4months old refuse to sleep

Hi highheels & Faz & hi to Salvaging road,Odie & junior mint!

tired..tired..& no other word to describe my tiredness...

busy week as boss went back Jpn n many guests came, many things to do n follow up..

Jovin develops fever on Wed (abt 4pm) but my MIL nvr call n inform me.only when i reach home ard 7pm,she said "Jo has feels like bit heaty".i thought it is due to hot weather as wat my hubby also said so i didnt bring him to clinic.feed him v de pink paracetamol ard 10pm as he temp is really high (37.8).then as normal the crying started ard 12am as normal but more frequent wake up and longer crying..observe his body temp everytime he wakes up n its getting worst!decided to bring him to clinic de next day ard 6am.very pissed off when MIL still saying, its juz mild fever!not very hot la (she's not my mum, i cant raise my voice/talk back)just pretend i didnt hear wat she said as i were already very tired n worried!worried tat my baby might caught H1N1.summore,when waiting for our turn to c doc,baby is hungry n mil prepare milk.i was shocked when i saw he prepared 7oz of FM.i asked her y so much?n she insisted she only prepare 4oz!she even ask me did i fill in 2oz of plain water in advance!OMG..i dunno what to say..now only i know she cant c the letters on the milk bottle n i dunno how much she has fed my baby so far!!!!

i would agree with Odie.as i read online from a parenting website tat no baby is identical, each baby has their own characters.so nvr/always compare our baby v frens/colleagues,it will only make us feel more stressed n keep on asking "y my baby is not like her/his baby n y other ppl's baby can sleep thru nite n y not mine?"this is wat happened to me 2mths ago until i accept de truth tat my baby is really unique n different!!..i also tried not to take in seriously any advices when my fren/colleague said how they put their baby to sleep n how the method works for them.

too much to say but too busy to continue my writing..will follow up with u all later..

<font color="aa00aa">jo's mummy,

How is Jovin?? Is he better? Don't worry, babies are really resilient beings!

Your MIL sounds like a nightmare. My MIL is awful too but thank goodness she visits me and baby only once a month.

Do let us know how Jovin is doing!</font>

highheels,

thanks for concern, ya Jovin is alright now..and found tat he is slowly moving out of the phase..as i noticed tat not much crying,fussy,cranky or long crying..he still wake up in de middle of nite several times rubbing his eyes,spit out his pacifier n crying but will settle down when feed him with water,he will fall asleep after tat (with a few pat on his chest).he also will stop crying when i give him his favorite soft toy(with bell sounds) n he will hold it tightly,listen to the sound of bell when his hands move n then fall asleep. hopefully, he will grow out of this phase soon!!has been putting him to sleep with me n hubby on Fri and Sat nite..feels like i can sleep more!but..old ppl always say don say abt good things too often n baby will turn to bad..hahah..
and i hope Jovin is a smart boy as wat others say tat baby tat don like to sleep/don sleep much tends to b smarter!smile!

yes my mil is really a .. dunno how to describe.. but seeing she is willing to help me look after Jovin, i already appreciate her.. so try not to argue on small lil things.. juz will complain to my husband when i feel bad..

yeah highheels,i've bought Jovin his stroller, Capella S707 (new model), Jovin seems enjoy sitting in n can fall asleeps easily..think bcos of the material of the seat is soft.

Great to hear that Jovin is OK now!

He should be about 5mths' old now? I really hope Jules grows out of this phase soon too.

I think it is ok to co-sleep with your baby as long as both you and your hubby are fine with it. Elders will always give you advice (sometimes unsolicited) but if the advice isn't useful or against what you believe in, you just listen - one ear in, one ear out.

Does your hubby side your MIL or you??

Oh, where did you get the Capella from?? And how much was it??</font>

<font color="aa00aa">BTW Ladies,

I notice that my hair is falling out like crazy now. Is it normal for hair loss to occur a few months after delivery????

It's really scary. My entire home is littered with my hair now.</font>

highheels,

yes, Jovin is 5mths now n getting hungrier n hungrier now,don worry ur lil one will grow out of this phase soon ya..

my hubby is ok with baby sleeping with us,sometimes he is the one asking me to bring baby over our room in weekdays. yeah, their advice sometimes is really unsolicited, hav u heard tat baby having fever cannot bath?this is wat my mil said.then my hubby,sometimes he sides my mil..when i complaint to him,he'll keep quiet,then when i continue too much(heheh), he will ask me to ignore her n say she is old ppl,don't blame her old thinking lor..i understand he is in hard situation when come to this..but as long as he is always supporting me,im already relieved..i will tell him i complaint to him is without any harsh meaning..i juz wan someone to lend his ears to me bcos i don like to keep everything myself.its better i complain to him rather than i complain to other ppl rite!

bought the capella at Robinson Centrepoint @$429.its good if u hav robinson card, can get rebates/discounts.but its so heavy 8.5kg.i don think i will bring de stroller out without my hubby ard.

my hair is also all ard de hse..feels so irritated..n Jovin always pull my hair when i bath him..really scary esp when washing hair..its like a bundle of hair dropping when i rinse..but they say its normal..n will last for at least 3mths n longest is 6mths!!

