A place for TTC : Success Stories

Hi excitedparent,

Did your hubby went for any sperm test before? Have you done any check-up before? Paisay...Sorry to ask: penatrate deeper as in do "doggie" position??

Hi altas007,

Sorry to ask...As in you specific "no good" means morphology no good or got other things? If not convinient to post over here,can PM me?? *I wish to remain positive at the same time prepare myself for the worse.* (Contradicting hor...women!
embarrassed.gif
)

hi whiterose,

can give more details of the sinseh in jurong?

we have TTC for a yr already.. no news yet.. though we are not so active in Making babies..

working harder now..

HI Mommy106

Read your story with lots of envy and admiration. Wonder how u pull thru the 3 mth bedrest in the hospital. But you are right, all worth it, your baby is REALLY cute!

I am not so lucky. For me, I had incompetent cervix and baby had to be born at 23 weeks. Though he was v healthy but as your know, such prematurity is hard as complications are extremely high. We chose to let him go in the end. My path had been tough and I hope to be successful like you one day. This is my second pregnancy. The first one was ectopic damaging the left tube. In addition, I have PCOS problem and need medication to induce ovulation.

PROM is a v complicated thingy cos it always results in infection. But how did you manage to stay on bed for 3 mths? Thats amazing. How did you go toilet & etc?

Hi Ladies, these are some tried and tested methods me and my friends have put together. Hope it will help.

How to improve sperm quality:

1. Quit smoking and drinking - Smoking and frequent drinking harms the little soldiers and result in weak or abnormal soldiers. Even 2nd hand smoke is harmful. Avoid as much as possible.

2. Start exercising - frequent exercise improves general health. Blood and oxygen flow is increased throughout the body, thus allowing maximum nutrition to reach the production factory of the soldiers. Ladies should go along and exercise as it is bonding time between husband and wife and also will help improve your general health.

3. Wear loose fitting clothes - tight clothes restrict blood flow to the vital area. Wear comfortable cool clothes. Function is more important than looks. No tight underwear (though kinky underwear in the bedroom are welcomed).

4. Avoid suanas/steam baths or hot baths/springs - heat causes damage, avoid if possible.

5. Cool massage daily - try to bath the vital parts with cold water (normal tap water) with some fondling to increase stimulation. Best done before making love as part of foreplay. Sperm increase guaranteed.

6. Good nutrition - have a healthy diet with good balance of meat, seafood, fruits and veges. Supplement with selenium and ZINC, which are important for soldier production. A good multivitamin should provide sufficient vitamins and minerals when combined with a good diet. For those with pre-existing illnesses, please check with your doctor before starting on any form of supplements (natural or herbal or vitamins).

7. Maintain healthy weight - healthy men = healthy soldiers. Try to lose those extra weight first.

8. Take the stress away - stress causes poor soldier production or abnormal production. If you know your cycle well, arrange a 'weekend getaway' around that period of time. Seduce your hubby when he lest expects it. "heat-of-the-moment" accidents occur more often than planned 'routines'. Try it, even if it is not for the sake of making a baby, it is good for your relationship with your hubby :p

Hi Everyone,

I just get to know abt this website from my HB sister. I been through operation to remove my cyst and according to my gynae it will not be easy for me to conceive naturally so only way is to do IVF. And we did our first IVF, being through all the process is not easy but we managed to do everything according what i shld do.At the end we failed, i was so sad and i keep on thinking what had gone wrong, did i miss out anything that i shld do during the period.

Anyway we are going to try second time and hopefully we will success this time. Hope to get some advice from friends that had successful in their IVF. Thanks!
Faith_hope

Hi everyone,

I went to NUH to see 2 professors and even 2 other opinions from different gynaes in TMC and MT E in Aug 05. All of them telling me that I had 0 chance of conceiving as my mense only come once yearly. They suggested me to do an IVF or try medicines.

Discussed with hubby, we decided to ttc after 2 yrs later. In order to regulate my menses, I decide to try the olden days method by taking bai feng wan. In Feb 2006, I was pregnant but only found out in Mar 2006 when I start feeling my breast engorging and fatigue. Gave birth last Oct 06 to a beautiful boy.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply as I just given birth 2 weeks ago! For those who are interested in the TCM, the address is Blk 202 Jurong East St 21 #01-117 and please go early as they only see 100 patients daily! operating hrs are from wed to sun 6.30am to 4pm

Hi All, Please do't give up!! I have been trying for a baby since last Nov. here some tips passed down from my friend which i find very useful:

If your period is regular, Step 1: Calculate your ovulation date = 1st day menses + 14 days. That is the day you'll release the egg. eg. if your 1st day of menses is on 1st July, then you'll have to try on the 15th, 17th and 19th July.

Step 2: ensure your hubby have fresh supply of sperm. 2 days before your intercouse, he'll have to release the old supply. Have him drinking more coffee too!

