only can pump out 120ml....

for me.. i pump every 2 hrs.. and i;ll get about 4oz.. if i were to pump 4 hrs later... i'll get double of tht amt..

hey gals.....

ask u.... have anyone started your baby with pacifier?

Is it good or bad ah??? sometimes my bb even just fed not long ago.... but wanna sleep tat time, like she would open her mouth and show that she want something else leh before she goes to sleep.....

Cos I heard that it's not good for bb to suck on pacifier leh.... but how true leh.... any comments?

hi girls, can i get your advise. im not working and i'm first time mtb, due in sept. my sil said i should latch on since i am not working, no need pump, but hubby's sis said i shd buy pump coz will be too tiring. however, i scare if i buy now, what if no breastmilk? if buy when bb born, im worried hubby duno how to buy during the confinement period when i really need it if i have c-sect and have difficulty to latch on.

if can, i would like latch on, but not sure if i can do it?

any advise whether i should buy before bb born and if yes, what type i should buy

hi gillian,
congrats. its good to invest on a pump even if u intend to latch ur bb. pump out the excess after latching, have to clear both breast if not might have block duct and ur hb can also have a chance to feed bb using the express BM.
its unlikely tt there'll be no BM.
my bb refuse to latch due to shot nipple so i had to do pumping. I had c-sect and i think there shouldn't b problem breastfeeding after c-sect.
recommend medela breast pump. I'm using medela swing, not too expensive but only pump 1 side each time. use medela PIS b4, but still prefer swing, very portable can bring out to shopping too.

hi dreamababy, i would say milk is established when your baby has enough from you during his feeds...i guess if you're not latching, your ebm should be about 80 or more by now?

hi bbtiger, i agree, you shld get a pump even if you're latching....u cant always be there to feed your baby so it's good to pump out if you're having a night out & also to empty your breasts.

there are some mummies who sell their preloved pumps in WTS section...so you can consider that as backup if you eventually do not use pump...

i'm using avent manual pumps (abt $120 each) for home & for outings & duo electric (abt $600 at taka fair) at the office.

the good thing about double electric whether it's medela or avent is pumping both breasts at the same time stimulates your breasts for more milk to be expressed. u'll find that even if u latch on, you might want to use a breast shield for the other side to catch some milk that will drip...every drop is precious! ;)

the good thing about manual pump is it's portable & you cant pump anywhere - dont need electrical outlet. less bulk too. but i feel it's less powerful.

between medela & avent, 3 mummies have told me medela is more painful & avent more gentle (i believe it's the way avent stimulates letdown)...however, medela is very established in this area & the electrical set seems smaller & thus more portable.

dreambaby... this is exactly what happen to me..... Mine milk flow is also very good.. just that she don't want to suck also... for the first few days in hospital is fine.. then when im back to my mil hse... whenever i latch her, she will latch for like less than 5 mins on 1 side then i change then she push n cry damn loud.... n what i hate most is my mil came in when im latching.. n she commented n say not enough to drink la this n that.. so each time i latch her then she will give her bottle liao... haiz.. they scared she not enough so keep on pestering me to give her bottle... i seriously hate it la...

so each time after i latch her for 5 mins, i will pump out everythin lo... haiz.. just too tired..

as for pumping out your milk, it is best to pump every 3 hrs to sustain the supply... i pump every 3 hrs till i went back to work... then after back to work i pump in the morning, afternoon, evening and before i sleep....

how much supply do you have now?

hi jazz/gerxy, thanks for your input
happy.gif
at least clear one of my mind that i should get one.

can i know if i use manual pump and electric pump, usually how long it will take to pump one side?

hi BBtigger... congrats!

regarding breast pump, i was actually hesitating to get one becoz heard alot of friends and family say i might not have milk this n that.. n my hubby also discourage me from buying early...

But somehow, I saw ameda as a cheaper double electric pump as compared to medela and avent, so i just bought it.. hahaha... been using it every 3 hrs for the first 3.5 mths and every 6 hrs now... and its working fine...

Overall, I think it is good to get double electric coz u would nt noe how much supply you have... if you have alot... manual is going to kill your hands! ahahaha....

