2016/06 (June) baby

Just went for my 2nd appt on sat.. Even thou i belong to the long risk group can't help but worry.. Ask gynae more about oscar and harmony test..

Oscar - $350
Harmony - $1300
iGene - $1800

He said it's optional but he recommend iGene as it test for more things than harmony..

Research on oscar the feedback wasn't good.. Gynae also agreed..

Dilemma :(

To me, personally if i know i belong to high rish, i would heed my OB advice, OB know your condition the best. Try to discuss with your Hub, see what he thinks :)

To me, personally if i know i belong to high rish, i would heed my OB advice, OB know your condition the best. Try to discuss with your Hub, see what he thinks :)

Gynae advice is actually no need to take cos low risk.. Hub is ok to go for iGene for our peace of mind.. But I ask around my mummies friends all said no need and I'm too paranoid.. So I'm lost >_<

Gynae advice is actually no need to take cos low risk.. Hub is ok to go for iGene for our peace of mind.. But I ask around my mummies friends all said no need and I'm too paranoid.. So I'm lost >_<

If cost is not a concern then go ahead. because both u & ur HUB not comfortable...want to buy a console to your heart, right?

If cost is not a concern then go ahead. because both u & ur HUB not comfortable...want to buy a console to your heart, right?

Money is not a concern as of now.. But of course the more we save the better ma.. As the expenses will be more and more at the end..

Hi @asphere happened to chance upon your post. I am actually from the May 16 grp. I went to Dr Tham last week for my 1st consultation at Week 8. It cost me $242 for consultation and scan plus one month supply of Vitamin B and a bottle of Gaviscon as I had bad gastric and bloatedness. Will be going for my Oscar and pre eclampsia on Nov 5th. They grouped these 2 scans tgt with the 20th week detailed scan which will cost me $800. Hope it helps :)

Wah seh meaning his charges increase near to $200 over 3 years.. sigh~~ i am going for my 1st appt this fri. and he sure wanan suan me again.. haha..
my 1st 2 boys also delivered by him.. he is a good gynae. haha funny guy..

gals.. this is my no.3. my hub does not want to keep due to financial problem (i am not working) and 2nd bb is stil young. at first i felt really angry with my husband for wanting to terminate the pregnancy, i wish to keep the bb but i have to face the reality.. . i feel very down in the past 3 weeks. now i am in 7th week. this is really a hard decision for me..
Hi Jelly4ish, this is God's gift. i am also preg with 3rd one and my others kiddos are 4 and 2 this year. me too facing financial issue but i told my hb we will go through it tgt and we must keep the baby no matter wat..
maybe u can try doing some part time job?
Pray for the right decision.
dun be depress..

Hi asphere,
any part-time job to recommend?

Heaven send me a number three....after 4years...Eldest girl is 6yr old...then 2nd girl is 4yr old.. and i am in heavy debt..

Hi ladies, this will be my #2. Didn expect so fast but is happy to welcome him/her. My edd is on 6 mth June 2016. Went to doctor once..

Last edited:
gals.. this is my no.3. my hub does not want to keep due to financial problem (i am not working) and 2nd bb is stil young. at first i felt really angry with my husband for wanting to terminate the pregnancy, i wish to keep the bb but i have to face the reality.. . i feel very down in the past 3 weeks. now i am in 7th week. this is really a hard decision for me..
I understand everyone have their difficulties.. but i hope you give the little one a chance.. you can try getting part time job to help your hubby.. or try to spent less.. there must be a way! Jiayou n dun be depress..
A lot of ppl wan to have child but cun.. i lost my 1st bb as no heartbeat n went for D n C..
I cried upon entering the opt room.. i really hope u think of other ways rather than give it up...

Hi all, posted earlier regarding our exciting discovery.
EDD 12.06.2016 ;)

Visited Mount A's Dr HK Ho twice since.
Though we are not sure how other Drs' charges are like, it loaded onto us like what most mummies advised, that his charges are on the high side.
For the 2 visits (consul, scan, test, jab and meds), we have spent close to $700. And we have to return every week.

