6 weeks pregnant

irma

hello all.. I'm new here. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

not too sure if there's already a thread for this (I've tried to search, but "0 search found").

Got back fr my gynae, 25 July 09. I'm supposed to be 6w1d pregnant & generally, shd be able to see/ hear the heartbeat of the foetus.

aft doing the US, doc say unable to see the foetus & ofcoz there's no HB.

was devastated for awhile in the rm, as the doc said, it could be a miscalculation or it could be an unhealthy pregnancy. Thus, I'll be seeing him (gynae) again in 2 weeks time (every 2 weeks till we can see/ hear the bb's HB). I'm still having cramps (like during menses, wh doc say its normal). I don't think i have terrible morning sickness though, only feel slight nausea & fatigue very2 often)

anyone had experience this before? appreciate to hear fr you ladies (gentleman, if any)..

Hi Irma

I'm also new here, just join today and happen to see your post. I'm 11th weeks preggy. I know it's sad to hear that from gynae but I think you will be fine maybe due to miscalculation.

I also experience cramps (yes that's common) when I thought is my menses coming but actually I'm preggy which I'm not aware and I have staining for about 2 weeks and in the end I got bleeding around 6th week and my hubby have to rush me to hospital. Hope your situation isn't as bad as me coz the moment doctor see me he tells me 25% miscarriage and I was already crying throughout till he done the scanning then say should be fine after a jab and medication.

Don't worry...you and baby will be fine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi Sarah.

nice to meet you here.

oh no.. glad to know you're ok.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i certainly hope its a miscalculation coz my last period was 23 May.. so.. hmmm.. not sure.

in fact im meeting the gynae this coming Mon, 3 Aug. hope to have good news then.. not sure if it got to do with medicine i took when i feel sick that time.

the embryo grew fr 9.41mm to 10.02mm within my 1st & 2nd appt. (view from top, its 18mm)

not sure whats the difference.. -_-

Hi Irma

Ya better let your gynae know what you have taken before you are aware of your pregnancy. Hmm...not sure about embryo growth measurement thingy but I believe if it's growing it should be fine. Your gynae should be able to help you. I'm still quite new to all these coz 1st time mummy. Just want to share with you what I had experienced earlier on and hope you don't brood over it too much. Have lots of rest and don't get too tired. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thank you Sarah for the encouragement.. ya, i think better tell my gynae abt the medication i took.. that was went i had flu. so gp gave the mildest medication. but i tink i just tell my gynae.

im a first time mummy too. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thank you for sharing ya.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi, Irma

I happened to chance upon this thread.

If you do not have bleeding, then should be alright.. I had a similar encounter way back and then wat happened was that I had bad bleeding at week 5. Went to see the gynae and she confirmed its miscarriage. There was a sac (the black dot) but there was no fetus in it, so of course no heart beat. Then one or two days later, the sac discharged out by itself, it looks like pig liver..

Dun worry too much, and rest well. All will be fine with you and your little one inside you. Take care [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Since I'm preggy, I drank once. But my mum already bought more to let me drink later on. But still better to drink after 1st trimester, that's what I heard from other mums.

hi LC..

thank you for the encouraging words..

i dont have any spotting/ staining.. my cramp comes & goes too...

i think im just scared that the embryo is not growing well.. at 6w1d..

Hi, Irma

Dun worry.. all will be fine.. If embryo not growing well, your gynae will be give you some injection/ medication to stable the growth. see that you will be seeing your gynae next monday. by then should be able to see the "twinkle twinkle" heartbeat.. I also feel cramp even now I am into my 16weeks. My gynae said that is due to my womb expanding. I guess it might be happening to your womb now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]Stay strong..

Hi, Blessing and Sarah

I have not drank any bird nest yet. read somewhere that excessive bird nest can trigger asthma so I have not taken during my first trimester. i am taking cordecypes though. I took bird nest after first trimester when I was expecting my boy but also not frequent. think less than 10 times for the whole pregnancy. took cordecypes instead and find that my boy is born stronger though he came prematurely on the 36weeks. He is fair and according to my MIL, it is bec of the bird nests I took. I guess everything in moderation is fine.

Hi. Karenthk

I did not go for D&C cos mine was a very early miscarriage at week 5 so my body automatically discharged itself out..u need any information, post your question here..

Hi Ladies,

I am having similar problem but its more agonising.

My last mense was 5 June 2009, but cos my hubby & I were trying for baby since March 2008, we decided to get ovulation kits for it... as my mense is usually irregular.

On 18 July 2009, I was tested +ve (for the 1st time), after I bought 2 pregnancy home kits to test. We were so happy about this gd news.