I took about 20 mins to pump for double electric...

hi cljl, i see, thanks
happy.gif
as im not working, so im thinking of latching on as much as i can unless certain situation like what gerxy has mention, going out. if my mum helps to take care of bb, then i will need to pass the breastmilk for my mum to feed my baby. is double electric expensive?

hi gillian,
mine is single pump, i pump each side for at most 15min. not recommended to pump too long. so for both side is within 30min every 3hrly.

i still prefer single pump, the price is much cheaper and more portable n light to carry around.

i only use manual pump when my medela PIS died, n for tt 2 day waiting for my new pump to arrive my hand really very suan using the manual pump.

nvr tried piegon b4 no commend.

hi BBtigger..
Ya.. You can latch on as much as possible but if you are going out alone then best to express out for your mum to feed the baby...

I bought mine at $420.. Think now might be cheaper...

i agree with jazz then single is cheaper and portable.. But then.. if you want fast, then double would be easier...

Gerxy
yah ... my each pump is around 160ml in total.... but my gal's current feed now is 100ml.... So if like tat, should be considered as established liao lor??

cljl
hey... we got into the same situation leh.... Right now, I have no choice but to pump everything out for her .... cos each time i latch her on.... she will react the same way again and again without fail... no improvement at all leh... So I tink got no choice but we have to do pumping exercise... haha... My mum also like your MIL... also keep asking she drink not enough izzit har .... quite frustrated to hear tat hor ... ???

By the way, I realised that if I pump 4 hourly hor ... i got more supply of milk....as compared to 3 hourly pumping... So right now, I have started on 4 hourly pumping instead... cos I also scare go back office will be super disruptive to pump every 3 hourly.... and will affect my work lor.... i pump each side for like 15 mins.to 20 mins... so the initial flow quite fast... so by then, my breast is almost emptied liao....

My supply now is 160ml in total per 4 hourly pumping.... how abt yours??

haha.. dreamababy....

haiz... even thou she cried damn loud, i still force her to latch on.. until when she is 4 wks old, she just refused to latch lo.. haiz.. so i no choice but to full time pump...

its damn damn frustrating to hear it lo... can u imagine on the 4th day when my milk supply not in... my hubby went to NTUC to buy a big tin of SIMILAC milk and my gal only drink once... and still... when i express out, my mil say whow.. how come u got so much! i was like... damn..... and the funniest part is if i sleep side ways at night, my shirt will have 1 big patch of milk... hahaha.. too much...

yaya.. should pump every 4 hrs.. 3 hrs too near apart and will be very very tiring de lo...

go back to work, very very diff to pump every 4 hrs.. now im pumpin every 6 hrs apart...

now my supply each pump is about 350ml...

hi bbtiger, for double electric i take about 10-15 mins to pump...for manual, i take about 20-25mins....

yes, manual is abit tiring, especially if you're going to pump all the time....for me during my maternity leave, i just latch on at home & when i go out with baby & for night feeds....dont need to prepare anything!
happy.gif

cljl
yah yah .... tat i agree too !! especially the 4th day to a week.... tat time was really bad .... my hubby also have to go ntuc to buy the similac milk for the time being.... cos my mum and the confinement lady scared that not enough for bb to drink .... really super sian and low morale tat time lor ....

when go back to office, the pumping interval got to be extended lor ... now even i pump 4 hourly, i still find quite near too ... .cos hor ... when i need to go out and run errand... have to plan what time and quickly rush out and come back cos need to pump... haiz.. cannot be out for too long somemore....

wow !! each pump is 350ml??? tats in your how many months now ??

hi ladies...

just to check.. this week is my baby's 4th week and ive been pumping my milk since week 2 onwards.. due to the fact that the elderly keep insisting my ss is low thus baby is crying..hence i got to pump out to show them how much baby is crying..

as such, i'm having difficulty latching my baby now.. i've been exclusively pumping since week 2 to now (week 4).. each pump from both breasts is about 180ml - 200ml...usually morning is the best yield...

may i know when will my milk supply be stablized and even stable, how can i increase it further???

thanks.

dreamababy.. whow.. at the 4th day mi is super duper depressed that i cried so badly leh.. Whoever i see i cry lo.. hahaha... I keep on sulking and say i want to preserve to breastfeed lo.. dun keep on discouraging and say no milk nvm...

