2019 TEEN PREGNANCY WRONG GENDER PREDICTION

sadcatv

Hello, I’m currently a teen mom to be, and its my first pregnancy. im 16 turning 17 this year & im currently 19 weeks pregnant. my pregnancy was planned & i currently have support from my family. i was actually afraid to be judged but luckily a few of my friends are pregnant as well. i know teen pregnancy in sg is not easy, but i would just like to seek some advice...?

i know it seems weird but, ive always had this feeling that i am going to give birth to a boy. ive had many many dreams that my child looked just like my husband & ive always felt like it was a boy & even planned a name for him. however this week, i had my screening. my baby didnt open his legs & he even turned when the screener tried to view him. he kept covering his face, turning away & crossing his legs.

so when i was excited to know what gender it was (not that it should matter, but honestly just wanted my instincts to be right) the doc told me it was a girl because of the 3 lines. but i couldnt believe it. my baby didnt open his legs & i couldnt see anything. does 3 lines really mean its a girl? of course ive read many other threads that 20 weeks may not always be confirmed & esp if we couldnt get an open leg view.

can anyone let me know based on experience? many people say my bump looks like a boy & my breakouts as well. not only that im growing alot of hair as well. ive tried to see gender prediction charts but my age is applicable. do let me know what you think & what your experience is :)

Hi! As part of my group’s final year paper titled “Navigating Teenage Parenthood: How Gender and Society Shapes Experiences of and Identity Construction within Teenage Fatherhood and Motherhood in Singapore”, we are recruiting ex-teenage parents to participate in an interview with us!

Please message me if you are an ex-teenage parent living in Singapore and is keen in participating in an interview as we explore the experiences of teenage parenthood. I can assure you that your identity and any information you request to be kept off the record to be confidential. Thank you!
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-01 at 12.09.08 AM.jpeg

Back