2016/11 (Nov) babies

Hi Mel, congratulations! Wow, you're gonna have a big family! :)

Just tested positive this weekend too and I'm a first time mummy. I'm super excited but also really worried/paranoid/scared at the same time :s

I tested positive last wed,based on edd calculator, shd be early Nov. Second child but will be 7 yrs apart. Going see gynae this wed. Mel, who takes care of the children, I thinking it's gonna be a headache. Infant care plus elder kid student care will add up to be over $1k. If get helper, I scared not good.Mil Malaysian, parents still working, so they not keen to take care.

Ross,
My 3 kids currently all attending full time cc. I fetch them after work. Intending to get a maid this time round to look after 4th one. As the cost is the same as hiring a maid. Previously 3 kids are attend ifc wjen they are ard 3months old. Super stress with 4th child.

I tested positive last wed,based on edd calculator, shd be early Nov. Second child but will be 7 yrs apart. Going see gynae this wed. Mel, who takes care of the children, I thinking it's gonna be a headache. Infant care plus elder kid student care will add up to be over $1k. If get helper, I scared not good.Mil Malaysian, parents still working, so they not keen to take care.

Congrats! My edd should be around early Nov too. But have not seen gynae yet, have made appnt next week. Are you in week 6 this week?

Tested positive last Thursday. Gonna be my second child. Still breastfeeding my boy, any mummies have similar issues at me?

Hi melmel,

I am same as u. Just tested positive on Sat. Was very paranoid duno to keep or not. Coz it's my 4th also. Unplanned and hb not really happy coz financially. My 2nd n 3rd also accident. So decided to stop who knows after 4yrs kena again. Stress!

Hi melmel,

I am same as u. Just tested positive on Sat. Was very paranoid duno to keep or not. Coz it's my 4th also. Unplanned and hb not really happy coz financially. My 2nd n 3rd also accident. So decided to stop who knows after 4yrs kena again. Stress!
Same situation. Hb Stress over financial problems too. Ya initially don't knw to keep or not. U seen gynae alrdy? How old are your kids? Mine is 5,4,2. Hais really don't know hw to manage. But this time round finally decided to hire a helper. Troubled over this issue too. As it's my first time hiring one.

Coz I m not working ever since no 3 so all the burden on him alone. Mine or 7,6 & 4. Haven't seen gynae yet. Called Tis noon to book to see on 18 March. Still thinking to kp ant but the cost of abortion is like giving birth to 1. Really don't know. If based on LMP my Edd shd b 11 Nov. I don't dare to tell any1 esp my parents, scare they will scold me.

How abt u? U seen the gynae?

Hi, test positive today. Used the clear blue kit and state 2-3 week now
My second child. First child is 2.5 year old.
Always worried abt taking care cos now mil who is 70+ helping me while I'm at work

Last edited:
Coz I m not working ever since no 3 so all the burden on him alone. Mine or 7,6 & 4. Haven't seen gynae yet. Called Tis noon to book to see on 18 March. Still thinking to kp ant but the cost of abortion is like giving birth to 1. Really don't know. If based on LMP my Edd shd b 11 Nov. I don't dare to tell any1 esp my parents, scare they will scold me.

How abt u? U seen the gynae?

Giving birth the cost is much more.. yap booked appt alrdy. But so far haven tell anyone except hb.

Ya. It's unplanned this time round.
Wanted to stop at 3.
Congrats too khee!
You found a gynae alrdy?

Thank you =) I got a gynae recommendation thru my friend. Going for my first appointment on 18 Mar!

It's so difficult hiding the news from my colleagues....I hope they don't notice that I've stopped drinking coffee and wearing heels... :X

Haha. Ya It's hard to hide. But some of them know but they would not ask till u tell them urself. :)
Anyone hiring a helper?
Hb is more keen to hiring a helper than ifc this time round. But I'm worried as helper would be alone with bb thou camera would be installed.

Haha. Ya It's hard to hide. But some of them know but they would not ask till u tell them urself. :)
Anyone hiring a helper?
Hb is more keen to hiring a helper than ifc this time round. But I'm worried as helper would be alone with bb thou camera would be installed.