Whow... U in office still can pump 4 hourly ah... Very tiring leh... And becoz Im pumping full time, if i go out shopping, my 2nd pump will be at 12 then I need to rush back home by 6 to pump at 7 lo.. if not will be damn hard n pain.. when my gal hit the breast its damn painful la! ahahahaha....

now she is 6 mths... I still throw my 2nd pump of milk away... hehehe....

BBtigger : my comments is get what you think is affordable and useful..
happy.gif

Jane : you mean from week 2 till week 4 you didn't latch your baby? I ever saw from duno where that baby will reject breast after 8 weeks or earlier if you intro bottle feed early... coz the bottle flow is faster and easier...

as for your milk supply, it will gradually increase according to your baby needs.. So don't worry that you got not enough... how many hours interval did you pump?

cljl
i pump 4 hourly cos i only just finish my confinement leh... now is my 2nd month of maternity leave.... I took 4 months straight, so will only be back in office in end jul.... So right now since at home, will do 4 hourly pumping lor .... sometimes hor... like wat you mentioned, when go out hor, i will somehow feel stressed to hurry myself just to be in time for the pump... I told my hubby if next time hor, go out, tink gotta bring the pump and use the manual pump if no plug in the nursing room leh... cos hor, ytdy when we brought our bb out for follow up visit and then went back to my office to distribute the 1st month vouchers hor... and then went out for buy bb stuffs... until I exceeded my 4 hourly pumping leh.. cos i tot should be quite fast, so never bring the pump out lor .... then I went to the nursing room to try latching on my bb ... who knows... without improvement, she still latch on one side for 10 mins, then dont wan liao... then dont even wanna latch on the other side and cry super loudly leh... struggle manz....

In the end, I got to try to 'manually' squeeze out the milk in order not to feel tat full.... so heartpain to waste the milk also.... but rather than engorgement manz..... After tat, quite sad that need to rush home just to pump lor.... the feeling is really like no life leh.... gotta rush here and there.... somemore brought bb out also no use... the whole outing is full of bb activities like carrying her when she cries, carry her when she wants to sleep, bottle feed her, changing nappy, and doing pumping ..... wa.... in the end like never enjoy the outing at all lor..... hai......

Last time I really din know gotta sacrify so much hor .... cos we wanted bb so much last time when we tried for so long i.e.2 years before we have the 1st bb now... was disappointed every month when we failed the attempt to conceive... but now always got to console myself tat since we wanted bb so much, got to sacrifice lor ....

hi cljl,

yes.. i didnt latch baby since week 2 onwards.. today is his 5th week... now im having problem latching him back... he'll reject the breast especially when it's feeding time... for non-feeding time, he'll probably just comfort suck for less than 5minutes and reject it...

my guess is he is used to bottle teats already hence rejecting mine =(

u mentioned that milk supply will increase based on demand.. is this applicable to exclusive pumping as well?? oh, im pumping at abt 4-6hrs interval because need to take care of baby while mummy is doing other chores.. and baby always interrupt my pumping sessions...

dreamababy : oh... still on maternity leave.. stay at home and rest more... when u go back to work is hell lo.... i got to wake up very early in the morning to express my milk lo.. haiz... every night i got less than 6 hrs of slp... even wkend also the same.. sian.... juz because of express milk! damn....

Its kinda stress when you are going out and need to pump lo... i can feel the pain for u lo.. coz it happens to me be4... during week 1, i brought bb out for check-up.. just what.. i forgot to wear breast pad and then i latch her on me, she refuse then my shirt got 2 big patch lo.. so paiseh! hahaha.... for urs 2 mths, milk should be slowly flowing in.. so exceed 4 hrs a bit still ok lo.. don't let it exceed 6 hrs! Its hell!!! hahaha....

better to waste milk then engorgement leh... i had super high fever due to engorgement lo.. whole body aching... terrible feeling...

Now, have baby is different thing liao lo.. all about commitments... every time i wan to go out, i also need to calculate the number of hours to my next pump lo.. everything is just in a rush!