Step 3: DO NOT go to the toilet straight after intercouse. Raise your legs for 5 mins and go to sleep. (MUST FOLLOW!! very useful!)

Step 4: start taking folic acid when u started trying for baby and have enough sleep.

I got pregnant after trying for 2 months and my sis got pregnant after trying for just a month!!

Not sure if it'll works for all but good luck!!

Hi All, Please do not give up! I have been trying for a baby since last Nov. here some tips passed down from my friend which i find very useful:

If your period is regular, Step 1: Calculate your ovulation date = 1st day menses + 14 days. That is the day you'll release the egg. eg. if your 1st day of menses is on 1st July, then you'll have to try on the 15th, 17th and 19th July.

Step 2: ensure your hubby have fresh supply of sperm. 2 days before your intercouse, he'll have to release the old supply. Have him drinking more coffee too!

Step 3: DO NOT go to the toilet straight after intercouse. Raise your legs for 5 mins and go to sleep. (MUST FOLLOW!! very useful!)

Step 4: start taking folic acid when u started trying for baby and have enough sleep.

I got pregnant after trying for 2 months and my sis got pregnant after trying for just a month!!

Not sure if it'll works for all but good luck!!

HI<

I have been trying to get pregnant for more than a year tried all the methods from counting ovulation dates to taking herbs.even considered starting Clomid and IVF.I got so stressed that my marriage started to break down then after that i stopped thinking of getting pregnant so much and just enjoyed with my husband and within a month without calculation of days and dates and times i got pregnant.I am now about 5 weeks.I was actually considered by all the doctors as "secondary infertility" because i already have an older girl thats 4 this year.so remember to take Folic acid make your hubby take too and try to be as relaxed as possible and if you can have sex every other day and ENJOY IT!

Hi lggyMummy,

I heard Bai feng yuan may not be good for pple who is TTC, said it regulate menses so cannot preggy, izzit true..but base on ur encounter its seems not true. i hv irregula menses since april drag as long as 3 mths..and have to rely on hormone pill to induce my menses, finally i decide to take bai feng yuan, wow this mth really report very accurately but of cos also disappointed cos not preggy,
but very concern how bai feng yuan actualy works.

Ladies,

Don't take things not prescribed by the doc, like bai fong wan, those are used to regulate menses and make the cramps less severe when menses come, not sure why ladies take it.

May cause side effects.

I did not eat supplements only prepared myself to eat 5mg of folic acid every night. SO when preggie baby has enuff nutrients for brain development.

Take some tonics like ginseng soups, birds nest, sme heaty food will make use more 'potent'.

After sex, make sure your butt is as close to the headrest as possible meaning your legs should be almost vertical to wall. (Gravity!)

Hi all

My sister has a prob of not ovulating even thi she had mense. i guess the methods you all sugg may not be helpful to her. U cant be preggie if u r not ovulating rite? Anyone has any solution?

Hi Shermine

She went to see gynae for treatment of her condition. i guess the gynae did some test to confirm her condition.

Hi all,

Can any mummies advise when u are pregnant, do u still have discharge (sticky or wet CM)?

I'm ttc'ing for #2 for afew mths, my menses have been regular btw 28-30 days, but missed for 5 days this mth.

The day when i supposed to come menses, i got some cramping feelings in my abdomen for 2 days, so thou menses coming, but nvr and on off since my O, i got sticky or wet CM till now... thou might be preggie, but got a -ne this am.

Been feeling tired &amp; having dreams for the past 1 week...

Could the PTK go wrong? or i'm having some problems... Work is not stressful leh :p

Hi All,

I just wanna thank KC for the tips! I tried it on my last cycle &amp; BINGO! Been trying for a year &amp; on TCM for past 3 months.. So u gals TTC-ing out there, dun give up hope &amp; give KC's tips a try! No harm right?!

Hope everything will be smooth &amp; baby dust to u all...

Dear all

I have 2 boxes of preseed. Selling at $30 per box or $55 for 2 boxes.

Meet up at AMK MRT/ raffles place MRT. Other MRT stations can be arranged depending on convenience

Interested, pls PM or email me [email protected]

"the older generation believe bird's nest is good for pregnancy ladies - improve their health and benefit the foetus, it also help in post natal recovery better. Home made bird's nest is better due to no preservatives. Bird's nest contains pleanty of natural nutrients, mineral such as high-soluble glycoprotein, calcium, iron, iodine and vitamins. if anyone interest to try, please email us at [email protected].

Have a happy pregnancy and lovely family.

Hi everyone,

I am so glad I found this post. I am currently undergoing my 3rd fresh cycle of IVF. In fact the embryo transfer is to be done tomorrow.