I went for my first gynae chk-up on 20 July 2009, n gynae claimed that I am 7 wks pregnant at that time and gynae could see a sac (black dot). I did not tell my gynae when is my ovulation date (i.e. 22 June 2009). Then a few days after my 1st chk-up, I had spotting. I was so worried that day that i rushed to see my gynae that afternoon, the gynae did a scan, and said that sac is still in womb.. n it has grown.. so not to worry. My gynae gave me hormone pills that is to strengthen the womb. So a few hrs later, the spotting stopped.

A few days later, I discovered blood on my panty liner (2 drips). Fresh blood! I was shocked and I cried... i called my gynae (emergency hotline, cos it was at 7pm), he asked me to increase the frequency of the hormone pills to 3 times a day, instead of 2 times. And if it doesnt stop go and see him the next morning. So I took the pills accordingly, it did not stop totally. It turned into very light pink colour, i will see it when i clean it. Hence, the next morning, my hubby n i went to visit my gynae.

He did a transvaginal scan for me this time.. the sac is still there.. grown a little.. but the scarier part is he said he did not see a yolk / foetal pole. He said that he thinks that my pregnancy fails, and foetus fail to grow which he said by then all these should be seen, unless he is wrong with my date or i ovulated late. So I told him, I actually used the ovulation kit and ovulated on 22 June... so I ovulated late. Then he said, oh, then I could be only 5 wks pregnant now. But he still think that even 5 wks pregnant, he should see all these developing in my sac.. but he still can't see. My heart sunk when I heard this. We asked how sure he is, he said it is 80 to 90% as by then, he should see the foetus or even hear the heartbeat!

My hubby and I were really sad to hear that...

He recommended me to take 2 blood tests for comparison, to see if the hormone level doubles. If the hormone level doubles, the pregnancy is progressing, if it drops... i will have a miscarriage soon.

I took the 1st blood test on last tuesday, 28 July and another on my last chk-up on 30 July. The initial hormone level was 16,000+ and the latter was 18,000+. It did not double! And on 30 July, he also asked me to go for a thorough ultra-sound scan, the results shown, no yolk /foetal pole / heartbeat can been seen in the sac.

I was very devastated when my gynae told us that most likely my pregnancy fails and he recommended that i go for D&C to suck it out. My hubby and I told him we decided to wait for a week if miracle happens...

So we are currently waiting... but I am scared... though i need to prepare for the worst now. the waiting time is agonising..

my next chk-up is this thursday, 6 August 2009.

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Any one of you had came across any1 has similar case like me?

hi Wendy..

im so sorry to hear abt your plight.

i think we're some what in the same boat. just that i dun have bleeding/ spotting at all.

if you did happen to read my earlier post.. by now im supposed to be in my 10 week.. but following the scans i went, & yesterday the latest, mine only 5w!! i can see the yolk sac but not the foetus nor the HB. doc giving me 1 more week, to see if there's any mass progress in the growth & development,if not, we'll have to do an evacuation. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

yes,i agree.. the waiting time is super agonising & affects my work.

gynae gave me this whole week of MC, as i told him, it could be due to my work.. which causes stress.

i dunno what to do next.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi, Wendy

If you read my posting above, you are going through wat I went through before. Just that I did not add the fact that even though my gynae confirmed that there was a sac (the black dot) but no foetus, we did not give up. We went to seek 2nd opinion from a very senior gynae. He did also see the sac but did not confirm immediately that the pregnancy was spoilt. he asked us to wait too to see if the hormone level went up or not but sadly it did not. then after a few days, my body discharged out the sac automatically. I din go for the D&C though. all these happened at week 5.

Good luck and hope things work out well for you..

Hi, Irma

How is your checkup? everything ok?

Hi, Irma

sorry sorry, I have missed your posting on your checkup..do rest well and try to eat some good value food. take more folic acid too..

hi lc

thx for the reply.

im thinking if i shd go for the checkup this coming tue..

coz i told my mom & mom in law abt it. they were saying probably its still very very early to see the foetus... *shrugs shoulder*

Hi Irma

came upon ur thread. I went for scan went mine was 4 weeks cause i already have a positive line b4 i miss menses.

K abt urs, my mum when she was pregnant with me, she had e same experience as u. Doc ask her take urine test at every visit but she cant see me till almost 4mths. everybody was confused.cant see bb but positive urine test. In the end i was born prematurely at 8mnths n weigh only 1.9kg.

I was extremely small and nobody dares 2 carry me. Even pacifiers n milk bottles for preemies was 2 big for me.

