5 years trying to conceive and still no luck. Anyone is fighting with me?

Jus saw the tcm doc this morning and she suspects I have pcos- would like to ask where did y'all go to get tested for pcos (thru polyclinic referral or?)
No need polyclinic referral. Otherwise you may do blood test (amh blood test). It will tell you whether you have pcos or not. Ultrasound scan also can tell too. Hope these info do help!

No need polyclinic referral. Otherwise you may do blood test (amh blood test). It will tell you whether you have pcos or not. Ultrasound scan also can tell too. Hope these info do help!

Tq! If convenient to share, where did you do yours and how far in advance must the appointment be made?

Jus saw the tcm doc this morning and she suspects I have pcos- would like to ask where did y'all go to get tested for pcos (thru polyclinic referral or?)
I don’t think polyclinic tests for PCOS. You will need to do blood test for TSH, T3 and T4. You will also need to do a pelvic scan. You can definitely get a referral from polyclinic though... if you are using government hospital. I went directly to Raffles Hospital.

Pls share that articld again.

Wow that was quite some time. So I was diagnosed PCOS many years ago...Followed a few PCOS diets, advice etc and it did not help. I was transferred to the US for work and decided to revisit PCOS since I got married and am planning for kids. Being there, I get more medical advice and options - more exposure to lots of lab results. It was found that my body has a lot of toxins - heavy metal, chemicals, pesticides etc you name it. It is very common in most bodies given the environment we are in and the stress we face. I made pretty huge changes slowly (don’t give yourself stress during this lifestyle change - do it slowly and to your budget). I prioritized like what I use the most and slowly changed over 6-8 months.

The very first thing I did was filtering my water because it’s something I drink everyday, I got a reverse osmosis system (house is rented so gotta get a stand-alone, using aquatru.. under the sink is cheaper and plumber can do it easily). I slowly changed my diet; processed food first to be out, more vegetables... Seafood has a lot of toxins (but I love it) so I try as best as I can to take only wild ones or those with sustainable practices. The same goes for meat, my chicken is either organic or from a clean farm (in Sg, those are kampung chickens). That being said, I still eat crap once in a while. As you would know, most of our food are GMO and lots of pesticides. My vegetables and fruits are mostly organic or whenever possible - dirty dozen list (google ewg dirty dozen) 100% organic. I changed my make up, soaps, shampoos etc. it’s tough to find a good shampoo so I try and find one as clean as possible and doesn’t make my scalp itch (using Giovianni). There are a lot of clean make ups - fit glow, 100% pure, crunchi etc etc (google organic bunny - she has strict standards). I have an air filter used when I’m sleeping (not the best in the market but better than nothing). Changed my pots and pans and using non toxic types - If you want brand names, Xtrema for ceramic; field company or lodge or le creuset for cast iron; all-clad for stainless steel... I stopped the use of plastic, only using glass or silicone (make sure it’s platinum grade or 100% silicone.. not mixed with crap). My shower has a filter too - I am using aquasana ($70 usd per filter every 6 months). Make sure you get good sleep and rest (I am guilty of it). Also, get stress level down.. I meditate sometimes.. step out when I get too stressed with work..

In Dec 2019, I went back to SG and so I decided to do medical checkup too.. I like to get both sides of info. I also decided to try IUI cuz I want a kid and my husband isn’t young.. I don’t want to wait till I’m older - egg reserve and quality will be affected. My first iui was not successful (timing issue as I only saw the doc on like 5th day menses and my husband’s sperms isn’t like top quality although acceptable) although my scan results showed not polycystic this time round. But you know, polycystic stays for life so that tag will never be removed from me. Don’t worry just because you are PCOS cuz I know 9/10 women who are PCOS and who still have babies. The iui injections messed up my hormones quite a little and with the covid situation in the US, I’m just trying naturally for now.

Oh cleaning products.. load of bad stuff in it. You can use simple stuff such as distilled vinegar and baking soda for cleaning.. I do that.. I also buy Branch basics concentrate. I also use young living concentrate too since I used to subscribe to them.. but now I’m primarily using Branch Basics cuz it’s super no brained and the cost comes out to be very affordable. Basically any products with fragrance it’s gonna be crappy unless the fragrance is from essential oils (again beware of poor quality EO too... in the market it seems that doterra is more transparent as compared to young living.. but yl oils are too notch too, it’s your preference).

On supplements, I’ve since switched to Pink stork liquid prenatal.. hate to swallow pills. My husband takes the capsules cuz that’s the only one that does not make him feel nauseous/headache. My mensea cycle used to be 70-80 days.. it slowly fell to 54.. now it’s maintained at 34. After the iui it messed me up, took 3 months to get back on track.

Wow that was quite some time. So I was diagnosed PCOS many years ago...Followed a few PCOS diets, advice etc and it did not help. I was transferred to the US for work and decided to revisit PCOS since I got married and am planning for kids. Being there, I get more medical advice and options - more exposure to lots of lab results. It was found that my body has a lot of toxins - heavy metal, chemicals, pesticides etc you name it. It is very common in most bodies given the environment we are in and the stress we face. I made pretty huge changes slowly (don’t give yourself stress during this lifestyle change - do it slowly and to your budget). I prioritized like what I use the most and slowly changed over 6-8 months.