I started IUI as early at the age of 26, after 4 years of marriage. I had 2 IUIs and like I said this is my 3rd IVF-ICSI. I had 17 follicles taken out this time round and tomorrow I will know how many of them are developing. I'm under Dr Sadhana at KKH. I also had a surgery to remove endometriosis like two years back. Sigh. Long journey for my age right? Other than that, nothing majorly wrong with both of us.

I would really like to hear from IVF-success stories as perhaps I could learn of useful tips to take note of, which I have not been practising or overlooked. I got pregnant during my first IVF treatment but lost the baby 3 weeks later. That is the only one big regret in my life as I did not extend my hospitalisation leave after finding out I was pregnant.

So for those of you who have experienced successful IVF, van I PLEASE PLEASE get you to write to my at [email protected]? I will not be using the PC from tomorrow onwards (this time, i'm going on FULL BEdrest) but I'll be able to check through my mobile. Also, if u dun mind, you can even contact me at 9271 7545.

I really thank the founder of this thread. I believe there should be more of such support groups here.

To the rest, Never lose faith in trying. I knwo that's like the most difficult thing to do, but do try not to.

fazzy, nice to see you filled with so much positivity. I wish you all the best and baby dusts to you.

I am on 2 ww, also hope i can break my spell of 4 yrs of marriage and childless curse...Let's pray that all good things happen to all of US.

Hi Pipi,
Im on 2ww with you on this one too. 1st time IUI. What an experience. Lining was 11mm, 5 eggs from 16mm-17mm. Another doc was worried about multiple pregnancies but my experienced gynae said its only 5-10% success rate so dont worry too much about it..
Let's pray &amp; hope for God's gift!
happy.gif

hi all, jus want to share my story..
i was trying for a long time, in fact, i tried for more than a year ago and i didnt succeed until recently.

went to a gynae last july and saw him for 3 cycles and no results. he's nice old uncle type, but don't really talk and wasnt very encouraging. i didnt really feel very comfy with the doc also so i stopped seeing him.

in jan this year, i went to this chinese doc at marine parade, recommended by fren and he's expert at helping couples have babies. He has helped 2 of my couple friends got preggy. He takes ur pulses and prescribed medicine which both hubby n wife have to take on certain days and we followed very strictly. It's a wee bit troublesome to really go home early and boil the medicine but it's really worth it... You can buy this electrical pot that is really convenient from them. He is Dr Chan at Blk 81, Marine Parade. I don't remember the unit number, but its a old traditional chinese medicine hall kind, with chairs on one side. The shop name is Ban Choon Chan.

And viola, today, i am about 6wks preggy and waiting to see my gynae on Mon!

my best wishes &amp; baby dust to all!

Dear mummies, I'm a reporter from Straits Times and I'm doing a Sunday Lifestyle feature on Jan1, 2012 focusing on people who will undergo major life changes in 2012.
I'm looking to do a story on either:
- a woman who has taken a long time to conceive and is finally expecting her first baby in the first half of 2012.
Interviewee has to be open to talking about the journey and how they are planning for a life change, as well as a photo shoot. OR
- someone who is expecting triplets?

If you don't mind being interviewed, pls email me at [email protected] and leave your contact details?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I used to be in the TTC 2012 thread. Was trying for 3 months after my MC and got pregnant. Now I have a 2 month old baby, my 2nd child.

Would like to share my story. I had short luteal phase due to breastfeeding. As I did not want to stop breastfeeding completely while TTCing, I researched online for herbal remedies for short luteal phase and found this website:
http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/howto.htm

It says vitex fruit and raspberry leaf pills are useful for correcting short luteal phase. I was suffering from short luteal phase for half a year. So I got some from www.iherb.com . Within one month, my luteal phase went from 7 days to 12/13 days. Another 2 more months, my #2 was conceived.

I have bought excess of these pills, as I did not anticipate I would get pregnant so quickly.

Now I have some of these to let go:

1) Vitex fruit 100 capsules, 400mg
http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Vitex-Fruit-400-mg-100-Capsules/2053

Letting go at S$4 each. Expiring in 31 Aug 2016
10 bottles available.

2) Red Raspberry leaves, 100 capsules, 480mg
http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Red-Raspberry-Leaves-100-Capsules/2019

Letting go at S$5 each. Expiring in 30 Nov 2016
10 bottles available.

If purchase more than $10, throwing in free hpt dusted with babydust as I tested a positive sticky with these hpt. HPT expiring in 2014. Free hpt while stocks last.

Self collection at Tiong Bahru MRT/ Jurong East (weekdays only)/ Clementi MRT (weekdays only).

PM me if keen.

Good luck!

Hi gals,

Do you have contact to purchase OPK Strips? Can PM me?

After trying for more than 3 years, I am still trying... so we all should be positive! Ganbatte!

Selling the following ovulation strips and comes with english instructions.

If keen, email: [email protected] or HP: 97386563

Ovulation strips : 10 for $3.50(expiry Aug 2014)
20 for $6.00
All 34 for $10.00

Back