3 kids & more - how do u cope

Hi all mummies..

Im a mother of 3 (Triplets).. Its really tough..especially at this age and reaching their terrible twos soon... oh even though have not reach that stage but already acting like that stage..

How do you all mummies cope with the expenses ??? How about holidays ???

I have 2 maids at home and hubby only 1 working and 2 of my kids attending childcare sommore.. my maids giving me tonnes of problems and cannot handle my children... i also dunno what to do...Is there a better way to handle children their age and do u think i can send 1 maid back and left with 1 to cope with the trios together with me?

Hi everyone,

I have 4 kids and youngest one is currently 4 mths old. She was a surprise gift from god cos the other 3 are above the age of 10. Nonetheless, she has become the princess of the house and being loved by her elder brothers.

For me, I became a stay-home mum after I gave birth cos I didn't want to put her in infant care and I also want to spend more time with my other kids. Kids grows up fast and no matter how much money we earn, it cannot buy back those times. I have no maid at home, so home is messy but clean
happy.gif
(I do clean the house everyday). On top of this, I'm pursuing a part-time degree too. I find life more hectic at home compared to working.

To me, the joys that kids brings are priceless and I love them
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
Happy Chinese New Year !!
May this new year brings lots of laughters and happiness !!

Hi Nana,Froggie & Sam,
Welcome to this thread.

Hi mummies, I got "caught". Now feeling a kinda lost and depressed cos i am expecting no. 4. Hubby and i do not agree with abortion becos of religion, and more so becos our other 3 kids are so adorable and brought us so much joy and laughter. My only worry now is how to let my employer know i am expecting again....... Just wanna ventilate, did any of u mummies here feel the same? My kids are aged 10, 8, 4. Haiz............

Hi Missy13,
I think you don't have to worry to tell your boss. Since your youngest one is already 4. You are not expecting again just after given birth.
It is a blessing to have more kids, I have two friends who initially don't have kids and have been thru painful experiences just to conceive. Now, both of them had 2 kids each but both pregnancies were not natural.
Feel free to share with us your concerns and etc. We are here to support one another.

Take care !

Hi Lydia,

Yeap..that's a long time didn't hear from you. How are you? Btw, how old is your youngest one? School exams are around the corner, will you be busy coaching your kids?

As for me, I'm looking for the option to migrate to Aussie. I have just been there for holiday and I love the environment and the edu system. I feel that it is very positive for my kids and family-bonding place coz there is not much activities at night...haha then this will force everybody to stay at home. I'm too tired in Spore, here too much activities...for parents and kids, I mean all of us doing our things individually...
Btw, do u know any good agent to recommend?

Hello all! Didn't come to this thread for a long time , hope everybody's coping well. As for me, been busy and also helping my 2 older ones with their exams which is 2 weeks away
sad.gif

Hey chris, I share EXACTLY the same sentiments as you.. feel like migrating to Aussie too, when I was studying there more than 10 yrs ago, my chinese aussie friends also encouraged me to migrate over.. Now it's too late liao.
Went to perth with my family a yr ago, and my kids love it so much..
Very stressful life here and the education system is
sad.gif
sad.gif
.. A friend of mine invested in a house in Melb, but yet to get PR, think it's not so easy. Another of my relative applied 2 yrs ago with their teaching career and have yet to hear from the aussie side..

Hi Missy13, don't be depressed ya, hope you are feeling better now.. My kids are 10, 8, 4 and 2.. they are a bunch of noisy and adorable kids..

Hi Choc06,
Long time no chat. How are you? Me too.. coaching my two elder ones for their exams which is this week onwards.
Why you are too late to apply for the migration now? As u hv study there before then u will hv more points in the migration grading.
As for me, I am still looking for a reliable agent. I think it is not easy... will keep my fingers cross.

Hi Chris!
Been busy juggling all the roles of a cook, teacher, nurse, discipline mistress.. haha.. I think you share the same job as me right, hehe.. we are both in the same company.. and now it's the exam period, busy coaching the kids too, how old are your two older ones? Mine are p5 and p3. The p5 work is not easy..

Think my points are not considered already.. Cos both my relative did an honours there also. They went for the interview, and up till now, the emigration is still pending.. And Oz side said they are still looking into it...

Hello lydia, how are you?

To the other ladies! Welcome to this thread
happy.gif

Oh chris, just read from the previous post, you still working? sorry I forgot, how are you coping? Must be v tough and tiring.. Me still SAHM, busy with 1001 things..
Had a uni friend who upon graduating, found a job there and settled down there till now. Since then, we've lost contact.If I'm not wrong, another way is to invest in their property?
Or get a job posting there. Will be so good if my ang gets a posting there.. hehe..

Take care ya..

Hi Choc06,
Yes, I'm working full-time. Work is more challenging & demanding than before. And yet, kids are also challenging esp. the P1 boy who is still playful & forgetful type. Sigh...

My kids are P4, P1, N2 and 2yo. I have a maid and a mom in law at home. The elder threes are in the full day care and only the youngest one at home.

As for the Aussie topic, you mentioned that it will be so good if your "ang" gets a posting there. What is "ang" ?

Nowadays, migration law has tighten and the new lady PM is not so pro on foreigner/migration. I'm thinking if I can't migrate by next year, i will apply student visa for my kids and then I will live there as "study ma-ma". Of couse if can migrate then will save $$$$$ per year on my kids edu fees
happy.gif

Hi chris, nice to hear from you, haha.. sorry, ang means hubby in hokkien..