I am considering hiring one. My MIL can take care once my maternity leave ends but she's not in very good health, so I think we'll need a helper to assist. I also don't feel so secure to leave the helper alone with bb leh =| How was your experience with ifc?

I am considering hiring one. My MIL can take care once my maternity leave ends but she's not in very good health, so I think we'll need a helper to assist. I also don't feel so secure to leave the helper alone with bb leh =| How was your experience with ifc?

Ya Lor. That's why I'm worried helper with bb alone. Ifc is great, teacher is nice towards my girl till she is so attached to her. The only con is falling sick very frequently despite bb on tbm.
Now with 4 kids, and both of us are working. I don't think ifc is a good choice as we can't afford to be taking urgent leave so frequently. Very hard to decide.

Hello everyone! Tested positive last Wednesday. Haven't book any Gynae. Can share with me which Gynae that you all seeing? Any recommendations?

@minidiary hello and congrats! :) I'll be seeing Dr Kenneth Lee from Mt A. He was recommended by a close friend. I think you may want to check out which hospital you wanna deliver at and check if your desired gynae delivers there.

For me I was a bit lazy to do research, so just went with my friend's recommendation, haha :D

Hello everyone! Tested positive last Wednesday. Haven't book any Gynae. Can share with me which Gynae that you all seeing? Any recommendations?
I go back to my first child gynae, Dr woo bit hwa. I find him OK and it's near my hse, so check up more convenient, u shd consider doc nearby, imagine 7-8 mths down the road, you won't want travel too far to see gynae.

Hi everyone! Got my BFP yesterday though AF is not due yet but I couldn't wait to test! Edd probably mid-end November if all goes well :)

Hello everyone I just tested positive this Monday:) and I went to see gynae immediately. However gynae only able to see the sac but nothing was in there. I'm worried now :(

My last menses was 2nd feb so I should be 5 weeks?

Hello everyone I just tested positive this Monday:) and I went to see gynae immediately. However gynae only able to see the sac but nothing was in there. I'm worried now :(

Hi Steph, don't worry too much! 5 weeks is still early. Was it a transvaginal scan? Did u schedule another gynae appointment a few weeks later? Should be able to see more then :)

Hi Steph, don't worry too much! 5 weeks is still early. Was it a transvaginal scan? Did u schedule another gynae appointment a few weeks later? Should be able to see more then :)
Hihi ace. Doc didn't do transvaginal scan. He did the normal scan from tummy though. And that cost me $293 with an unknown answer. Now feeling lost and was schedule to see him next Tuesday. But the thot of another $293. I think it's too expensive. Any recommendation for a more reasonable gynae? Thank :)

Hihi ace. Doc didn't do transvaginal scan. He did the normal scan from tummy though. And that cost me $293 with an unknown answer. Now feeling lost and was schedule to see him next Tuesday. But the thot of another $293. I think it's too expensive. Any recommendation for a more reasonable gynae? Thank :)

Oh I see, usually in early pregnancy weeks some will do transvaginal scan for a clearer view. If it's tummy scan and gynae couldn't see anything then I wouldn't worry at all :)

Did the $293 include any vitamin supplements? I can't quite recall my gynae's exact charges but it's quite ex too, a couple of hundred each visit. Then usually later on in the pregnancy, most gynae will have a fixed package for us to purchase that covers the remaining checkups.

Hi ace! 293 was only inclusive or duphaston, pregnancy test kit, ultrasound that's all.

I was so shock with the price haha. Didn't see that coming.

Anyway I forgot to congrats you too :)
What does BFP and AF means? Haha sorry noob here.

Hi ace! 293 was only inclusive or duphaston, pregnancy test kit, ultrasound that's all.

I was so shock with the price haha. Didn't see that coming.

Anyway I forgot to congrats you too :)
What does BFP and AF means? Haha sorry noob here.

Yeah gynae charges can be pretty high! I'll probably schedule my first gynae appointment a few weeks later. Lots of expenses even before our baby is born :)

Thanks! Congrats to you too! BFP is "big fat positive" (on the pregnancy test) and AF is "Aunty flow" haha

I would like to deliver at M Elizabeth Novena. But not sure if my previous Gynae delivers there. Just call to make appt and his if fully booked. Only April he's available and by then I'm 10weeks I think. Is it too late for first check up?

