40 and above pregnant club

Hi ladies, I am a first time mum turning 40 next year. EDD is 14 May. This is our miracle baby as we are supposed to start our ivf programme in Sept but we took our chance and hit jack pot. Has anyone decided to go for amino test yet?

momocrv, I will go for harmony test

irenelim77, congrats... I believe you are more than welcome to join. Wow... 4th child...

momocrv, I will go for harmony test

Thanks jastan. After reading thru all comments here, I have decided to go for the genetic scan with dr Ananda before we decide on the harmony test later.

irenelim77, congrats... I believe you are more than welcome to join. Wow... 4th child...

If u go genetic test with dr Ananda then you can skip harmony cos a lot of pple failed Oscar or harmony then go to him . No need to waste 2x doing both ie ananda and harmony

Hi all, I am 44 turning 45 this year. Just got cfm that I am 10 weeks preg.
This is totally unplanned and we are now in the state of shock.

I went to see the doctor for a referral thinking that I may be having some other issues, as the home test kit showed neg twice that I had tested.
I am on meds fro hypertension and cholesterol, but was told by doctor to continue with meds till gynae appt next week.

Anyone else out there who is/was pregnant in their mid 40s?

Hello ladies. I am not preggie but I like to seek some positive vibes from ladies who are my age group. Me 43 in 2 months time.

Did you all got bfp from natural or assisted program? Was your pregnancy complication-free?

I had bfps before but miscarriaged.

Hi all, I am 44 turning 45 this year. Just got cfm that I am 10 weeks preg.
This is totally unplanned and we are now in the state of shock.

I went to see the doctor for a referral thinking that I may be having some other issues, as the home test kit showed neg twice that I had tested.
I am on meds fro hypertension and cholesterol, but was told by doctor to continue with meds till gynae appt next week.

Anyone else out there who is/was pregnant in their mid 40s?
Congrats! Indeed a miracle baby. Enjoy your pregnancy ;)

Congrats! Indeed a miracle baby. Enjoy your pregnancy ;)

Thanks very much for your well wishes.
I had to visit the KKH A&E few days ago due to blood mucus discharge.
It was my first time having to go in for such emergency. Was very scary and nerve wreaking.
Was given a shot and oral meds for 2 weeks.
Next week will be going in for the tests, scan, etc. More stressful weeks to come waiting for results.

Hi ladies, my 1st post here. Been keeping pretty private abt my pregnancy. Didn't want the 'ganjiong-ness' everywhere.
But I think I should 'open up' now. Feeling kinda 'worried' if I am too 'at ease'? You know, kinda relaxed.
Not sure when I should start panicking! I am 40 and in my 15th week. (Thank God for this gift) :rolleyes:

Any idea when should we start booking with the hospital, looking for confinement lady, etc. :oops:

Hi ladies, my 1st post here. Been keeping pretty private abt my pregnancy. Didn't want the 'ganjiong-ness' everywhere.
But I think I should 'open up' now. Feeling kinda 'worried' if I am too 'at ease'? You know, kinda relaxed.
Not sure when I should start panicking! I am 40 and in my 15th week. (Thank God for this gift) :rolleyes:

Any idea when should we start booking with the hospital, looking for confinement lady, etc. :oops:
congrats . u have cleared the critical 1st 3 months

u need to start looking for confinement lady esp those freelance ..
as for hospital not so soon. the gynae will let you know

hey PTB7674, thanks :)

Okie, think I'll read (forum) more and check out the confinement ladies recommended here.

my gynae like sure bochap kind. Asked him if it is okay to color my hair blah blah b;ah, his reply ... "why you ask me something I have no answer to?" :confused:
but in any case, I'm staying with him as I have been with him for over a decade for other gynae issue.

hey PTB7674, thanks :)

Okie, think I'll read (forum) more and check out the confinement ladies recommended here.

my gynae like sure bochap kind. Asked him if it is okay to color my hair blah blah b;ah, his reply ... "why you ask me something I have no answer to?" :confused:
but in any case, I'm staying with him as I have been with him for over a decade for other gynae issue.
For me I din color my hair cos it is a risk I am not willing to take Lolz

I look like white hair lady during pregnancy and even know .. Hehehe
Waiting to color when nearer to cny hehe and my bm for that day will
Be my milk bath Lolz

I have read some articles online, some doctors says that colour hair is ok during pregnancy, so I bo chap and colour my gray hair every 1.5month time.