We are expecting to spend $1200 or more for a month's worth of visit. Is this what we should be looking at? This has certainly made things a lot less exciting... :(

We are in search of alternatives. We earn average income and I don't think we will be able to sustain such fees till delivery.

Mummies, any recommendation on good gynae with affordable fees?
TIA!

Hi all, posted earlier regarding our exciting discovery.
EDD 12.06.2016 ;)

Visited Mount A's Dr HK Ho twice since.
Though we are not sure how other Drs' charges are like, it loaded onto us like what most mummies advised, that his charges are on the high side.
For the 2 visits (consul, scan, test, jab and meds), we have spent close to $700. And we have to return every week.

We are expecting to spend $1200 or more for a month's worth of visit. Is this what we should be looking at? This has certainly made things a lot less exciting... :(

We are in search of alternatives. We earn average income and I don't think we will be able to sustain such fees till delivery.

Mummies, any recommendation on good gynae with affordable fees?
TIA!

Actually depend what is your expectation on the doc and also where you stay, got to find one that is convenient for you and you and you hubby comfortable. I visit doc Phua at Kovan for my 1st bb at yr 2013 and going to visit him again this friday for my 2nd one. I dunno how is his fee range now but during2013, i really found his fee is very reasonable

Hi ladies, am expecting my #2, EDD 9th June.
Been having bleeding on and off; so can only pray hard now that things will be alright.

Wanted to ask if anyone has advice for morning sickness? Am quite nauseated nowadays and it's interrupting my work.. And colleagues will probably start asking soon as much as I wish to keep it a secret for now since the pregnancy ain't stable yet.. :(

i been having morning sickness and its getting worse today... on off bleeding better go back to gynae for a check rest more..
totally agree abt not to give up on the baby.. hehe coz this is actually my 4th preg as i mc for the 2nd preg. v heartpain esp when i let it flow out of me naturally. i see it out of me lor.. really breakdown then..

Hi ladies,

Did any of ur gynaes prescribe utrogestan/duphaston as an tai yao, even with no spotting etc?

My gynae prescribed duphaston for me, to be taken 3x a day.
I had spotting 1 morning (at 6wks). Expected to continue duphaston though no more spotting after that (now at 8wks).

Hello!

Tested positive 2 weeks back and just seen the doc 2 days ago. Edd on 5/6/15 :)

Anyone seeing Dr Lawrence Ang here? Went to him and I think he's not bad, quite chop chop but hand itchy, went to googled reviews, saw negative ones and its dated back in 2011. Now Abit worried zzzzz..

Anyway can add me in the fb group too?! I've just added @thefatturtle at your personal fb.

Thanks!
Hi, I'm seeing Dr L Ang and I had intro my fren to him as well. I hv read the article as well but I believe is 1x off and not mainly his prob.
You will be in gd hands. Don worry!

Hi mummies who are unexpectedly expecting no.3, I'm sorry for your dilemma. It's always hard for the mum as you have the bond with the baby, even from day1, and especially when it's not your first.

We're expecting our no.3 in mid June too. Unplanned and hubby didn't take too well to it at first, his response made me cry. But we worked it out and placed our hope in God to provide. It's 8wks now. We're consulting at NUH under B2 class, makes the fees more manageable. In fact, all my pregnancies were consulted at B2 class until the final appointment (switch to B1). My first appt cost $110 (scan, blood test, consult).

Termination is a difficult decision, and I'm sorry if you have to consider it. But there are other options as well. You can give the child up for adoption (from birth), or foster out the child. Still not the best arrangement but at least you preserve the life. Besides, with $10k grant from the govt, perhaps your husbands will have a change of mind in the months to come.

All the best.

Hi..
Any mummies experiences great pain at e joints. My knees n hand waist so pain... its not all the time but will last abt 2 days everything it occurs.. sometimes shoulder aches.. arm aches.. sometime hand waist pain n some time knee pain. Ive problem climbling overhead bridge just now.. almost wanna cry!