Regarding the hair fall... yup that is normal. Actually during pregnancy you will notice that you don't drop as much hair and your hair will be very full. What you are dropping now is what should have fallen out back then =p

It usually last for 3 months. Don't fret!

Hope the babies slept well over the weekend. And yes I remember that it was like a curse, if we commented that we had a good night, the next thing we know it will be bad again =X

I've not heard that a baby shouldn't bathe because of fever! I guess your MIL is rather old-fashioned? But it's good that your hubby supports you. Husband and wife should always stand united against in-laws!
happy.gif

Odie,

Thanks for the reassurance. The amount of hair I'm losing is terrifying. I thought I saw a bald patch...
sad.gif

As for my baby, YES, you are right! It's like a curse! The moment I have a good night (by that I mean about 1-2 night wakings, with not much trouble settling baby back to sleep), and I have a glimmer of hope that perhaps things are improving, baby acts up again the next day.

I'm like praying to God every night that things will get better soon.

As for the weekend, baby was the same. Waking up about 3-5 times a night. Sometimes, I'm really amazed at how I'm still able to function throughout the day.</font>

morning ladies!

sorry i have been MIA'ing for a while.been down with sore throat and busy at work!nonetheless i dun wana lose out in any way here hee..

Oldie

appreciate your kind advices,really.It was really an eye/brain opener after reading them. We sure need more of ur consoles/expertise in this area hee.

Jo's mummy

gosh i m sorry to hear dear Jovin was down with fever.i m sure you had a tough time attending to him.but rest assured babies at this stage fall sick so frequently.While ariel was 5 mths he was sick the entire month,can u believe it!i was in and out of PD/KKH-tell me about it. but again i tell myself all of this are beyong our control.n the fact that they fall sick,is indeed a good sign.Wah a sign of relieve i see.Jovin really acting up well now huh.Good for u..we r happy for you.Well i am still praying that Ariel will lessen the frequent wake ups.but really i m so immune to it now hee. Right Highheels??hee

Chill dear,staying with our mil is never easy.but like u said,we must also be appreciative of their presence.it certainly helps us alot undeniably! as long as she tkes care of Jovin well,u should just turn one eye lah hee.

Wah i smell new stroller here..nice one..but u funny,like me cannot manage the stroller alone if hubby not around. Useless arent we! LOL. N i completely forgotten,thnks for the FB add!u look awesome.i see no DARK RINGS lor..so pretty sumore hee..

Highheels

how hv u been??funnyhow we managed to msn amidst ur BUSY schedule-attending to lil Jules n all..For me,i can hold other work/calls that comes in while msning u..Kha,cos i dun wana a miss a chance of not talking to u. Last night Ariel was kinda OK too.slept at 9pm,woke up shortly at 930pm after a nighmare episode i think hee,continue to sleep at arnd 10pm. Woke up for 1st feed at 2am and subsequent feed at 5am.In bet no whimpers n kickings! Continue sleeping till 7am! ok lah..cross fingers,like Oldie said too,should never praise them or be too happy about it. How was Jules?
This fri ariel has a follow up checkup at KKH. He has a case of urine reflux since he was 6 weeks old. But thank god,he has recovered totally since 4 months. So we r just gonna see the dr and follow up on his case.

highheels,

abt my mil,im too lazy to talk abt her..

during de weekends,its really tiring when i hav to take care of baby whole day including shopping with hubby..but on Sun nite,i'll faint sleep..hahah..means i can sleep a stretch 7hrs from 12am-7am without hearing baby's cry!!

Ima,

been busy these few days?browse thru ur photo album at fb..wow..Ariel is super adorable with his big round eyes..how good if Jovin has it!! by de way, Ariel is really fair..and u look like chinese..r u a mix of chinese n malay??sorry pls ignore if u think i've ask too much!!

b4 i gave birth to my baby,im not superstitious n i don believe much in any old folks wisdoms..until the born of my lil baby..ppl always said tat don praise the baby in front of them or they will turn bad.for example,my hubby keep on praising my baby tat he is so refined and crying so gently when he is born.so when baby return home,suddenly his crying is so loud n uncouthly.then also ppl saying,don't keep on saying y ur baby is so fat in front of him/her as later she will turn so thin..hmm..but sometimes its true n does happen..anyway..juz a word of advice!! hehe..

<font color="aa00aa">Faz, any tips to being immune to a sleep-resistant baby??? I'm so exhausted. Jules as usual last night woke up 4 times. She doesn't seem to need to sleep.

Wah, you hold work calls just to MSN me?? Very honoured hehe.

