4yr old becomes lazy

assamjam

i need guidance. my child at babyhood is clever but since i relax by giving her more playtime from age two onwards,she has become lazy refuse to read n write. i am worry how she can cope comes to primary school

Is your child attending any preschool / childcare centre?
Here's a good childcare centre that's pretty good in building up the foundation for primary school. Take a good look at their website.
http://www.kindercampus.com.sg/

MY 3 Yr old now is familiar with 1-100 just after 1 month in the school.

my child is with pcf only n attend weekend mandarin class. i find she can't recognise words alone but more of able to name the pictures. is this normal for 4yr old or she is reallt lacking behind?

The school principal tells me, at 4, they are not expected to read and write per say.... Just recognise some letters and patterns.

yes, at 4, they don't have to read but like what pam said, by K2 (6yrs old) they shd know how to read to be ready for pri 1

my gal is 5 and has been enjoying her childhood but now she's turning 6 next year, i have just signed her up for i can read and she seems to have enjoyed her 1st lesson and has been asking when is her next lesson.

Hi Pam,

My gal is 4 yrs old this year and next year, she will be going to K1. She can read Chinese and English words. But the problem I having for her is she is very lazy, only want us to bring her go shopping and playing toys.

Everynite, before she goes to bed, I will make sure her to do some reading and revise the words that she had learnt. However, she will give you that "tired" look but when comes to play, she will not feel tired.

I heard of Lapbooking program and I am interested to let her try. Wonder is it possible that you would share with me on the Lapbooking program your gal is attending?

Thanks in advance.

Back