2017 IVF mummies

Any 2017 IVF mummies? :)

I've just tested positive for my beta (884.5) in KKH on 5 Aug 2016! Looking forward to my 6 wk scan on 17 Aug.

Hope to congregate IVF preggies due in 2017; the larger the number, the more encouraging for those sisters still trying!

Any 2017 IVF mummies? :)

I've just tested positive for my beta (884.5) in KKH on 5 Aug 2016! Looking forward to my 6 wk scan on 17 Aug.

Hope to congregate IVF preggies due in 2017; the larger the number, the more encouraging for those sisters still trying!

hi there,

I've also gotten a positive result with beta 664 with NUH on 5th August. Do you think you have a chance for twins since your beta count is high? I'm due 12 April 2017

hi there,

I've also gotten a positive result with beta 664 with NUH on 5th August. Do you think you have a chance for twins since your beta count is high? I'm due 12 April 2017
Hi Truddy, welcome!
I tested positive 710 in mid July, EDD 23 March. :)

hi there,

Eh I doubt so, cos my doc put in 1 blast. Unless the blast split. But I read prev year's IVF mummies' thread, some of the ladies preggie with twins have Hcg in the thousands and one with triplets at 21k if I don't remember wrongly... Lol so our Hcg is considered normal range? Does NUH have the protocol for a 2nd beta? KKH just schedules the 6 wk scan and consultation with doc.

hi there,

Truddy I saw you joined the April mummies already... I calculated myself and my EDD seems to be 24 Apr, lol quite far from urs though our beta on same day. But prob different protocols in different hospitals.

Eh I doubt so, cos my doc put in 1 blast. Unless the blast split. But I read prev year's IVF mummies' thread, some of the ladies preggie with twins have Hcg in the thousands and one with triplets at 21k if I don't remember wrongly... Lol so our Hcg is considered normal range? Does NUH have the protocol for a 2nd beta? KKH just schedules the 6 wk scan and consultation with doc.

Hi again,
I'm gg for my 6wk scan this Friday. Not sure of 2nd Beta. I can ask this Friday. Can we exchange contacts. I have so much questions about this pregnancy as I'm first timer. Haha.. What a nice surprise for positive at my first try.

Truddy I saw you joined the April mummies already... I calculated myself and my EDD seems to be 24 Apr, lol quite far from urs though our beta on same day. But prob different protocols in different hospitals.
Yours seem a bit long. Should be about one week earlier?

Hi again,
I'm gg for my 6wk scan this Friday. Not sure of 2nd Beta. I can ask this Friday. Can we exchange contacts. I have so much questions about this pregnancy as I'm first timer. Haha.. What a nice surprise for positive at my first try.
Lol we are all first timers! Hopefully some experienced MTBs will join us later.

Hi Mich, congrats on your positive results, which hospital are you with and are you with twins or single embryo? Haha.. So excited for you.
I'm with dr tan Heng Hao of KKH. Singleton for me. Did my 6 weeks scan 1.5 weeks ago and saw the sac and fetal pole. Thurs is 8 weeks scan.

Hi again,
Lol I'm also a first time preggie... Very new and still reeling from the positive beta as well... No morning sickness or whatsoever yet. Being IVF-er, I'm now worrying about the bb's progress and stability after worrying thru the 2ww. MichNg has been helping to reassure me thru PM as we were active in the other thread for support for sisters still going thru ivf. Among the 3 of us, she's now the pioneer lol.

Surprised so long no one started this thread. Hopefully those due in Jan and feb 2017 can join us too.

Really grateful for IVF. I hope we get many BFPs for the rest of the year among the sisters who are still trying so that they can graduate to here!

You know my stomach bloated up nearer the end of 2ww. And it hasn't come down since. I really look 2 to 3 months pregnant. So paiseh and my usual clothes now feel and look a bit tight. You girls?

You know my stomach bloated up nearer the end of 2ww. And it hasn't come down since. I really look 2 to 3 months pregnant. So paiseh and my usual clothes now feel and look a bit tight. You girls?
Mine looked 4 to 5 months. It's gone down now, after about 2 weeks. As it goes down... Your morning sickness may get worse. :(

Lol I'm also a first time preggie... Very new and still reeling from the positive beta as well... No morning sickness or whatsoever yet. Being IVF-er, I'm now worrying about the bb's progress and stability after worrying thru the 2ww. MichNg has been helping to reassure me thru PM as we were active in the other thread for support for sisters still going thru ivf. Among the 3 of us, she's now the pioneer lol.

Surprised so long no one started this thread. Hopefully those due in Jan and feb 2017 can join us too.

Really grateful for IVF. I hope we get many BFPs for the rest of the year among the sisters who are still trying so that they can graduate to here!

