3 follies and should i continue?

jasmin88

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. Hopefully by sharing my dilemmas I get to learn something from you who have experienced something similar. I'm turning 38 soon in another month and married for 5 years and finally we decided to go for IVF.

I just came back from seeing Dr Loh, TMC and had my 3rd scanned after undergo the following procedure:

On day 2 menses:
1st scan: detected 3 follies. Given 3 days gonal f + pergo and 1 day gonal f + orga
2nd scan: from the existing 3 follies, only size increased but no new follies. Given another 2 days of gonal f + orga
3rd scan: The same 3 follies grown bigger and 1 in odd shape

Dr say my chances pretty slim especially we are doing ICSI as my hubby sperm is low motility. I'm not sure if i should continue or stop here. If continue, I will have an extraction this sat.

Meanwhile I hv 2 fibroids; 1 big almost reaching the max size and 1 small. Although both does not affect anything. And i think i have some build up scar tissues from my perforated appendix few years ago. I'm thinking maybe I should remove the fibroids and clear up the scar tissues and start a fresh IVF cycle to increase my follies quantity and quality.

Any thoughts?

I think u should continue. We also continued and we only hv 2 but we were lucky and our boy is turning 2 in April. Any chance is a chance. Good luck!

I did IVF with 1 cyst in right ovary and adenomyosis on the left. My DR said we can proceed. I had 15 eggs retrieved but only 1 fertilized normally. I did FET with that and my son is now 7.5mths old.

I think u should continue. We also continued and we only hv 2 but we were lucky and our boy is turning 2 in April. Any chance is a chance. Good luck!

Hi Fion,

Thanks for your reply. I missed the window as I decided not to continue. But I definitely will not give up the next round. Btw, where and who is the doc who did the IVF for you? I'm wondering if I should switch doc?

Hi Fion,

Thanks for your reply. I missed the window as I decided not to continue. But I definitely will not give up the next round. Btw, where and who is the doc who did the IVF for you? I'm wondering if I should switch doc?

I went to NUH and my doctor was Dr Lim. I am all praises for NUH team. The nurses were all friendly and professional and that made me feel comfortable.

Back