Abacus Lesson - any recommendation

duchess

Hi mummies,

My 2006 girl is asking me to enrole her for Abacus, so i wonder if anyone have any recommendaton for one.

Thanks in Advance

Try CMA, but prepared to do lots of homework everyday. My gal also born in 2006 has been with them since 1.5yrs ago.

Can try E&P learning place. Can complete course faster like 2 years compared to CMA 3 years. Also, they offer small group lesson, 1 teacher to 6 students and teacher teach according to your pace, so if your child is fast, can even complete within 1.5 years. Their outlet is in Delfi orchard, khatib & jurong.

http://www.enpgroup.com.sg/prog_abacus.html

Hi Embrace

I highly recommend children to finish their abacus class before they start pri 1 as I heard from my friends that many children feel confused with the different methodology taught in primary schools vs their abacus/mental arithmatic class.

My girl, currently in K2, had recently completed her Mental Arithmatic (MA) course at E&P learning place, well before she starts Pri 1 next year. She started her course in Feb 2011 with abacus (3 workbooks plus grading test), followed by Mental Arithmatic (8 workbooks plus grading tests) starting mid 2011.

I've told her many times to follow what was taught in her K2 Childcare and only use her MA to double-check her answers. Generally, I find the MA class v good as it has enhanced my child's focus, help her to do her sums in great speed and sensitive with numbers. In fact, she enjoyed her MA so much that she did her workbook daily. And I'm glad that I won't have to worry about her addition, subtraction, multiplication and division since she's capable of dealing with figures running into hundred thousands with 2 decimal places.

Hi,

I've managed to place my girl in CMA at AMK central for the past 2 terms.

She's enjoying her lessons very much, and am very happy with her positive learning.

Can see that she can focus better with her lessons, regardless of subjects.

hi haleary,

may i know what is the name of the teacher teaching your daughter?
happy.gif

Back