But today i am a as healthy as anybody else.Nobody can ever guess i am a prmature bb as i am of normal size. I am even pregnant with my #1..

good luck...Just pray hard..

anyway Irma for ur info, 1st checkup cld me miscalculation of date.

I had counted on my pregnancy as 5weeks and 1 day whe i visit him but he told me its 4weeks. I believe him.Hence my last checkup i calculated frm the date he gave it shld be 9weeks but it turn out 10weeks. I was right in the end.

Doc can guess ur pregnancy frm date of last menses.Hence nt accurate coz they donno ur menses cycle. He might have take it as standard 28days n tell that u r 6weeks preg but if u hv a cycle of 33days, u r only 5weeks preg n thats too earlt to hear heartbeat.

morning sickness is usually at peak at week 9 and 10 cause thats when hormnes r doubling.

I gt my morning sickness at week 9 and week 13.

Everybody is not the same. Cramps that u r having is a good sign. Uterus is growing.

Symtoms for me early pregnancy:

Discharge

Fatique

Giddy

Cramps

i started getting nausea only at 13weeks(which was late)

hi ladies.. thank you for your kind words.... im deeply touched..

but sadly to say, i experience bleeding last sat & continued the whole week... had cramps like when we're having menses cramps but triple the pain.

thus, i went to see my gynae on Sat itself & he confirmed im undergoing a miscarriage.

today, Tue, went to the doc.. still can see the sac, but its in a irregular shape.. doc gave me the appt tmrw morning at 8am..

*just to add on, while having the cramps & bleeding, i think the fetal tissue came out.

i hope i'll be fine on the d&c.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

take care you ladies & of coz the lil ones.

Hello Irma,

How was the test?

Just wanna share my side:

I am probably a few days early or later than yours..I am confuse of my timing too. I did my scan on 7th aug and found a pregnancy sac witha fetus in it. No heart beat yet.

a week before 7th Aug, i did my first HCG test which resulted 189 which expected amount should be 1000!! i nearly fainted.

I am actually treate by a chinese doc. So the chinese doc gave me some herbs to eat before the 2nd HCG test on 3rd Aug. But i did my test on 7th Aug instead. I called my chinese doc and she said that she cannot represent me now because i did not follow her instruction to finish the medicine by 3rd Aug.

SO i no choice did my own test on 7th Aug. I think i called back the clinc and the clinic said that my HCG grew from 189 to 14690!! i ask her was it my name or not. I was the only one who did the blood test on 7th Aug.

Now i wonder when should i do another ultrascan. And also, should i call my chinese doc if i a officially discharged from her treatment? My chinese doc ususally will call me when something is wrong and that i need medicine. Now i dunno if i should call her becasue i felt hurt initially that she mention that i did not finish the medicin on time. And afer reading all the ladys strugling stories here, i am too afraid to to a 2nd scan to check whether have heartbeat or not.

Symptoms:

No Morning Sickness

Bloating

No appetide

Sleep all the time

NO bleeding

Breast sore

Hi, could ms as early as 6 weeks? How do doc calculate the weeks? Is it from the last menses date?

I'm late for 2 weeks and feeling nausea, so if I'm pregnant it should be how many weeks?

elmoo

if u r 2 wks late alrdy, then theoretically u shld b 6 wks preggie now assuming u r on a 28-day menses cycle. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wai leng: You should go for another scan. Heartbeat only occurs at 6weeks. Discuss with ur doc. When i went for check up at 6weeks doc advise me no herbs at all and no pineapple. Do a scan n u will know the result.

Elmo: They r right, u shld count from e last 1st day n if u r 2weeks late, u r six weeks now. If u go for check up, u shld be able 2 hear heartbeat.

Basically MS differs for everyone. But MS is at its peak at 9 and 10 weeks.

Hope that helps

Dear all mtb,

everyone preg is different...

initally i couldnt see any sac at all when i 1st found out my preg ..

2 weeks lter i am asked to go back for a scan to confirm my sac is in right position...

then onli i saw my sac n a little worm lookalike with heart beat and my cycle is nt 28 days so i am actualli onli 6 weeks preg that time ..

My Ms starts from week 7 all the way till week 13

then i start to feel better

my intake for food is also veri little especially at night n dislike meat at all! lol...

Ya now shouldnt take any herb yet as u nv knw wad effect it will be on our little one.. just take folic acid is en9ugh for 1st trim ..

WHICH IS SO IMPT for baby growth!

So meanwhile all of us must take care and listen to ur own body...

Nt well muz lie down rest

Now i am safety proceeding to week 17 ..

And in a weeks time i am gg for gender scan n detail scan soon..

Good luck to all mummies!!!