Last edited:
Hi mummies,

I'm new to this forum. Congrats to all mummies-to-be here!! I'm also expecting my first baby and EDD is end June 2016. Can I request to be invited to join the Facebook page for June2016 babies, please? Would really love to share experiences with all the lovely mummies :)

Thanks so much everyone!

Hi mummies,

I'm new to this forum. Congrats to all mummies-to-be here!! I'm also expecting my first baby and EDD is end June 2016. Can I request to be invited to join the Facebook page for June2016 babies, please? Would really love to share experiences with all the lovely mummies :)

Thanks so much everyone!
Hi Sls1979 congrats ! Pm me ur email. I will send u an invite :)

Sat i went for my scan..
my edd became 27 May...currently 11 weeks ++ .. arranging OSCARS...
all my preg edd changed during 2nd scan...

hi all, finally went for my check. and i was 9weeks last fri and i still sotong tot 6 weeks haha.
edd 10 june... but gynae said will be earlier since my 1st 2 are early by 1 week.. hehe.. going oscar on 26 nov.
can add me in fb? [email protected]

hi mummies, anyone experiencing terrible migraine? I'm at 8 weeks now, been having terrible migraine/splitting headache for the past few days.

have been puking at odd hours and during noon. initially it was just gas, but I threw up yellow liquid today and I'm a little worried. next appt is on 1st Dec :(

this migraine is killing me.

Mummies,

Anybody experience morning sickness/nausea/symptoms easing up in week 7? The easing up of symptoms make me worried whether lil one is developing fine inside.

Such a paradox, even if i feel physically more human now

Mummies,

Anybody experience morning sickness/nausea/symptoms easing up in week 7? The easing up of symptoms make me worried whether lil one is developing fine inside.

Yes, I'm worried about the development of my little beanie too. I was so fatigued last couple of weeks but now the tiredness and even the nausea seems to be easing...
I'm around 8 weeks.

hi mummies, anyone experiencing terrible migraine? I'm at 8 weeks now, been having terrible migraine/splitting headache for the past few days.

have been puking at odd hours and during noon. initially it was just gas, but I threw up yellow liquid today and I'm a little worried. next appt is on 1st Dec :(

this migraine is killing me.

Hi, perhaps u would like to get anti nausea tablets from the doctor. I threw up acid and a bit of blood and the doctor say it's not ideal cos it may lead to ulcer hence He gave me the anti nausea. It's helps in reducing the puking but the nausea will still be around.

Hello ladies. It's my first time pregnancy, at 7 weeks now. Was wondering if anyone has recommendation for gynae at Mount A? As the current one I'm going to is kinda of expensive :(

Hi, perhaps u would like to get anti nausea tablets from the doctor. I threw up acid and a bit of blood and the doctor say it's not ideal cos it may lead to ulcer hence He gave me the anti nausea. It's helps in reducing the puking but the nausea will still be around.

Thanks dear! The doctor did prescribe me the anti nausea pills, but I didn't eat it because I thot I shldnt rely too much on these pills. but looks like I've no choice after all! haha. i tried placing ice bag at the back of my neck last night and it helped a little. maybe you can try it too. :)

Mummies,

I am experiencing same thing, coming near to end of 6th week now, my nauseous seems to subside and feeling more energetic. Worried max too. When will be your next appointment?

I am experiencing same thing, coming near to end of 6th week now, my nauseous seems to subside and feeling more energetic. Worried max too. When will be your next appointment?

I have an appt with another gynae next monday. I shld be 8w then. Praying all will be fine. Positive thots!

my gynae is dr benjamin tham but his clinic is at tmc.
i am still getting ms daily at all the weird timing too..
cant wait for 26 nov for the next check.. hehe. and hope he give me discount :D since this is my third one..
hehe

my gynae is dr benjamin tham but his clinic is at tmc.
i am still getting ms daily at all the weird timing too..
cant wait for 26 nov for the next check.. hehe. and hope he give me discount :D since this is my third one..
hehe

Hi asphere,

Since u were with ben tham before, can i check with you the est total cost from prenatal visits to delivery plus hospital stay?

