3 year old does not want to go to day-care

mini15

Hello Mummies,

Need some help.

I have a 3 year old boy who used to love his day-care. And from last one month he does not want to go to his school.

The major change that I can think is his new class Nursery 1. I have spoken to his teachers/principal, and have asked them to be easy with him. The school teachers have been very understanding so far and are doing whatever they can.

He cries every day I drop him, but is happily playing when my helper or I pick him.

Has anyone else seen the same behavior? Any suggestions on what all I can do on my side to help him.

He speaks, but is not very vocal on what all happens at school. But all in all I can sense that he is fine at school. I speak to his teachers almost every other day - I guess they will be fed up of me by now.

Another thing to share is that I am expecting a second child, not sure if this is causing any insecurities for him. But wondering how can it lead to this behavior.

I think this only a phase mommy. My 2yo son also doing the same thing. Hr have been joining pg class since 18mo, very happy when school time before. Now even he dont wanna see his uniform, and very clingy to me every morning. Ask me to carry him and dont wanna go out from home, he know its school time. I talk with teacher, they said my boy happy in class and nothing different. Just test my patient I think

Thanks novitahandoko for sharing that I am not the only one. How long it has been going on for you?

My boy has been doing this for last one month, and I have started to loose patience now. I do not know when is this phase going to end.

I also ask him to share if there is anything wrong at school, and he only replies back with one sentence, "I don't want to go to school".

He been like this abt 2 weeks already. I think if he is still happily playing in class no need to worry. Sometime they just good actor to get what he want. But he need to learn school time cannot compromise coz its important. Lets hang in there mommy, just stretch our patience

Hello Mummies,

Need some help.

I have a 3 year old boy who used to love his day-care. And from last one month he does not want to go to his school.

The major change that I can think is his new class Nursery 1. I have spoken to his teachers/principal, and have asked them to be easy with him. The school teachers have been very understanding so far and are doing whatever they can.

He cries every day I drop him, but is happily playing when my helper or I pick him.

Has anyone else seen the same behavior? Any suggestions on what all I can do on my side to help him.

He speaks, but is not very vocal on what all happens at school. But all in all I can sense that he is fine at school. I speak to his teachers almost every other day - I guess they will be fed up of me by now.

Another thing to share is that I am expecting a second child, not sure if this is causing any insecurities for him. But wondering how can it lead to this behavior.

Hi there, my girl also behave the same ..when I drop her she will cried n said want to go hm.but when I picked her up after class,she will tell me she wants to go sch..so Is there any good suggestions can help..
She is attending pre nursery half day now.mini15 which sch is ur boy attending now?

Dear mummies,

I am facing the same situation as my 3 year old girl, crying For the past 3 weeks when drop off. Could be I switch her from half day program to full day program.

At the beginning when first attended school at 2 years old, she did the same thing for like 3months.

I am still hanging on.. Everyday testing my patience. Very frustrated too, with other kids all happily attending school. Makes me feel my child is the only difficult one.

Everyone says keep to the routine,and hope the phase goes away..

Let's all keep our fingers n toes crossed.

Back