Oh dear...urine reflux? Actually, paiseh, what is it? But he is OK now and that's all that matters. BTW, do you bring Ariel to PCC at KK?

jo's mummy,

You must be super tired to faint sleep! Hehe. Sometimes, when Jules has a "better" night, I wonder if I actually faint slept too.

My grandma also told me not to praise the baby in front of them or the opposite will happen. When my baby was born, everyone said she was so small and how she is so lucky "because she will probably be slim all her life", then now she is so big!

BTW, share your MSN with me and Faz?</font>

Jo's mummy

i can totally relate to ur weekend.i took care of Ariel solely too cos i tend to give my maid a lil leeway on weekends. Hence the thought of trying to catch up on lose sleep never exists too! Thou my maid still helps out in taking care of Ariel,i want to be taking care of him, neglecting him on weekdays already make me feel guilty at times hee..But good for u,it definitely pays off with the 7 hrs of undisturbed sleep on Sun! Phew..didnt Jovin wake up at all?Hes there,almost there..passing the phase..lucky u!

Yeah kinda busy..with me falling sick n work..tough2..Hee..big eyes..sure,everybody would comment on that. "Eyes so big huh?...look like girl also.." Jovin's eye is chinese eyes mah..hee..while Ariel's malay hee. i m kindof mix- my mum's chinese while dad malay,. Aiya but most of the time i look malay lah..

I agree,as much as i dun believe in all these old folks sayings, i still tell myself to confine my comments just to myself.Our parents have since been here first so i guess we better play safe.just listen to them and take it with a pinch of salt.hee

Highheels

Immune??harhar..no such thing lah..i m not immune yet sumhow..Like u,i am also exhausted dear.Lil Jules n Ariel both would rather not sleep but play. i am totally clueless as to how their body can take no sleep in 24 hrs!

Oh urine reflux is a condition in which urine travels backward from the bladder toward the kidney and may affect one or both ureters. When the ureters malfunctions and allows urine to flow backward, bacteria from the bladder easily enters the kidney. A child with reflux is more likely to develop a kidney infection that can cause kidney damage. Ariel case wasnt as bad yet to the extend hes kidneys are damaged.it was just his reoccurence fever that pd worries and also to prevent from further backflow of urine. He simply controls his urine i guessed when he was smaller but now he has learnt how to deal with it. He was put on antibiotic for 2 months and recovered eversince.but again keeping our fingers crossed!

Wat is PCC anyway hee...

highheels,

de tiredness mayb is accumulated for de whole week dy,but end up wake up on Mon feel even more tired seems juz not getting enuf sleep! heheh..but i really must salute u for being able to handle urself all alone for 24/7, 365days!!

as for de msn,i'll ask Faz to send u my msn add,as i feel not convenient to give it to u here..hehe..

would like to add u in FB also..wan look at Jules photo..must b very adorable!!!

Faz,

i do have dark circles leh..cover up with foundation ma..so u cant c clearly..
yes i agree wt u,i take care myself during weekend to let my mil rest n boost up her energy during tat 2days..also to get to closer to baby n know more abt him..during my 7hrs sleep on Sun, Jovin did wake up/cry for feeding but i sleep too deep tat i cant hear his crying..heheh..but slowly i can observed tat he is passing de phase..last nite sleep with me too..last feeding is 7.30pm after his bath,sleep ard 8.30pm, wake up at 12.30am for 1st feeding (in btw twist n turn,rub his eyes but no crying), sleep again,wake up at 3am,change diapers feed him with water,then let him sleep by himself,wake up at 5am for 2nd feeding,sleep again n wake up at 7.30am when i finished make up&amp;dress up to go for work!i juz feel so happy when see his cute face sleeping n little wink eyes without waking up when i switch on the lights.

thank god to know tat Ariel's condition is not as bad..but as parents,de hurt,worriedness,n sadness is always on us!!!althou only a small scratch on his face will make me feel so pain!tats y i got depression easily during confinement, when baby keeps crying without knowing wat happened to him,keep thinking will he has stomach upset,colic,or other pains.

hey Faz,from ur photos,Ariel don look like hard to handle baby..he is just so good boy when u n ur hubby swimming in de pool..hmm..hope i can celebrate my anniversary at 1 of de hotel too..hehhe..

<font color="aa00aa">Morning ladies!

Faz,

Great to hear that Ariel is fully recovered! PCC = The Private Children's Clinic at KK. Opposite TPS (The Private Suite). Do you bring Ariel to PCC for his checkups?

jo's mummy,

No need to salute me la hehe. I'm thinking of bringing Jules to wherever my hubby is posted to when she is 1 yr old. He comes back only a few days a month now and I really don't think this is good for me, baby or our marriage. Think 1 yr old baby should be easier to handle right??</font>

highheels,

heheh..actually im also always think tat 1yr old baby is easier to handle and i've been planning my honeymoon for next yr end of april..haha..as i got pregnant after my marriage so yet to hav enjoy my honeymoon..

however, how long ur husband going to b posted to a place/country for each assignments/projects? as i don encourage baby to travel ard as their immune system is still very weak until they r 5 or 6 yrs old.i understand ur current situation..its really not good for u and baby with the daddy not ard most of the time..i would not b able to make it without my husband ard me..u r really great!!

hey ladies!

how have u all been?i m ok so far..

