A long period of bad morning sickness

it sucks!! always get to hear this n feel that it's so poor thing to experience this...alas, now witnessing it, it's so lousy n pathetic :p

Hi....yea yea....only when pregnant then really know what its all about. Kudos to all the wei da mummies to be...

Me no MS yet though at times starting to feel like its coming (like after a milo!)...On one hand feel maybe I should enjoy the no MS period while it last..but also a bit worried cos many say its good to have MS..

it seems so common to get MS...indeed, e common saying is MS is quite a safe assurance of fetus progressing well as body is undergoing hormones changes..but i hope it wun drag far too long.. <x>

my hubby see me puke until no feeling liao. during 1st pregnancy, first few times i puked he was beside me in the toilet. now i dash to toilet and throw up like nobody's business he got no feeling already....

hi ultraman!
yeah still puking right on schedule everyday..
will vitamin B help? i've got marmite at home.. got b vitamins in that right?

Hi all,

I do not have morning sickness but my stomach bloated quite badly at the initial stage. At this time, the stomach starts to slow down and the veins start to expand, etc. On the other hand, the taste feel bland too. One will feel cold compare to normal days, it's like having a cold or flu so do put on extra clothing.

I think how I overcome my bloatedness will also help all of you.

1. do ensure meal serving is really much smaller than usual meal we take b4 pregnancy eg. 1/2. If it still make you feel uncomfortable, redurce further.

2. do chew slowly on every bit of food as this will help in digestion.

3. bring along biscuits with you in a box(eg. lock &amp; lock) whenever u feel slight hunger coming do eat.

4. do not take oily stuff eg. fried bananas, fried chicken, french fries, etc. Eat a little of such stuff should be fine.

5. do not take cold stuff, or cold fruits/ vegetables(take a little should be fine) as this will help you and your baby's health.

6. must have enough sleep -> 8hrs.

7. MUST relax your body especially when you feel uncomfortable, take deep breath in and out slowly. This is very important to try not to cling on to puking feeling.

8. during such time, ususally don't feel like drinking water but do take water as it's important for the body to get hydration.

Observe the body and fine-tune the habits if you can.

Hi

My 2 pregnancy I had different morning sickness.

First pregnancy, vomitted for 6mths. Mostly can eat cheese burgers and noodles only. No oily food, rice and chilli for me. Practically throw out at every meals like a routine.

Second pregnancy, vomitted for 3mths. Like to eat fillet-o-fish burgers and noodles only. No oily food and chilli as well. Also throw up at almost every meals.

I tried taking small meals and also eat wheat crackers to stop my vomitting before meals. Don't see much cure for my MS. Sometimes go to cafeteria, in order to avoid those cooking smell that will make me feel like vomitting, I need a sweet in my mouth before I buy my food. Or else, I doubt I can make my way there.

i had my sickness all e way to 3rd mth into 4th mth and i even threw up my food at 5 mths coz it was too oily. muz noe wat foods cause u to be sick and which foods make u better. better to avoid oily and too spicy food. wil spoil ur appetite.. if u still throw up badly and cannot keep e food down can try having flavoured drinks or 100plus.. helps to hydrate and gives u appetite..

Hi all, I'm in my 12th week going to 13 soon and still suffering from bad MS. Whole day nausea type. Is it common for MS to end by week 14? I'm really very tired of this feeling alr...

Hi Qing

Just hang on for awhile more.

I had my MS since week 5. First week, just night and subsequently entire till recently (Week 19th).

Take small meal (dry food like biscuit) and more sure you always take liquid (ribena, milo or 100 plus, 7 plus) - this give you sugar and keep you from dehyration.

For past months, I pray everyday that this MS will just go away cause I am constantly restless, on medical leave, on drip etc. and was very depressed.. But just 2 weeks, it subside and just blink - disappear.

Very 'Xin Ku' but all worth for the little one!

Thanks minty for your encouragement! so MS is gradually subside one? in a matter of days or weeks? not immediate?

Hi Qing

My MS subsided around week 18th (just 1-4 per day, some good days nothing). Week 18th-19th is every 2 days and end of week 19th just disappeared! I was very happy as from week 6th - 16th or 17th, MS was countless, from early morning till night, even when I am sleeeping.