It's a good idea to send your kids there for the education and be a study mama.No wonder they are sitting on my relative's application, now that the migration law is so stringent..
As for me now, I think anywhere out of singapore will be great, just to get out of the stress..
My no. 3 and 4 are K1 and 3yrs old this yr..

Have a great weekend!

Hi Choc06,
How is your weekend? As for mine, I have burnt mine marking the assessment books. Have been revising with my 2 elder ones... the most challenging is my P1 boy. He is very slow and not as smart as my elder girl. Therefore, when I tends to compare them, I feel very stress and expectation on him is higher which make him stress too. I don't mean it but just sometimes unable to self-control. Sigh....

Hi marmum,
I also struggling on how to cope with one income if I stopped working. So, until today I still work... but next year i can resign liao coz my hubby income can cover mine. Actually, this year he has promoted and his pay increase 50%. But to play safe, I still work but I will keep my $$ and all the expenses will post to him to see how he will cope with only his income. Then will decide/re-organise our living style.

Perhaps those full-time mummies can share their ideas with us. Thanks !

Hello chris and marmun!
Ya, my weekend was burnt by coaching and marking my 2 older one's work too..
My dd1 is bit blur kind, so she needs more time from me ... and she has forgotten her p4 work which is worrying.. Haiz.. it's a slow and painful death leading to the main papers next week.. Also reminding myself not to use harsh words and flare up which i'm very guilty of
sad.gif
Well, let's pat one another on our backs and we must stay strong physically and mentally for our kids
happy.gif

Hi marmun,
Ya, not easy to survive on single income.. got to learn to live within our means.. Certain things i have learnt, maybe old liao..the priority between our needs and wants. And also hb gives $ to me, which i'll budget carefully.

So, for us, i prepare 3 meals daily during the weekdays, eat at my mum/mil's house during weekends. Else will be a simple meal outside.

Clothes are mostly hand-me-downs, since they wear sch uniforms 5 days a week. Clothes shopping is done twice a year in Malaysia.
As my dd's sch is a stone's throw away, i also save on transport.

Holidays are also nearby destinations esp Malaysia, and the kids are very happy and contented just to spend time at the pool or watch cartoons in the hotel room.. hehe..

Kids only have chinese enrichment lessons. They also have assessment books given by their tutor.. which is their mother..

They have no ipads, ipods, psp whatsoever, cos it'll give me more headaches just to settle their disputes on who to play/snatch first.. I ask them to find wholesome games online or read books borrowed from the library, or else they can do more PSP(problem solving processes in Mathematics)hahaha..

I have read blogs with large families learn from them. These mothers have 4 and 6 children respectively. Think one is a working mum..
http://valtay.blogspot.com/
http://fohl.blogspot.com/

How about the rest of the mummies, do share with us too
happy.gif

Have a great day!

Hi hi,

Chris, Ya, my youngest one now in N2 and eldest one now in Pr 3 so exam going on for this 2 weeks...her chinese abit of weak so need to guide abit on that area...You're right, to find a good and can be trust agent really not easy..take your time to do so, dont rush..

Hi Choc06, I'm fine with busy busy with the 4 notti , this yr lao er also go Pr 1 so more busy then last yr lor...how are you? hope you're doing fine too..

Hi marmum, it's not easy to have so many kids but there are many ways to cope with it also.

Hi
Just found out I am preggie with no 5.
Unplanned. Hb wants me to do ligation this time round. Which means i have to go to TMC to deliver this time. Mt A doesn't do ligation but I prefer Mt A leh....

Hi Constance congrats for 5th baby!! I prefers mt A too but I didn't know they don't do ligation. Have you double check with them? If no choice I rather you choose mt e. You must take good care, must drink more tonic food ya! Don't end up like me lack of calcium after my 4th.

Not bad next yr dragon yr!! Long bao bao wor!! I simply love babies a lot but already close factory.. Is OOS haha if i can..I want dragon bb!! Now school fees for them is so ex!! Need to work extra hard and best part is me and hubby can fall asleep while having our dinner aka supper. Anyway I really love bb a lot if my husband is wealthy I don't mind having 12!

I just found out from my sis too. Mt E don't know have this service or not but my sis say maybe don't have too. Anyone taking contraceptive pills?

Vivienne
Just had d&c. It was a blighted ovum. No bb in sac....
Thought i wouldnt be too affected cos of the many kids i have at home. But not true...
Still very sad.
And all these had to happen after me and hb were finally mentally prepared for no 5....
sad.gif

re: ligation

regarding this topic, those who have done ligation, may i know whether your was tied or cut?

my gynae told me its common to tie instead of cut these days, and the chance of being pregnant carry the same %. true?

hi ladies,

i m a mom to 3 young kids, 7, 3, 18months. my hubba and i are in the midst of discussing whether we should have a 4th kiddo. as we really love kids.
any mo4 here???

btw if unprotected sex 9 days before period, is it safe??? bcos i am really unsure if we are ready for the fourth.

Personally, i will advise you to place your kids at the child center / hire a part time helper. At the child center, there are teachers around to look after your kids and educate them some basic knowledge while having a maid is not that reliable since she will alone looking after 3 kids and you might not know what she will do behind your back to your kids. As you know, there are a lot cases regarding about maids abusing kids therefore i do not trust and find them reliable unless you might want to install some surveillance camera which is quite costly.

Back