Highheels

i didnt know theres this PCC in KKH itself otherwise i would have check it out.we went to normal clinics within KKH - Clinic K.Ariel was attended by a GPD called DR Ng KC. His usual immunisation n checkups were all done at polyclinic since its most accessible for me. Hows lil Jules coming along? Abt ur tot on following suit ur hubby is not a bad idea. As much as we worry about Jules/our babies immune system not capable yet, having ur hubby anrd u is the most impt! i totally support u. But to tell u,wen they are 1 yrs old,its not gonna get any easier as well hee..but at least they can relate to us slightly. wen is ur hubby coming bck frm this round?nxt potential country?

Have u got a chance yet to bring Jules out of the house?Let her be more exposed to surroundings..better dat way.

Jo's mummy

Woohoo u really jackpot lah..meaning u straightaway conceived Jovin right after marriage..so chun..good for u hee..Pls u can start planning for ur anniversary getaway..it'll sure be fun with Jovin arnd..all the splatterings..by then he'll be more den a yr old.

Btw,abt Ariel looking like a easy boy to handle is so not true..hee..looks can be pretty deceiving..but ok lah at least he lets me n hubby swam for a while.

highheels,

yes, i totally support u too..so with Faz' n my support,u don feel lonely at all..we are always here to support u!its actually good also to let baby adapt to diff environment n places so tat when he grown up,she can be easily handle n can sleep at wherever u bring her to!!

Faz,

yes..the god juz cant wait to give me the wedding gifts!! my family n frens juz keep on laughing at me say im "terlalu subur"..hahah

the honeymoon is for next yr..this coming oct planning for wed anniversary..mayb will juz celebrate at local hotel juz like u..hopefully can get a 5star hotel!some frens ask me not to bring baby along but we juz love to bring him with us ard..althou there's too many things to carry with! u too rite!

<font color="aa00aa">Morning ladies! Jules woke up at 5am :eek: this morning so I'm up super early as well.

Faz,

Hubby comes back a few days a month. As to his next posting, we have no idea. The thing about his job is that you don't know how long you will be in each country and where the next posting will be. Sian right?

When I first got married, I was so excited about the prospect of living overseas, plus in different countries. But I was too naive la. Once baby came along, such a job is not that good anymore. Think this kind of job is great for singles/couples with no kids. Once you have a kid, things are very different.

Sigh. I hope he returns to SG permanently soon but I doubt it. Sometimes can't help feeling regret that he took up a job like this...
sad.gif

Sorry for ranting, but suddenly feeling super sian...

jo's mummy,

What is "terlalu subur"???

Where are you planning to go for your honeymoon??? So romantic....</font>

highheels,

i agree with u,b4 i met my husband im also very desperate to find a job which can be posted to overseas regularly as i like to travel.every time i heard my fren being posted to overseas for abt like 2-3weeks staying in a 5star hotels with all the allowances..i was like..how good if i can get such a job..

but now..im so happy tat i didnt apply to such job/the com nvr recruit me ..heehee..cos now wat is impt to me is my family..i really need them by my side..n yes i agree tat once we have a kid, everything is different..wat we wan to do..we will think of our kid at the 1st place..they r our priority...

so i always tell my fren who is still single o juz got married to enjoy their newly wed life n go travel n do anything they like now..bcos once they got a baby, they wont have time to travel, or go for movie/shopping..unless they r abt 2yrs old..

sorry highheels, "terlalu subur" means very fertile..heheh..its in malay language. i "plan" to go Hokkaido,Japan le..but my husband juz love to go Taiwan..haih..still under planning until i bought the ticket/package..heheh..anyway its next yr plan..and i told my MIL, this is our HONEYMOON..hope she understand wat im trying to hint her..hahah

Highheels

hows weekend with hubby around..i m sure u had fun ;-P. How was Jules reaction towards daddy. i hope she doesnt cry out loud.

Jo's mummy

u ah so funny lah..yes yes must early2 hint ur MIL about ur nxt year's HONEYMOON plans. Oh yes there are so many barangs2 to bring if the lil one tags along. but its worthwhile really. by then Jovin will be a big boi too. easier to handle. i first brought Ariel to stayout was when he was 4 mths hee..This Oct hubby bthdae mayb book local hotel again...see how lah..got budget or not..i pay mah.