Everything is a sacrifice when you have a baby lo... you will get to love your gal when you see her 1st smile... its just so sweet... Mine is like a monster now.. she will turn the moment i put her on the bed which make changing pampers for me is a challenge now....

jane : you boy might reject your breast already.... try often to latch on when baby is not so hungry and whenever you can be4 the 8th wk mark... thats where baby totally reject breast already... after that, if he continue to reject means... you will have to pump full time liao lo....

your milk supply will increase as your baby grows... exclusive pumping also the same... my max pump is 1.5l a day...

for now, its better you pump every 4 hrs instead of 6... my suggestion is to coordinate with your mum? like ask her to take care while you are pumping... its very much easier..

Hi Ladies!

Does anyone knows whether Philip will have any warehouse sale soon???

cljl
yah just expressing the milk takes up time also.... cannot imagine if i go back to work... I scare if wake up so early, will feel blur blur at work whole day manz... then after work, gotta rush back home also .... And not only wkdays rite? it will also affect wkends.... never gonna have the chance to sleep until noon or late in the morning already....

Wa.... u forgotten to wear breastpad?? Wa... i feel anything can happen if u forget just this one thing which u need to bring or wear lor... just like my incident last week... I thought also... should have brought out my pump manz.... wouldnt be so bad afterall... cos some nursing room has got electric plug.... even if no electric plug, can use manual pump instead....

the engorgement is quite bad hor... haiz... u know what? I got breast infection 2 weeks ago, also had high fever manz... .... until I even have to pump the milk out but cannot let the bb drink my milk cos I was put on antibiotics..... the doc says if dont eat antibiotics, it will get worsen and eventually infection is not easy to treat if it gets worse..... so i 'guai guai' eat the antibiotics to get well soon.. luckily am well by then... but only heartpain when the milk is wasted manz... but rather than give the bb.... which is no good.. .

Now cannot even tink of going for movies hor ... even go out and buy things like super rush lor ... else gotta prepare alot of stuffs..... hee... gosh....

Izzit that the milk supply will keep on increasing har??? actually funnie... how does the body knows that milk need to be increased le???

How long do you intend to feed your bb with BM??

And you know how to tune bb to recognise when is daytime and night time?? My gal on some days will be opposite one leh.. she sleeps alot during the day and night time dont sleep ..... initially when she was born, it is worse.... she really sleepy whole daytime and nighttime dont wanna sleep... now getting better... but still on certain days like yesterday, she still behaves like tat... Somemore I tried to keep her awake during the daytime, but it was difficult... if she wants to sleep and i try to disturb her sleep, she becomes super cranky.... really dunno whether there is any solution to this anot .... if not, when i go back to work hor, will be real bad manz.... cos if she doesnt sleep at nite, my whole nite will be gone!

Jane
your boy reject your breast too??? My gal also like tat le... until now I gotta totally pump for her ... cos she will cry super super hard until I heartpain and give her bottle feed but of cos still my milk....

And I will also ask my mum/dad/hubby to take care while i'm doing pumping... cos who knows whether during your pumping session, your boy will suddenly wake up or cry and needs your attention.?? difficult to do it alone....

Philips will normally have sales in Sep I think..

definetly you will need to wake up early to express lo... hahaha.... wkends also e same... we like slave lo... no wonder ppl say MOther is the best! This is agree!

ya! I forgot! coz I tot maybe not alot... coz 1st week pump out total less than 100ml ma.. who noes... then leak out 2 big patch lo...hehe...

whow... how come will get infection? you nvr pump? or bb nvr latch properly?

now.. im stranded at home lo.. how to go movies... worry her ears cannot take it.. cranky then cry... hahaha.. mafan.... 2 people world also cant lo...

yaya... milk will keep on increasing.. actually i also duno.. saw from duno which website that milk supply will increase according to baby's age.. if you kid is 6 mths n u want to give BM to 3 mths, cannot..

I think i feed till as long as I can survive.. hehee... Coz its a free and easy exercise leh... Im still losing wt now...