For hair colouring, maybe safer to use natural henna type rather than chemicals.

Having said that, my hair stylist still do hair colourings throughout her 3 pregnancies and so far so good.

For hair colouring, maybe safer to use natural henna type rather than chemicals.

Having said that, my hair stylist still do hair colourings throughout her 3 pregnancies and so far so good.

Some stylist refused to color cos there are not Enuff study on these coloring be it natural or artificial

Other than white hair I have natural curls Which I have always tamed by doing rebonding. Now my hair is like lion king and I hated it. Makes me look like a mad professor even with my hair tied up. I found an organic shop at upper thomson that uses 99% organic ingredients and ammonia free products. I think I am going to try it soon.

Congrats!! We are same age. This is my first pregnancy too currently in 24 weeks. Enjoy the journey!

Other than white hair I have natural curls Which I have always tamed by doing rebonding. Now my hair is like lion king and I hated it. Makes me look like a mad professor even with my hair tied up. I found an organic shop at upper thomson that uses 99% organic ingredients and ammonia free products. I think I am going to try it soon.
there is one at tanjong pager too ...

like you i did all my research during 1st and 2nd pregnancy but always chicken out ... i too have natural curls so what i did is cut them short short lolz

there is one at tanjong pager too ...

like you i did all my research during 1st and 2nd pregnancy but always chicken out ... i too have natural curls so what i did is cut them short short lolz

I would love to cut it short but my face is too big hehe

Aiyoo please lorrr, I am already fat before preggy. Now ....
headache what to wear to work.
any place or online shops to get affordable dresses to last me through the 2nd and 3rd Trim? :p

me too... fat... now really scare to step on the weighting machine at each visit to the gynae...
for my #1, I used to go to OG to get big size maternity clothes, mostly bottoms. Now I can recycle some of them. But I need to get tops and dresses.
You can try to take a look at this website. My first time buying from this website. I just ordered a dress from http://www.jumpeatcry.com

me too... fat... now really scare to step on the weighting machine at each visit to the gynae...
for my #1, I used to go to OG to get big size maternity clothes, mostly bottoms. Now I can recycle some of them. But I need to get tops and dresses.
You can try to take a look at this website. My first time buying from this website. I just ordered a dress from http://www.jumpeatcry.com
lolz same i too go OG cos that is probably the only place to get big size maternity clothes at low cost lolz

Their clothes looks nice but kinda small and it's only one size? Aiyo sure cannot fit me one...

Their clothes looks nice but kinda small and it's only one size? Aiyo sure cannot fit me one...
There are sizes for some designs. Try to do the measurement and will know can fit or not... I also just bought 1 to try out first. Price is quite reasonable and if cannot fit, will keep it for my sister... :)

anyone going to the baby world in suntec this weekend? I might go there take a look to see what are the stuff available now... Still blur on what need to be bought

anyone going to the baby world in suntec this weekend? I might go there take a look to see what are the stuff available now... Still blur on what need to be bought

I wanna go! Same as you, I am also VERY blur what to buy. The timing is like not here, not there. Is it too early to prepare? haizzzz hahaha:rolleyes:

I wanna go! Same as you, I am also VERY blur what to buy. The timing is like not here, not there. Is it too early to prepare? haizzzz hahaha:rolleyes:
Can go there take a look and survey around. Cos there is another one Babycare Festival in Singapore Expo early Feb.