Yeah, when kids come into the picture, priorities change. Now baby is #1. Hoping my hubby returns to SG for good eventually...

Go to Hokkaido!!! It's gorgeous!!! If you can, hire a car and drive around. Their GPS system is fantastic! Won't get lost one!!! And ya, better tell your MIL early! Imagine if she tags along...

Faz,

Thank goodness Jules was ok with Daddy! At first, she stared at him, then she smiled. Then ok already. My hubby was super relieved as well. He is back in Penang, coming back again end Aug for a few days.

But at night, hubby can't take it. He asked me how I manage to endure every night with Jules waking up all the time. I told him "what to do!" Think women really stronger than men.

Wah, your hubbies all very romantic leh. Romance for me and my hubby went out the window once Jules came along. Sigh!</font>

Faz,

hey my husband's bday also in oct as well as our 1st yr wedding anniversary, so will also plan to book a local hotel to celebrate tgt with Jovin.I hav a few hotels with corporate rates..tell me which hotel u interested to stay in i can check if its cheaper to use my com.corporate rate..i intend to do this also..heheh.

but for the HONEYMOON, actually i don intend to bring Jovin tgt as althou he is dy 1yrs old but hmm as i said, its HONEYMOON..so should be only me n hubby..hahah..me devil..leave Jovin alone..i once decided to bring him tgt but all my frens,colleagues n relatives say since its honeymoon should enjoy..bcos if bring Jovin tgt..no point go Japan..as will b busy taking care of him only..summore if bring him tgt,think i need 1 luggage bag to put only his stuffs...

highheels,

was happy tat Jules was ok with her Daddy..heard ppl said tat gals will tend to stick to daddy as daddy will dote gals more..n baby boy will stick to mummy when they r small..but when grown up, gals will stick to mummy n boy with stick to daddy..dunno how true is it..

sounds like u've been to Hokkaido with a rented car n driving ard there?? wow..so interesting..but i intend to take up the package 1 which includes all the hotels,meals n sightseeing..as me n my husband both very poor in reading map..no direction at all..so better take up package..

actually i also experienced hard time with my hubby once Jovin came along..we hardly hav time to talk to each other..as all my attention is on Jovin n i went back msia after confinement..n we hav some disagreement over his mum..but lucky we try to settle everything n slowly rebuild our relationship..now we r juz like b4 n with Jovin,our r/ship is getting better n better..highheels, its bcos ur husband is overseas most of the time so u think tat both of u went out the window..mayb u should also plan for a gateaway with ur husband on his next return in end of Aug..try ask if ur mum can help take care of Jules for several hrs while u go out shopping,dine, or catch a movie with ur hubby..think ur mum is ok..

<font color="aa00aa">Hehe, guess what? My hubby's birthday is also in October! Guess our hubbies are October babies!

jo's mummy, which are the hotels you have corp rate??

Yep, hubby and I went to Hokkaido about two years back. It was our honeymoon ;) We rented a car and drove around. I will never forget the experience! We had a great time! It helps to know a bit of Japanese though. My Jap sucks but somehow even lousy Jap helps in breaking the ice.

It's great that your r/s with your hubby is good. Mine seems stagnant liao haiz. Hubby and I thought of getting away for a few days end of the year but my mother is really nervous about taking care of baby. Oh man! We will see how it goes.</font>

wow..interesting..our husband all born in Oct..guess we really have fate to meet each other here..hohoho..

highheels, a lot of hotels i have corporate rate..u let me know which hotel u interested n i shall check the rate for u ok?

wow..so sweet ur honeymoon at hokkaido..so u n hubby go on free&amp;easy? still hav the itinerary with u?so u do know some jap language tho..

yeah so funny..looked like we r all destined!hubby are all oct baby...Care to share?mine 2nd oct..hee

Jo's mummy

thnks for the offers. i would definitely need your help when the time comes..but for now havent had any idea as to which hotel to stay yet. For u, u may want to consider Amara Sanctuary - Sentosa.went ther on my birthday this year..i liked it..nice ambience,quiet..away frm the hustle n bustle.

Highheels

my dear dun worry abt baby. if u have chance to go with hubby,be it JB or anywher else..go for it..or like i did,worst come to worst bring Jules in! u r goin b just fine dear..ur hubby is not in town dat explains the stangnanty. it would be for us too if our hubby is not by our side. I still tke my hats off u for able to handle Jules at this rate alone. Compared us to u, we r nothing!

Yep, we went free&amp;easy. My hubby did most of the planning and bookings of the hotels, ryokans etc though. I took some Jap classes before but I know very little.

Faz,

My hubby's birthday is 24 Oct! No la, you and jo's mummy are NOT nothing!!! All Mummies with refuse-to-sleep babies really deserve a pat on the back!!!

Oh ya, I brought Jules to her great-grandma's place. She didn't cry (I thought she would) but could tell she was a bit tense. Guess it's a new place to her. And my MIL came yesterday...Jules fell asleep and she kept trying to wake her up. She does that whenever she comes!!! I really hate it!!!