Hi, tested positive but doc cant see anything when do scan, then he suggest to do V-scan he said can see heartbeat, but I'm still very worried cos i got 2 MC before so this time very stressed. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Can I check with you gals, is the m.s on and off thing or it's thru out the whole day til 4mths?

Cos the previous MC was my m.s suddenly stop then went to check doc say not growing well need to do DC. So this time doc said if my m.s gone suddenly must go back to him. These few days my m.s is lesser, I'm very worried! Cant stop thinking of the negative thing! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi, I am Jasmine, 6 Weeks pregnant, i have morning sickness. I did have bleeding also, but after taken the med, now ok already. My friend told me is normal. No hearbeat not mean no development, ur bb may slow to develop.

Hi, jasmine how do you treat your ms? I got it also, cant concentrate on work. Very xin ku [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi,

sorry, never thought of the M.S means morning sickness.

My gynae had confirm that i am now 7 weeks. Confirm there is heartbeat..yeah!! And still no m.s [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Irma, I am exactly in the same situation with you.. I can't sleep now due to the cramp and whenever I go to the toilet, the blood will come out. It started off with brown stain this afternoon, went to a gynae he said, the position of the sac is not right, irregular shape, and he thinks it's an unhealthy pregnancy and is going to lead to a miscarriage.

Our heart just sank. It's our 1st baby...

Came home, before I slept i took the hormone pill, and soon after I saw mensus-like blood. Then the cramp became worse, more blood and some tissue. I am so sure it's a miscarriage, going to KK to see whether I need to do DC or it can be just natural miscarriage..

Hello Shann Yheng and JTML,

I am so sorry to hear this.

I know this is a difficult period to be in at this stage.

If you allow, you can consider visiting a Chinese Doc to heal and prepare your womb for your next pregnancy.

Hi girls, i posted this at another thread, 2010 April mum, now I gotta join the miscarriage thread haiyo.. =( here it goes,

Thank you all for your concern. I told God to take away this pregnancy if it is not healthy, and take away my pain. If the baby is healthy, I begged him to let it survive, and my hubby and I would love to have the baby. Started seeing fresh blood yesterday night, went to sleep, woke up by abdominal cramp, the cramp lasted for quite some time.. couldn't sleep, lie down, sit, stand, still pain. Then I prayed, God took away my pain at 3am, I fell asleep till this morning. Felt at peace, and I know that my bb has gone, went to the toilet and blood clots came out. Showered, changed, told my hubby that we are going to KK to wash it thoroughly...

I did evacuation. I am blessed with friendly nurses and good gynae, went on GA, it was a short procedure, within one hour I was out from the surgery room, woke up straigt away and my hubby was waiting for me in the ward. I was allowed to discharge once after I passed urine. I am glad that I am home now, feeling quite positive still. and looking forward to my next pregnancy, probably will start trying end of this year!

Miscarriages are very common, we just need to move on, I am very lucky that I discovered it at a very early stage.

To all the girls here, I am really happy for all of you! May God bless you all with a wonderful journey with the little one inside you, may He bring wisdom to all your babies, and most importantly, healthy babies!

I am resuming my piano lesson on tuesday, felt quite bad that I have to cancel lessons tmr. Hubby didn't allow at 1st till I said I promised I will take cab everywhere i go =)

You girls take care k! Will still keep reading this thread, maybe one day I will join again? hehe.. maybe EDD OCT/NOV/DEC 2010 haha!

Shann Yheng,

Glad to hear that you have still place God first and still believing in Him.

Ya,continue to anchor unto God's Promises as He never fails!

"the older generation believe bird's nest is good for pregnancy ladies - improve their health and benefit the foetus, it also help in post natal recovery better. Home made bird's nest is better due to no preservatives. Bird's nest contains pleanty of natural nutrients, mineral such as high-soluble glycoprotein, calcium, iron, iodine and vitamins. if anyone interest to try, please email us at [email protected].

Have a happy pregnancy and lovely family.

Hi Shann Yheng, i'm new here. After i saw your posting, i really admired that you are a very strong and positive lady. May God bless your womb and hope to hear good news from you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hey shan yheng.my god..i just saw your post.

sorry to know abt your situation. we are in the same boat, i prayed for the same too.if its not healthy, pls take away the pain fr me.

hope God bless us all.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi all

Came upon tis thread.... hmm got a question to ask... it is normal if a sac is detected outside the womb at like let say 5 weeks preggy??

Thanks in advance.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi 2005bride..

i dun think its norm & neither it is healthy.coz its termed as ectopic pregnancy..

since we're all not gynae here.. its better to clarify things with your doctor to know more..

Back