I would like to deliver at M Elizabeth Novena. But not sure if my previous Gynae delivers there. Just call to make appt and his if fully booked. Only April he's available and by then I'm 10weeks I think. Is it too late for first check up?
I think it's too late. As my gynae went overseas only back mid April. But nurse says too late as there are some test to be done. So she arrange me to see another gynae first.

I think it's too late. As my gynae went overseas only back mid April. But nurse says too late as there are some test to be done. So she arrange me to see another gynae first.

Which Gynae they arrange for you? WK Tan also very popular and heard Long waiting hours.

Congrats everyone!
Tested positive last tues and visited gynae at kkh on sat to confirm. Indeed preg, 4wks now.
Total bill was $300+ for consultation, scan, blood test, folic acid and dydrogesterone pill.

I just went scan, cost $139.1, scan and consulatation cost only. Didn't give me any med, he says no need since no bleeding, just take folic acid on my own. Today also see nothing, sac and yolk only.he says come back in 3 weeks.

Wow!! Glad to have this group. I have called up to make appt with dr choey wei Ben at clementi as my gf recommended him. His charges : consultation 80-120, ultrasound 50-60. It's way cheap then the first gynae I went at amk. Which cost me 150 for consultation and 100 for ultrasound. Appt is next Monday.

In my 4w2d today, feeling happy yet worried at the same time. Had a miscarriage 4 mths ago at 7wks, now very paranoid about this baby... Seeing Dr Ben Tham only 2 weeks later even though I mentioned about my previous miscarriage and wanting to see him earlier but his nurse said go so early also cannot do anything :\ Anybody in the same shoes as me? what do you do to make sure baby is still sticking? I'm so scared!

In my 4w2d today, feeling happy yet worried at the same time. Had a miscarriage 4 mths ago at 7wks, now very paranoid about this baby... Seeing Dr Ben Tham only 2 weeks later even though I mentioned about my previous miscarriage and wanting to see him earlier but his nurse said go so early also cannot do anything :\ Anybody in the same shoes as me? what do you do to make sure baby is still sticking? I'm so scared!

Some gynae only starts seeing mummies after 8 weeks. If u go too early also no point can't see heartbeat. Maybe that's why nurse ask u to go at a later stage. When is ur appt?

Hi cressy
When's your lmp? My booking with dr Ben in April. Like so Long to wait. And I'm not sure if he delivers at mount e Novena. Asked the nurse earlier date, they said full and they not sure if dr Ben delivers there

Have u seen gynae already? I'm seeing next week and I'm feeling jittery about sac and heartbeat!
Saw today, see nothing, just sac and yolk. Doc says come back on 30th. Scan shows it implanted on one side not at center. Wonder if that's any issue?

Yeah gynae charges can be pretty high! I'll probably schedule my first gynae appointment a few weeks later. Lots of expenses even before our baby is born :)

Thanks! Congrats to you too! BFP is "big fat positive" (on the pregnancy test) and AF is "Aunty flow" haha
Hehe I can't wait few more weeks. Made appt for next week already hehe.

Which gynae are u seeing? I wonder what is the cost of the hospital bill.

Hi. Same with me. The first ultrasound they cant see. They do trans vaginal still cant see. My ob ask me to do the test for ectopic to see if baby is out of the womb. So the test result they see the sac inside so no more worries. They give me vitamins and will see again on 28 if baby was formed already. Im in my 6th week.

Hehe I can't wait few more weeks. Made appt for next week already hehe.

Which gynae are u seeing? I wonder what is the cost of the hospital bill.

I totally understand your excitement! I can't wait for my first scan too! I'll be seeing Dr. Chong at Gleneagles but will be delivering either at Mount Elizabeth Orchard or at Mount Elizabeth Novena :)

Hospital bills can vary a lot! It really depends on what type of room you take (single bedder, double bedder etc.), choice of pain relief (if any), how the delivery progresses on that day itself etc.

You can get estimates from the hospitals (online or during maternity tours) and that will give you an idea of what their standard packages cost if everything goes smoothly :)

Back