Mine slpt through the night when she was 2 months old... During the night, you must make sure no lights, no sound or anythin... daytime, must make sure its very bright.. hahaha... n continue to talk to her n say now its night time, everybody is sleeping bla bla bla.. hehe... sometimes it helps.

Jane : you must make sure you empty your breast then you can attend to your boy leh.. if not breast engorgement is not a funny thing lo.. damn painful... it happen to me during my confinement, my MIL was taking care of another baby who happens to be sick and then i don't allow her to touch my gal.. so I got to take care of her all by myself.. so whenever, she sleeps i faster pump... then after 6 hrs she no slp, i did not pump then engorgement....

hi dreamababy, yes my boy rejecting my breast too =( i tried to latch him when he is not hungry but he is doing the comfort suck which is not helping to clear the milk right??

same like ur gal, he'll cry super hard till got tears.. then i give in to bottle feed EBM too..

hubby is not staying wif me as im at my mom place.. he come to visit us alternate days onli.. so during the day only my mom and myself taking care of the baby.. mom still need to do house chores hence alot of times my pumping session is breakup because of my boi cries...

dreambaby and cljl
how long do u pump / session?? sometimes my right side i can pump pretty fast like 15-20mins but left side takes about 45mins...
i feel that there's some lumps in my left breast but no matter how i use hot water / press it hard it doesnt go away.. the lump came in like 3 days back when i overslept thru the night.. now i just cant get it away.. any advice or shld i get some massage lady to clear it for me??

jane.. comfort suck means not drinking liao lo.. same goes for my girl... she will push away my breast and when i pek cek, i wil grab her head n force her to my breast.. then she cry even louder! hahahaha...

thats very tiring for u and not very good for your pumping session leh.... like tat.. not sure if milk flow for u is good... u can try to feed him then put him to sleep then u pump immediately.. thats what i did last time...

my pump session e max is 30 mins... now im pumpin 20 mins both sides..

dun go beyond 30 mins coz ur nipple might crack lo... too strenuous liao.. as u pump, u need to massage in circular way to allow the milk to flow better... for e lump, u need to use hot towel n rub hard! reali rub hard! haha... damn pain if doesn't go away... save the $$$ n ask ur hubby to do it for u... it wrks... don't ever use cabbage coz it will reduce your milk supply...

cljl, yes i did the same as u did.. grab his head and force his mouth to my breast.. then he'll cry even louder and totally not sucking..haha..thats when i give in to bottle..

so u r doing exclusive pumping now too???

whats ur milk supply at week 5?? i wonder if mine is on the low side or it's ok...

usually for day time, my milk supply for left is about 80 and right side is about 100-125ml..

Dear all,
breastfeeding should be a very comfortable, loving experience,
it's a bond between a mummy & baby even before baby is born.

Many factors may affect baby to reject mummy's breast,
nipple confusion, short nipples, impatience from both parties,
etc. etc. etc...

When all fails, believe in yourself,
expressed breastmilk is still better than Formula Milk,
spare yourself the agony, spare your baby the cryings,
leave your energy to love your baby & your family, to rest for a better tomorrow.

Jia You everyone!!!
happy.gif

jane : hahaha... got to keep on tryin lo... do it when he is in a good mood... I tried till i pek cek then i pump lo... n Yes... im on exclusive pumping now.... its very very tiring... but im determine becoz BM can provide alot of nutrients for her.. so i got to ren lo...

if im not wrong my milk supply for wk 5 for 5 pumps are about 500+ to 600+ per day... so i think urs shld be ok... not to worry... Must make sure u drink enough water... i drank like 2 litres a day...

normally 1 side will have more milk.. mine is always on the right side.. so now 1 side is bigger than the other... hehehe..

leng leng : mine was inverted nipple but luckily she manage to latch till abt 4 wks so still ok.. at least we manage to have bonding there... will definitely persevere to provide BM coz heard formula milk very heaty.....

cljl
thought the philip warehouse sale will be in may? how come in sept??? hee.... haiz.. still waiting for the sale, can get greater bargain lor... else only can get like 20% from the shopping centre sale.....

