6 months old baby CONSTIPATION

linping

HI, my 6 months old boy is having constipation now..
He didnt poo at all for abt 10days, brought him to the doctor, doctor insert the **Med** into his backside and let him poo..
It have beeen 4 days already til now, and this 4 days, no poo at all again ..
what should i do ?
He is still taking breast milk + Porridge,abit of bisult (Solid)..
Anything that i should give him to solve the constipation problem?

Hi Linping, u can try the following:

1)Japanese Cucumber Juice.
Scrape it then collect the juice, warm it up, let it cool down to room temperature then feed him.

2)Pear Juice.
Buy those yellow, big type.
Scrape it and collect the juice for him.

3)Use spinach to cook soup then use the soup to cook porrige for him.

4)Put banana in his cereal.

Remember, u can only feed him 1 item each day, not all the items in one day..

After his POO POO goes back to normal, u can feed him each once a week. Eg, monday, babana cereal, tuesday cucumber juice, wed pear juice, thursday spinach soup porrige etc..As they just started to take solid, and very soon, teeth will grow, their body heatness tends to go higher, so no worries!!

Hope this helps him..

ok..thanks alot.. will try it out ... today is his 4th day no poopoo le.. hopefully tmr everything out =)
Went for his vaccine today oso.. his weight goes down by 200 g... he weighs heavier 5weeks ago... haiz.. sooooo sad

<font color="aa00aa"><font size="-1"><font face="trebuchet">linping,

My baby used to have had constipation too, could be many reasons, and every baby's different from another, however, you might want to try what I did
happy.gif
PD very expensive leh..

1. My baby has been on both breastmilk (BM) and formulae (FM), hospital gave her S26 (without even asking me..) but since she's taking it, I was okay. Until I realised she only poo every 3-4 days and it was <font color="119911">green</font>
sad.gif
brr.. so we changed, into Friso, worse, this time she doesn't poo for 5 days
sad.gif
sad.gif
so now I'm only using Similac, and no problem ever since that..

2. A natural remedy that my mil and mum told me is to use sweet potato, but I'm not sure if 6 months old baby a little too young for that..

Good luck!
happy.gif
</font></font></font>

You should mix veggie in ur bb porriage everyday.Either you buy ready made bottle-heinz or boil spinach and use a grinder to ground it.

My boy constipates a lot. Blood can be seen whenever he poos! Already brought him to the doctor and taken medicine. But my MIL says too much medicine is no good for the baby.

This bloody thing already been few months le!

My bb get this problem too..and some mummies teach me to add more water to his milk
Eg 4 scoope of milk powder for 240ml wtaer but I added 20ml extra for each feeding and it help...
maybe you can give a try too.
Beside this, give bb some barley water or prune juice if bb can't poo, it also help.

My girl also had hard poo earlier this week. What I did was to increase her water intake. Since she didn't like drinking from bottle, tried giving to her with spoon. Surprisingly she take! Also continue giving vegetable puree and some papaya. I stopped avocado and banana. If kids are constipating, dont give banana, it makes it worse. Got this infor from my SIL's PD. Her girl also constipated and it worsen with intake of banana until got blood! Prune juice is best but becoz of taste, not all kids like it.
Hope this helps.
happy.gif

Hi all,

Thanks for the solutions
happy.gif

My boy is now 9 mths old le..
wah .. 3 mths just pass with a blink
happy.gif

His poop oso ok le..
He haven start on formula yet BUT going to le..
My mens came today , supply oso as low as 270ml le (Excluding feeds at night) ..
Gave him penty of water.. Some times gripe water ..
IF dont poop, gave him papaya ..
Now, at most 3 days dont poop only..
If on the 3rd day he still dont poop, i will carry him n tell him if he dont poop, i will insert the nasty med into his pi pi .. haha..
probably 1-2 hours after i told him.. he poops ! haha
happy.gif

My 1yo boy every constipation problems too. It seems S26 causes it, but also lack of water and he likes to eat biscuits. Similac seems to be good. Then he is also underweight, so went to see PD recommend Pediasure, anyone tried b4? I have not started, on one hand I want him to gain wt but on the other got to balance the heatiness to prevent consti....sigh.

If baby dun poo 2 days the next poo will be so hard and difficult for him, so poor thing. PD gave me duphalac and some appetiser supplement to give him since yesterday but still no poo yet, I fed him prune yesterdaay too;-(

My son takes either papaya, pear or apple daily some more, wonder why some babies are more prone to consti probs ley?

Hi all,

DS has very very bad experience.. I hope that you all will try to prevent your bb from what DS has been through.

DS is 11 months old.. Constipated since last week of June.. Took 1 week of Lactulose and mix Friso comfort into milk then stop and manage to poo for 1 week.. but after that week constipated again... In total, pd has used 2 times suppository and 1 time bullet on him.. haiz.. both ds and me cried in the clinic.. He is in great pain and my heartache soooooooooo much.... itz really traumatising to see our baby suffer yet we cant do much.... Im sooo worried... i cried in office and in bed... plus my mother is not cooperative... Im thinking of resigning and looking after ds myself..

Now pd said he has to be on lactulose for 2 months!!!! coz his rectum has been enlarged and it takes about 2 months to go back to the original size.. We has tried to give him more fruits and veg and water.

Now ds is in the 2nd week of lactulose... ds manage to poo 2x everyday altho it is soft but still a bit dry. Haiz.. I dont knw is he in the correct progress. I dont knw what else im missing... haiz haiz haiz

Um... prune juice really seems to work fo my dd. She was constipated too when she was 5mths ++ and then i gave her diluted del monte prune juice everyday and it went down to pooing every 2 days within a week and by the time she was 7mths++ was pooing everyday. I stopped giving her prune juice everyday now and its just once or twice a week.

Kiwi fruit is easy to serve and offer to young children and this helps well with constipation. Try 1 tsp 1st to see the effect. A Korean mom told me that its the in thing for young korean mothers to offer probiotics (good intestinal bacteria) even to babies! I tried taking probiotics for diarrhea and it helps without other forms of medication.

I gave my 4 yr old boy Vitagen (less sugar) whenever he has constipation, and it really helps. But not sure whether it's suitable for 6 mths old bb.

Hi,

You can definitely give a probiotic to your baby. Just check the label on the back, and make sure there is information on how much to give an infant. My 18 month old is still on BM, and started to have constipation repeatedly. I increased his fruit and veg, but didn't see a result til I started him on a probiotic too. I use the 9-strain one from Nature Farm. Of course, if your child has any allergies or other conditions, do check with your PD to be on the safe side. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

M suggesting based on own experience to feed High purity Oligosaccharides.

This is Not probiotics, also Not laxative.

This is actually food for the Good bacteria in our body. so only useful for Good bacteria in our body.

When the Good bacteria consumes, it will naturally multiplies by 40 times. thus improving the functioning ability of our intestines.

Back