5months baby boy not drinking milk nor taking cereals.. help needed

valc,
moscow SUCKS! i hated it. this type of flt do once enuff.

I oso nv been to factory outlet in SF. the shopping ard the hotel keeps me busy enuf. but if u go holiday then can make ur hb rent car drive mah! im sure will have 1 nearby hotel..states sure will have 1.

thks for the reassurance. i love to zz til late, but nw cannot liao. smtimes i gv in and let the maid take care of my boy then i zz til lunchtime. feel so bad lor.

my bb is rejecting his milk, this motning he only driink abt 100ml n vomited, at 10+ he drinked finisg 150ml. now he dun even want to drink, n drink vert little, vomitted also.... really dunno wat happened

he is 4mth tml

vernon's mummy, does yr baby display any symptoms of gastric reflux? you can google to find out more on the symptoms. if so, it will be good to consult a PD coz gastric juice from the reflux might burn his oesophagus which happened to my baby when she was 4-5 mths old.

dear mummies,

any changes in ur toddler's feeding? cos mine is so refusing his food...he will chew chew then spit evthg out. in the end, mre food end up on the floor then in his tummy. i noe they say toddler's diet will chg and they wun eat as much..but his chg is quite drastic to me and such a waste of food and effort.

Hello Sungrapes,

If your baby is not losing significant weight by not digesting much or appear listless, I'd think it's still considered normal. My daughter also like going on food strike sometimes. They'll usually start eating well again soon after this spurt dies down and this spurt does come and go! I've got a food blog with some recipes, feel free to browse www.littlegastronomy.com
happy.gif

Hi Mummies;

I really need some advises from those experience mummies with those baby refuse to drink milk. My gal gal refused to drink milk since 2 mths old. i've tried all kind of feeding methods (changed teats/milk powder, Spoon feed, Syringe feed) but still refuse to drink.... At the end, i've managed to feed her once she fell to sleep.... she just simply refuse to drink milk when she awake!

Currently she now 5 mths old & starts to eat semi-solid food but her weight gain seem like didn't increase much. Nurses always complained i feed her too little & ask me increase her milk intake to 150ml. It's seem like mission impossible!

How to improve her milk intake & let her drink during she awake. Help!

PD didn't say much... only commented her weight gain didn't improve much. She very active & healthy, just refused to drink when she awake. PD suggest us start solid food early ....

Mel,
Some babies just happened not to like milk like others. As per your PD's suggestion, starting solids earlier like at 5 months old can possibly help with your child's weight gain. She might incline to solids which I've been hearing from other mums who read my blog. These mums also have babies who didn't like milk but took on solids very well. So if your PD gives you the green light to start solids now, why not give a try? To me, as long as your baby's digestive system is ready for solids, I'd think going solids is a good way. Try these:
- Add milk in rice cereal, suss out allergy for 4 days. You can refer to my feeding journal http://littlegastronomy.blogspot.com/2007/07/feeding-journal.html

- if she doesn't like cow's or breast's milk, you can try SOY or RICE milk. Get them from the organic store or at healthy sections of supermarkets.

- try different receptacles, like using a spoon or syringe to feed milk. And when she can sit up right on her own, try a sippy cup.

Eventually, you can try adding milk into fruit/veggie purees like avocado, papaya, banana, sweet potato and potato. These foods go well with milk. Just mash and mix in the milk. But do remember to apply the 4-day allergy ruling out measures.

From your comment, I don't suppose your child totally refuse milk right? Only not drinking as much I guess. If so, maybe she might just be a small eater(drinker)? This could also be genetic if you or your hub are small eaters. From my experience, most babies who are small milk drinkers will be ok once they start soilds. As long as your baby is happy and active, don't worry too much for now ya
happy.gif

Brenda;

Thanks for your advise.

As you know fussy baby are not easy to take care and i tried seek advise from my colleagues, they seem like do not understand/believe what i said. They might think i exaggerate the things.... Haiz....

I've started the semi-solid food these day & thank god she seem like quite like it. Although very small portion, but it's a big improvement to me!!!

some bbs dun like milk. mine was like tat tho the PD diagnosed him as a reflux bb. even till now he's 2yo still dun like milk unlike other bbs can whack 1 whole bottle type.
if she like solids is better, u can always sneak in milk or gv other diary alternatives.

juz gv milk as supplement am and nitetime is fine.

keep going! ;)

Happy Niu Year! Wish all the baby will love milk....... and more milk! Haha!

Mine just simply don't like milk, so no choice have to feed her more on solid food. Just imagine she took 3 times porridge/cereal per day and she just 5 mths only.

Hi,

I am new here. i have question and need all mummies help. My daughter 3+mths is drinking similac but whenever we feed her she will cry and struggle but she is able to finish most of the time. Can i know whether is it she don't like the milk, stomach wind or what?

Regards,
trashu

Rebecca

Have u tried other brands? If she's still the same, then it's not the milk. I don't think it's stomach wind coz stomach wind will make her upset all the time, not just feeding time. Have u tried tasting the milk from the milk bottle?

There was this period when my boy suddenly cried when I tried to feed him. I tried the milk and realised that it had a very strong detergent smell. Luckily my boy knows how to resist.

rebecca
my girl now 2mths has bn crying and struggling since my CL left. and she almost always doesn't finish her milk. and this is the 2nd time this is happening to me. the first time was with my 2nd born. now it's with my 3rd born. and with my 2nd born i had to feed her in her sleep till she was about 1yr old. if you read my earlier posts you will know how frustrated and helpless and desperate i was.

oh ya when i feed her when she is sleeping is ok...
Yes, i tried the milk ok leh...
I have not try other brands... Which branb will you intro?

rebecca
how long does she take to finish her milk when she is sleeping? and does she suck continuously? mine have to tap the bottle then she will suck once. takes forever lor.

Hi mummies,

Looking for female aged 30 to 45 years old who has at least 1 kid aged 4 to 12 years old and purchased &/or consumed diary products like milk, cheese, butter etc for the household.

Group discussion on 24th Nov (2.45pm & 5.45pm) or 25th Nov (2.45pm & 5.45pm) depending which criteria you fit in. 2 hours. Location in Orchard Road.

$100 cash incentive. Must speak good english. Interested, please sms me at 98530915. Hope to hear from you!

Back