Like what you have mentioned hor, the lights are already switched off super dark liao le.... she also wake up like 4am in the morning, then kept telling her that it's night time and you need to sleep... but doesnt help at all... you know hor, she slept very little during the daytime yesterday liao, so i expected her to sleep throughout the whole nite except waking up for feeds lor... haiz... who knows.... it's so difficult to tune her to know when is day and when is night leh..
sad.gif
super tiring leh.... really dunno what should I do... .

the breast infection har? I dunno how I got it also when she seldom latch on leh... i asked my GP and he mentioned that some mummies are like that especially during the 1st month lor... it's like hor also got a hard lump there, but if you touch it or even dont touch it, you will still feel the pain lor... and kenna fever ... then it's considered as the breast infection, tats is what my GP says.... luckily was over already....

I feel that my milk supply doesnt seem to be increasing leh... now my pump sometimes is 160 and sometimes is 200ml lor depending on whether i pump on time or slightly later.... i'm on week 6 already le...

Jane
like what cljl says, you have got to massage real hard, initially my breast also like tat ... always feel the hard lump there.... during tat period of time, I had chinese massage lady to massage whole body including the breast for me too... that really helps alot for me ... since then, i dont need to really massage after that liao... and the flow is smooth already....

For each pumping session, i took 15-20 mins using both pumps all at a time... and now my milk supply every 4 hourly is about 200ml....

So you staying with your mum now?? What I suggest is that when you doing pumping of milk, just get your mum to look after her for that 15-20 mins while you can do your pumping.... with that kind of planning, it's easier to manage lor ... that's how i work out with my mum... i will tell her my schedule timing of pumping, and she will also try to do the chores or cooking when i'm not pumping.... if your time to pump clashes with her, it's advisable that you try to schedule your pumping in such a way that both of you can manage lor....

I agree with cljl that have to drink enough water lor ... that will help also.... by eating alot of fish and payaya soup will also help.....

Leng Leng
you are right.... when I tried to latch her and she refuses, i feel so depressed and aggitated as well when my nipples are fine... just that she doesnt wanna latch on... in the end, i realise that even that it's so tiring to pump and feed her, it's still better than trying hard to latch her and she doesnt wan and end up doesnt drink enough at all... and spare her from the agony of super hard crying lor .... at least I enjoyed the times with her now better .....

hahaha.. I duno leh... I always tot its in May.. Had 1 sale when im doing my confinement... Think Nov? forget liao.. ahahaha....

some babies have different sleeping patterns de lo... I slpt late n sleep alot during pregnancy.. maybe it trains her inside? hahaha... Mine also slpt quite alot during the days leh... maybe like me, like to sleep..

oh... I kana cracked nipple lo.. damn damn painful! when she latch on, i almost cry lo.. coz she bites! ahaha.. just put more nipple cream.. Once i express till gt abit blood leh.. hahaha... Have hard breast is the worst feeling lo... Heng mine also over liao...

6 wks onli la... don't worry.... it will slowly come de... hehe... if u pump slightly late will have abit more de... but then, when i pump, i will massage to fasten the flow...

yaya.. must must eat alot alot of fish! i myself eat 1 whole promfret and "GAO" fish for each meal.. hehe... For Papaya must take e Green one.. that one is better.. but don't eat everythin coz its very liang...

cljl
When I was having my gal inside me, I also slept alot leh... But i realised that she will always super active and kick me or move about in me in the middle of the night one lor... Then in the end, I felt super sleepy at work... cos not enough sleep at night... haiz.. now even worse... she like until 3 am also dont wanna sleep.... how to tune her leh??? her eyes will be wide open lor.... and hands and legs super active and dont wanna sleep... until like 4 am ... I realli wanna tune her leh... any suggestion leh??? I have tried alot of methods liao, e.g. dont let her sleep so much during the day.. but it doesnt help at all... really feel super tired like tat leh.. no matter how i keep the room dark, she also dont close her eyes leh...

wa... yours got blood even ah?? mine dont have... only got hard lumps...

um.. actually hor, even I dont massage or massage... the quantity is still the same, maybe more by 10ml only leh.... last time used to take longer time to pump... now shorter time liao, it takes like 12 mins to finish the supply liao... so should be quite smooth rite?? i scare maybe I dont have so much milk leh....