BTW, how are all your babies now? Jules still on and off. She woke up once for 3 nights, giving me hope, but then last night woke up 3 times again...
sad.gif
</font>

highheels,

i also took jap language classes but all forgotten already..heheh..wow..i hope my husband can plan for the itinerary but he is not those tat can go on back pack holiday lor..envy envy..
my husband's bday is 22nd Oct..
ya would like to recommend Pan Pacific Singapore hotel to u, their weekend stay is $220++ including breakfast for 2adults.they have nice view rooms..so far this is the cheapest weekend stay rate for 5* hotel..hehe..quick on n check online n book 1..worst come to worst bring Jules along, they do provide cot upon request n its FOC!

Jovin is also on and off giving me hopes..sometimes is zleeping straight 4hrs but some nites wake up every 3hrs for feedings..its great to hear tat Jules is behaving so well..ya i understand how u feel when ur MIL tries to wake Jules up since Jules is already sleeping so little..but no choice as she 1mth only visit her granddaughter once..so its normal for her to do so as she don understand ur situation o she juz simply don care..anyway this shows tat she doted Jules n don wan to waste the time when visit Jules..i always try to think positive so tat i wont feel bad/sad..tats not healthy n its wasting our energy to get angry/hate someone..sorry highheels, im not lecturing u/saying u r not rite..im trying to ask u to relax urself o share with u how i manage myself with MIL..hope i don offended u..

Faz,

thanks for recommending Amara Sentosa, ya i know their superb ambience but i like to stay at city leh..heheh convi for shopping lor..heheh i like shopping so much..somemore my husband scared of hot weather le..he sweat a lot..so think he wont like to go Sentosa..so probably will choose pan pac o nay hotels in orchard area..

among us, u've got more experience as Ariel is the eldest. so excited to know that he is now climbing so well..should b very busy for u to lock ur eyes on him! as every minutes he can b everywhere..rite? but its so happy when we know our kids learn new things n progressing to new stage..so u can expect him to walk ard with u in another 3mths time? heheh..

Faz, i juz hav a lot of questions to ask u abt preparing those cereals or porridge but always being busy..mayb u don mind to share with us here..since i think highheels will also b interested to know..

Hear from u ladies soon!

hey mommies

how have u all been??i hope alls well n fine..

Cool now that we have all our hubbies tucked in for the month of Oct..soon..soon..so we gota crack out brain out for them.wat gifts etc to get for them..

Highheels

like Jo' mummy said, i guessed its the norm with all these grannies. like my FATHER in law thou, he knows for the fact that Ariel is a light sleeper and yet he still try all means to wake him up at some instances. Initially i got really affected but again,i tot hey let them lah..anyways its their beloved grandchild. i guess we cannot be too strict in that sense,otherwise other conflict may occur. she must have miss Jules so much dat she simply need to disturb her frm her routine 'nap'. otherwise u take it easy ya. Ariel lately showed a 'lil' progress but again we just let him, no praises watsoever. he still sleep at latest 9pm and wake up for his 1st feed like 4-6 hrs later. den continue to sleep till 7am. so more or less a bit stable now,but on many occasions too..it got haywire again. Plus now hes becoming more n more active, hes occupying 2 mattresses cos 1 is not enough to contain his vigorous movements thruout the night.Perhaps after hari raya, i will lay out his playpen and let him sleep inside. or during daytime let him play. cos at this stage,i ran out of means to contain him.even his rocker n bumbo are of no use now. and the other day he fell off together with his rocker - the rocker collapse on him. he rocked too hard n wanted to break free from the safety belt!Phew lucky he didnt cry,was just shocked hee..

Jo's mummy

ooh hee..ur hubby cool guy huh..Pan pac is the ideal hotel for u..i got a good deal the other day at Swissotel Stamford for $180++ with bfast. Let me know if u interested. Can shop also,got raffles city n marine sq arnd!

Me,experience?no lah..i anyhow one..trial n error.at times i think my maid cleverer den me hee..Ok more or less this is my method at makin cereals.

1. for 1st time, perhaps scoop 1-2 tablespoon (slight mountain) of cereal (urs is Nestle right)to a bowl.
2. at the same time,prepare milk of abt 60-80ml as usual in a bottle.
3. Mix the cereal n milk together. Bear in mind, the lumps of cereal after mixing with the milk,make sure we get rid of the lumps by pressing with the spoon hard enough.
4. Make sure that texture is fine not too thick. Otherwise hard for them to swallow at initial stage.
5. Ready to serve!

Ariel is still eating abt 3 tablespoon of cereal every morning. he doesnt seemed to like cereal as much as puree.I do a mix n match on cereal. For eg, this week will be purely nestle,following week is SenSen Moon Rabbit Brown Rice and so forth. if u dun change, they will be 'jelak' very fast.

