**A lot of questions from 1st timer

lynnette_sim

Hi,

I have alot of questions for experienced mum or mum-to-be.

1) I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant. Is it too late to start prenatal classes? Any recommendation? (Of coz, it must not be too expensive)

2) When can one start the massage after giving birth? If I'm breastfeeding, does it mean I must start the massage later?

3) Any good recommendation for massage? What are their charges like?

Thanks in advance

not too late for prenatal classes lynnette. i think its ideal timing

you can massage immed if its natural birth but one month after if its c-section

charges are abt $50 upwards for massage home visits [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hope infor helps [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

throughout the year there are Motherhood fairs at Singapore expo, usually there are promotions for message services by companies who signed up for the fair. Go there and you can find out more.

As for the prenatal classes, do approach the hospitals that your gynae is located at/hospital you intend to deliver at. most hospitals offer pre-natal classes but some are rather quiet and low profile w/o advertising.

breastfeeding mothers support group also have breastfeeding classes that you might wan to consider.

Hi Lynnette,

My wife had used this lady's service. She belongs to Bodywork Spa at Paragon Orchard. She's experienced and u will be in good shape in no time. Call Nelly at 96319596. call for appt only.

Happy New Year!!

Hi Lynnette mine both kids are c-sec!! Itz better to do ur massage after one month though they said three weeks can start .... I actually do massage when I was three months pregnant ...( Bare in mind itz someone professional doing okie) i also had my wrap done by bodyworks ... An hour is $80 for them to come n the price may have gone up ... Have a happy pregnancy

most honorable pre natal class by Mdm Wong B.B. (my full respect and salute for her passion with this aspect of job) ... most of the mommies sure know her. u can check with your hosp. her lessons are hotcakes, pls book early now ok?

1) of course not too late to start classes. you can start now.

2) as for massage, please do it after 1 month for C-Section. or else if normal delivery, around 1 to 2 weeks would be ideal.

3) PM me for the malay jamu lady no. she's free lance, cheap and reasonable rates and she's good too.

Thanks in advance

need advice too! - is it safe to do brazilian waxing and if so, how far along can we wax till? throughout my pregnancy?

appreciate if u can recommend exceptionally well trained waxers also... those who have done preg ladies. thanks all... would like to hear from those who've done it bfore!

madeline.. i'm a july 2010 mummy & i did not do BW during 1st 3 mths of pregnancy. but after that i did up to my 35th week because i was doing a nude pre-natal shoot. dun wan to look unglam haha! i do my BW regularly by a lady called Lynn. it is a home-based biz and she stays at CCK. she's got a lot of good reviews from other forums. if u r interested u can PM me for her contacts.

dear mommies, now i am at my 22weeks.... experiencing lower abdominal pain... I already bed rest for 3 days... but it doesnt seems to help.

my gynae said my ligament stretching and due to too much activities during the weekend, i am experiencing the worse....

i am experiencing acute pain when i let out gas or poo.... anyonne can help? i scared i got appendecitis

Hi Candy,

I'm about 24 preggie and never experienced such thing so far, so sorry can't help you much. Although I did experience some cramps when I did too much walking or activities and gyne suggested me to always watch my activity level.

But if you have checked with your gyne and she said so, I suppose that is what's happening in your abdomen. However, if you are unsure, if I were you, I would definitely double check with another gyne just to cross check if really nothing bad is happening.

Sweetkiss,

That's so sweet of u! Understand the glam factor hehe which is why i'm also keen on doing the brazilian. good to know tt u did till 35th week! i've also got a recommendation for wendi from pink parlour. how was urs like? more sensitive during the process?

Madeline

I did BW in W38 - 3 days before I pop in Jul09. Usually when admited to the delivery room, the first thing that the midwife will do is to shave off the hair there. Imagine the uncomfort with the regrowth and recovering from the stitching! Doing BW will delay the regrowth by 1-2 weeks.

Kikilala,

wow 3 days before u popped!! ure right! heard from some of my sister's friends too that it really makes a diff when u do bwax. yeah i can only imagine the irritation... some more anyhow shave right! and yes plus the stitching.. goodness...

I am looking for a stroller...wanted to know if its necc to buy a bassinet for a newborn? or will strollers like Peg Perego Skate , Bugaboo chamaleon (without bassinet) suffice for infants as well? Looking for a sturdier one preferably with bigger wheels.

Any suggestions?

Hi Mummies to be

I'm from the April mummies 2011 thread, given birth to boy-girl twins (their 3mths+ now!!)

Want to start selling my maternity clothings since ulikely I will be giving birth again.

PM me if you are interested in getting almost brand new maternity clothes (bought mostly from Spring) Sizes are L/ XL, blouse, t-shirts, bottoms, 1pc swimming costume.

Ps: Ive also some bb items to sell i.e. BN Bottles, Medela breastmilk bags, breast pads etc

hi hazehaya, how far along are u? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i was keen on the brazilian waxing bit and reading kikilala's experience was truly inspiring!

Yeah I plan to do BW too before I pop [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back