Tks!

Hi! Pls add me at fb! [email protected]

Am in my 10th week! EDD 7 June! Am at kkh subsidised.

My pregnancy nausea are the worst! I had HG with my first preg and its the same with this pregnancy. Was in and out of the hosp bcos i couldnt down any food or water and needed iv drips because my ketones were +++. Ive tried alot of anti nausea pills. And none worked. And too bad for me its the same with my pregnancy this time round. I know how bad the nausea is. So hang in there ladies!

My last appt the dr gave me zofran. Its the only think that worked for my bad case of HG. But i only took 2 pills and stopped bcos i was scared of the side effects. I cant do anything or work and it frustrates me that people dont understand that im trying.

On a side note, every dr who ive seen said that having bad morning sickness means ur baby is strong. Im not sure how true is that but my first born is a healthy 1 yr old even though i couldnt get anything down during my pregnancy!!

Hi asphere,

Since u were with ben tham before, can i check with you the est total cost from prenatal visits to delivery plus hospital stay?

Tks!
his charges now is $800 wor..
oscar not in. so i total have to pay 800 + 560.
as for the hospital stay depend on wat you get..
i cant rem the charges now. go home check then update here.

hi all, finally went for my check. and i was 9weeks last fri and i still sotong tot 6 weeks haha.
edd 10 june... but gynae said will be earlier since my 1st 2 are early by 1 week.. hehe.. going oscar on 26 nov.
can add me in fb? [email protected]
Asphere ! just sent you an invite. Once you accept it, I can add u into the secret grp page.

Hi mummies,

This is my first pregnancy and I am about 8weeks now. I think I'm getting very paranoid about things that I use like shampoo, body wash, toiletries, etc. I read online that certain chemicals found in these products may be harmful to the baby like salicylic acid, parabens, etc. I have changed my entire facial products (was using sk2 and now switched to Clarins). But I recently found out that some of the Clarins products also contain retinyl palmitate which is also harmful. But when I asked the Clarins promoter, she said their products are safe to use. I thought they should be quite safe since they also have those anti stretch mark creams for pregnant ladies in their range. Am I just being too paranoid? My Gynae said as Long as it is not in huge amounts and not ingested orally, it should be ok. But am still worried. Anybody can share tips? Or let me know which beauty range is baby safe. Thanks...

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum so hello!

This is my 9th week and my edd is 21 June 2016, super close to my own birthday!
I've went to my gynae Dr Benjamin Tham at TMC and is now waiting for my next appointment at 12th week.

Loads of info overloaded during first appointments like all the oscars + panaroma tests + doc package + hospital room types and cost. Still researching and deciding..

Can I join the fb group too? My email is [email protected]. Thanks!

Nice to see you all here! :)

Last edited:
I have an appt with another gynae next monday. I shld be 8w then. Praying all will be fine. Positive thots!
Was thinking of you, lol! Hope your appointment goes well today :) mine this coming Wed , 8w. Praying ... yesterday some really weird cramps both side low abdomen .. morning sickness still being mild, boobs sore come n go....freaking me out really bad at times. ><

Was thinking of you, lol! Hope your appointment goes well today :) mine this coming Wed , 8w. Praying ... yesterday some really weird cramps both side low abdomen .. morning sickness still being mild, boobs sore come n go....freaking me out really bad at times. ><

So sweet of u to remember JJade! Ya i just had my gynae appt, it was lovely n all is well w baby! So heartwarming to hear bb heartbeat..

Ya my symptoms up n down like stockmarket, i lost weight despite force feeding. But glad to see bb growing well. So dun worry, u will be fine this wed.

@PengPeng18. Ya so confusing rite, i haven digest all e info yet to come to a decision yet

Back