I lost 5 kg in my 1st term but I have heard of people who lost 10kg! So I think I am still quite okay..

mummies with MS have my empathy...

i've been struck with MS ever since i was in my 5th week. Now am in my 33rd week - but the MS is still there! every method one can possibly think of, has been tried. i've used up more than 700 bags of puke and sigh, still using.

but there's always ways to cheer up. you can "get used to the idea"; don't think of it as "so bad"..just normal (like burping)...etc.

for mums with MS, a big hug from me...

When I was pregnant, my MS lasted for the entire pregnancy. It was a horrible time.

The only thing you can do now is to be be positive and look forward to the arrival of your baby
happy.gif

I heard some of my friends had it worst and MS continues even until 6 mths pregnancy.

Some tips from me, u may want to try.
1) Never take sour plums as it leaves an after taste smelling like vomits, thereby u have a tendency to vomit.

2) Drink some warm water.

3) As soon as that feeling comes, get up and walk around or do something to help you to forget. Trick the mind, it works for me.

4) Dun eat too full, in case you feel bloated and it is a mess if you vomit

Hi mothers. Although morning sick make you feel bad and depressed. It’s still a good sign during pregnancy.
I remember during my 1st pregnancy (this April), I don't feel sick at all and I'm able to cook and do homework. I thought I'm the lucky one than don't have to suffer from morning sick.. Who’s know than I have miscarried around 11 weeks+ (baby heartbeat stopped).
Now I'm pregnant again (about 9weeks+), Thanks god. This time I feel sick very badly. I'm feeling nauseous whole day and feel like to throw out food after meals.
But only throw out when I brush my teeth in the morning and night. I know biscuits do helps for morning sick but too bad I'm not suitable for it.
I have an appointment at KK this Saturday, hope everything is fine with my baby.

Dear mummies &amp; daddies, i had very bad MS also, right until i reach week 16 thereabouts. From 43kg, i dropped to 38kg. Was admitted to hospital for dehydration. I have to honestly say that NOTHING works for my morning sickness. I only felt better AFTER i vomit. It came to a point where i didn't care anymore, if i need to vomit, i just walk to the toilet and puke and my vomitting was day &amp; night. I can wake up at midnight and start vomitting non-stop. It was tough because sometimes, when one retches too hard, it hurts the ribcage, tummy and throat. My husband was more worried about the bb than me because i was losing alot of weight &amp; not eating much at all but at every scan, the bb is growing well, so not to worry....

I advise daddies here to try to be understanding and supportive. During the 16 weeks, i didn't feel like talking at all because the moment i open my mouth, i feel like puking. So please don't take it personally, your wives are really suffering. Try to sayang her more. If she can't stomach food, encourage her to drink because dehydration may affect the foetus. I sipped cool water or isotonic drinks. Please help more with the household chores too. I found it really torturous to have bad morning sickness and yet have to cope with work and housework.

My appetite only improved when i reached week 18/19. I'm now reaching 27 weeks and everything is fine already thou sometimes, i feel nauseous when i wake up in the mornings...hope it won't come back during my 3rd tri. Nauseousness is linked to low blood sugar level as well, so have small bites. Try soupy stuff like mee hoon soup or fruits like bananas, cherries or strawberries. Morning sickness really makes me scared of being pregnant ever again, i won't wish this on my worst enemy.

Hi butterwaffles,
Be strong as I think many mummies experience like you. But we must always put in our mind that we need to eat although a little as we are sharing what we eat with our bb. Although we vomit after we eat. Hope everything will be fine for you till the next few mths.

i had been like this before too. like want to die like that. so jia lat. but once you see baby, it is all worth it one.

hi all, mine lasted till i delivered. Only thing tat i dun throw up is durian. I have a special "throw up cup" in my office N have lots of plastic bags in my bag during that time. Oilment which i used to hate becomes my best fren.

For morning sickness if you have it for long time you should see your gynea and be very carefull not to get dehydrated. But sometimes mint tea help a lot.

Back