Hi Almondearie,

Did you get success after first try like me? I'm with NUH and this fri would be gg for scan for week 6 to know if it's a second embryo or twins since I did 2 embryo transfer at NUH. I'm excited. I have mild cramps now and then & sore breast in the morning. I go toilet to urine quite a lot even in the middle of the night, some gastric pain as my metabolic rate went up. Apart from that, not much other symptoms. I'm still trying to believe that I'm actually pregnant and wish to get some support or join a community. Hope we all have a smooth and successful pregnancy and delivery.

Hi Almondearie,

Did you get success after first try like me? I'm with NUH and this fri would be gg for scan for week 6 to know if it's a second embryo or twins since I did 2 embryo transfer at NUH. I'm excited. I have mild cramps now and then & sore breast in the morning. I go toilet to urine quite a lot even in the middle of the night, some gastric pain as my metabolic rate went up. Apart from that, not much other symptoms. I'm still trying to believe that I'm actually pregnant and wish to get some support or join a community. Hope we all have a smooth and successful pregnancy and delivery.
Ya it's my first fresh cycle. First try. I have a blocked tube and my hb has a health condition which he is undergoing clinical study for right now (new medication) so we can't try naturally. Doc didn't think IUI was going to work for me so he recommended IVF straightaway. Also cos of my age (I'm 34); he was v explicit about it *rolls eyes*.

I felt the odds were against me cos I have funny menses pattern (spot for 5 to 6 days before AND after full flow, which is also only 1 to 2 days). My hb had to freeze sperms before his clinical study started. So no fresh sperms. Hence I was mentally prepared to have to go thru a few cycles. So really, when my beta was out, it felt like I struck toto.

I have mild and sharp cramps once to twice a day, lasting for a few seconds. Was worried but I guess the hospital also can do nothing for me, since I'm not spotting. I started getting up at night to urinate also but not often la, mostly just once. Boobs are slightly swollen at times but not really sore. My other more obvious symptom is this clear white discharge but I'm not sure if it was becos of the suppositories...

My discharge became yellowish past couple of days, another worry sigh. But I used to have it from time to time when I'm too heaty or stressed before preggie. Will monitor and let the doc know if it doesn't get better with drinking more water.

Hope this thread can be a good support for you! If you need some advice, perhaps you can drop by the IVF/ICSI Support thread in Matters of the Heart. There are a couple of preggies in the advanced stages of their pregnancies who have been very helpful in dishing out advice and support! :)

Good to hear from you so quickly. Did you have to take vaginal support gel and twice weekly injection like me? Tmr I have to go back to NUH for injection.

Good to hear from you so quickly. Did you have to take vaginal support gel and twice weekly injection like me? Tmr I have to go back to NUH for injection.
Haha when I work then my responses will start to lag... Today's PH ma. Lol.

KKH will cease the v inserts. I was prescribed with oral medication of Duphaston twice daily once BFP. No injection leh. That's why I wonder if that's what I need for the cramps.

Haha when I work then my responses will start to lag... Today's PH ma. Lol.

KKH will cease the v inserts. I was prescribed with oral medication of Duphaston twice daily once BFP. No injection leh. That's why I wonder if that's what I need for the cramps.
It probably depends on your progesterone level. Cause I was recommended to jab by thh when I had my 6 week dr visit.

It probably depends on your progesterone level. Cause I was recommended to jab by thh when I had my 6 week dr visit.
Oh... Akan datang then... Lol

Feeling slightly nauseated this morning. Despite having a full meal last night.

I've to take daily twice vaginal gel utrogestan & Po edtrofem & crinone on top of twice weekly injection proluton depot 2 and oral Duphaston twice a day and folic acid 1 a day. Is that too much? Haha

I've to take daily twice vaginal gel utrogestan & Po edtrofem & crinone on top of twice weekly injection proluton depot 2 and oral Duphaston twice a day and folic acid 1 a day. Is that too much? Haha
Wah! NUH really go all out... Lol

must be tough to do so much while in office. unless, NUH give medical leave?

Yes NUH gave me 19 days of hospitalization leave which ended last week. Good thing I'm self employed so I can have time to go back for medical/ injection/ Apply all these medications.

Did anyone of you did TCM Accupuncture to assist with IVF? I did twice and have 4 more sessions, but not sure if it's save now.

Are you ladies back at work? I feel tired all the time, have to take afternoon naps on some days too.

BTW, the hospital will only take care of us through week 12 for the first trimester only. Have you guys found a gynae for second trimester yet? Anyone heard of Dr Heng from Parkway East? I'm thinking of her

Yes NUH gave me 19 days of hospitalization leave which ended last week. Good thing I'm self employed so I can have time to go back for medical/ injection/ Apply all these medications.

Did anyone of you did TCM Accupuncture to assist with IVF? I did twice and have 4 more sessions, but not sure if it's save now.