And yes, Ariel is getting more n more hard to handle.but seeing their progress like u said,is extremely worthwhile!i m sure Jovin is one too!

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Ladies!

jo's mummy,

No worries la, no offence taken. You are right that we shouldn't waste time and energy being too negative; it serves no purpose.

And you and Faz are right that she probably misses Jules and I guess once a month let her wake up still ok la.

Will post more later, Jules is making a lot of noise now</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Morning ladies!

Finally, I have some time to post. Jules has been super active lately.

Just a week ago, she fell off my bed! I was folding laundry in front of her while she was playing on my bed. The moment I turned around to stack her rompers in the cupboard, I heard a loud "thud" and found her on the floor face-up! She was screaming her head off!

I was so scared! Thank goodness she was ok.

Learnt my lesson though. Really can't leave a baby unattended!

Jules is 5 months old today! I'm planning to start her on solids next month. Am really excited about it but I know once baby starts solids, there will be a lot of stuff to be done.

Faz, is the Nestle one you are referring to the one that says "My first solid food"? Something like that? As for purees, do you freeze them? Am thinking of getting baby food cubes to freeze some purees. Doubt I will have time to make fresh puree everyday.</font>

dear mummies

chanced upon this thread and i can totally sympathise with you all. difference is, i have passed the phase which you are all curently facing.

my son is now 21 mths... he wasn't a good sleeper since birth until late few weeks. and it was after i did the cry it out methd. i never believed in cry it out method all long because i think it's terrible to do that. but lately i did it because i found that my son is old enuf to understand. yes, it was a good 20 mths of sleeples nites. not meant to scare u ladies but more of encouraging you that the phase will pass. at 21 mths, my son sleeps from 9pm to 7am and still wakes up but only once or twice, usualy to drink water or for a diaper change. and he goes right back to sleep.

since birth, my son's nap was not long. he took cat naps of between 20mins to about 1hr from birth to about 7mths. after that, his naps improved, he took up to 1.5hrs to 2.5hrs nap. nite time sleep was terrible since birth too. he goes to sleep before 9pm every nite without much fuss but the problem is he is not able to sustain the sleep. like many of you had mentioned, the nite wakings will start around 12 am and gets worst from 4am onwards. his nite wakings are normally due to pacifer dropping out. i also did tons of research on sleep training methods.

anyhow to cut long story short, i don't know how keen you ladies are but u can try the control crying method if they wake up at nite and after you assessed that they are not in pain, hungry or having wet diaper. it means not picking the baby up and just go in to comfort the baby at 5mins interval, then 10mins and the time gets longer until the baby self soothe to sleep. i never believed in it until lately i feel it's time my son learns to self soothe and sleep through. it's for his own good.

i think sleep problems are really common so thereore, hang in there. i have a friend whose daughter did not sleep through until 5yrs old! and even then also still wake up once a nite until 8yrs old.

what i did to get more sleep during those sleepless nites was wat odie did. my husband sleeps late so between 10pm to 2am he will handle the baby while i'll take over after 2am with the nite wakings.

some of you mentioned about being phobiatic in having a 2nd baby. ahaha.. that is exactly what i feel.

ladies, hang in there. it will pass. your baby is only little for that short period, enjoy every moment of it, even he/she has caused you to lose precious sleep.

take care!

Hi ladies, I too have this problem. My son is coming 6 mths soon but still doesn't sleep through the night. I used to swaddle him n found that by doing that, he sleeps better. Now, I let him sleeps side ways n sometimes he'll roll onto his tummy to sleep n he'll sleep longer this way. I'm jus hoping that this phase will pass soon n looking forward to have good night sleep.

I didn't use yaolan or rocker because it takes up space and I didn't want baby to get too used to it. I bought a nursing cover that comes with an elbow nursing pillow from www.bigbellymama.com and the elbow nursing pillow works wonders to make my baby sleep. It also takes away the sweat at the elbow area.

Unfortunately for me too..my bb is a super light sleeper..from birth..he can go through the day w/o even taking a nap..that really shocked me. As i didnt expect babies (newborn) esp to be able to tahan not sleeping.

It didnt help as well..when my sis in laws kids were so easy to handle..most of them were able to sleep through the night after 2nd or 3rd month..This really caused me to have slight depression. I was even thinking if it was due to my late nights when i was pregnant that caused bb to be like this...

But now i have learnt to accept that every baby is different..and learn to accept that my baby is just not sleepy..and hopefully this is a passing phrase.

Last night..he woke up starting from 12am midnight every 2hrs for a feed..And he drank either 40ml or 80ml during each feed and he will concussed thereafter..want to feed him more to lengthen the time also cannot..Damn tired..

I wonder if feeding water really helps..My bb is currently 2 months old..V tempted to feed him with water in hope that it will cut down at least 1 feed at nite...Dear mummies out there..any idea?