During the confinement month, i got take alot of fish and payaya soup... but after that only take reasonable quantity of fish lor .... tat helps anot har??

hhahaa... when she is inside me.. she seldom move alot only at the last few weeks... now at 6 mths, she is moving, turning, jumping... I really want to strangle her lo... E moment i put her on the bed to change pampers, she wil turn liao lo... now.. changing need 2 person liao... haiz....

Some babies need time la.. Dun worry too much.... maybe you want to feed her more at her last feed? sometimes it works...

mine got abit of blood lo... she suck till swollen.. hahahaha.... Think its only e initial stage.. after 1 mth no more liao...

hur,.. 12 mins to finish e supply.. so fast?maybe my pump no gd? I still need to massage lo.. now my right breast abit pain coz i lasy to massage longer.. hahahhaa... but i think no matter what, massage during pumping is better lo...

My pump for 2 wks plus was abt 735ml a day (4 pumps).. but the supply fluctuate lo.. for the next few wks 700ml and below.. then around 4-5 wks i pump 5 times a day have ard 800ml to 1litres... then slowly increase till 1.2litres onwards.. Max was 1.5litres then after that at 3.5 mths, i reduce pump ti 4 times a day then slowly decreasing....

your reasonable quantity is hw much? hehe... i ate the whole fish and drink all the gravy out from the fish leh... You eat steam fish rite? I ate the whole steam fish for every meal till abt 2.5 mths leh... then the pork and e kidney also drink e gravy leh.... hahaha.....

wow cljl, ur supply is good man... salute u to ur persistent.. having whole promfret.. im not eating alot of fish too.. hmm..maybe shld get my mom to make the papaya fish soup for me le..hopefully can increase my supply..

my supply is not bad but flow down is slow.. i need to massage and press to get the amount at a shorter time.. if i lazy to massage and press while pumping, i can pump till 1 hr or more to get the required quantity...

*envy dreamababy.. so good.. u pump like 12mins jiu done deal le..

hahaha... now slowly decreasing.. need to drink more water liao.. no pump means cannot lose weight liao leh.... somemore i eat like a man now....

Eat more fish.. good for both you and baby too... don't take too much papaya.. coz its orange food...

I press now.. hahaa.. no matter what, better massage or press lo... 1 hour is realli very long leh.. now i feel pumping like super waste time lo....

Jane
you will get the hang of it when the time comes.... the flow will be smooth.. massage your breast more...

haiz... today my morning flow is low.... tink cos practically never sleep the whole nite.... my gal is incredible.... eyes wide awake for the whole nite even after 2 feeds... and when she's awake, she wants to be carried... imagine when carried liao, she still dont sleep.....

I really dunno how to tune her leh.. tried all sorts of methods.. but to no avail.. ladies, what should i do le.... now having headache....
sad.gif

dreamababy... you nvr ask ur hubby to take care also ah? even if they wrk, they aso need to help to take care at nite leh...

all babies slping pattern are different la... don't worry too much.. tat time i hand carry her for like 2 hrs to make her slp, she stil don't want lo.. n then when she slp, i put her back, her eyes open damn big and cry!!! i almost wan to kill myself lo.. hahaha...

give her more milk at nite lo... does she drink alot?

cljl
I got asked my hubby to help also leh... but i feel so paiseh to let him wake up and take care cos he still need to work the next day leh.. and i dont need mah... so i feel very bad lor ... like sometimes he sleeps until never wake up leh, so i din wake him up also lor...

u only make her try for 2 hours??? Imagine i fed her 3 times... at 1.30 once, then 3 plus once and 4 plus again... until 5 plus, she still wide awake... OMG! really feel like wanna kill myself too leh..