Are you ladies back at work? I feel tired all the time, have to take afternoon naps on some days too.

its good you have some flexibility.
I've been back 3 weeks and feel tired especially afternoon. nowadays, I try to lunch in and take a 30 min nap. also sleeping earlier now.
I didn't do acupuncture, just tcm herbs. you can check with your tcm dr?

my kkh dr (tan heng hao) is also obgyn, so we will stick with him all the way. so, don't need to think of changing dr. can be quite a headache. I don't see any in my 2017 March thread with her though.
Almondearie, are you sticking to THH too?

its good you have some flexibility.
I've been back 3 weeks and feel tired especially afternoon. nowadays, I try to lunch in and take a 30 min nap. also sleeping earlier now.
I didn't do acupuncture, just tcm herbs. you can check with your tcm dr?

my kkh dr (tan heng hao) is also obgyn, so we will stick with him all the way. so, don't need to think of changing dr. can be quite a headache. I don't see any in my 2017 March thread with her though.
Almondearie, are you sticking to THH too?
Yup he's my lucky star. Sticking to him like glue. Lol.

I did TCM acupuncture before and all through my IVF process. Including post-ET.

Ya back at work. And 受气-ing. But trying to zen myself out for the sake of the bean. And have to keep my job for the sake of the bean too... It's nice that you're self-employed, can arrange your time around the baby when he/she is born also.

hi there,

hi..can i know your ivf with which doctor tks

i only insert gel and jab..how come u hv a lot...haha..i am same doctor as u

Occasionally I'll take a peek at the 2016 IVF mummies thread, as recommended by MichNg. It's so inspiring as some of the mummies are almost due already. THH is well loved among many of the mummies there also. Apparently he has taken very good care of them throughout their pregnancies.

I'm in a dreamy state but still don't dare to embrace the fact that I'm pregnant. Lol just sharing my thoughts...

Occasionally I'll take a peek at the 2016 IVF mummies thread, as recommended by MichNg. It's so inspiring as some of the mummies are almost due already. THH is well loved among many of the mummies there also. Apparently he has taken very good care of them throughout their pregnancies.

I'm in a dreamy state but still don't dare to embrace the fact that I'm pregnant. Lol just sharing my thoughts...
Me too in dreamy state. Dare not expect too much. Preggy symptoms struck already. Giddy n feeling heavy all the time.

Me too in dreamy state. Dare not expect too much. Preggy symptoms struck already. Giddy n feeling heavy all the time.
I don't really have pregnant symptoms per say. My symptoms come on and off but feel like usual fare. Like today I keep yawning... But prob cos I haven't been sleeping well recently and abstaining from coffee.

Hello sisters!! Thank you for opening this thread @Almondearie

Im a first timer too after 2 failed iui.
I just got my Beta done this morning. 1729. Transferred 2 embbies both grade 4 on day 3. Im with Dr Tan TY from KKH. First scan on 25 Aug.

Still disgesting the news.

Actually i wanted to ask.. Is Dr Tan HH appointments full till sep? I didnt conceive under ivf under him this round so i m now like walk in patient and they put me sooo late till sep. Way past my 6,7,8 weeks i believe. So sad.. Now i survive on supports from kkh 24 hrs.

I hv a failed fet under him earlier this year so luckily for that i hv some left over inserts to use too but not for long.

Actually i wanted to ask.. Is Dr Tan HH appointments full till sep? I didnt conceive under ivf under him this round so i m now like walk in patient and they put me sooo late till sep. Way past my 6,7,8 weeks i believe. So sad.. Now i survive on supports from kkh 24 hrs.
Tan HH is usually packed... He's popular for both ivf and obgyn. Not sure how they schedule his obgyn but for us IVF-ers under him, I think we are still under his watch. My beta was on 5 Aug and 6-wk scan on 17 Aug. Auto-queue one I believe.

My fren called 2 weeks ago for consultation (fertility) and she got a late Aug date.

8-wk scan is quite normal for those who TTC naturally but I can understand you will be worried. Your ivf doc no good?

Tan HH is usually packed... He's popular for both ivf and obgyn. Not sure how they schedule his obgyn but for us IVF-ers under him, I think we are still under his watch. My beta was on 5 Aug and 6-wk scan on 17 Aug. Auto-queue one I believe.

My fren called 2 weeks ago for consultation (fertility) and she got a late Aug date.

8-wk scan is quite normal for those who TTC naturally but I can understand you will be worried. Your ivf doc no good?
Oh your fren called 2 weeks n got late aug so my sep is quite expected then. Hopefully nothing goes wrong till then. My ivf doc ah.. Dr THH lor but i didn't conceive under him this time. He helped me conceived my first child thou so i m going back to him. Hope he can jagar me well cos i quite high risk. Thanks for sharing Almond. :)

Oh your fren called 2 weeks n got late aug so my sep is quite expected then. Hopefully nothing goes wrong till then. My ivf doc ah.. Dr THH lor but i didn't conceive under him this time. He helped me conceived my first child thou so i m going back to him. Hope he can jagar me well cos i quite high risk. Thanks for sharing Almond. :)
No prob! :)

Back