Hi mummies and mummies to be,
I was just approached by a fellow mummy at at Suntec Baby fair ytd. She is a was sharing with me about SG50 baby campaign.
It can be found here: http://www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/sg50/baby/index.jsp?=MTE3MDE3Ng
She was showing me pictures of cute lion booties and baby accessories she got for free by signing her child up in the link she shared with me.
I thought I should share the good news/ freebies with more mummies. Cant wait to receive mine. :)

Ahh there's another baby fair in feb? Hubby and I were thinking going to sun tec again this evening but sure v crowded. We went yesterday early afternoon was still quite good until late afternoon when the crowd starts to come in then we quickly left.

Hi mummies and mummies to be,
I was just approached by a fellow mummy at at Suntec Baby fair ytd. She is a was sharing with me about SG50 baby campaign.
It can be found here: http://www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/sg50/baby/index.jsp?=MTE3MDE3Ng
She was showing me pictures of cute lion booties and baby accessories she got for free by signing her child up in the link she shared with me.
I thought I should share the good news/ freebies with more mummies. Cant wait to receive mine. :)
Thanks for sharing this info.

Ahh there's another baby fair in feb? Hubby and I were thinking going to sun tec again this evening but sure v crowded. We went yesterday early afternoon was still quite good until late afternoon when the crowd starts to come in then we quickly left.
I was at suntec on sat night around 7.30pm. The crowd is okay, not very crowded. Checked out the Medela and Spectra breastpump . Yes, there is a BabyCare Festival 6 to 8 Feb at Singapore Expo. But I am not sure who are be the exhibitors there.

I was at suntec on sat night around 7.30pm. The crowd is okay, not very crowded. Checked out the Medela and Spectra breastpump . Yes, there is a BabyCare Festival 6 to 8 Feb at Singapore Expo. But I am not sure who are be the exhibitors there.

There's another baby fair in April 10-12 by same organiser. Can still shop if anyone miss it last week but hopefully our tummy won't be in the way ;)

mlr, congrats... I am also 40 this year and having my #2.
Hi hi, Many thanks.
Although 2nd pregnancy, but my 1st was 9 years ago, so am very anxious and cant help being worried about the possible complications, etc.
Last week consult, doctor change my hypertension meds and had me started on low dose of aspirin to help prevent blood clots.
Next week amnio test. Previous time was a breeze, but this time round feeling nervous....

Also during last consult, doctor said bb already week 15! Week before say its week 13, 1 week later say week 15...

Hi hi, Many thanks.
Although 2nd pregnancy, but my 1st was 9 years ago, so am very anxious and cant help being worried about the possible complications, etc.
Last week consult, doctor change my hypertension meds and had me started on low dose of aspirin to help prevent blood clots.
Next week amnio test. Previous time was a breeze, but this time round feeling nervous....

Also during last consult, doctor said bb already week 15! Week before say its week 13, 1 week later say week 15...
mlr, guess the week the bb is in depends on the measurement they took at every checkup using ultrasound. My #1 pregnancy was also many many many years ago.

There's another baby fair in April 10-12 by same organiser. Can still shop if anyone miss it last week but hopefully our tummy won't be in the way ;)
I also heard of the April exhibition but did not know of the actual dates. Understand this time the venue will be at Singapore Expo.

Hi mummies

We jostled with the crowd and queued up long to buy the Philips sterilizer at $135 at the recent Suntec fair, assuming shud be cheaper than outside. Then the next day we went to Taka to buy cny goodies and I wanted to take a look at their baby items - same sterilizer sold at just $99 (discounted) at Taka !!

Disappointing. Think d fair is not so fair - priced after all

One baby pillow n bolster ( cannot wash type) n a one month bottle (less than $10) - costing the extra $36.

You can hardly call these freebies, can you?

We only wanted the steriliser in the first place. But it was not sold on its own. So clever these 'fair' organizers

Back