Oh izzit ?? where did u manage to get the infor for the sale?? then i can finally buy some more bottles liao...

hi dreamababy and cljl.. my boy doesnt sleep at night too.. he need to be carried to sleep, when u put him down, he'll start crying probably within 15mins..then e cycle starts again... after trial and error with the "bed" (i tried using stroller, mattress, baby cot, my bed and my mom's bed) and sleeping patterns.. i realized all failed except when i put him on the tummy to sleep.. whenever i lie him down on tummy, he'll sleep for at least 3 hrs till the next feed..sometimes he can sleep for 4hrs too...

so my guess is he prefers to sleep on tummy.. i know the danger but sometimes when my mom and i are really very tired, we'll give in and let him sleep on tummy... =(

tonight i'm gg to try another method.. let him sleep on his "blue chair".. (u know there is this portable net chair where the baby can lie on it during the day? it is sold at kiddy palace, very cheap like less than $50)

so far my boy is trained to sleep on this chair during the day..whenever he is awake and wana be carried, we'll just softly tap the chair - creating a soft motion-swing so that he'll fall asleep....

tonight im gg to try this method and see if it works.. hopefully it does.. *cross fingers*

oh ya..like what cljl says... my boy's last feed is usually around 12am plus.. and he takes much more as compared to usual feeding portion.. usual feeding is about 100-125ml.. his last feed for the night will be about 150ml... then he'll happily sleep.. BUT depending on what position u let him sleep - that will determine the sleeping time.. if on tummy, he can sleep till 3-4hrs.. if normal posture..he'll be awake by less than an hr.. then the rest of the night is NIGHTMARE.. all less than 15mins...

dreamababy... haha... its like tat la.. my hubby will wake up.. coz im really very very tired lo.. so i paiseh i also don't care.. hehee..

i hand carry her for 2 hrs to put her to sleep lo.. haiz.. at tat time both of us even take turns to carry her to sleep.. my hands cramp lo.. Like tat i think ur gal still have not adapt to the timing yet.. give her abit more time ba..

my hubby sent me the link leh.. at Philips itself, from 9am - 6pm..go go.. i also need to get more things.. hehe... my bottles sterilise till quite yellow liao..

whow... mine was like this be4.. we were at the stage that we pat her to sleep, she sleep soundly and when we put her on her own bed, we make sure there isnt any noise so that she wun cry lo... if really cannot.. then do tummy slp lo... might train his neck to.. now mine sleep, toss and turn, the next day i find her at e end of her cot! ahaha...

you put him at the net, will it be dangerous anot? like tat he next time don't want to slp on the bed liao lo... if 15 mins means he nt sleeping liao lo... hahaha...

Jane
wa.. ur boy aso like tat?? difficult to sleep throughout the nite even though you feed more for the last feed?? when the first time u tried feeding ur boy more for the last feed, he will finish the 150ml all??

cos all the while, i have been feeding my gal same quantity throughout. so i can try to feed my gal more and see whether she will finish it???

actually, how you put ur boy on ur tummy to sleep?? Like tummy down and back face up?

cljl
do u feed more to ur gal for last feed?? how i know how much more to feed her on last feed?? she drinks 100ml to 110 ml .....

yah manz.. gotta give her more time leh... hopefully she can tune soon....

yah lor... as time comes, when i super tired n cannot tahan, i will wake my hubby up ... haha...

your bottles used for how long, then become yellow har???

oh yes, by the way, when i will need the 330ml bottles?? cos rite now i have 4 125ml n 4 260ml bottles.... so i dunno whether should i get more 260ml bottles and also 330ml bottles and how many to get leh???

dreamababy

actually i feed more because he demand for it..when i feed him his usual 100ml.. he'll still eh eh, dont wana sleep.. looks like he wana drink more.. so my mom and i tried to make alittle bit more and try.. and yes, he wants it.. so gradually increasing to 150ml... i think he started drinking 150ml (last feed) since week 4...

as per wat u said..tummy down, back face up and head will be turn to either left or right..my boy can turn his head left or right whenever he likes it..but im still abit worried whether if he reali knows how to turn anot.. 100% can turn on his own? im not sure..but so far he can do it on his won...

cljl

yes i agree, put him on the net might be dangerous if he flips..but at this age he wont know how to flip right??

hmm.. u mentioned u do tummy sleep too.. arent u worried that baby might not know how to turn their head and might be suffocated?? im worried thats y trying all means to let him sleep, instead of tummy sleep..at least the net chair is facing up (normal posture)...

hmm.. but u r right about the baby cot/bed thingy.. what shld i do? tummy sleep or net??

Back