HI Amanda

Understand your situation. If you read my earlier post i this thread, you will know why I sympathise with you. I been thru the same tough stage.

2 months is still relatively young. They still need more milk for growth.

Have you tried pacifier? Sometimes babies just want to suck for comfort so to go back to sleep. I find that it works for my son but it does bring about another set of problem. That is, if the pacifier drops, he will make noise. However, comparing the two devils, popping the pacifer back in is easier than making and feeding milk. And you can go back to sleep faster and easier.

Hi Amanda, when my baby was going into 2nd month I read this book called Babywise I (mainly re infant nightime sleep) &amp; applied many of the principles suggested in it. My personal experience since then is the book gives very sensible advice, &amp; I can see results in my baby.

Babies need lots of sleep. If sleep deprived, they are not as alert during their waketime, &amp; this impedes how well they play &amp; learn.

In the book they explained why feedtime/waketime/naptime (in this order) interact very closely to affect baby's routine. You cannot leave baby to decide when they want to fall asleep.

Do pm me if u want more details...cos i dont check threads everyday...

Doobie: sadly my bb is v resistant to pacifier. If he expects a feed n I give him pacifier he will cry even louder. Maybe I can try again tonight. But I really scare to disturb the neighbours w his cries. Btw he screams n wails v loudly. Pretty stressed whenever he cry. See if it works or not.

Doobie: anyway my bb is 6kg n he is 2 mths old. He is a v fat bb. Am q sure he can live w/o one feed at nite. At least I hope lah haa

Hi Amanda,

Haha... your bb has excess fats huh... but honestly, it's good that he is drinking a lot of milk. Not like mine, he doesn't drink a lot back then when he was little.

If he is resistant to pacifer, then i suppose giving water is the only way. However, would really suggest let your bb grow more first before resorting to water to wean him off one of the feed.
happy.gif

hEY Doobie,

Tried last nite to give him water for his 4am feed, he cried every 1/2hr think he is geninuely hungry.

Guess i will take ya advice for now..GIve him another 2 more weeks..But i really scare he becomes too fat..before i try my water method again..hopefully he will skip that feed before i return to work in May..FIngers crossed

Hi Amanda

Babies will eventually lose their baby fat later when they can crawl and walk. so dun worry k. think of it this way... it is good that he is drinking. Not like my son, so difficult to feed him milk when he was little.

Hi everyone,

My baby, coming to 4 mths, also naps like 30-45 mins every day for 2-3 times. He's a super light sleeper and would be awaken by noise. Recently, I started to leave him in his cot if he wakes up and makes noise (but if he wails, then I will go in and pick him up). I realise that he will then suck his hands and fall back to sleep. I'm still trying out this method and dont know if it will work though... Luckily, he would sleep well at night...

Gerxy, can you please give some suggestions or methods to make babies nap more in the day?

Hi Christmas Baby,

For me, I will put baby to bed abt 1.5hrs before his next feed. So for eg, if his feed is 12pm, his next feed wld be 3.30pm. I wld then put him to bed at 1.30pm. If he wakes up in between, i'll put him back to bed again...let him sleep till feed time.

My baby has a high pitched cry when he's hungry...so i would only make exceptions &amp; feed him if he wakes up in-between with this cry...more often than not, his mid-sleep cries are the "i'm tired" kind &amp; he's unable to put himself back to sleep....

i'm one of those who believe that children thrive on routine. So although initially I had difficulty putting my baby to bed &amp; back to bed when he wakes in the middle of naptime, I kept at it &amp; about a week later he got used to that...in fact now he will feel sleepy around the time he is supposed to sleep.

sometimes babies can't fall asleep if they've been over-stimulated during playtime. so if you find it hard to put him to bed, can try reducing the playtime by 15 mins.

at this moment, his shortest nap is the late afternoon nap, he only manages 1 hr....but apparently babies will drop this late noon nap 5 months on, so it's ok. His late morning &amp; early afternoon naps are 1.5-2hrs each.

hope the above helps. can pm me too.
happy.gif

Thanks, Gerxy! hmm.. what are some of the techniques that you use to put him back to sleep? my baby only respond to rocking in the day... ;p

haha...unfortunately, i also spoil him in this area...i wld rock him to bed in a sling..he loves it.
happy.gif

now my mum is staying with me &amp; taking care of him when I'm at work, &amp; she managed to put him to bed by giving him pacifier, holding him down with bolsters, &amp; patting him....

that said, my boy if he's occasionally falls asleep while lying on the bed / stroller just like that...hopefully he'll do more of this...haha.

this thread inactive ---- wonder how all your babies are doiing now. must be 1-2 years old already.
now its my turn for nightmare nights

Here I found really awesome information. It was also a tough job to make fall asleep your child. but thanks to your informative words it will solve many moms problems.

Back