The very first thing I did was filtering my water because it’s something I drink everyday, I got a reverse osmosis system (house is rented so gotta get a stand-alone, using aquatru.. under the sink is cheaper and plumber can do it easily). I slowly changed my diet; processed food first to be out, more vegetables... Seafood has a lot of toxins (but I love it) so I try as best as I can to take only wild ones or those with sustainable practices. The same goes for meat, my chicken is either organic or from a clean farm (in Sg, those are kampung chickens). That being said, I still eat crap once in a while. As you would know, most of our food are GMO and lots of pesticides. My vegetables and fruits are mostly organic or whenever possible - dirty dozen list (google ewg dirty dozen) 100% organic. I changed my make up, soaps, shampoos etc. it’s tough to find a good shampoo so I try and find one as clean as possible and doesn’t make my scalp itch (using Giovianni). There are a lot of clean make ups - fit glow, 100% pure, crunchi etc etc (google organic bunny - she has strict standards). I have an air filter used when I’m sleeping (not the best in the market but better than nothing). Changed my pots and pans and using non toxic types - If you want brand names, Xtrema for ceramic; field company or lodge or le creuset for cast iron; all-clad for stainless steel... I stopped the use of plastic, only using glass or silicone (make sure it’s platinum grade or 100% silicone.. not mixed with crap). My shower has a filter too - I am using aquasana ($70 usd per filter every 6 months). Make sure you get good sleep and rest (I am guilty of it). Also, get stress level down.. I meditate sometimes.. step out when I get too stressed with work..

In Dec 2019, I went back to SG and so I decided to do medical checkup too.. I like to get both sides of info. I also decided to try IUI cuz I want a kid and my husband isn’t young.. I don’t want to wait till I’m older - egg reserve and quality will be affected. My first iui was not successful (timing issue as I only saw the doc on like 5th day menses and my husband’s sperms isn’t like top quality although acceptable) although my scan results showed not polycystic this time round. But you know, polycystic stays for life so that tag will never be removed from me. Don’t worry just because you are PCOS cuz I know 9/10 women who are PCOS and who still have babies. The iui injections messed up my hormones quite a little and with the covid situation in the US, I’m just trying naturally for now.
Thank you for taking your time to give me a detailed reply. Really appreciate it. You have given me some hope & encouragement. Will clean up & start on the prenatal vitamins asap. I went for my HSG yesterday but cudnt go thru halway had to stop cos i panicked. Im due back next month.

Water filters in sg are super exp:(. But No choice. Been wanting to get one for like forver guess its time to start my action plan! Thank you dear

Thank you for taking your time to give me a detailed reply. Really appreciate it. You have given me some hope & encouragement. Will clean up & start on the prenatal vitamins asap. I went for my HSG yesterday but cudnt go thru halway had to stop cos i panicked. Im due back next month.

Water filters in sg are super exp:(. But No choice. Been wanting to get one for like forver guess its time to start my action plan! Thank you dear
Check if you can order via amazon from Singapore. A good one goes for like $250+ usd (under the sink installation - just call a plumber).... I have checked many in Singapore, a lot of advertising and costing crazy prices therefore make sure you check the test lab results and not believe what you see. You can also check Aquasana from the US, they have a counter one as well which is under a $100 usd. Start small, don’t need to splurge. Prenatal is very important when trying for a baby - I only knew this 3 months back. Prenatal helps to prevent fetal abnormalities. Most prenatal already contain folate (google why folate is better than folic acid) so don’t double dose. You probably want to find a good omega 3 too.

Hi Zerelda thank you for the recommendations for the water filter! super helpful! I never knew we could install the under the sink ones. so blur! I've been on folic for couple of months. Will get a good omega 3 & switch to Folate as well. small changes do make a big difference. thank you so much!

Hi!

Im also currently trying to conceive . Don’t give up! I did SO ( Super Ovulation ) - IUI 3 times. I took clomid + injectables. Conceived on my 2nd try but unfortunately miscarriage at 6 weeks. Before the miscarriage, my gynae also told me that i have polycystic ovaries. Currently i’m still on TCM & probably want to try fertility massage.

i have read online that IUI result usually peak at the 3-4th Try.
My TCM doctor also told me that husband morphology is quite an important factor for couples who are trying to conceive, so maybe your hubby can eat some supplement / tcm to increase the morphology?

we are in this together! Jiayou!!!
Hi can pls recommend any good TCM. thank you

Hi, can anyone share their IVF process here? Like... The process/steps? Medications used. Time of each stage.

I am contemplating to go for IVF in the US as I work there and have full insurance coverage. My eggs are still healthy and I’m in good health thanks to lifestyle changes. However, my husband is much older (early 40s) and his sperm motility/morphology isn’t as good. While we could still try, I don’t think I wanna spend too much time trying.

My friend at SGH had this process:
- Luron to release multiple eggs
- Puregon to grow eggs
- Ovidrel to ovulate
- Extraction
- Implanted after 5 days and first time success
>> However I thought it was a little too fast? I read that some people take a break between extraction and implantation?

Hi Raksha,

You may try Dr Zou Yu Min from Amk. Alot of ladies is under her care, she do accupunture as well.
Hi, I am planning to book Dr zou yu min for check up also. Have been ttc for 4 yrs but still not success, did 3 IUI but failed. So I wanna try TCM now. Anyone successful conceive under her?

Back