Abnormal sperm morphology

EY girl

Me and my husband were TCC for more than a year, recently we went to do fertility check up and found out that my husband have abnormal sperm morphology which is only 2% of the normal forms. The normal range is above 4%. Doctor said this percentage will change every 3 months & recommend him to take Q10 vitamin 1st. Anyone have the same problem and able to conceive naturally? It is within how long? Any other options to conceive? What can my husband do to increase the percentage of the sperm morphology?

Abnormal sperm morphology means that too many of the sperm in a sample have an abnormal shape – for example, they might have more than one tail or a crooked head. This matters because having an abnormal shape might make it difficult for them to penetrate an egg. Abnormal sperm morphology may lead to male infertility.

Take the supplements for at least 6 months n go back for sperm analysis test again. Reduce stress, eat a well balanced diet n lead a healthier lifestyle. If it doesn't improve and depending on your age, you might want to consider IVF. Unfortunately, for male infertility, there's nothing much one can do.

what is sperm count and motility? If in normal range, then you still have chance to conceive naturally.
I advise you to go to the urologist to check up the husband if he has varicocele or abnormal testicles. Buy him good fertile vitamins from Europe or USA.

We did two sperm tests, between them hubby was taking german fertility vitamins, the most expensive on the marker, and also vitamins from iherb. Morphology is still 0% normal forms. The urologist said that this is genetics, but since his sperm count and motility is good, we still have chance to conceive naturally.

Sperm morphology is defined as shape of sperm in oval shaped but when this shape is not in oval shape then it is defined as abnormal. This condition is really frustrating as it totally affects the ability to reach sperm and penetrate an egg. Now this condition can occur to anyone and it is also related to genetic defect.
But there are some ways to overcome this condition naturally:
  1. Lifestyle changes
  2. Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
  3. Dietary supplements-
  4. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (IVF-ICSI)
And apart from this, you can also go for natural supplement like Semenax. This is a natural supplement made of 100% natural ingredient that increases sperm and semen volume. So those men who are suffering from low sperm count or abnormal sperm morphology, they should follow the treatment ways.
See also: https://www.mensexualclinic.com/cure-abnormal-sperm-morphology

Abnormal sperm morphology as long as it is at least 2% and the rest is normal is not a problem at all for natural conception.

Also it can vary a lot from test to test.

For IUI/IVF it is not a factor at all ie success rate is same

My husband's sperm morphology was 3%. But the doctor said his sperm volume is high and that sort of compensated on it. I was found to have problem ovulating and we managed to conceive with clomid even though his morphology wasn't ideal

My husband's took supplement for abt 2 yrs and his morphology has increase abit from 2% to 3%. We also tried for 3 IUI last year and this year but was not successful. When I do IUI, doc told me low sperm morphology actually is not a big issue but I am still unable to conceive. Almost 4 yrs TCC and every month also disappointed. *cry*

Hi everyone, DH just went to do sperm analysis test yesterday and found that he has terato-asthenozoospermia and severe Oligozoospermia. Does anyone know what this means? Does he need to do blood test as I see that some of you have done LH FSH test for DH? Thank you

Back